Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2013

Judged:

First, I find it enlightening that these young men are spending their free time exploring their talent and not drugs.
Second, to "tell me" way to show support for the local kids. Yes, kids, recent highschool graduates. And instead of boozing it up, snorting it up or shooting it up they are spending their time practicing. I personally know one of these young men and not only is he phenomenal on the guitar but he has a heart of hold, as do most of these boys. Instead of being a moron and a shithead, how about just being proud that our county, in this day and age, has some really great, talented kids. And for the "boys", Andrew, if you happen to read this, there's two redheads that stand behind and support you wholeheartedly.
Last but not least, wonder how many of you nay Sayers ever had the balls to chase your dreams? Nope, you ended up in factories and coal mines, or on welfare.

GOOD LUCK BOYS! Haters are gonna hate and you just can't fix stupid, so rise above.
Looks like it

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Is Kelsey Hart gay. Someone said he was! I don't care either way! Sure is cute!
Boys will be boys

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

They will end up the same as the rest them. Gone in a couple of years. This county has major talent, but sadley they never go any further. Their biggest gigs are either opening for bigger acts or playing the Greenville Square. I love these boys and hope they prove me wrong, but I doubt it. Youngstown could have made it. Mudd River Union could have made it. But they don't try!! They have to go after it and never quit!! I am a Nashville promoter and have seen these bands, but I can't help them unless they really want this. Word is that Youngstown and MRU are joining forces. That will be Interresting. Or, I've also heard MRU kicked their bass player and drummer out and are going all acoustic. This will also be Interresting. Yes, they are great vocally, but a band isn't a band without the beat. Some say the front four vocalist have got their egos way out of wack and need to be brought back down to reality. I've met them a few times and can say, yeah...they need to realize they are not the band. A band makes a band not just one person. Same with Youngstown....they failed because their egos got out of wack. They are ALL great...not just a couple of them. The majority of bands in the county fail because of this reason. One thinks they are better and move on just to learn the hard way that its ALL of the members that make a great band. I saw BOB play and they are all great. Keep it that way. Push for this and take nothing less. Prove me wrong.
l doubt it

Greenville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Looks like it wrote:
Is Kelsey Hart gay. Someone said he was! I don't care either way! Sure is cute!
I seriously doubt it.. he is not the greatest singer or the next Blake Shelton like he thinks, but not gay either
l doubt it

Greenville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Judged:

Boys will be boys wrote:
They will end up the same as the rest them. Gone in a couple of years. This county has major talent, but sadley they never go any further. Their biggest gigs are either opening for bigger acts or playing the Greenville Square. I love these boys and hope they prove me wrong, but I doubt it. Youngstown could have made it. Mudd River Union could have made it. But they don't try!! They have to go after it and never quit!! I am a Nashville promoter and have seen these bands, but I can't help them unless they really want this. Word is that Youngstown and MRU are joining forces. That will be Interresting. Or, I've also heard MRU kicked their bass player and drummer out and are going all acoustic. This will also be Interresting. Yes, they are great vocally, but a band isn't a band without the beat. Some say the front four vocalist have got their egos way out of wack and need to be brought back down to reality. I've met them a few times and can say, yeah...they need to realize they are not the band. A band makes a band not just one person. Same with Youngstown....they failed because their egos got out of wack. They are ALL great...not just a couple of them. The majority of bands in the county fail because of this reason. One thinks they are better and move on just to learn the hard way that its ALL of the members that make a great band. I saw BOB play and they are all great. Keep it that way. Push for this and take nothing less. Prove me wrong.
You are clueless, and I seriously doubt you are a "Nashville Promoter". Just another wanna be who thinks they know something. Youngstown is dead and gone. 3 of the members have started another band. Regardless of what people think, MRU plays for fun. They all are successful in their careers, I doubt that your opinion will affect any of the above mentioned nor their ability to sleep at night.
hello

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

This so-called promoter is lame. If you were a promoter and asked any of them to sign with you, I feel sure that they would be happy to do so. You are just another person from near or from Muhlenberg County that doesn't have a life and spends their lonely life on Topics, just like me and everyone else on here! And what are you saying? That you are gay and have gaydar??? Is that how you know if someone else is gay or not? I am really stupid for reading this junk. Shame on me, but like I said, I have nothing better to do. LOL And if a Nashville reporter spends his time on Topic, he must not be very successful at his job! ROFL!
Boys will be boys

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

hello wrote:
This so-called promoter is lame. If you were a promoter and asked any of them to sign with you, I feel sure that they would be happy to do so. You are just another person from near or from Muhlenberg County that doesn't have a life and spends their lonely life on Topics, just like me and everyone else on here! And what are you saying? That you are gay and have gaydar??? Is that how you know if someone else is gay or not? I am really stupid for reading this junk. Shame on me, but like I said, I have nothing better to do. LOL And if a Nashville reporter spends his time on Topic, he must not be very successful at his job! ROFL!
Since when did I mention Gay in my post? Think you need to read and clarify what I said. Believe what you will. I promote Indy Artist and have been doing so for 15 years. I live in Nashville but stay half the week in Greenville with my ill mother. I spend a lot of time on Topix because I use it sometimes to find new artists. But, enough explaining myself which I should never have to do. I am simply stating statements from what I've heard and seen for myself. True or not, they are my opinion and mine only. There are other things that I've been told from bands that have worked along side of them that really tell the type of "Christian" people they really are. Not worth getting in to, but I'm sure there are a few people out there that now exactly what I'm talking about.
I call BS

Greenville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Boys will be boys wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when did I mention Gay in my post? Think you need to read and clarify what I said. Believe what you will. I promote Indy Artist and have been doing so for 15 years. I live in Nashville but stay half the week in Greenville with my ill mother. I spend a lot of time on Topix because I use it sometimes to find new artists. But, enough explaining myself which I should never have to do. I am simply stating statements from what I've heard and seen for myself. True or not, they are my opinion and mine only. There are other things that I've been told from bands that have worked along side of them that really tell the type of "Christian" people they really are. Not worth getting in to, but I'm sure there are a few people out there that now exactly what I'm talking about.
If you promoted INDIE artists, you would know the correct spelling... and it's not Indy.. however, I fully agree with everything else you said.
Looks like it

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

You are looking for new artists on Topix? Good grief! And you said that you doubted the boy was gay. How would you know is the point I was making. Whatever!
BOB Fan

Greenville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

I think it is so funny that all these losers dont have anything better to do than hate on a group of young men doing something good with their lifes! Instead of worrying about them you need to be worrying about growing up and getting a life! The Boys of Broad have only been together for almost 5 months and have plenty of time to do big things! Instead of hating you should be proud of these young men that are trying to repersent for Muhlenberg County and show people that we are not all meth heads!! And all these haters must not have even seen them preform because they are GREAT!! Yes like all bands and performers they have off nights but they are trying to do something good with thier lifes so give them credit and STOP HATING!!
More cowbell

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

I have seen them play twice.... I'll give an honest opinion. I listen to a lot of music and a lot of bands and I tend to believe I can see a huge difference between a good band and a bad one. Personally, I think they are decent. I wasn't as impressed as everyone is making them out to be though.... I think their weaknesses are their drummer first and foremost. His beats are very simplistic.... And not much variety to them. He isn't necessarily bad, but there are much better drummers locally. Another thing is their song selection in their set. Remix to ignition??? Really??? That's a joke... No one will ever take them serious with songs like that. Kelsey gets all the hype and I don't understand why... He's good on maybe 2 or 3 of the songs on their set list, and really... That's it. Everything else he sings is really not that good. Really, the only good thing going for that band right now is Colton with his acoustic playing and vocals and the electric guitarist Tyler. Bass is fair I suppose... Nothing too great, but not bad. But quite frankly, kelsey will end up hurting the band by his mindset that he IS the band. Are they bad? No. They have potential of course... And plenty of it. They're fair. Simply put...
Love the BOB

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

I know all of these guys personally and have heard them play numerous times. I am not an experts on musical talent but I have been at three events where they were judged by people who are. Twice they won first place with a nice cash prize. The 3rd time the judges praised each individual band member for their talent and said musicality they score very high. Now everyone has an opinion so I am just keeping it to the facts! Another fact is they have an awesome fan base that support them everywhere they go.( I know because I am one of them). Fact number three, Kelsey Hart is not gay!! Laughed out loud when I read that one!!
Please keep hating

Island, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

I <3 haters
Haha

Island, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

(Is he gay?) nah you just mad cause he took yo girl
Haha

Island, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

good luck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck. They already have the big head (for no reason) and think they are big time. Especially their lead singer who is a bad karaoke act at best.
fake it till you make it.

Boys of broad just killed the club and now you mad.
Bob fan

Island, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

If are God is with us then who could ever stop us?
Thanks for the support guys
what

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Haha wrote:
<quoted text> fake it till you make it.
Boys of broad just killed the club and now you mad.
WTH does this even mean?? Good lord. And to whoever said they were judged by experts.. the two battles they won were voted by fans, and while I commend them on having a good fan base (though it is mainly friends and such) I highly doubt their fans are experts in the field. Kelsey did sing in front of experts not long ago for "the voice" audition and didn't make it past the first round. He also got beat by Colton and one other person in a Podunk karaoke contest at the fair. I am all for them and happy to see them being constructive, but don't make plans to board the tour bus anytime soon......
More cowbell

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

To everyone saying hater this, hater that..... Nobody is really hating in this forum. I see more opinions than people blatantly talking negative. And people who are being overtop with hating on them just don't like Kelsey. Which, honestly, is semi-understandable considering I know how the guy is... Childish in the sense that they come on topix and do it, but it's a person's right of freedom of speech, so it is understandable.
Love the BOB

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

What.... remember I am talking facts. Facts they were judged by a panel of judges three times. Won twice and got rave reviews the third time. I was there all three times so I do not what I am talking about. The only times they were voted on by fans was at Greenville. Thanks to those fans they won a 1,000 dollars. Not bad for a n hour work! Time will tell. They may make it, they may not, but right now they are doing great!
you are correct

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Love the BOB wrote:
What.... remember I am talking facts. Facts they were judged by a panel of judges three times. Won twice and got rave reviews the third time. I was there all three times so I do not what I am talking about. The only times they were voted on by fans was at Greenville. Thanks to those fans they won a 1,000 dollars. Not bad for a n hour work! Time will tell. They may make it, they may not, but right now they are doing great!
You are correct - you do not know what you are talking about (may wannt to re-read your post...)- the only time that they were judged by a panel of judges without any fan voting included in the score was the battle of the big o - how did that work out? And you are right,$1000 not bad for an hours work - how many hours are spend practicing, traveling, and money spent on equipment, etc... they are not rich yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of87
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Greenville Forum right now

Search the Greenville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Jay 138,617
Cash Watson 43 min Ramey 43
Tiffany Oldham 59 min Answer 13
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Mississippi Man 81,199
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 4 hr blahblah123 918
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr blahblah123 25,963
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 4 hr blahblah123 417
Watson Home Demolished 9 hr Truthis 10
Beauty Pageant Scheduled to Benefit Fire Victims Wed dirty dutch mantell 53
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greenville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE