BOB BARKER

Cadiz, KY

#47 Sep 3, 2013
I agree with the person who posted about the talent in the band. The drummer needs to get some chops and PLAY!! A drummer makes or breaks the band. He doesn't break the band but he needs to learn more styles and expand his talent. The bass player, decent. The singer, why is everyone so up on this guy. Again, he is decent. A few good songs and a few not so good. This will kill the band if he doesn't practice more and stop trying to be Blake Shelton. The acoustic guitar player is an all around good musician. He makes the band from what I've seen. Give him the mic on the songs the lead can't sing. At least it will make for a good set instead of a half-ass set. Not comparing, well, I guess I am....take notes from Mud River Union. All great musicians, all know how to do their jobs and all are excellent at it. Go to a few if their shows and you will learn and thing or two.
Looks like it

Louisville, KY

#48 Sep 4, 2013
Bob Barker, what can they learn from MRU? What is so great about them? They are good, but where have they gone? I don't see that they have made their mark on the music industry yet either! Everyone just sit back and watch...what will be will be.. No one on here knows the future! And there certainly are no experts here! So silly!
More cowbell

Central City, KY

#49 Sep 4, 2013
Looks like it wrote:
Bob Barker, what can they learn from MRU? What is so great about them? They are good, but where have they gone? I don't see that they have made their mark on the music industry yet either! Everyone just sit back and watch...what will be will be.. No one on here knows the future! And there certainly are no experts here! So silly!
No one here are experts, you are right.... Saying that, Every listener of the product of a band has the right to voice opinions and criticism for what they perform, whether it be a live set or recording. Don't claim people as being silly because they do so... For a band to get any spotlight or to progress, a band MUST listen to the general public and what they have to say, even if that means getting on topix and reading what we are saying. Butttt... If they have the mentality to say,'screw what people say, we are going to do what we wanna do...' That would get my total, utmost respect.... But judging by I've seen and heard from the lead singer, he's in it for the fame.
Looks like it

Louisville, KY

#50 Sep 4, 2013
This is not the general public. This is a few random people on topix. However, it does seem that of these random few, it is agreed that maybe they need a new lead singer!?!?!
well

Tucker, GA

#51 Sep 4, 2013
Looks like it wrote:
This thread is not About MRU, not sure why they keep getting brought into it. I will say that it is pretty well known among their friends that they are not trying to go anywhere. They have good jobs and families and are just having fun. It is also known fact that they have turned down more than one good offer due to the high risk of the business. All that said, they are a good example of what hard work and practice will sound like, and several of the members can hold their own with anybody. They proved that on the square this year. Hopefully boys of broad will keep focused, have fun, and just enjoy playing. The rest is all BS anyway
Looks like it

Louisville, KY

#52 Sep 4, 2013
I actually know members of MRU and they DO WANT to go farther! You are wrong! They have great jobs but I have personally heard them wish to go big. Anyway it doesn't matter. I wish them all the best of luck!
well

Tucker, GA

#53 Sep 4, 2013
Looks like it wrote:
I actually know members of MRU and they DO WANT to go farther! You are wrong! They have great jobs but I have personally heard them wish to go big. Anyway it doesn't matter. I wish them all the best of luck!
Hmmm is that a fact.. ;)
Hello

Louisville, KY

#54 Sep 5, 2013
I think the Boys of Broad are great. They entertain, they are fun, they have written some good songs, all of this is my opinion. I also think that Colton is the real talent and should be the lead singer. Again, that is my opinion. Does anyone care what I say on topix? No! Do any of These posts matter? No! Will these post make a difference in whether they make it big or not or whether Kelsey continues to lead or not? No! Discussion over as far as I can see! LOL
But the fact that people are discussing them says something!!!

United States

#56 Sep 5, 2013
I agree. They are good. At least they are putting their selves out there. I know most of them and they are nice and respectful. You have to give them a chance. Keep going boys of broad. Don't let people hurt you alls feeling and slow you down.
Here we go

Cadiz, KY

#57 Sep 6, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm is that a fact.. ;)
Looks like one of the MRU members has graced us with their presence. Watch out people!!!
Ha Ha

Cadiz, KY

#58 Sep 6, 2013
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm is that a fact.. ;)
Looks like one of the members of MRU has graced us with their presence. Watch out people!
sjb

Toledo, OH

#60 Jan 3, 2014
The boys of broad on the radio is this foreal hahahaha they are a joke
lil wayne

Greenville, KY

#61 Jan 4, 2014
Looks like it wrote:
Is Kelsey Hart gay. Someone said he was! I don't care either way! Sure is cute!
He's not gay! He is screwing that blond (who is married) that is always dancing at their sucky a$$ shows.
LOL

Dunmor, KY

#62 Jan 4, 2014
sjb wrote:
The boys of broad on the radio is this foreal hahahaha they are a joke
Would love to know who you are! Lol
Jealous much? Stations play who they think are good. They don't play bands they think are a joke! You are sad! Give it up already!!!
LOL

Dunmor, KY

#63 Jan 4, 2014
lil wayne wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not gay! He is screwing that blond (who is married) that is always dancing at their sucky a$$ shows.
And how could you POSSIBLY know this? So stupid!!!
newsflash

Greenville, KY

#64 Jan 4, 2014
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Would love to know who you are! Lol
Jealous much? Stations play who they think are good. They don't play bands they think are a joke! You are sad! Give it up already!!!
Or they play bands that are going to perform at a benefit which they are hosting...which is the case here. Same thing happened with Youngstown. Dont mistake, I am proud of them, they are having fun, as long as their heads dont swell, which its too late for that. Just saying that some people including Kelsey are making out like they have hit the big time - not hardly.
LOL

Dunmor, KY

#65 Jan 4, 2014
newsflash wrote:
<quoted text>
Or they play bands that are going to perform at a benefit which they are hosting...which is the case here. Same thing happened with Youngstown. Dont mistake, I am proud of them, they are having fun, as long as their heads dont swell, which its too late for that. Just saying that some people including Kelsey are making out like they have hit the big time - not hardly.
They aren't doing a benefit for WOBI AND THey ARE PLAYING THEM. They were playing them at WBKR BEFORE they agreed to do the benefit so that goes to show how much you know. You think you know everything and you know nothing. Still say you are jealous. Leave them alone. You are not going to win this one. Have your opinion. You have a right to it. Doesn't make it right! Lol
tell you what

Greenville, KY

#66 Jan 4, 2014
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
They aren't doing a benefit for WOBI AND THey ARE PLAYING THEM. They were playing them at WBKR BEFORE they agreed to do the benefit so that goes to show how much you know. You think you know everything and you know nothing. Still say you are jealous. Leave them alone. You are not going to win this one. Have your opinion. You have a right to it. Doesn't make it right! Lol
Tell you what. Lets revisit this conversation in about a year and we will see who knows what....
And BTW, the whole 92.5 thing is because of the benefit. See how much they are played otherwise. WOBI is a small mom & pop station, so no major feat there. All I was really getting at was that you and the rest of their family and friends (and them) think they have hit it big. Again, far far from it. We will see in time, just like all the others that were going to live their dreams, they too are still here in good ole muhlenberg talking about what never happened. I am sure many will have a great response to this, my response will come down the road when I say told you so.
LOL

Dunmor, KY

#67 Jan 4, 2014
tell you what wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell you what. Lets revisit this conversation in about a year and we will see who knows what....
And BTW, the whole 92.5 thing is because of the benefit. See how much they are played otherwise. WOBI is a small mom & pop station, so no major feat there. All I was really getting at was that you and the rest of their family and friends (and them) think they have hit it big. Again, far far from it. We will see in time, just like all the others that were going to live their dreams, they too are still here in good ole muhlenberg talking about what never happened. I am sure many will have a great response to this, my response will come down the road when I say told you so.
There you go again! When did ANYONE say they were a BIG DEAL?? Stop speaking for other people and trying to say how other people feel and think. You continue to show your ignorance. We are all excited for what they have done and are doing. I have never heard one person in their fan base, their families or them say they have made it big. They are excited and proud of what they have done so far. Who knows what will happen in a year? None if us. We might not be here in a year! I would like to know who you are so that we can see what YOU have accomplished in a year! You won't tell who you are because you know it will be a big fat zero! You are so sad!!
Love the BOB

Sacramento, KY

#68 Jan 4, 2014
Here is the deal!! Yes they are playing for a benefit for St. Jude. But now let's be serious, why were they asked to do that!! Because they WILL sell tickets. That is what a benefit is about.... Getting a group in that people want to see so they can raise money!!!
I also believe that u like them yourself, u seem to know what goes on at their shows !!! Why attend if u dislike them so much.
And as far as the big head.... Three on the members went to a basketball game today of one of their biggest fans. He has Down Syndrome. Today they were his fans !! Sounds like a bunch of boys with the big head doesn't it?? These boys are real, and our feeling blessed! They may not make it big..... Buy the last six months have been good to them
And 2014 is looking bright!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mitch Latham "cowboy" 37 min Listen 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 6 hr Paper grows on trees 620
Nathen Barnes 7 hr Sheisstillmyfriend 14
hoochie mama 11 hr coloradokid 5
Carrie Nelson 20 hr no one 7
Information on Jason Rice age 40 Sun uknowwho 16
Murder in Muhlenberg County (Mar '10) Sun JSN 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages