'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 182584 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

Since: Oct 09

Rooster Run, KY

#149388 Feb 13, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
It's fun to point out, not ONE republican would step up and post a republicans job bill they stand behind.
Just because its fun to point out how ignorant you TOOLS are.
You imbeciles are pathetic! Nuff said.:-D
I don't care you be who / what you want to be.

BTW, here is the bitch slap you requested...

H.R. 1582, Energy Consumers Relief Act of 2013
Because CBO says it will cost about 35 million from 2014 to 2018 and that investment (plus about 7 million per year to the DOE (for oversight and staffing reporting) will offset billions currently spent on EPA regulations which impact the economy in ways from fuel costs to costs of goods transported using those higher cost fuels. This legislation "contains no intergovernmental or private-sector mandates as defined in the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act and would impose no costs on state, local, or tribal governments."

http://www.speaker.gov/JOBS

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D... ::|/home/LegislativeData.php|

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D... :@@@D&summ2=m&|/home/L egislativeData.php|

http://cbo.gov/publication/44443/

Since: Oct 09

Rooster Run, KY

#149389 Feb 13, 2014
^^^^^^^No OUTSOURCING!^^^^

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#149398 Feb 14, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
A study supported by the National Association of Manufacturers found that of the many of EPA regulations proposed and finalized, the annual cost of complying with six key final or pending regulations—the Utility MACT, CSAPR, Boiler MACT, Coal Combustion Residuals, Cooling Water Intake Structures, and Ozone NAAQS rules—is estimated to reach as much as $111 billion each year, with upfront costs of more than half a trillion dollars.[4] The same study projected that in a worst-case scenario, the six regulations could cut annual U.S. output by as much $630 billion and 4.2 percent of GDP, and result in the loss of more than 9 million jobs.[5]
Says it will save 9million jobs? 9 million jobs with coal?:-D
This is exactly what I mean when I call you people imbeciles. A jobs bill is to PRODUCE jobs. NOT going against the EPA on the false premise of saving jobs.
Again. No ONE new job from republicans.
Swing and a miss AGAIN!
I guess you still have issues with comprehension. I never mentioned anything about 'saving jobs'. CREATE jobs with no outsourcing.
Can't find one can you? Because it doesn't exist.
I've read through many of the so called jobs Bills from the Repubs and see the same thing. None can be shown to help create a job. No matter which Party it would come from I don't think anyone in America would be against doing something that actually might create a job.
Oh wait, I may be wrong:
Washington (CNN)-- Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.
The Senate Republicans shot down another piece of President Obamas $447 billion jobs bill, as a stalemated Congress goes through the motions of attempting legislation to spur economic growth largely as a mechanism to allow each party to blame the other for the failure to act.
The chamber failed to advance a measure to spend $50 billion on highway, rail, transit and airport improvements and another $10 billion as seed money for an infrastructure bank designed to spark private investment in construction. The vote was 51 to 49 in favor, but the measure needed 60 votes to proceed to a full debate.
Senate Republicans stopped the veterans jobs bill Wednesday by forcing a budget point of order vote.
The Veterans Jobs Corp Act would have created new job-training programs to help veterans find work in targeted fields such as national park conservation, historic preservation projects, police work and firefighting, among others.
Uncle Tab

United States

#149399 Feb 14, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>92 million out of work, workforce participation the lowest in 50 years, wise up.

Why are 92 million out of work? Did they all retire to a life of leisure because of Obamakare?
Just an all around ignorant statement.

During the closing months of the Bush days, we were losing 750,000 jobs a day, Obama and the democrats stopped that and have added 8.5 million.

As I've pointed out for months, republicans have no REAL jobs plan.

Some of the republicans here with lower IQs claim that a jobs bill that 'saves 9million jobs' is a jobs bill. And no, it's not. CREATING jobs is a jobs plan. And creating jobs in the United States FOR Americans is a jobs plan..... Educate yourself on this subject, otherwise you look like the rest of these republican idiots who are clueless.
Uncle Tab

United States

#149400 Feb 14, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>I've read through many of the so called jobs Bills from the Repubs and see the same thing. None can be shown to help create a job. No matter which Party it would come from I don't think anyone in America would be against doing something that actually might create a job.
Oh wait, I may be wrong:
Washington (CNN)-- Senate Republicans on Thursday blocked the No.1 item on the president's congressional "to-do-list," refusing to allow a vote on a bill that would give tax breaks for companies that "insource" jobs to the U.S. from overseas while eliminating tax deductions for companies that move jobs abroad.
The Senate Republicans shot down another piece of President Obama’s $447 billion jobs bill, as a stalemated Congress goes through the motions of attempting legislation to spur economic growth largely as a mechanism to allow each party to blame the other for the failure to act.
The chamber failed to advance a measure to spend $50 billion on highway, rail, transit and airport improvements and another $10 billion as seed money for an infrastructure bank designed to spark private investment in construction. The vote was 51 to 49 in favor, but the measure needed 60 votes to proceed to a full debate.
Senate Republicans stopped the veterans jobs bill Wednesday by forcing a budget point of order vote.
The Veterans Jobs Corp Act would have created new job-training programs to help veterans find work in targeted fields such as national park conservation, historic preservation projects, police work and firefighting, among others.
Exactly!!

And these imbeciles always cry about Obama and jobs, all the while, THEY are the job killers.

It just amazes me how ignorant the republican voter base is. It's just a damned shame they have to be so racist and bigoted and do such damage to our country because of their hate for one man.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#149401 Feb 14, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
92 million out of work, workforce participation the lowest in 50 years, wise up.
Why are 92 million out of work? Did they all retire to a life of leisure because of Obamakare?
WOW!!!! 92 million sounds really bad doesn't it? Wow 92 million out of work!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds bad until you see the truth in the numbers. Yes at a workforce participation of only 63% it is the lowest on record. But only by about 3%. Only about 2% less than the boom years of the 80's and 90's.
The numbers do not consider those that no longer are looking for work due to early retirement. How many do you know in their 50's that have retired from military, Law Enforcement, government jobs? I could probably name 20 people I know that are less than 65 retired. There are NOT 92 million Americans out on the street homeless.
Labor Rates:
1978 63.2 percent
1983 64 percent
1988 65.9 percent
1993 66.3 percent
1998 67.1 percent
2003 66.2 percent
2008 66 percent
2013 63 percent

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25375...
GOTP

Gardner, MA

#149402 Feb 14, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU still don't know what the Republican party stands for, because you rely on Lame Stream Media to spoon feed the misinformation you chew and swallow like good little sheeple.
It has nothing to do with media, you're correct, nobosy knows what Republicans stand for cause they don't "stand" for anything.

All that has to happen to change your minds and what you "stand" for is for Obama to embrace a Republican idea, suddenly it's kryptomite and represents tyranny and abuse of power and an unconstitutional infringement....

YET!

It was your favorite thing like minutes before Obama agreed with it.

It's been proven over and over and over again.

The NSA chew toy you have right now is all the proof anyone needs, you just f-ing loved it when Bush implemented it, remember "keeping Merica safe" from the Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrists! Never even a peep out of you till Obama took that same control, suddenly, he shoud be Impeached!
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#149403 Feb 14, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Just an all around ignorant statement.
During the closing months of the Bush days, we were losing 750,000 jobs a day, Obama and the democrats stopped that and have added 8.5 million.
Some of the republicans here with lower IQs claim that a jobs bill that 'saves 9million jobs' is a jobs bill. And no, it's not. CREATING jobs is a jobs plan. And creating jobs in the United States FOR Americans is a jobs plan..... Educate yourself on this subject, otherwise you look like the rest of these republican idiots who are clueless.
Good post Uncle Tab. Same with Injudgement's posts. You will never get those losers to admit that is a TRUE statement. They ARE clueless idiots.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#149404 Feb 14, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>Just an all around ignorant statement.

750,000 jobs a month, not a day. I never correct my typos, but this one was an important one to correct.
Uncle Tab

United States

#149405 Feb 14, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
<quoted text>WOW!!!! 92 million sounds really bad doesn't it? Wow 92 million out of work!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds bad until you see the truth in the numbers. Yes at a workforce participation of only 63% it is the lowest on record. But only by about 3%. Only about 2% less than the boom years of the 80's and 90's.
The numbers do not consider those that no longer are looking for work due to early retirement. How many do you know in their 50's that have retired from military, Law Enforcement, government jobs? I could probably name 20 people I know that are less than 65 retired. There are NOT 92 million Americans out on the street homeless.
Labor Rates:
1978 63.2 percent
1983 64 percent
1988 65.9 percent
1993 66.3 percent
1998 67.1 percent
2003 66.2 percent
2008 66 percent
2013 63 percent

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-25375...
They must all be at those secret FEMA Camps republicans talk about?

:-D
Fox News Is A Joke

Pikeville, KY

#149406 Feb 14, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with media, you're correct, nobosy knows what Republicans stand for cause they don't "stand" for anything.
All that has to happen to change your minds and what you "stand" for is for Obama to embrace a Republican idea, suddenly it's kryptomite and represents tyranny and abuse of power and an unconstitutional infringement....
YET!
The NSA chew toy you have right now is all the proof anyone needs, you just f-ing loved it when Bush implemented it, remember "keeping Merica safe" from the Terrrrrrrrrrrrrrists! Never even a peep out of you till Obama took that same control, suddenly, he shoud be Impeached!
Great Poat!!!!!!!
Uncle Tab

United States

#149407 Feb 14, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>It has nothing to do with media, you're correct, nobosy knows what Republicans stand for cause they don't "stand" for anything.

YET!

GREAT post, and the most perfect bullseye ever hit here. Dead on!!
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#149408 Feb 14, 2014
My first big laugh of the day....how ignorant are these voters in LA? Ignorant enough to vote for Jindal so why not a racist, bigoted duck caller? smh

Duck Dynasty Stupidity Strikes Again: Louisiana Voters Want Phil Robertson to Run for Senate

I think Ive been pretty clear on my feelings about the comments Phil Robertson made a couple of months back during an interview with GQ concerning homosexuality. I found them extremely ignorant and quite frankly disgusting. But Ill avoid rehashing the debate about freedom of speech concerning Robertsons comments and A&Es suspension.(Though I believe the suspension lasted all of about 6 days, so in the end it didnt really amount to anything.)

But now it appears Louisiana voters would like to see Phil Robertson elected to the United States Senate.

No, seriously, they do.

This poll found that incumbent Democrat Mary Landrieu only had a 1-point lead over her Republican challenger Bill Cassidy.

Yet in a hypothetical matchup with Duck Dynastys Phil Robertson, Landrieu trailed by 4 points.

Granted, it was just a hypothetical matchup that I would normally dismiss, except I cant forget about the poll I wrote about a few months back that showed one-third of Louisiana conservatives blamed President Obama for the response to Hurricane Katrina even though Katrina happened more than 3 years before he ever became president.

So when I see that kind of stupidity, its hard for me to give them the benefit of the doubt on much of anything.

But I think this shows the mentality of the average conservative voter, especially in the South. It also kind of validates my belief (because Ive had several conservatives say it to me) that many conservative voters dont care about economic issues, they mainly care about social ones.

To them, preventing women from having an abortion and gays from getting married are the issues they care about. Like I said, Ive honestly had conservative voters tell me that they dont agree with the economic policies of the Republican party, but opposing gay marriage and abortion mattered more.

And the sad thing is, I really dont doubt that if Phil Robertson ran for Senate, he would stand a good chance at winning based off nothing more than his biblical beliefs.

Now, is this poll skewed a bit because Robertson isnt running? Possibly. Its easy to say that youd vote for him (a popular reality TV star) over someone else because hes not a real candidate. And I could almost guarantee if he did run he would undoubtedly say other radical beliefs which would probably alienate many voters as they learned more about him.

That being said, it appears comparing homosexuality to bestiality and homosexuals to terrorists is just fine by many Louisiana voters.

Oh, and lets not forget he also said African-Americans had it better before the civil rights movement.

But like I said, it really shouldnt surprise anyone all that much. After all, when one-third of conservative voters in Louisiana polled blamed President Obama for the response to a natural disaster that happened three years before he ever become president youre clearly dealing with people who are politically inept

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/duck-dynas...

Last paragraph says it all. Bunch of dumbasses.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#149409 Feb 14, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>Good post Uncle Tab. Same with Injudgement's posts. You will never get those losers to admit that is a TRUE statement. They ARE clueless idiots.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
They're not smart enough. Just racist bigots who hate a person because of skin color.

CPAC is the real republican thoughts out for everyone to see and hear. And it's coming!
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#149410 Feb 14, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
YET!
Totally agree. Great post. I enjoy reading them all.

You may be a fauxbox pundit or Partisan Hack:

Hannity under Bush"
"Our techniques are working. We've got the NSA Program here, we've got the Patriot Act program here. You know...it's staggering to me that we ae even debating the use of these techniques in country even at this time."

Hannity under Obama:
"Big Brother is monitoring your every mobe, whether it be online or on the telephone"
"These actions by the Obama Administration are clear, very clear violation of the Fourth Ammendment.'

Total hypocrites.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#149411 Feb 14, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
My first big laugh of the day....how ignorant are these voters in LA? Ignorant enough to vote for Jindal so why not a racist, bigoted duck caller? smh

Duck Dynasty Stupidity Strikes Again: Louisiana Voters Want Phil Robertson to Run for Senate

I think I’ve been pretty clear on my feelings about the comments Phil Robertson made a couple of months back during an interview with GQ concerning homosexuality. I found them extremely ignorant and quite frankly disgusting. But I’ll avoid rehashing the debate about “freedom of speech” concerning Robertson’s comments and A&E’s suspension.(Though I believe the “suspension” lasted all of about 6 days, so in the end it didn’t really amount to anything.)

But now it appears Louisiana voters would like to see Phil Robertson elected to the United States Senate.

No, seriously, they do.

This poll found that incumbent Democrat Mary Landrieu only had a 1-point lead over her Republican challenger Bill Cassidy.

Yet in a hypothetical matchup with Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson, Landrieu trailed by 4 points.

Granted, it was just a hypothetical matchup that I would normally dismiss, except I can’t forget about the poll I wrote about a few months back that showed one-third of Louisiana conservatives blamed President Obama for the response to Hurricane Katrina – even though Katrina happened more than 3 years before he ever became president.

So when I see that kind of stupidity, it’s hard for me to give them the benefit of the doubt on much of anything.

But I think this shows the mentality of the average conservative voter, especially in the South. It also kind of validates my belief (because I’ve had several conservatives say it to me) that many conservative voters don’t care about economic issues, they mainly care about social ones.

To them, preventing women from having an abortion and gays from getting married are the issues they care about. Like I said, I’ve honestly had conservative voters tell me that they don’t agree with the economic policies of the Republican party, but opposing gay marriage and abortion mattered more.

And the sad thing is, I really don’t doubt that if Phil Robertson ran for Senate, he would stand a good chance at winning based off nothing more than his “biblical beliefs.”

Now, is this poll skewed a bit because Robertson isn’t running? Possibly. It’s easy to say that you’d vote for him (a popular reality TV star) over someone else because he’s not a real candidate. And I could almost guarantee if he did run he would undoubtedly say other radical beliefs which would probably alienate many voters as they learned more about him.

That being said, it appears comparing homosexuality to bestiality and homosexuals to terrorists is just fine by many Louisiana voters.

Oh, and let’s not forget he also said African-Americans had it better before the civil rights movement.

But like I said, it really shouldn’t surprise anyone all that much. After all, when one-third of conservative voters in Louisiana polled blamed President Obama for the response to a natural disaster that happened three years before he ever become president – you’re clearly dealing with people who are politically inept

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/duck-dynas...

Last paragraph says it all. Bunch of dumbasses.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
As both you and I have always said, the republican voting base is STUPID! Plain and simply stupid.

And we see that same stupidity here on a daily basis. And the racist bigots here are the same as the racist bigots in LA, Worthless!
Uncle Tab

United States

#149412 Feb 14, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>Totally agree. Great post. I enjoy reading them all.

Hannity under Bush"
"Our techniques are working. We've got the NSA Program here, we've got the Patriot Act program here. You know...it's staggering to me that we ae even debating the use of these techniques in country even at this time."

Hannity under Obama:
"Big Brother is monitoring your every mobe, whether it be online or on the telephone"
"These actions by the Obama Administration are clear, very clear violation of the Fourth Ammendment.'

Total hypocrites.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
This is the exact reason I laugh at all these imbeciles whenever they use a Fox or Newsmax link.

I would ask how stupid do they have to be to not understand?

But it's obvious why they're so stupid.... Republican Sheeple are stupid by choice. They're too lazy to do any meaningful research.
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#149413 Feb 14, 2014
correction....since the internet professor loves to point them out. hahaha

Hannity under Bush"

Hannity under Obama:
"Big Brother is monitoring your every move, whether it be online or on the telephone"
"These actions by the Obama Administration are clear, very clear violation of the Fourth Amendment.'

Total hypocrites.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Fact

Madison, TN

#149414 Feb 14, 2014
6 years after a campaign promise to bring the troops home, they are still in Afghanistan.
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#149415 Feb 14, 2014
All this blather about jobs, but you must admit, there are very few jobs for our graduating seniors and just graduated college students. Some of the engineering grads have found jobs beneath the income level to which should have been expected. Others are doing whatever job can be found, regardless of salary and position .Yes, there are jobs out there, yes, they do get interviews, and yes, older people are getting the jobs .The older were not employed but have a background of work and training --times are hard on the young and the old,-the middle age is improving . Not the middle class.

For you that like to insinuate the Repubs are the racists, better look into your own background and Party.

Which Party has always done better for all races? Not the Democratic Party , and you know it, maybe that is why you call others out.

Now that we are a mixed family, and now that we all live in harmony must make you racists feel small?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike vaught 5 hr he is a friend of... 4
How would you interpret thid 12 hr LYC 10
Graham Couple Shot (Oct '13) 14 hr julie 33
Tommy Barton (May '14) 17 hr Your out 27
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) 17 hr Teacher 603
Felicia ford May 23 juzsayin 2
Need a good plumber!!!! May 23 Anonymous 13
More from around the web

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE