'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 182361 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Curmudgeon

Savannah, GA

#170901 Jul 20, 2014
Demonicrats wrote:
<quoted text> Most liberals believe in abortion..........preach to them!
***NewsFlash****

So do RepubliCONs, don't leave the Republicans out of your preaching....

Republican Majority for Choice | Home
www.gopchoice.org/ - Similar to Republican Majority for Choice | Home
Provides a home and a voice for pro-choice Republicans.

Republican Majority for Choice | RM4C PAC
www.gopchoice.org/rm4c-pac/ - Similar to Republican Majority for Choice | RM4C PAC
RMC PAC supports pro-choice Republican candidates. As a connected PAC, RMC can only provide electoral information to dues paying members. It's WORTH ...

[ More results from www.gopchoice.org ]
Republican Majority for Choice | RM4C in the News
www.gopchoice.org/about/rm4c-in-the-news/ - Similar to Republican Majority for Choice | RM4C in the News
In a great opinion-editorial in the Boston Globe, Nancy discusses how support for women's health and a less divisive party isn't just a part of the GOP's past,...
Curmudgeon

Savannah, GA

#170902 Jul 20, 2014
Republicans For Planned Parenthood

http://www.plannedparenthoodaction.org/get-in...

Now you folks keep quiet about this, cause Republicans don't want people to know about it.......The Republicans say. Voters should be kept in the dark....
If you spread this around, Republicans will sure get hopping mad, and the Last Thing I want to do is make a Republican Angry....
Curmudgeon

Savannah, GA

#170903 Jul 20, 2014
Well wrote:
<quoted text>I would have been an enthusiastic supporter of Herman Cain, not because he is black but because I favored more of his positions on the role of government in our lives. He is "more black" than Obama. Can we move on from the juvenile claims of racism to explain your lack of respect for freedom of association?
SO, you really like the Koch Brothers???

Herman Cain said, "I am a Koch Brother by another Mother."

You want to do away with Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Insurance, Public Schools, the 40 Hour Work Week, the Minimum Wage, Child Labor Laws, Public Schools, etc..........etc..........etc. ......
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#170904 Jul 20, 2014
Governor Gets Personal While Explaining Plan To Help Undocumented Children

Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D) detailed Friday his plan to temporarily provide shelter to undocumented children who have illegally entered the United States.

Patrick is working to help the federal government identify a site in Massachusetts to temporarily shelter up to 1,000 children while they await deportation or are reconnected with family members within the U.S. Possible locations have ranged from military bases to unused shopping malls. Costs would be shouldered by the federal government, and the shelters would be under federal control.

"The facility would be secure. It would have spaces for children to eat, sleep, play and go to school," Patrick explained during a press conference, saying the average expected stay would be 35 days for each child.

Patrick appealed to listeners' humanity and drew on personal convictions, noting that "it bears remembering that these are children alone in a foreign land."

He later got emotional, explaining how his faith informed his decision. "I believe that one day we will have to answer for our actions and our inactions. My faith teaches that 'if a stranger dwells with you in your land, you shall not mistreat him,' but rather 'love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt,'" Patrick said.

Watch Patrick's full remarks above.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/18/deva...

A DEM American mentality. Should be more. The world watches.

WWJD (well?)

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Curmudgeon

Savannah, GA

#170905 Jul 20, 2014
Republican Majority For Choice.org Denounces the Passage of H.R. 1797 by House Republicans

http://gopchoice.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/rep...
Well

Hyden, KY

#170906 Jul 20, 2014
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to do away with Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Insurance, Public Schools, the 40 Hour Work Week, the Minimum Wage, Child Labor Laws, Public Schools, etc..........etc..........etc. ......
Most of that sounds good to me
Curmudgeon

Savannah, GA

#170907 Jul 20, 2014
Republican Majority For Choice, History

http://abortionwiki.org/index.php...
Well

Hyden, KY

#170908 Jul 20, 2014
DITCH MITCH wrote:
Governor Gets Personal While Explaining Plan To Help Undocumented Children
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D) detailed Friday his plan to temporarily provide shelter to undocumented children who have illegally entered the United States.
Patrick is working to help the federal government identify a site in Massachusetts to temporarily shelter up to 1,000 children while they await deportation or are reconnected with family members within the U.S. Possible locations have ranged from military bases to unused shopping malls. Costs would be shouldered by the federal government, and the shelters would be under federal control.
"The facility would be secure. It would have spaces for children to eat, sleep, play and go to school," Patrick explained during a press conference, saying the average expected stay would be 35 days for each child.
Patrick appealed to listeners' humanity and drew on personal convictions, noting that "it bears remembering that these are children alone in a foreign land."
He later got emotional, explaining how his faith informed his decision. "I believe that one day we will have to answer for our actions and our inactions. My faith teaches that 'if a stranger dwells with you in your land, you shall not mistreat him,' but rather 'love him as yourself; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt,'" Patrick said.
Watch Patrick's full remarks above.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/18/deva...
A DEM American mentality. Should be more. The world watches.
WWJD (well?)
RIP GOP
DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Jesus would tell people to take these people into their homes and care for them. I don't think he would tell Governor Patrick and President Obama to forcibly take money from others which is not yours in my name to care for these children.

“Walk With Me in Hell”

Since: Apr 13

Hell, Norway

#170909 Jul 20, 2014
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that anything like Warren Buffet and his secretary paying a higher tax rate than himself.

(Newsflash)
He hasn`t paid any taxes yet, he owes millions yet refuses to cut a check.
Well

Hyden, KY

#170910 Jul 20, 2014
Curmudgeon wrote:
Republican Majority For Choice, History
http://abortionwiki.org/index.php...
Are you pro-choice?
Curmudgeon

Savannah, GA

#170911 Jul 20, 2014
Republican Majority For Choice.org

GOP choice Co-Chair Susan Bevan Defends Pro-Choice Republicans on MSNBC's Up With Steve Kornacki

http://gopchoice.wordpress.com/2013/07/22/wat...
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#170912 Jul 20, 2014
Herman Cain Quotes

"I'm ready for the 'gotcha' questions and they're already starting to come. And when they ask me who is the president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan I'm going to say, you know, I don't know. Do you know?" –Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain

They [China] have indicated that they're trying to develop nuclear capability and they want to develop more aircraft carriers like we have. So yes, we have to consider them a military threat." –Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, warning that China could develop nuclear weapons, even though they've them since 1964, PBS interview, Oct. 31, 2011

"Yes. Yes I feel that strongly about it. If we can get the necessary support and it comes to my desk I'll sign it. That's all I can do. I will sign it." --Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain, speaking about a constitutional amendment banning abortion. Presidents, however, do not sign constitutional amendments – they're passed by congress and must be ratified by the states, and the president plays no role in the process.(Oct. 22, 2011)

"Engage the people. Don't try to pass a 2,700 page bill – and even they didn't read it! You and I didn't have time to read it. We’re too busy trying to live – send our kids to school. That's why I am only going to allow small bills – three pages. You’ll have time to read that one over the dinner table. What does Herman Cain, President Cain talking about in this particular bill?" –GOP presidential candidate and former pizza magnate Herman Cain (June 6, 2011, Pella, Iowa)

Read more idiotic quotes by the GOP candidates...
http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/2012-Elect...

hahaha, Herman Cain...hahahahaha

Hey, maybe you could repuke him as one of 2016 failed candidates to add to the rest of them. lmao...herman cain..hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Curmudgeon

Savannah, GA

#170913 Jul 20, 2014
Well wrote:
<quoted text>Most of that sounds good to me
Yep, I know you would like to do away with these things....no me, I am Not a Multi-Millionaire, but I live quite well and I have anything I want and more than I need..

I can Make it without Social Security, but, that is MY Money, and I want it...My Employers and I Paid More Money into Social Security than I will live long enough to draw out...

And I'll be Danged If I am going to sit quietly by and let the Republicans Take It Away From Me , in order to give, yet another Unneeded Tax Cut to Multi-Billionaires....

I don't think that makes me dumber than you and all those Millions of Dumb Republicans..........

“I am the 99%”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#170914 Jul 20, 2014
Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
When I witness the abuses myself, it is a fact, not a belief or hyperbole.
That doesn't however make it typical. Aside from the fact that human observation is the least reliable type of evidence, you could be witnessing an anomaly, or events atypical to your area.
Well

Hyden, KY

#170915 Jul 20, 2014
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I know you would like to do away with these things....no me, I am Not a Multi-Millionaire, but I live quite well and I have anything I want and more than I need..
I can Make it without Social Security, but, that is MY Money, and I want it...My Employers and I Paid More Money into Social Security than I will live long enough to draw out...
And I'll be Danged If I am going to sit quietly by and let the Republicans Take It Away From Me , in order to give, yet another Unneeded Tax Cut to Multi-Billionaires....
I don't think that makes me dumber than you and all those Millions of Dumb Republicans..........
I've paid into for over 30 years too. It is understandable people expect to be made whole. I hope and expect you to receive what you were promised. The problem is that your money and mine has already been spent and we do not have a right to our social security contributions as well as the money we receive in the future will not be our own but will be the sacrifice of younger workers. Taking money from other people to make us whole is immoral and makes us more willing to become recipients of stolen property. There should be a way to honor the commitments made to people for having their earnings confiscated all these years without resorting to fleecing younger generations to do it.

“I am the 99%”

Location hidden

#170916 Jul 20, 2014
Well wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus would tell people to take these people into their homes and care for them. I don't think he would tell Governor Patrick and President Obama to forcibly take money from others which is not yours in my name to care for these children.
I love how you Christians ALL know how Jesus would react.
From his teachings it is most likely that he would favor the most effective way to help the poor.
It doesn't appear from his writings (Or rather the writings about him) that he would mind using tax dollars to feed and help those less fortunate.
What I think he would mind is taking tax dollars to build a war machine. Think of the financial shape we would be in if we cut out military spending in half.
DITCH MITCH

Elizabethtown, KY

#170917 Jul 20, 2014
Supersizing Warren Buffett's $2.8 Billion Tax Deduction

Uber-billionaire Warren Buffett gave $2.6 billion to charity last year. Hardly one to rest on his laurels, this year he upped his giving to $2.8 billion.

Warren Buffett is one of the world’s richest and most benevolent men. Buffett pledged to give away 99% of his fortune. In 2012, he gave $1.5 billion to the Gates Foundation. In the same year he pledged $3 billion of stock to his children’s foundations. Mr. Buffett has now donated more than $13 billion in Berkshire Hathaway shares to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and over $23 billion overall.

Why donate stock rather than cash? When someone donates stock, the donor gets a charitable contribution deduction based on the fair market value of what is given. Value and basis are different things, which can mean a big tax advantage.

Big donations yield big tax benefits

Of course, make sure the donee organization is qualified. You cannot deduct contributions to individuals, political organizations or candidates. The IRS maintains a list of all charities. To check whether particular organizations are on the IRS list, click here.

Mr. Buffett may have said that he thinks his own tax rate should be higher. But he has also proven to be careful to plan transactions efficiently so he pays less. Like a long term investment that pays off, perhaps there’s something satisfying in arranging a deal that is tax-efficient and that benefits charity. It’s unlikely that any of us will make it to Warren Buffett‘s level. Still, properly planned charitable contributions can be tax efficient and do good works too.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2014/0...

and yes devilman he has said that over and over advocating higher taxes for millionaires and billionaires....that's no secret.

Buffett says he's still paying lower tax rate than his secretary

Warren Buffett says even though he and other top earners are paying higher taxes this year, he thinks he's still paying a lower rate than his secretary.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/04/news/economy/...

Looks like Warren spends most of his fortune on charities, not gerrymanding teabaggers like the coch bros.

GOP = themselves, BIG CORPS, and $$$$$$$$$$

DEMS = PEOPLE

Voters won't forget. Watch for it.

RIP GOP

DITCH "NOT MY JOB" MITCH
Well

Hyden, KY

#170918 Jul 20, 2014
Cornelius Scudmister wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how you Christians ALL know how Jesus would react.
From his teachings it is most likely that he would favor the most effective way to help the poor.
It doesn't appear from his writings (Or rather the writings about him) that he would mind using tax dollars to feed and help those less fortunate.
What I think he would mind is taking tax dollars to build a war machine. Think of the financial shape we would be in if we cut out military spending in half.
What if those tax dollars are forcibly taken as our tax dollars are? Do you think Jesus would favor the use of force against people unwilling to pay to do the Lord's work?
Well

Hyden, KY

#170919 Jul 20, 2014
By the way, taking tax dollars to build a war machine is a proper function of government.

“I am the 99%”

Location hidden

#170920 Jul 20, 2014
Well wrote:
<quoted text>I've paid into for over 30 years too. It is understandable people expect to be made whole. I hope and expect you to receive what you were promised. The problem is that your money and mine has already been spent and we do not have a right to our social security contributions as well as the money we receive in the future will not be our own but will be the sacrifice of younger workers. Taking money from other people to make us whole is immoral and makes us more willing to become recipients of stolen property. There should be a way to honor the commitments made to people for having their earnings confiscated all these years without resorting to fleecing younger generations to do it.
Bad reasoning from the start.
Its like banking. When you put money in the bank they do not physically put your money aside. It is spent in the form of loans and interest. When you take money out of the bank you are taking money from other peoples deposits. In fact all US banks wouldn't even be able to pay if everyone tried to withdraw money at once.
Its the same with Social Security. It is not immoral to expect to get back what you paid in and you will. Like banking it was built on money coming in outpacing money going out.
Right now the money coming in IS more than the payouts, but it is not expected to keep up in the future.
Will it need to be changed? Yes, but how much will depend mainly on the economy and deficit spending. It is good for at least the next 30 years and I expect whatever changes are needed will be done,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How would you interpret thid 14 hr uknowit 8
Felicia ford Sat juzsayin 2
Need a good plumber!!!! Sat GeniaS 13
ciara seay (Dec '12) May 22 a friend 16
wondering May 21 ky waltz 1
Minit Mart (Mar '12) May 20 stranger 24
I hate thiefs and people that don't want to wor... (Oct '14) May 20 hilo 17
More from around the web

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE