Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97213 Apr 26, 2014
Just finished up a short "Weekend Adventure" with the g'kids. Indoor water park, a train ride and a stop at a junk/antique shop. They rated it a 10 on a 1-10 scale, so I did good! They are wanting to go through some caves next. We'll see. Thought about an Amtrak train trip but, jeez, those things aren't very fast. A 200 mile trip takes about 5 hours and I don't think I'd survive the circus I'd be taking with me. Lol . Everyday we pray the JOY prayer. You know, Jesus first, Others second and Yourself last. Well, they've noticed I always make mine "help me make it through the day!" So , I just would have to use that prayer for that train trip!! Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97214 Apr 26, 2014
Kenclucky wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a "chicken run" Wolf?
Song for today: Joe Tex "Skinny Legs"
It is an area set aside for chickens to run and play in and bask in the sunlight outside of the normal chicken house and without being in any danger from attacking varmits.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97215 Apr 26, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
My better half used to say he had to go back to work to get some rest!! Whenever vacation time came around we'd hit it pretty hard with different projects, trips, etc. lol.
Uh, huh, thinking about wife applications? Now, AW, that'll get ya into trouble with Sweet Polly for sure. JK . Lol
Oh, Sweet Polly knows that I have lived alone now for 11 years and not needed a wife including her and I don't think she has any interest in doing my laundry LOL
Kentucky

New Castle, PA

#97216 Apr 26, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> It is an area set aside for chickens to run and play in and bask in the sunlight outside of the normal chicken house and without being in any danger from attacking varmits.
That's good husbandry Wolf... Kudos to you :)
After watching Food. Inc made me upset how farming critters has turned into greed and abuse.
Joe Tex

Williamsburg, KY

#97217 Apr 26, 2014
Kenclucky wrote:
<quoted text>
What's a "chicken run" Wolf?
Song for today: Joe Tex "Skinny Legs"
http://tinyurl.com/n7g3qf8
Kentucky

New Castle, PA

#97218 Apr 26, 2014
@Anne 52

I don't post much, but I always read this forum. Somehow I have to catch up often. You're blessed to have grandchildren and I pray God brings some my way in his good time. I've been doing long awaited Spring cleaning today, great to find that floor boards need replaced.! Geesh...sometimes I wish I had remained a tenant! Have a great evening. Blessings :)

Location hidden

#97219 Apr 26, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It is an area set aside for chickens to run and play in and bask in the sunlight outside of the normal chicken house and without being in any danger from attacking varmits.
Okay,,, that's kinda what I've got gor my 4 ladies. except I have 3 -- 6'high, 8' long wire panels and 2---6'high, 4'long wire panels--one with a gate.. I bought it off a neighbor for $50. It's attached to the chicken house and every morning I open the chicken house door and they can run freely in the pen. Then sometimes I open the gate and they run in the yard. At night they are on the roost in the chicken house, door shut and pen gate latched. The dog kinda keeps varmints away( I think). Lol

Location hidden

#97220 Apr 26, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, Sweet Polly knows that I have lived alone now for 11 years and not needed a wife including her and I don't think she has any interest in doing my laundry LOL
If there's laundry involved ... Nope! Smart woman there! LOL!

Location hidden

#97221 Apr 26, 2014
Kentucky wrote:
@Anne 52

I don't post much, but I always read this forum. Somehow I have to catch up often. You're blessed to have grandchildren and I pray God brings some my way in his good time. I've been doing long awaited Spring cleaning today, great to find that floor boards need replaced.! Geesh...sometimes I wish I had remained a tenant! Have a great evening. Blessings :)
Thank you, I do enjoy the g'kids and you will too when the time comes!! Here's a little secret... I should be spring cleaning and not running all over the place all the time. Lol.
Kentucky

New Castle, PA

#97222 Apr 26, 2014
@Anne52

First things first! Unfortunately...that's been the TV set for me, hence...the dirty house.
Kentucky

New Castle, PA

#97223 Apr 26, 2014
Appropriate for this forum I suppose :)

Song: "Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep" by Middle Of The Road.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97225 Apr 27, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, I do enjoy the g'kids and you will too when the time comes!! Here's a little secret... I should be spring cleaning and not running all over the place all the time. Lol.
My grandaughter is about to make me great LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97226 Apr 27, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay,,, that's kinda what I've got gor my 4 ladies. except I have 3 -- 6'high, 8' long wire panels and 2---6'high, 4'long wire panels--one with a gate.. I bought it off a neighbor for $50. It's attached to the chicken house and every morning I open the chicken house door and they can run freely in the pen. Then sometimes I open the gate and they run in the yard. At night they are on the roost in the chicken house, door shut and pen gate latched. The dog kinda keeps varmints away( I think). Lol
I have a 20' by 20' building with poles or rafters for the 40 chickens and it is plenty for them to roost on at night. But daytime free ranging is difficult to know who is out and who is in or where? LOL I am building another 20' by 20' run behind the building using 4' high wire double stacking it to be at least 6' tall. A small weighted passage door will allow them to go in and out of the day time run area and I will control it with a rope passing through the rafters to the front of the building. I can lift the passage in the mornings and release the rope at night to allow the weight to lower it.(or at least that is my plan) lol

Location hidden

#97228 Apr 27, 2014
It sounds as if you've got a nice set up for the chickens. They will enjoy the extra space and will pick it to the bare ground soon. Lol The neighbors told me today that they are losing one a night from some-as yet unidentified- varmint. They have quite a few and I can't say they put them all up at night. The victim is being taken over to the neighbors and the remains are found of a morning . So the hunt is on. Now I dabble with a couple chickens, feed the fish and have the property fenced in for some cows which I don't own but these neighbors win all kinds of farmer awards so they will solve their mystery soon

Location hidden

#97229 Apr 27, 2014
Busy weekend around here!! The adventure wagon (motor home) spent some time parked in a campground. Good times there! We played in a water park etc..., attended a wedding shower. Good times!! Tomorrow brings the 1001 things to do. Is anything ever caught up??
I've been wondering about misty and her mom. Hope her mother has recovered .
thisGuy

Stephenville, TX

#97230 Apr 28, 2014
KY sold its soul to the Devil when it allowed the Left to take over state
The dead birds are just a sign of things to come
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97232 Apr 29, 2014
@Mississippi Man.. I hope you and the Belle are safe after the tornadoes swept out of Arkansas along a general path through Tupelo, Tuscaloosa, Birmingham, Talledega, and on into Georgia...(near Interstate 20).

Here in Central Kentucky we have had severe thunderstorms and lots of rain, but nothing that could compare. Having survived two hurricanes of the 1960s in the South, visited Gulfport after Katrina, and lived through the April 3, 1974 tornado... I am blessed to only have thunderstorms and rain.
qwerty

Butler, KY

#97233 Apr 29, 2014
thisGuy wrote:
KY sold its soul to the Devil when it allowed the Left to take over state
The dead birds are just a sign of things to come
The devil got on topix
He was lookin' for a soul to steal
He was in a bind 'cause he was way behind
And he was willin' to make a deal

When he came across this bird thread
that kept going on hot
And the devil jumped up on a hickory stump
And said, "Boy, let me tell you what"

"I guess you didn't know it but I'm a bird lover, too
And if you'd care to take a dare, I'll make a bet with you
Now, you've got a fine bird, boy, but give the devil his due
I'll bet a fiddle of gold against your soul
'Cause I bot one better than you"

The boy said, "My name's Johnny, and it might be a sin
But I'll take your bet, you're gonna regret
'Cause I've got the best that's ever been"

Johnny, rosin up your crow and train your birdie hard
'Cause hell's broke loose on topix and the devil deals the cards
And if you win you get this shiny birdhouse made of gold
But if you lose, the devil gets your soul

The devil opened up his cage and he said, "I'll start this show"
And fire flew from his fingertips as he rosined up his crow
And he pulled the crow across the place and it made an evil hiss
Then a band of demons joined in and it sounded somethin' like this....

When the devil finished, Johnny said
"Well, you're pretty good, old son
But sit down in that chair right there
And let me show you how it's done"

Fire on the mountain, run, boys, run
The devil's in the house of the rising sun
Chicken in the bread pan pickin' out dough
Granny, does your bird bite? No, child, no

The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat
And he laid that golden birdhouse on the ground at Johnny's feet
Johnny said, "Devil, just come on back if you ever want to try again
'Cause I told you once, you son of a bitch, I'm the best that's ever been"

Location hidden

#97236 Apr 29, 2014
Good Evening!
Loved the poem, qwerty! Lol!

Earlier this evening there was a double rainbow! Beautiful! We had to go through a hard cold rain to get that rainbow but was it ever wonderful--the rainbow --not the cold rain! Lol.
Better half has a birthday later this week so we will go out to eat. I'll "let" him pick out the restaurant .. Our bank was passing out free t-shirts and I may wrap up one of those for a birthday gift..... Then a local hardware/lumber store sends us birthday cards with a coupon for a small birthday gift so at least he will get a couple gifts....lol
(Heeheehee) ah, good times!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97237 Apr 30, 2014
Good song from the movie "Butch Cassidy and The Sundance KId" with Paul Neuman and Robert Redford.... B.J. Thomas "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" ... but in this case, it is just more on my metal roof that woke me so I could make the coffee. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) 4 hr Bob 521
Devin keith 4 hr A N W 6
Jennifer Tucker/Edwards (Jan '12) 5 hr shameless 13
Uncle lees to stay open 9 hr Time 2
Epsom salt Sun Mc eagles 2
any one horny this am looking for a woman Sat bloody Marys give... 10
gary pierce Sat BIG BEN 2
Greenville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Greenville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greenville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:46 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:46AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?
NBC Sports10:26 AM
Titans have become the NFL's biggest slump-busters
NBC Sports10:31 AM
Cowboys' collapse never occurred
NBC Sports12:04 PM
Titans lead Bucs for top pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 1:31 PM
Allen (Knee) to Get MRI; Considered Day-to-Day