Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 20 comments on the Jan 5, 2011, The Cincinnati Enquirer story titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#97257 May 1, 2014
triple bypass wrote:
Lol. All of you idiots have been discussing this same topic for like 3 years. Get off of it and get a life. Three years wasted you morons.
Wasted?
Hardly! We've shared stories and memories , laughed at jokes and jokes, cried at the passing of a fellow poster, we shared our faith, many great songs, discussed life and played on the monkey bars.
Wasted? I think not. We've been living and sharing.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97259 May 2, 2014
I am waiting on Baby Wolf (great-grandson) to come into this world.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97260 May 2, 2014
Good morning!
Miss E, I see you've left the flip flop behind for the time being! Your shoe shelves must be loaded with red shoes!lol

The regulars have been rather quiet lately-- hope they are just out enjoying the beautiful spring... That's a good thing and they'll come back refreshed with lots of news! Look at that sun!!

Location hidden

#97261 May 2, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am waiting on Baby Wolf (great-grandson) to come into this world.
This is so exciting!! I'll say a prayer for the momma and baby!
Have you told the momma the baby's name is Baby Wolf? Lol
Keep us posted!
New

London, KY

#97263 May 2, 2014
Haha birds
lol

Manchester, KY

#97264 May 2, 2014
Hypnotic tonight in my cup lol and maybe a little booty shaking
there is an old saying

Hackensack, NJ

#97265 May 2, 2014
About treating loved ones like birds.
lol

Manchester, KY

#97266 May 2, 2014
Good afternoon bird lovas. happy friday to all :) a little booty shaking tonight then back to work
lol

Manchester, KY

#97267 May 2, 2014
Kisses :) just playing around
Kentucky

Coraopolis, PA

#97268 May 2, 2014
"The Boatman" by The Seldom Scene.
Lovely song :)

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#97270 May 3, 2014
One day, Uncle Tabby decided to face his fears, and go riding on a horse.

It was easy for him to get on, and he was doing just fine until the horse started to go faster, and he started slipping off the saddle. He couldn’t hold on to the horse, and his head started bumping the ground.

He was almost knocked unconscious when the Wal-Mart manager came out, and unplugged the machine.
Hum

United States

#97271 May 3, 2014
Good afternoon bird Lovas. Beautiful day. Trying to get home. I needs some fluids lol
checking

United States

#97275 May 3, 2014
scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
I'm still waiting in my bunker for the after shocks to pass.

Location hidden

#97279 May 4, 2014
Good Evening!
Perfect Sunday here! We took a little trip today and visited a beautiful lighthouse. It would be wonderful to travel around to take pics of all the lighthouses! We dropped $60 to take the ferry out to the island and it was worth every penny! The campground even had yurts to rent! A good day.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#97280 May 4, 2014
"""HEY EVERYBODY"" !!!....and Wolf, thanks for the "well wish'n." That tornado just "BARELY" missed us, it went thru a little to the south of us but we sure got the tail winds, lightning and rain. Once again, it blew our transformer out up there on the pole and flat fried our Comcast network. We had to wait so long because repairmen were so-o-o-o far behind because of the two recent storms. We had to buy another new modum for the computers but......here I am!

I finally got the galvanized piping taken in to the "bending" company for my hand rails along the sidewalk. They did a great job of bending the pieces like I wanted. Now, gotta assemble it all and set it in Sacrete.

The Belle and I bought enough man-made field stone to make a stone walk way to the storage shed. I've had enough mud, etc. But I really have a poor back and have to take it very slow. Three operations on my lower back..........that's enough!

We caught two young coons in the homemade trap last week, they looked so cute but pitiful looking up and out the heavy screened door.......they walked,...or I should say ran! Have I said this...?...the mature coon before them chewed his way out, had to patch the floor. But the latest is (was) a ground hog eating away in the back yard. I kept waiting for him to get into the trap but nope! I snuck out with the shot gun and sent him to his eternal home. I "DID NOT" want him setting up housekeeping "under" the yard.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97282 May 5, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
Good Evening!
Perfect Sunday here! We took a little trip today and visited a beautiful lighthouse. It would be wonderful to travel around to take pics of all the lighthouses! We dropped $60 to take the ferry out to the island and it was worth every penny! The campground even had yurts to rent! A good day.
Ferry.. There is a ferry across Mobile Bay from Dauphin Island to Spanish Fort Alabama but I do not recall it costing anything. That is where (during the Civil War), Union Admiral David Farragut said "Damn the torpedoes (mines), Full steam ahead" and captured the Confederate port city. Later he also captured New Orleans and gained control of the Mississippi River with U.S. Grant's seige of Vicksburg on the river.

Mississippi Man had previously spoken about the town of Corinth, which was a key rail head on the Chattanooga-Memphis line with an intersection coming up from Mobile, Alabama. Interrupting the flow of goods with the capture of those 2 port cities, Vicksburg and Corinth was the beginning of the end for the Confederacy and allowed Sherman (who replaced the promoted Grant) to march south from Chattanooga to Atlanta and then on to the sea at Savannah, then north to Charleston and Columbia South Carolina where the secession first began. It is a very interesting area to visit and there is also a nice light house one can see on Tybee Island at Savannah.

A note on Southern humor... After Katrina some guy near Dauphin Island had put his rural mail box up on a 30 foot tall post and had attached a sign reading "For Air Mail" lol
Amaze

Booneville, KY

#97283 May 5, 2014
checking wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting in my bunker for the after shocks to pass.
LOL.
Tollesboro Guy

Nicholasville, KY

#97286 May 5, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> Ferry.. There is a ferry across Mobile Bay from Dauphin Island to Spanish Fort Alabama but I do not recall it costing anything. That is where (during the Civil War), Union Admiral David Farragut said "Damn the torpedoes (mines), Full steam ahead" and captured the Confederate port city. Later he also captured New Orleans and gained control of the Mississippi River with U.S. Grant's seige of Vicksburg on the river.
Mississippi Man had previously spoken about the town of Corinth, which was a key rail head on the Chattanooga-Memphis line with an intersection coming up from Mobile, Alabama. Interrupting the flow of goods with the capture of those 2 port cities, Vicksburg and Corinth was the beginning of the end for the Confederacy and allowed Sherman (who replaced the promoted Grant) to march south from Chattanooga to Atlanta and then on to the sea at Savannah, then north to Charleston and Columbia South Carolina where the secession first began. It is a very interesting area to visit and there is also a nice light house one can see on Tybee Island at Savannah.
A note on Southern humor... After Katrina some guy near Dauphin Island had put his rural mail box up on a 30 foot tall post and had attached a sign reading "For Air Mail" lol
AW,
We have a mailbox right down the street like that and I have seen another, somewhere on HWY 110 which runs from Ardmore, TN to Fayetteville, TN, right on the TN/AL line where we lived for many years. Little village with an intersection, two corner stores and a blinking caution light. Headed north from that intersection toward Coldwater, TN is the most beautiful 10 mile stretch of road where the trees form a perfect, covered arch in the summer. A little brook runs alongside the road and it is totally flat and straight. One of the prettiest stretch of road you could ever hope to see and I have traveled the back-roads of this great Republic for many years.
I love ferries and I am lucky enough, right here on the Ohio river, to live between two. A tugboat and barge runs year round from Augusta, KY to Ripley, OH. Not many cars, trucks at a time but he comes right back if there is a line. Worth waiting for, saves many miles from driving to the bridge. http://augustaky.com/ferry-cam-2/ They could have done this better but mildly interesting.
Perfect day to mow this monster lawn but by the time I get out of the office I am not going to want to tackle it. I screwed up, reached above my head with both arms and an angled pitchfork to rake some hay off the top level round bale and ripped the upper right nylon threads that hold my pain pump in place completely loose. Hurt like heck and now they will have to admit me to go in and sew it back again. I know better, wife was right there and said don't do it. So there's another birthday present for her 60th today. She gets to say "I told you!" Such is Life....

Location hidden

#97300 May 5, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
"""HEY EVERYBODY"" !!!....and Wolf, thanks for the "well wish'n." That tornado just "BARELY" missed us, it went thru a little to the south of us but we sure got the tail winds, lightning and rain. Once again, it blew our transformer out up there on the pole and flat fried our Comcast network. We had to wait so long because repairmen were so-o-o-o far behind because of the two recent storms. We had to buy another new modum for the computers but......here I am!

I finally got the galvanized piping taken in to the "bending" company for my hand rails along the sidewalk. They did a great job of bending the pieces like I wanted. Now, gotta assemble it all and set it in Sacrete.

The Belle and I bought enough man-made field stone to make a stone walk way to the storage shed. I've had enough mud, etc. But I really have a poor back and have to take it very slow. Three operations on my lower back..........that's enough!

We caught two young coons in the homemade trap last week, they looked so cute but pitiful looking up and out the heavy screened door.......they walked,...or I should say ran! Have I said this...?...the mature coon before them chewed his way out, had to patch the floor. But the latest is (was) a ground hog eating away in the back yard. I kept waiting for him to get into the trap but nope! I snuck out with the shot gun and sent him to his eternal home. I "DID NOT" want him setting up housekeeping "under" the yard.
Ah, the joys of spring !! You and belle have enough projects going on! I like the stone walk idea.. I brought home some Pennsylvania blue stone last fall.. Between my car and the truck bed i ended up with 50-60 sq feet! It's the trim pieces from larger cut stones but the price was right: free! It's different lengths and widths as well as different depths so it will be a giant puzzle to lay into a walkway. One of those "honey do" jobs. Lol.

The skunk nest problem seems to have disappeared while I was gone. Lol. His nice! I've not had to deal with groundhogs or raccoons but, knock on wood....I won't have any!

Location hidden

#97302 May 5, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Ferry.. There is a ferry across Mobile Bay from Dauphin Island to Spanish Fort Alabama but I do not recall it costing anything. That is where (during the Civil War), Union Admiral David Farragut said "Damn the torpedoes (mines), Full steam ahead" and captured the Confederate port city. Later he also captured New Orleans and gained control of the Mississippi River with U.S. Grant's seige of Vicksburg on the river.

Ferrys. Generally I like them!! The one car ferry we used to cross on in western KY is a little nerve wracking though, but we always made it across. The larger one we crossed the Mississippi River on was quite a bit larger and one time, I know the chain across the ramp opening was touching our bumper--we were that close to the edge! The ferry across Northumberland Strait was massive. Lower level held many semi trucks with trailers. The middle two decks held passenger cars and light trucks and the upper deck held benches for those wanting to bask in the sun. I don't remember the price for the smaller ferrys but that one was $40 round trip ( in 1992). Yesterday the ferry was $60 with our senior discount. It held around 20 cars and you couldn't see the water from the main deck as the metal walls were about 4 foot high and the metal ramps were lifted to cover the ramp opening. The island, Kelleys Island, has some natural glacial gorges that's very interesting. There's an ancient "Inscription Rock" from the Indians time, the houses were all unique --no cookie cutter houses there for sure !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tucker Trailer court 4 hr Power 2
What happened to Hannah Beard? (Nov '11) 5 hr I know where she is 5
greenville tourism 6 hr dhl 7
miranda bunch 10 hr island 14
Vickie Keith Sat Love life 10
Preschool/Daycare Sat nada 2
cody jackson Sat Ummm well 7
More from around the web

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE