'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
136,221 - 136,240 of 151,298 Comments Last updated 41 min ago

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#158971 Mar 27, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a unique economic factor at play here; The world Trade Center -"Twin Towers" Terrorist attack was an act of "Economic Terrorism" as well as "Physical and Emotional Terrorism".
The economic effect was immediate and prolonged. The emotional and psychological effect continues now and beyond the foreseeable future.
One financial result was the security counter measures needed to prevent more attacks...that is a financial burden no one seems to factor into these economic arguments...who knows the total cost? How many more agencies and departments were created just in the USA? How much will that continue to cost us? It isn't chump change, and it's a PERMANENT economic debit!
I don't disagree, however the point I responded to was the Bush employment totals which were obviously incorrect.

“ONE EARTH”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#158972 Mar 27, 2014
Six million US citizens live outside the US.
1,130 Americans have denounced their citizenship
so far this year apparently not everyone seems
to think this is the best country to live in.
Other countries do have electricity and everything
we have. Sweden does have a higher standard of living.
More cars, tvs, ect. per capital than the US. A garbage
man in Sweden makes just a few thousand less than a
doctor. Now that equality.
And, fair, to me its a toss up who saves more lives who
prevents more illness., Doctor or sanitation.
This country still has some growing to do.

Since: Oct 09

#158974 Mar 27, 2014

#158975 Mar 27, 2014
Did you know that Social Security is "VOLUNTARY" and is the biggest ponzi scheme the free world may ever know?

I am serious ,"Cancel Your Social Security, and free yourself of the System"

Check it out!

Call Social Security:

ask them "Is Social Security mandatory?"

http://www.dailypaul.com/124581/cancel-your-s...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#158976 Mar 27, 2014
Fox News is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Absolute BS you stupor little boy!

Bush worst jobs President since Hoover?

Now go suck the Faux.
Lie

#158977 Mar 27, 2014
BIG BLUE NATION.won't forget what?
I "forgot" what your point was?
Lemming

Bowling Green, KY

#158979 Mar 27, 2014
With all the free healthcare going around there's going to be plenty more money for people to stimulate the economy
Woman

Albany, KY

#158980 Mar 27, 2014
Exactly!

#158981 Mar 27, 2014
There is no FREE LUNCH, there is nor FREE HEALTH CARE!
There is no such thing as "Government Money", it's OUR money, taken by the taxes collected everywhere we turn and then redistributed by the United States Giverment! EIC is a great example, farm subsidies that pay farmers to NOT grow crops on fertile ground.

I can barely afford gas AND auto insurance...can I get paid to NOT DRIVE MY CAR?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#158983 Mar 27, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
There is no FREE LUNCH, there is nor FREE HEALTH CARE!
There is no such thing as "Government Money", it's OUR money, taken by the taxes collected everywhere we turn and then redistributed by the United States Giverment! EIC is a great example, farm subsidies that pay farmers to NOT grow crops on fertile ground.
I can barely afford gas AND auto insurance...can I get paid to NOT DRIVE MY CAR?
I wonder if I can get paid to not cut timber. lol

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#158984 Mar 27, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
lafraud cry-a-thon: 1year 141 days.

#158985 Mar 27, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text> I wonder if I can get paid to not cut timber. lol
Perhaps if you could start your own PAC and then talk to Mitch I doubt Rand would go for it.
Contributors do seem to get what they want in DC though.

“Hicksville Hootenanny”

Since: Sep 13

Kornfield Kounty

#158986 Mar 27, 2014
Sen. Mitch McConnell's latest campaign video hit all the necessary Kentucky high points: horse racing, bluegrass -- and Duke basketball?

The campaign scrambled Tuesday to remove an online video that featured a split-second clip of Duke basketball players celebrating their 2010 national championship.

WTF? Great oversight, mooch.....

LMAO.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#158987 Mar 27, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>
All you need do is check the dates from 2001 to 2009 for total employment.
Was that too difficult for you?
We are looking at the numbers in two different ways. Yes, Bush in 8 years had a gain from start to finish of 1.129 million jobs. However an example of what I refer to is:
A company in 2001 has 100 employees. They hire 400 more during the next 6 years. They now have 500 employees. But during their last two years in business they lay-off 300. They still had a gain of 100 employees during 8 years but they laid-off 300.
Same thing with Bush's 8 years. Yes there was a gain of 1.129 million but there also was a lost of 5.5 million throughout that same time period.
oblowholehasgott ogo

Cumberland, KY

#158988 Mar 27, 2014
this country will only get better when oblowhole and the surrendercraps are no longer in control, VOTE REPUBLICAN

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#158989 Mar 27, 2014
oblowholehasgottogo wrote:
this country will only get better when oblowhole and the surrendercraps are no longer in control, VOTE REPUBLICAN
You must be rich.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#158990 Mar 27, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>We are looking at the numbers in two different ways. Yes, Bush in 8 years had a gain from start to finish of 1.129 million jobs. However an example of what I refer to is:
A company in 2001 has 100 employees. They hire 400 more during the next 6 years. They now have 500 employees. But during their last two years in business they lay-off 300. They still had a gain of 100 employees during 8 years but they laid-off 300.
Same thing with Bush's 8 years. Yes there was a gain of 1.129 million but there also was a lost of 5.5 million throughout that same time period.
Sorry, the figures you should be looking at is employment data by month not individual companies. The BLS data is quite clear, it shows all working Americans.

#158991 Mar 27, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>We are looking at the numbers in two different ways. Yes, Bush in 8 years had a gain from start to finish of 1.129 million jobs. However an example of what I refer to is:
And wouldn't you say that no other President in the united States ever had to deal with the lasting effects of the single most devastating act of economic terrorism the world has ever known? Too many times I have seen this most significant factor go unmentioned by Liberals willing to throw Dubbya under the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center!
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#158993 Mar 27, 2014
conservative crapola wrote:
Sen. Mitch McConnell's latest campaign video hit all the necessary Kentucky high points: horse racing, bluegrass -- and Duke basketball?
The campaign scrambled Tuesday to remove an online video that featured a split-second clip of Duke basketball players celebrating their 2010 national championship.
WTF? Great oversight, mooch.....
LMAO.
Still lmao over that and then he turns around and violates NCAA rules by quickly replacing it with one of Julius Randle and got a nice cease and desist letter. hahaha What a dumbass.

University of Kentucky Sends Cease and Desist Letter to Mitch McConnell

The University of Kentucky has released a statement concerning Senator Mitch McConnell using footage of Julius Randle in an advertisement.

McConnell’s campaign replaced the Duke footage that was mistakenly put into an ad with the above Randle picture.

The University of Kentucky consulted with the NCAA earlier today regarding footage of Julius Randle in a Mitch McConnell advertisement. Although the use of the student-athlete’s image in the advertisement is not permissible, because it was done without the knowledge or permission of the university or the student-athlete, it is not an NCAA violation. The University of Kentucky has sent a cease and desist letter and will continue to take appropriate measures to ensure improper usage of a student-athlete’s name, image or likeness is prevented.

http://www.nationofblue.com/university-of-ken...

Bet he lost some die hard UK fans who are repukes vote. hahaha

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Commietator

Providence, KY

#158994 Mar 27, 2014
Adam 36 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, the figures you should be looking at is employment data by month not individual companies. The BLS data is quite clear, it shows all working Americans.
But it fails to show that to keep up with new people entering the work force there has to be a gain each month of at least 70k. Surely you can't say the 750000 per month weren't really losing there jobs in 2008/2009.
My example of the company showed how even with a net gain shown it didn't take into account the 5.5 million that lost their jobs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 hr Me 1,591
Job Corp 2 hr kat 13
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) 3 hr worried mother 271
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr Tollesboro Guy 81,601
Aimee's this & that 4 hr was 3
Central City, Family Dollar 5 hr branden 3
Cain Shuttleworth 5 hr uncle lee 9
Crntral City, Family Dollar 6 hr uncle lee 7
Break in 9 hr busted 9
•••