'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Se...

'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 243457 comments on the thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story from Oct 1, 2010, titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#138506 Dec 8, 2013
Republican Party Is Destroying America

Harsh words, yes. But inescapably true. It’s a bit of a murder-suicide. House Republicans’ willingness to lay waste to the country to satisfy their fringiest faction will ultimately guarantee the GOP irrelevancy as a national party, unless they change their ways. In the meantime, they seem determined to take us all down with them.

There isn’t even a feint toward decency. In what has become a recurring nightmare, House Republicans are using budget negotiations to play chicken with the stability of the American economy. This time, they want President Obama to agree to defund his signature achievement, the Affordable Care Act. If he refuses to strangle his own baby in the crib, Republicans are happy to retaliate. They’ll shut down the government. These are not people with whom one can work.

Last year, Norm Ornstein of the American Enterprise Institute and Thomas Mann of Brookings wrote a book about this dysfunction known as the new Republican Party. It’s Even Worse Than It Looks: How the American Constitutional System Collided With the New Politics of Extremism makes a compelling case that the problems in Washington are not the result of “both sides”—the oft-preferred media frame—but of a GOP that has become all but unrecognizable to most Americans.

Said Ornstein:“The bizarreness of this monomaniacal focus on Obamacare, given that it is fundamentally a Republican program from the 1990s mixed in with Romneycare,” says it all.“Obamacare relies on the private sector; there is no public option. That you are willing to bring the country to its knees to sabotage it … just shows this is a party that has gone off the rails.”

Just how damaging have the congressional Republicans been to the country?“If you look at what could have happened in a reasonable political system, with give and take … we would have been on a more robust path to growth,” said Ornstein.“We’ve gone from one credit agency downgrading us to a far greater likelihood that we will default. If sequester continues … it is a cancer eating away at national parks, food safety, basic research … it’s a terrible situation. No matter how much [Republicans] talk about how it was Obama’s idea … the whole idea was to create such awful consequences that no sane person would accept it. But these aren’t sane people.”

GOP stalwarts have framed criticisms of the party as attempts to make it more liberal. That is self-serving denial. The legitimate complaint about the new Republican Party, one you will hear frequently even from Republicans speaking privately, is that it is intransigent and beholden to its most radical elements. Having principles is fine. Imposing them on everyone else through destructive maneuvering that keeps the country constantly on edge is not.

‘There is one party that has lost its way and is being dominated by people who by historical standards are on the fringe.’

“You have to accept the legitimacy of the other side,” said Mann. Today’s GOP, which exists to oppose all things Obama, does not.

“One of the things we don’t want to see is the demise of the Republican Party,” he said.“We aren’t looking for a GOP that becomes a center left or even a party that is right in the center. It’s always going to be a conservative party. We tried to make the point in the book that you can be very conservative in your policy views and want to solve problems. Or you can be revolutionary and want to get bloodshed.”

Both men agree that the GOP will likely get worse before it gets better. How is that possible, you ask? Looks like we are about to find out.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/2013/09/19/r...

I am sure they are plotting for the next shutdown. They just don't know when to quit. They will learn in 2014/2016. bye, bye teabagger CONS

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
American Lady

Danville, KY

#138507 Dec 8, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>that's what questions are for you crazy bitch
One day SOON ...
you WILL LEARN

Sometimes ya just
DO NOT
ask 'some' questions ...

tho 'idiocy'
DOES that ...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#138510 Dec 8, 2013
I see some MODS
or
'someone'
is
SKEERED ...

They won't LET my posts 'stick'...
ROTFL

Okemos, MI

#138511 Dec 8, 2013
“I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will execute the office of president of the United States faithfully, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the constitution of the United States.

we are only “five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America”

“ Trumpanzees...”

Since: Apr 13

..a basket of deplorables

#138512 Dec 8, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
One day SOON ...
you WILL LEARN
Sometimes ya just
DO NOT
ask 'some' questions ...
tho 'idiocy'
DOES that ...
I'm not complicit in your plot,(w)itch, but I won't keep quiet when I read one of your threats. No one on this forum intimidates me. I think I've made that clear.
I know you're not smart enough to pull it off, but I think you're crazy enough to try.

“ Trumpanzees...”

#138513 Dec 8, 2013
American Lady wrote:
I see some MODS
or
'someone'
is
SKEERED ...
They won't LET my posts 'stick'...
black helicopters circling again, Lisa?
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#138514 Dec 8, 2013
republiCONS wrote:
<quoted text>OBAMACARE is better than GOPnoCARE.
Really? lol Obamacare has turned out to be no care for millions and millions of Americans who had healthcare insurance before Obamacare and now that Obamacare is the LAW...they have none. Bat-shit crazy lady...you need to come up with a plan B for your posts. You are failing worse than your messiah (if that is even possible lol)with your crazy creative math and your many excuses. LMMFAO

Don't stop now. ROTFL keeps spanking your bat-shit crazy ass every night and you are entertaining us again. I told you that repugnantCON was much funnier than your ILIH personality, didn't I? lol
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#138515 Dec 8, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not complicit in your plot,(w)itch, but I won't keep quiet when I read one of your threats. No one on this forum intimidates me. I think I've made that clear.
I know you're not smart enough to pull it off, but I think you're crazy enough to try.
If you keep repeating your nonsense sooner or later someone just might believe you, uncle flabby ass scooter gnat. Maybe bat-shit crazy lady will help you out by judging it! LMAO

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#138516 Dec 8, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text> black helicopters circling again, Lisa?
They should be.

Location hidden

#138517 Dec 8, 2013
"Dear friend, if ever you need me just whistle...I'll be there.
I'm leaving for a while "no man is an island", I'll just read posts for a while." -Aristocles Son of Ariston!

hahahahahaaaaaa. lol. ohhh.. haha.

..chuckle.

Location hidden

#138518 Dec 8, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
If you keep repeating your nonsense sooner or later someone just might believe you, uncle flabby ass scooter gnat. Maybe bat-shit crazy lady will help you out by judging it! LMAO
Bat shit crazy lady is AL.

Did you not get the memo? We sent it 46 times.
wtf

Glasgow, KY

#138519 Dec 8, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
They should be.
Well surprise, surprise...nobody hears from your lazy slug ass until I tell repugnantCON that her repugnantCON personality is more entertaining than her ILIH personality. Then poof, like magic, a comment from you. But we didn't notice. Shhh! LMMFAO

“ Trumpanzees...”

#138520 Dec 8, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
how was PedAnon class?

Location hidden

#138521 Dec 8, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? lol Obamacare has turned out to be no care for millions and millions of Americans who had healthcare insurance before Obamacare and now that Obamacare is the LAW...they have none. Bat-shit crazy lady...you need to come up with a plan B for your posts. You are failing worse than your messiah (if that is even possible lol)with your crazy creative math and your many excuses. LMMFAO
Don't stop now. ROTFL keeps spanking your bat-shit crazy ass every night and you are entertaining us again. I told you that repugnantCON was much funnier than your ILIH personality, didn't I? lol
You love ILIH.

“ Trumpanzees...”

#138522 Dec 8, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
<quoted text>
They should be.
Hola, Love

“ Trumpanzees...”

#138523 Dec 8, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, Lisa doesn't like me unless I'm naked, or covered in pork rind grease

Location hidden

#138524 Dec 8, 2013
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>
Well surprise, surprise...nobody hears from your lazy slug ass until I tell repugnantCON that her repugnantCON personality is more entertaining than her ILIH personality. Then poof, like magic, a comment from you. But we didn't notice. Shhh! LMMFAO
Holy crap. That is SO crazy right? Poof, like magic.

Location hidden

#138525 Dec 8, 2013
Calvin_Coolish wrote:
<quoted text>
Hola, Love
Hola C.
A word of advice, don't ask any questions that you don't know the answer to. K? k.
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#138526 Dec 8, 2013
We don't play your circus clown sock game freak. gfy

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH
republiCONS

Elizabethtown, KY

#138527 Dec 8, 2013
ILoveitHere wrote:
"Dear friend, if ever you need me just whistle...I'll be there.
I'm leaving for a while "no man is an island", I'll just read posts for a while." -Aristocles Son of Ariston!
hahahahahaaaaaa. lol. ohhh.. haha.
..chuckle.
Hi ILIH, I got a big laugh out of arisock stroking the LISA loon too. PRICELESS

Hope you had a great weekend. Nice and wintry in my corner of Kentucky. Great lazy day staying warm.

RIP GOP

DITCH MITCH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Auto and truck repair 2 hr I know 4
dawn hensley tacky photo (Feb '16) 9 hr cassidy 50
camper fire Sat just a girl 6
Mitch Latham Cowardboy Sat Yoyo 1
Clowns Sep 23 really? 11
Whitney Hensley (Oct '10) Sep 23 Misty Rae 24
Anyone know Jackie Hafley? Sep 22 Brit21 5

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance