'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

There are 20 comments on the Oct 1, 2010, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com story titled 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate. In it, thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com reports that:

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com.

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#120402 Sep 1, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record; do you even know which party controlled The House and Senate when the economy tanked? How can the POTUS be responsible for the national economy if Dems were in control?
Now that GOP controls the House (You call them "party of NO") you blame them for anything the POTUS cannot get passed. Isn't that the opposite circumstance by your own standard?
Is it your contention that G.W. Bush is to blame for every mistake Democrats make?
No I blame him for his mistakes, just like I hold Obama to blame for his.
Who asked for the war on Iraq (yes I hold the dems who voted based on his lies partly to blame)? Who decided to quit pursuing Osama Bin Ladin just when we had him cornered? Who decided to hand out checks when we had a surplus? Who picked a buddy to run FEMA ( that failed New Orleans ) instead of someone qualified to run the agency? Who was in charge of increasing federal spending more than any president since Carter? Who decided to spend more time on vacation than any president since Hoover (1020 days)? LOL He took even more time than FDR (958 days) who was in office 12 years!
I hold accountable those responsible regardless of party.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#120403 Sep 1, 2013
The COLA is based on the increase in cost of living.

Now since all my friends have received letters from their insurance companies that the premium cost will increase some $200 per year, next year , because of Obama Care,( the increased number of people with pre-existing conditions and the children remaining on the policy til age 26.)Will the COLA be increased?

It also estimated the number of uninsured people will remain basically the same number , but the illegals will be insured and the poor
can just simply not afford coverage, still!!

Why make any change???

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#120404 Sep 1, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I know for a fact, in Jan 12 Obama gave a 2% raise to Social Security recipiants! Then raised Medicare from $96.40 to $128.00 that is a fact, my mother and father got that screwing! W gave 4 raises, and the last the largest since 1973 and he did not raise Medicare 1 cent, I handled their finances and I damn sure know it to be true!
Opps forgot the government link in my last post.
I appologize.
http://www.hhs.gov/news/press/2011pres/10/201...

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#120405 Sep 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Nahhhh ... no point ...
you did for me.
:D
``````````
LMAO that is the most ignorant statement that I have read in years.
First off, NO TECH (except one that works for Topix) can delete posts.
Secondly why anyone in any school system even care what gets posted in Topix.
You think they sit up at night worrying about the half dozen or so from their district who might read a post?
Ha Ha that is special. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.
==========
WHO does 'this'*sound* like?
u know ...'tone'
~-~
Not sure exactly wtf you are talking about but uhmmmmm..........Happy to be of service :D

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#120406 Sep 1, 2013
whitehair wrote:
Now since all my friends have received letters from their insurance companies that the premium cost will increase some $200 per year, next year , because of Obama Care,( the increased number of people with pre-existing conditions and the children remaining on the policy til age 26.)Will the COLA be increased?
It also estimated the number of uninsured people will remain basically the same number , but the illegals will be insured and the poor
Why make any change???
Really? All your friends?
Funny. I don't know of a single person who has gotten such a letter. Sounds a little anecdotal.
Do you really think children during their prime years (who the vast majority of which are healthy) remaining on a policy increases it's cost? Do you really believe that additional cost of the small percentage of uninsured with preexisting conditions wont be offset by the vast numbers of new healthy people buying insurance? Do you not think healthcare costs in general will come down as people get more preventative care and the poor will no longer be forced to use the MOST expensive means of care (Hospital emergency rooms)?
Lastly how on earth can you say that insuring MILLIONS more people (even by the most conservative estimates) wont impact the number of uninsured?
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#120407 Sep 1, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
No I blame him for his mistakes, just like I hold Obama to blame for his.
Who asked for the war on Iraq (yes I hold the dems who voted based on his lies partly to blame)? Who decided to quit pursuing Osama Bin Ladin just when we had him cornered? Who decided to hand out checks when we had a surplus? Who picked a buddy to run FEMA ( that failed New Orleans ) instead of someone qualified to run the agency? Who was in charge of increasing federal spending more than any president since Carter? Who decided to spend more time on vacation than any president since Hoover (1020 days)? LOL He took even more time than FDR (958 days) who was in office 12 years!
I hold accountable those responsible regardless of party.
If you hold the one accountable, be truthful , do it correctly.

War in Iraq-every one and Country seemed to have the same info. The Democrats also voted for it.
BL was just one man. Nothing changed with his death.
FEMA was not the cause of New Orleans disaster. It was the cause of the Mayor and Governor not allowing FEMA to do their job. They(the mayor and governor were Democrats.)and they controlled the evacuation very badly.

Spending? Obama began with a $9 trillion debt. He expanded it to where it is now almost $18 trillion in 5 years. That is twice what Bush left him and us.
Vacations? Obama has spent more and taken more, non stop. When not vacationing, he is out stomping the Country with speeches. This costs plenty.
Time in office? Obama still has 3 1/2 years to go!!!

So , be honest.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#120408 Sep 1, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure exactly wt? you are talking about but uhmmmmm..........Happy to be of service :D
Quite Happy to oblige.

UNring this bell ...
:D

Newport Guy

Location hidden
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#112 17 hrs ago

LMAO that is the most ignorant statement that I have read in years.
First off, NO TECH (except one that works for Topix) can delete posts.
Secondly why anyone in any school system even care what gets posted in Topix.
You think they sit up at night worrying about the half dozen or so from their district who might read a post?
Ha Ha that is special. Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

Newport Guy

Location hidden
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#117 13 hrs ago

Hogwarts wrote:
<quoted text>
Doofus... Your post is not offensive to anyone. Not even Middy.

<quoted text>Aww so now there are criteria? My post must be "offensive" in order for it to be removed?
Are you referring to reporting a post to Topix? LMAO That is hardly worth employing a tech!
Even really "offensive" posts rarely get removed by Topix let alone posts that just contain some kind of information that someone doesn't want out.
There is an old saying that applies here:

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"

Try and follow the advice :)

Big Stick
Florence, KY
ST*U

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/newport-ky/T2...

TRY "using" some of YOUR OWN -advice-
;~)

^
^
^
There is an old saying that applies here:

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"

Try and follow the advice :)

==========

Going back OUT in the 'shade'...
After a Bible quote.

3. Cover or shelter provided by interception by an object of the sun or its rays.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/shade

~-~
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#120409 Sep 1, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? All your friends?
Funny. I don't know of a single person who has gotten such a letter. Sounds a little anecdotal.
Do you really think children during their prime years (who the vast majority of which are healthy) remaining on a policy increases it's cost? Do you really believe that additional cost of the small percentage of uninsured with preexisting conditions wont be offset by the vast numbers of new healthy people buying insurance? Do you not think healthcare costs in general will come down as people get more preventative care and the poor will no longer be forced to use the MOST expensive means of care (Hospital emergency rooms)?
Lastly how on earth can you say that insuring MILLIONS more people (even by the most conservative estimates) wont impact the number of uninsured?
Don`t blame me. Only repeating what the insurance industry will start doing.

Yes, the changes are attractive. Yes, some like the age 26 child and the item of pre-existing condition being excepted/ But this does not change the fact the poor will not be able to get insurance without a contribution from the gov`t which is an excuse to increase taxes. The poor will be working two jobs to get in their 8 hour per day now called the normal day ,Then you have to look at the 20-30 million illegals that will be includes in Obama Care, and consider the ones that still have no job of work, today. This is not my prediction but it is the Insurance Industry and it is the GSA of the Gov`ts prediction.
The poor will still have no out but to go to gov`t clinics or the hospital.

This countries debt will increase. It is a no brainer.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#120410 Sep 1, 2013
Remember the days of old, consider the years of so many generations:ask thy father, and he will show thee:
thy elders, and they will tell thee.

The SONG of MOSES, Deuteronomy 32:7
<3
Go take a nap crazy nut

Vine Grove, KY

#120411 Sep 1, 2013
You are always on every thread spilling your nuts and giving Kentucky a bad name of CRAZY HILLIBILLIES now. Go sober up you lush. I like the Germany and Spain lady. Make up your mind who you want to be. You are a true sock puppet. You smoke that wacky tobaccy you grow? smh

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#120412 Sep 1, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
If you hold the one accountable, be truthful , do it correctly.
War in Iraq-every one and Country seemed to have the same info. The Democrats also voted for it.
BL was just one man. Nothing changed with his death.
FEMA was not the cause of New Orleans disaster. It was the cause of the Mayor and Governor not allowing FEMA to do their job. They(the mayor and governor were Democrats.)and they controlled the evacuation very badly.
Spending? Obama began with a $9 trillion debt. He expanded it to where it is now almost $18 trillion in 5 years. That is twice what Bush left him and us.
Vacations? Obama has spent more and taken more, non stop. When not vacationing, he is out stomping the Country with speeches. This costs plenty.
So , be honest.
1."War in Iraq-every one and Country seemed to have the same info. The Democrats also voted for it."

Not true. They voted based on information given to them by Bush.
NOBODY in congress knew that all of Bush's assertions were based on information gained from just one source. A source held by German authorities that we didn't even bother to question ourselves. A source that even the people who relayed this information (The German government) said he was untrustworthy and shouldn't be believed.

2."BL was just one man. Nothing changed with his death."

Yes he was just one man, but he was the face behind 9/11. Since when do we stop pursuing criminals, especially one that ordered the worst act of terrorism on American soil?
I have a friend who's father was killed in tower two. I saw the tears she shed when it was announced that Bin Ladin had been killed.
Tell her it changes nothing

3."FEMA was not the cause of New Orleans disaster. It was the cause of the Mayor and Governor not allowing FEMA to do their job. They(the mayor and governor were Democrats.)and they controlled the evacuation very badly."

Even republicans blame Bush!
http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/02/13/katrin...

4."Spending? Obama began with a $9 trillion debt. He expanded it to where it is now almost $18 trillion in 5 years. That is twice what Bush left him and us."

You are not comparing apples to apples. For one you are attributing spending programs already in place before he got there.
Secondly, every modern president has increased spending over his predecessor. The only real measure is by what percentage.
Bush increased spending by 7.3% in his first term and 8.1% during his second term
Obama on the other hand has increased federal spending just 1.4 percent while in office.
This is according to the CBO (check it out yourself).
To be fair there are some variables that makes Obama's number look a little better than actual (my opinion) but even discounting the variables he has increased spending FAR less than Bush.

5."Vacations? Obama has spent more and taken more, non stop. When not vacationing, he is out stomping the Country with speeches. This costs plenty.
So , be honest."

Ok I will.
He hasnt spent nearly the time Bush has on vacation or campaigning. It's not close. Even taking into account his remaining 3 1/2 years. He would have to spend nearly ALL his remaining time on vacation to catch up!
It is easy to check it out yourself, just Google "Bush vacation days vs Obama" and pick your source :P

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#120413 Sep 1, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Don`t blame me. Only repeating what the insurance industry will start doing.
Yes, the changes are attractive. Yes, some like the age 26 child and the item of pre-existing condition being excepted/ But this does not change the fact the poor will not be able to get insurance without a contribution from the gov`t which is an excuse to increase taxes. The poor will be working two jobs to get in their 8 hour per day now called the normal day ,Then you have to look at the 20-30 million illegals that will be includes in Obama Care, and consider the ones that still have no job of work, today. This is not my prediction but it is the Insurance Industry and it is the GSA of the Gov`ts prediction.
The poor will still have no out but to go to gov`t clinics or the hospital.
This countries debt will increase. It is a no brainer.
Hmmm, well I guess we will see soon :P
OZombies

Whittier, CA

#120414 Sep 1, 2013
whitehair wrote:
Why make any change???
...because Obamacare IS taxes and government is broke. They don't care how they're going to get money...they don't care about the people either!!! Obama said in State of the Union speech, "illegals are not going to be covered by Obamacare" and was that Senator or Congressman Joe Wilson that said..."YOU LIE" !!!!!

What else is new, Obama lies as soon he opens his narcissistic mouth ...!!
AL crazy nut

Vine Grove, KY

#120417 Sep 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
How ya doing CON?
Back from holiday already :)
Get 'run off' from
"... The pResident has FAILED US ... too?
-n-
had to change names ...
A~G~A~I~N
)8~D>
CON? That sounds like you crazy one. I didn't get run off anywhere. I stopped in there to see if you are as crazy there as you are here. Like the Wild Irish Rose comments. You play that game with her and others I see. You are just a twisted pos. I think you deserve a head check. Run on back there and let them rip you a new one. Goosey lucy.
AL crazy nut

Vine Grove, KY

#120419 Sep 1, 2013
American Lady wrote:
COPY/PASTED from another poster:)
To bad Obama's blame game, has finally backfired. Syria already knows that Obama was trying to talk tough but can't back it up. Now he wants Congressional approval and Syria knows why-cause he can't take responsibility and has to blame someone. Its to funny, the World is laughing.
AL says:
YepperZ ...
EVEN children of World Leaders
ARE
"making FUN of him" ...
:)
Bashar al-Assad’s young son dares US to attack Syria in Facebook rant[Photo]
http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/30/bashar-al-a...
He won't wait for approval if they kill more woman and children. Who gives a shit what that punk has to say. I guess you troll facebook too. You truly are a loose cannon. Psycho to be real.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#120425 Sep 1, 2013
CLICK FULL FRAME TO READ

Below is the NBRA Ad that will be published in the edition of the Washington Times and
given

to every member of Congress when they return to DC.

http://giveusliberty1776.blogspot.com/2013/09...
FUSE

Pikeville, KY

#120426 Sep 1, 2013
Countrygirl wrote:
<quoted text> by all means, sign yourself up!
Blow ME!
Countrygirl

Cadiz, KY

#120427 Sep 1, 2013
FUSE wrote:
<quoted text>
Blow ME!
funny!
AL crazy nut

Vine Grove, KY

#120429 Sep 1, 2013
FUSE wrote:
<quoted text>
Blow ME!
will. She blows in and out of every thread eventually. Blowing is her specialty. Watch for her, can't miss her. She blows and blows.
Breaker Breaker

Pikeville, KY

#120430 Sep 1, 2013
Countrygirl wrote:
<quoted text> funny!
Y U B trippin?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
miranda bunch 6 min curious 10
Minit Mart (Mar '12) 1 hr stranger 23
Carrie Byrd 3 hr Summers Eve 9
greenville tourism 7 hr doggie style 4
jeff oliver 23 hr christy 1
Several Juveniles Charged For Fighting Thu friends 15
Johnson Vaughn Apr 22 Imsick 7
More from around the web

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE