'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Full Story

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#120257 Aug 31, 2013
"Most all books written since the deployment of the World Wide Web will cite references to web sites."
Do we have a post even prediction? An incorrect one at that.
I will do you one better. I predict that after the deployment of electricity nearly every home in the US will use electric lighting.:P
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Most all books written since the deployment of the World Wide Web will cite references to web sites.
The smell of a library still conjures my imagination; I traveled the world through the words of Edgar Allen Poe, I travelled through time on the words of William Shakespeare and Miguel de Cervantes, I gained wisdom at ripe old age of 10 when I read Plato's Republic. I am as country as any rock in the hollow...and I am a geek by definition. <3 thanks for reminding me of the library.
:) Thumbs up X infinity!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#120258 Aug 31, 2013
sorry, I dropped the "t" in the word "event" in my previous post.

Since: Dec 11

.

#120259 Aug 31, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree in essence. We have become dependent on computers.
However, that can be said of any age. We tend to become dependent on the machines and technologies of the age. Cars, phones, lighters, packaged food, ect.
That being said, as to the overuse of the net, we still have books. We still retain the ability to read (Albeit sometimes in abbreviated forms)so in the event of a catastrophe the likes of that you have described, we will simply break out the books.
Much like the Dead Sea Scrolls...which are available on line now...
Ironic right?
http://www.deadseascrolls.org.il/

Since: Dec 11

.

#120260 Aug 31, 2013
Google News censors Chritianity!

"Mississippi indictment highlights pitfalls of power for sheriffs"

:http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/ 2013/0831/Mississippi-indictme nt-highlights-pitfalls-of-powe r-for-sheriffs

Here is the "uncensored article:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2013/0831/Missis...

Google is now officially a team Obama player!
No longer a news source for me!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

Since: Aug 13

At Your Mama's House

#120261 Aug 31, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like the Dead Sea Scrolls...which are available on line now...
Ironic right?
http://www.deadseascrolls.org.il/
No.
Not really.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#120262 Aug 31, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't read can you! You just have an opinion and nothing can change it, not facts, not reality, nothing but someone agreeing with you. My last response to you.
Looks like if you are so correct on the Birther matter it would not be me needing to agree with you but ANY court in the nation including the US Supreme Court. This is not my last response to you.
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120263 Aug 31, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
Most all books written since the deployment of the World Wide Web will cite references to web sites.
The smell of a library still conjures my imagination; I traveled the world through the words of Edgar Allen Poe, I travelled through time on the words of William Shakespeare and Miguel de Cervantes, I gained wisdom at ripe old age of 10 when I read Plato's Republic. I am as country as any rock in the hollow...and I am a geek by definition. <3 thanks for reminding me of the library.
:) Thumbs up X infinity!
Sorry ARI, just got back.
I find Poe a bit ‘dark’ for my tastes; I am a huge fan of Twain in American literature. I’ve read a bit of Shakespeare, and enjoyed what I’ve read. It’s been a long time since I read Plato’s Republic; I question his philosophies in respect to the societal absolutes he envisioned, such as the three classes with rulers ‘born’ for the function and all others unfit and his concept that justice could form in and of itself. I find his views of property ownership troubling. I liked Aristotle’s Politics more to my liking; in that governance is of and for the people, as well as his view that property ownership enhanced citizenship. Our founding fathers borrowed some of his views, albeit via St Thomas Aquinas; the first true political scientist, who studied Aristotle and admired his philosophy. Just my view.
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120264 Aug 31, 2013
Ghost of Raygun wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like if you are so correct on the Birther matter it would not be me needing to agree with you but ANY court in the nation including the US Supreme Court. This is not my last response to you.
Look, I posted the law as it is, I have no plans to pursue it, now it's all but a moot issue anyway! If what I posted was incorrect, prove it! You can talk about how wrong I am all you want, but you can not prove I'm wrong, if so, show me or shut the hell up! I do not accept any political website of either side as a source, so don't try it.
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120265 Aug 31, 2013
Extending citizenship to non-citizens through birth based solely upon locality is nothing more than mere municipal law that has no extra-territorial effect as proven from the English practice of it. On the other hand, citizenship by descent through the father is natural law and is recognized by all nations (what nation doesn’t recognize citizenship of children born wherever to their own citizens?). Thus, a natural-born citizen is one whose citizenship is recognized by law of nations rather than mere local recognition.

Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, James F. Wilson of Iowa, confirmed this in 1866:“We must depend on the general law relating to subjects and citizens recognized by all nations for a definition, and that must lead us to the conclusion that every person born in the United States is a natural-born citizen of such States, except that of children born on our soil to temporary sojourners or representatives of foreign Governments.”*

When a child inherits the citizenship of their father, they become a natural-born citizen of the nation their father belongs regardless of where they might be born. It should be pointed out that citizenship through descent of the father was recognized by U.S. Naturalization law whereby children became citizens themselves as soon as their father had become a naturalized citizen, or were born in another country to a citizen father.

Yes, birth is prima facie evidence of citizenship, but only the citizenship of the nation the father is a member.

Here it is again, I did not write it! CAN YOU READ?
Obama's FATHER WAS A CITIZEN OF KENYA!!!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#120266 Aug 31, 2013
Lugh wrote:
<quoted text>
You were his #1 fan. Still are, from your posts.
I must not have read a post right, then ...
0 "is" who I was talking about!

Good Evening *Patriots*...

;~)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#120267 Aug 31, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, I posted the law as it is, I have no plans to pursue it, now it's all but a moot issue anyway! If what I posted was incorrect, prove it! You can talk about how wrong I am all you want, but you can not prove I'm wrong, if so, show me or shut the hell up! I do not accept any political website of either side as a source, so don't try it.
B~R~I~L~L~I~A~N~T ...
:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#120268 Aug 31, 2013
Ghost of Raygun wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like if you are so correct on the Birther matter it would not be me needing to agree with you but ANY court in the nation including the US Supreme Court. This is not my last response to you.
CORRUPTION/blackmail and/or under-educated judges!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#120269 Aug 31, 2013
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
Google News censors Chritianity!
"Mississippi indictment highlights pitfalls of power for sheriffs"
:http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/ 2013/0831/Mississippi-indictme nt-highlights-pitfalls-of-powe r-for-sheriffs
Here is the "uncensored article:
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2013/0831/Missis...
Google is now officially a team Obama player!
No longer a news source for me!
As I said back at *Easter*:)
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120270 Aug 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I must not have read a post right, then ...
0 "is" who I was talking about!
Good Evening *Patriots*...
;~)
Good evening AL. I'm going to get off here soon, Ghost of Stupidity is about to piss me off, as you may have noticed, I'm waiting a bit however!:)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#120271 Aug 31, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Good evening AL. I'm going to get off here soon, Ghost of Stupidity is about to piss me off, as you may have noticed, I'm waiting a bit however!:)
Hi "T" ...
YepperZ ...
They love to try and get under ya skin ...

I won't LET them ...
I GIVE it right BACK!

Great to see you on here again helping US out <3
American Lady

Danville, KY

#120272 Aug 31, 2013
You do TOO ...
I'm not saying that :)

Loving how you do IT!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#120273 Aug 31, 2013
Was Chief Justice John Roberts Blackmailed?

http://www.westernjournalism.com/was-chief-ju...

Great and informative comments ...
General Robert E Lee

Johnson City, TN

#120274 Aug 31, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi "T" ...
YepperZ ...
They love to try and get under ya skin ...
I won't LET them ...
I GIVE it right BACK!
Great to see you on here again helping US out <3
I've noticed some have vanished! I've been at it since about 9am :{

Since: Dec 11

.

#120275 Aug 31, 2013
Dimocrats have been subverted by BLIPVERTS!
American Lady

Danville, KY

#120277 Aug 31, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed some have vanished! I've been at it since about 9am :{
I've been catching up on some of the news ...
Thank YOU for doing what you do ...
Sorry I missed you all day :)

Been doing "family" things <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stop the utility tax 2 hr Jesus 56
Muhlenberg teachers get screwed.... 6 hr rebel 336
Who is Alex clack? 9 hr oldfamilyfriend 4
John Coilur 10 hr mayb 3
k.s.p. 13 hr chain gang 7
wade griggs (Feb '12) 14 hr Amanda 39
travis hayward 15 hr riiiiight 6
Greenville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots