'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 287993 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

GOTP

Fitchburg, MA

#149432 Feb 14, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
GOP Hypocrites Interfere With Private Business to Keep Union Out of Tennessee VW Plant
There is a concerted effort by Republicans in Tennessee to invoke a Civil War mindset to marshal opposition to a vote this week on union representation at a Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga. Long before the vote this week, Grover Norquist put up billboards claiming the vote is a vote for Barack Obama, and one wonders why the anti-government crusader opposes the idea of combining traditional American collective bargaining with European-style “works councils” that will be the first of its kind in America. Opponents of the unionization vote put out a call to Tennessee rebels to thwart the “union advance” like the Confederate army in a Civil War battle. Republicans, Norquist, and poverty wage proponents are espousing a plantation mentality that workers voting for decent wages and working conditions are tantamount to uppity slaves standing up to plantation owners. That is the mindset of southern Republicans invoking the Civil War where the Confederate army withstood an attack by “Northern Union invaders.” Volkswagen has not mounted any opposition to the vote for union representation and has left the decision in the hands of their American employees.
If Republicans, including Senator Bob Corker (R-TN) who said that a move by Volkswagen “to invite the UAW in is almost beyond belief” and asserted that Volkswagen would become “a laughingstock in many ways if they inflict this wound” hate unionization they should explain why. Americans understand Republicans hate unions because they oppose good wages and safe working conditions, and yet they never have the gall to say it in public. Instead they claim a vote for union representation is a vote for President Obama and appeal to Confederate sympathies to oppose “union invaders from the North.”
Most Americans look at the Civil War with sadness and shame that a group of southerners hated America to such an extent they attempted to tear the nation apart to keep other human beings working for free under brutal conditions. Americans get it; many southerners are still enraged the Confederacy was prevented from ripping America apart, and although it is a part of American history it is something decent people are not proud of and are sick to death of hearing how wonderful the Confederacy or the Civil War was. If Republicans and fascists like Grover Norquist hate unions, that is their prerogative, but keep the Confederacy out of it because most Americans understand that it is not unions conservative fascists hate, it is America and its workforce.
Read entire article:
http://www.politicususa.com/2014/02/13/republ...
GOP = themselves, BIG CORPS/PHARMA, and $$$$$$$
DEMS = PEOPLE
RIP GOP
DITCH MITCH
Right on CON, everyone is for this union going into the VW plant, the workers, the union, the company for christs sake is all for it, who's not and trying to block it form happening, Senators and Representatives!!!

Just simply mind boggling that they would do this outright!!

Great post again CON, even an idiot can see the race to the bottom desires of Senator Corckbrains, astonishing.

Government intrusion AGAINST workers rights and benefits!! Talk about a Gubment take over!

“ Trumpanzees...”

Since: Apr 13

..a basket of deplorables

#149433 Feb 14, 2014
...and what is the GOP doing about the 46 million republicans out of work?
Nothing, that's what.
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#149434 Feb 14, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no they say, not us, it's reverse racism, then they post this...
"Joe mama
United States"
Tis exactly as you've said RCON, exactly!!
That's what they do best....prove what racist and bigots they are on a daily basis.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#149435 Feb 14, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
CONtinued:

“Together, Volkswagen Group of America and the UAW will set a new standard in the US for innovative labor management relations that benefits the company, the entire workforce, shareholders and the community in general,” says the UAW, which is gambling on a new approach that—while it involves the controversial surrender of some union power over work rules and related issues—could revolutionize labor relations in Southern “right-to-work” states” and perhaps nationally.

“Volkswagen and UAW are working to redefine American labor-management relations for the better by creating a ‘works council’ at the Chattanooga plant…,” notes Congressman Steve Cohen, a Tennessee Democrat.“It would be revolutionary for the manufacturing industry, fostering more collaboration between management and workers on everything from plant rules to working hours and leave policies.”

“Everyone involved—Tennessee, Volkswagen and our citizens—would benefit,” says Cohen.
But that does not mean everyone is for it. As the congressman notes,“deep-pocketed, Washington-based special interest groups have stepped in… to discourage workers at the VW plant from joining the UAW, even though Volkswagen itself is not opposing unionization.”
Anti-labor groups such as the Grover Norquist–tied Center for Worker Freedom, and the “National Right to Work Legal Defense Foundation,” a favorite of billionaire donors Charles and David Koch, have been working hard to block unionization of the Chattanooga plant, which is a necessary first step to establishing the works council. The anti-union forces have got powerful allies, including Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam and Tennessee Senator Bob Corker, Republican politicians who have long embraced the race-to-the-bottom policies favored by wealthy campaign donors. Corker has been blunt about the appeal of giving workers a voice in the direction of their workplaces. Indeed, he admits that if workers in Chattanooga embrace the union and works council approach,“then its BMW, then its Mercedes, then it’s Nissan, hurting the entire Southeast if they get the momentum.”

On the eve of the vote, key Republican legislators suggested unionization of the plant could threaten future state subsidies for the Volkswagen plant.

Please support our journalism. Get a digital subscription for just $9.50!

The notion that respecting workers, and getting their input on how to run factories, would hurt “the entire Southeast” is classic race-to-the-bottom thinking. Corker and his compatriots are suggesting that Southern states need to limit the rights of workers in order to compete. But that sort of “competition” has depressed wages in the South and nationally, undermining the middle class and, as Congressman Cohen notes, widening “the opportunity gap between hardworking Americans and the CEOs.”

http://www.thenation.com/blog/178374/uaw-and-... #

You may be a republiCON:

If the only union you support is the Major League Baseball players, because heck, they're richer than you.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
It's amazing to me how they try their best to do everything possible to hold down the working men and women if our country.

And VW and the employee council and the union are all in agreement...... But these republicans who always say there is too much government involvement.... Is getting involved?

Republican reasoning makes my head hurt.

Hope it goes thru and I know it will work. That's why republicans are against it. Anything to hold the worker down and give big business more.
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#149436 Feb 14, 2014
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans fault, That's why their approval rating is 8%. 0.2% among the 92 million out of work.

Hey Calvin, out of school or did they cancel. I have to leave shortly to go to my niece's house and get her daughter off the bus. They are releasing an hour early. I am so sick of this snow even though I don't have to go out in everyday to work or school. So ready for Spring.

Happy Valentine's Day. Hope you got some sweets.

My thoughtful son brought me a card and big BLUE heart of candy before he went to work this morning. I did raise a wonderful and thoughtful son. Hope you got your mom something.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#149437 Feb 14, 2014
Injudgement wrote:
Here's a tidbit of Obama promises that has never been done. His promise to close Guantanamo. Why has he never done this??????
Turns out only Congress can approve the closure of any military base. So the Repub Congress in 2011 made a new Law that Guantanamo prisoners can be released - BUT-- not to the US or any other nation. hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!
LMAO!!

Republican legislation at its best.

Stupid, elected republicans to the repub voting base. Top to bottom ignorance.

Be proud repub voting base..... This is why you're laughed at all over the world.
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#149438 Feb 14, 2014
GOTP wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on CON, everyone is for this union going into the VW plant, the workers, the union, the company for christs sake is all for it, who's not and trying to block it form happening, Senators and Representatives!!!
Just simply mind boggling that they would do this outright!!
Great post again CON, even an idiot can see the race to the bottom desires of Senator Corckbrains, astonishing.
Government intrusion AGAINST workers rights and benefits!! Talk about a Gubment take over!
I totally agree. I have a UNION negotiated retirement package and have backed Unions all my life. Those repukes don't want Unions in the workplace being watchdogs for gov't regulations, fair wages, safe working conditions, no discrimination, etc....all the things they avoid when moving their companies overseas. Plus they usually back the DEMS because they care about people which the CONS know so well. They want control and are in denial to say otherwise. That's why they are the MINORITY at the polls.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Vine Grove, KY

#149439 Feb 14, 2014
Hey Uncle Tab.

You are right about those Unions and CONS. We know. Unions built this country despite the repukes wanting the workers to have low wages, long hours, and NO RIGHTS.

Have fun with the sock puppets ...I am off to my niece's.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Uncle Tab

United States

#149440 Feb 14, 2014
republiCONS wrote:
Hey Uncle Tab.

You are right about those Unions and CONS. We know. Unions built this country despite the repukes wanting the workers to have low wages, long hours, and NO RIGHTS.

Have fun with the sock puppets ...I am off to my niece's.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
Republicans can't handle union labor. Too much work for them. They constantly tell lies about how horrible it is to work in a union environment, but if it was that bad, the republican business owners wouldn't have to spend millions and millions of dollars to stop a union shop or to bust a union shop. If it was so terrible, no one would want to work in a union shop.

Again..... Republican logic at its best. The weak minded buy into it. But they're satisfied working for MINIMUM wage while business owners rake in all of that tax free income.

Republican voter base are used for being so ignorant to the facts.
why

Glasgow, KY

#149441 Feb 14, 2014
Why does it anger a liberal when you yell him the truth, and it angers a conservative when you tell him a lie ? just wondering. And also why do they all LIE

Since: Oct 09

.

#149442 Feb 14, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
A study supported by the National Association of Manufacturers found that of the many of EPA regulations proposed and finalized, the annual cost of complying with six key final or pending regulations—the Utility MACT, CSAPR, Boiler MACT, Coal Combustion Residuals, Cooling Water Intake Structures, and Ozone NAAQS rules—is estimated to reach as much as $111 billion each year, with upfront costs of more than half a trillion dollars.[4] The same study projected that in a worst-case scenario, the six regulations could cut annual U.S. output by as much $630 billion and 4.2 percent of GDP, and result in the loss of more than 9 million jobs.[5]
Says it will save 9million jobs? 9 million jobs with coal?:-D
This is exactly what I mean when I call you people imbeciles. A jobs bill is to PRODUCE jobs. NOT going against the EPA on the false premise of saving jobs.
Again. No ONE new job from republicans.
Swing and a miss AGAIN!
I guess you still have issues with comprehension. I never mentioned anything about 'saving jobs'. CREATE jobs with no outsourcing.
Can't find one can you? Because it doesn't exist.
The in text citations gave your cut and paste away, that and the fact that your "plagiarized summary" does not agree with your very brief and misguided interpretation.
Your mental illness in manifesting again.

That bill creates jobs by creating oversight agencies and offices need people to "STAFF" them hence "STAFFING"is LISTED within the JOBS BILL!
Cut and Paste plagiarist!

HUYA is NOT a strategy, it's your modus operandi!
I say that because your IGNORANCE is almost CRIMINAL!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#149443 Feb 14, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>
NEVER posted a porn site. Tired of your lies!
I agree, I am tired of those lies too.

Since: Oct 09

.

#149444 Feb 14, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, I am tired of those lies too.
I understand mod's are supposed to be impartial, yet impartial does not mean they should allow "anything goes"! Altering posts within the response box, making false allegations to get posts removed. Is there nothing that will get them banned?
Impartial does not mean complicit!

I made a good argument to get my post's restored and they listened.

I suppose given enough time; and enough rope, they will hang themself!

Since: Oct 09

.

#149445 Feb 14, 2014
Unions were not always bad...
Unions did bring about the 40 hour work week, and that meant a chance at overtime pay (another thing we can thank them for). A union is much like our Republic...you get the representation you deserve.
Unions like our Republic, have become corrupt because of the leadership they have chosen by making uniformed decisions and decisions based on misinformation from the Liberal / Progressive front line aka Lame Stream Media!
Uncle Tab

United States

#149446 Feb 14, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>The in text citations gave your cut and paste away, that and the fact that your "plagiarized summary" does not agree with your very brief and misguided interpretation.
Your mental illness in manifesting again.

That bill creates jobs by creating oversight agencies and offices need people to "STAFF" them hence "STAFFING"is LISTED within the JOBS BILL!
Cut and Paste plagiarist!

HUYA is NOT a strategy, it's your modus operandi!
I say that because your IGNORANCE is almost CRIMINAL!
Was word for word from that site. Not one word was changed or used as my own. Yet another lie from you. We're used to that now.

And the word 'could' has a big meaning in the post YOU gave.

'Could' isn't 'will'.

Lose again. Sorry little fella!

And staffing? More government jobs? Aren't you drones against more government spending?

Try to think these things thru before making an imbecile of yourself old man. You won't look like such an uninformed low IQ voter.

Staffing to make sure workers satefy and the environment doesn't get in the way of big business running wild with no regulation.

Wow! What a 'jobs' plan

smh
Uncle Tab

United States

#149447 Feb 14, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>The in text citations gave your cut and paste away, that and the fact that your "plagiarized summary" does not agree with your very brief and misguided interpretation.
Your mental illness in manifesting again.

That bill creates jobs by creating oversight agencies and offices need people to "STAFF" them hence "STAFFING"is LISTED within the JOBS BILL!
Cut and Paste plagiarist!

HUYA is NOT a strategy, it's your modus operandi!
I say that because your IGNORANCE is almost CRIMINAL!
Like some salt and pepper with those words you're about to chew?

http://www.gop.gov/bill/113/1/hr1582

Those EXACT words from a GOP site.

I figured you wouldn't research it.

You mentioned mental illness?

bahahahahahahahahaha

stfu and start chewing imbecile. And read a book you ignorant fuck!:-D

You are a special kind of stupid.

Www.dictionary.com look up the word 'research' and try using that word every once in a while. I won't make you look so ignorant every day here that way.
Uncle Tab

United States

#149448 Feb 14, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, I am tired of those lies too.
And we democrats are Ok with these two's relationship.

They seem so close to each other and jump on each others posts. There's probably lots more to the story I'm sure.

Since: Oct 09

.

#149449 Feb 14, 2014
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
Was word for word from that site. Not one word was changed or used as my own. Yet another lie from you. We're used to that now.
And the word 'could' has a big meaning in the post YOU gave.
'Could' isn't 'will'.
Lose again. Sorry little fella!
And staffing? More government jobs? Aren't you drones against more government spending?
Try to think these things thru before making an imbecile of yourself old man. You won't look like such an uninformed low IQ voter.
Staffing to make sure workers satefy and the environment doesn't get in the way of big business running wild with no regulation.
Wow! What a 'jobs' plan
smh
Then you educational neglect is even more apparent!
You fully admit to all that "PAGIARISM" word for word, not sa single word was your own?
Where the hell is the reference link?
In an academic setting it is required that you post "in text citations" and references if you copy 10 words or more!

Here this "might" help you if you "click on it".

http://www.princeton.edu/pr/pub/integrity/pag...

Literary Studies (MLA)

Psychology (APA)

History (CMS)

"Any time you quote, paraphrase, summarize, or reference a source, you must cite that source in a parenthetical note or a footnote and append a bibliography, which, depending on the discipline, may be called “Works Cited” or “References.” "

http://www.princeton.edu/pr/pub/integrity/pag...

But then again INTEGRITY is something you lack.
INTEGRITY is a concept beyond your grasp.. you can has cheeseburger, but you can't has INTEGRITY!

Cats should not taunt dogs!
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/578867968/h3008A...
Uncle Tab

United States

#149450 Feb 14, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
<quoted text>I understand mod's are supposed to be impartial, yet impartial does not mean they should allow "anything goes"! Altering posts within the response box, making false allegations to get posts removed. Is there nothing that will get them banned?
Impartial does not mean complicit!

I made a good argument to get my post's restored and they listened.

I suppose given enough time; and enough rope, they will hang themself!
Again.... Do some research dumbass!

That came from a GOP website [email protected] imbeciles!:-D

Orrrrr...... You really don't agree with what the GOP says?? Which is it?:-D
Uncle Tab

United States

#149451 Feb 14, 2014
Ari son of Anarchy wrote:
Unions were not always bad...
Unions did bring about the 40 hour work week, and that meant a chance at overtime pay (another thing we can thank them for). A union is much like our Republic...you get the representation you deserve.
Unions like our Republic, have become corrupt because of the leadership they have chosen by making uniformed decisions and decisions based on misinformation from the Liberal / Progressive front line aka Lame Stream Media!
Blah blah blah

You can't handle working in a union shop. And unions built this country. End of discussion!

Union corruption holds as much validity as you assclowns calling voter fraud every time your ignorant asses lose an election. Union shops are great for our country, but not great for big business, they want ALL the money.

Corporate Greed is what's bad for unions. Nothing else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the new peg and kelly bundy 3 hr Lesa 5
how to get away with not paying child support. (Sep '10) 4 hr Mustangdrifter50 139
The Look 7 hr FYI 8
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 22 hr WhoLetTheDogOut 1,038
Payton Getchell Tue Clearly 15
Monk sorrels Tue Solo 7
lori west or Aug 21 Cray Cray 2

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages