Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81770 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96903 Apr 9, 2014
This is topic not airing out anything having a conversation talking about my stuff at 10:30 at night is my time to relax! Watch the news and answer all my emails and text messages! My gosh technology these days! Plus have so many pics to post! They do grow up fast and the vocabulary they have these days! Smart children I have they are so blessed to have such a hard working mother with a bright future for them! Thank gosh they won't pick up the dads habit!! lmao

Omg my tires hopefully they will be done by Easter the grandparent is getting 1 plus there favorite Aunt and the other relatives!

“The Ending Is....”

Since: Nov 13

Not Here

#96904 Apr 9, 2014
Thats great to make homemade items for keepsake. I know a gal who hates homemade stuff. She just doesn't understand the sentimental value of it all!
myohmy

Houston, TX

#96906 Apr 9, 2014
April 14th is Passover
Anne52

United States

#96915 Apr 10, 2014
Good evening bird threaders!! Busy day here! Visited my aunt for a short while this morning and, guess what!, no walker or cane! She's doing so much better! We are planning on a short trip later this summer-- one of those dinner train trips--should be enjoyable.
I planned to copy what Princess is doing with the tires but I'm bogged down with other stuff. Like the garage door won't open because the breaker in the electrical box has been "thrown" and I can't figure out why. Makes me crazy. Because I can't get the door open I can't get the lawn mower out soooo can't mow . I tried the release cord on the door but , well, why won't that work?? Sheesh!! So, I went shopping. Hahaha!
Anne52

United States

#96918 Apr 10, 2014
AW, I've got an egg question--rather a nutrition question about these ladies of mine. The egg shells are very thin...what do I need to add to their diet ??
AmericanDentalAs sociation

Corydon, KY

#96919 Apr 10, 2014
why not wrote:
test them for whatever the chemicals are found in meth! Or maybe west nile!
What an absolutely ignorant thing to interject into this conversation
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96920 Apr 11, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
AW, I've got an egg question--rather a nutrition question about these ladies of mine. The egg shells are very thin...what do I need to add to their diet ??
The main cause for an extremely thin egg shell is the lack of calcium, You can check with your local feed store for something with a higher level of calcium to add to their feed or water. I save my egg shells and crumble them up and feed them back to the hens along with all left over table scraps including any aged bread products. A packaged macaroni and cheese dinner is way too much for just me and my chickens love that and get it about once a week. When I give them table scraps, that is an additional treat not a replacement for scratch grains and layer pellets. I use the Dumor (Do more) brand of layer pellets. About the only thing you have to be careful with in feeding scraps, is to not give them raw potato peelings. Those are hard for them to digest. Cooked potatoes are okay.
Anne52

United States

#96921 Apr 11, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The main cause for an extremely thin egg shell is the lack of calcium, You can check with your local feed store for something with a higher level of calcium to add to their feed or water. I save my egg shells and crumble them up and feed them back to the hens along with all left over table scraps including any aged bread products. A packaged macaroni and cheese dinner is way too much for just me and my chickens love that and get it about once a week. When I give them table scraps, that is an additional treat not a replacement for scratch grains and layer pellets. I use the Dumor (Do more) brand of layer pellets. About the only thing you have to be careful with in feeding scraps, is to not give them raw potato peelings. Those are hard for them to digest. Cooked potatoes are okay.
Thanks. I will stop by the farm store this morning. I don't think they carry Dumor but I just bought a 40# bag of layer pellets the 4 hens have to eat their way through. There's gonna have to be a whole lotta eatin' goin' on! I give them some table scraps but there's not many as I eat out a lot . If I make up a box of Mac and cheese for everyone then its gone in one meal. Kids have a tendency to eat a lot if that stuff.... Lol

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#96923 Apr 11, 2014
Hmmm, I think I've solved my computer problem and hopefully I won't mess it up again! Now if I can only fix the garage door! Lol

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#96924 Apr 11, 2014
Good morning! I saw five UFOs last night! Then I realized I wasn't using my telescope correctly. Hahaha. Embarrassing.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#96925 Apr 11, 2014
I was like, "Dang! This place is covered up in UFOs!" I'm afraid I scared the girls at the tanning place. I guess I missed April's Fools by 10 days. If I had grandkids, what a funny story to tell them someday.
just in time

Tampa, FL

#96926 Apr 11, 2014
for Easter 10 baby rabbit.

“The Ending Is....”

Since: Nov 13

Not Here

#96927 Apr 11, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The main cause for an extremely thin egg shell is the lack of calcium, You can check with your local feed store for something with a higher level of calcium to add to their feed or water. I save my egg shells and crumble them up and feed them back to the hens along with all left over table scraps including any aged bread products. A packaged macaroni and cheese dinner is way too much for just me and my chickens love that and get it about once a week. When I give them table scraps, that is an additional treat not a replacement for scratch grains and layer pellets. I use the Dumor (Do more) brand of layer pellets. About the only thing you have to be careful with in feeding scraps, is to not give them raw potato peelings. Those are hard for them to digest. Cooked potatoes are okay.
I talked to a friend who has the roosters I told you about....she said crush egg shells bake them in oven and feed them back to the chickens to or you can get oyster shells. Hope this helps.
what

Harrisburg, IL

#96929 Apr 11, 2014
that sounds like cannibalism
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96930 Apr 11, 2014
bestguest wrote:
<quoted text>
I talked to a friend who has the roosters I told you about....she said crush egg shells bake them in oven and feed them back to the chickens to or you can get oyster shells. Hope this helps.
It was Anne that had the question regarding thin egg shells, but Thanks anyways. I do not have that problem.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#96932 Apr 11, 2014
Lol. I bought some of the crushed oyster shells for my hens hoping that'll thicken up the egg shells. Wonder how long it'll take 4 hens to do away with a 50#bag of that stuff? Lol

AW, I guess you're still working on your construction projects. Last report was you were collecting up materials to add onto your deck. I collect up project materials also. There's about 600 brick pavers. A couple hundred fire brick. Some sections of a mobile home frame that will be a small deck frame . I collected up about a dozen 30" concrete culvert and boy, oh, boy did that come in handy!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96935 Apr 12, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
Lol. I bought some of the crushed oyster shells for my hens hoping that'll thicken up the egg shells. Wonder how long it'll take 4 hens to do away with a 50#bag of that stuff? Lol
AW, I guess you're still working on your construction projects. Last report was you were collecting up materials to add onto your deck. I collect up project materials also. There's about 600 brick pavers. A couple hundred fire brick. Some sections of a mobile home frame that will be a small deck frame . I collected up about a dozen 30" concrete culvert and boy, oh, boy did that come in handy!
I feed 250 pounds of feed per month to 40 chickens, so with only 4 hens or 10% as many hens, they would eat about 25 pounds if that was all you fed them. But since it is a supplement, my guess is that it will last 6 to 8 months. lol
My property runs up a small incline from my back door, so my deck is 24 inches off the ground at the door level and even with the ground at the upper level. So that I can go up steps at my back door and up onto the deck and then walk out off the deck to the more level ground to the chicken house about 50 yards away. That eliminates me from having to climb the incline in winter ice and snow carrying water buckets and feed. But only climb the steps that are under roof.
The only problems with that are that the free ranging chickens can get on the deck from the upper side and wander around leaving choice morsels all over my deck furniture lol and the dog can go under the deck on the lower side and get into mud and track it on into the house at the back door.
I collected used decking from a deck I first tore down for a person who was no longer able to use their deck, brought it home and spent many hours removing old nails and screws and then placed the time weathered decking in a vertical position to essentially build a stockade around the deck lol instead of buying privacy panels. Cost in money... zero. Cost in effort.. one hard week lol
Rebecca in Flatwoods

Lynn, MA

#96936 Apr 12, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> It was Anne that had the question regarding thin egg shells, but Thanks anyways. I do not have that problem.
I want a serious conversation. I am a very inteligent woman with a lot of money, 76 years old and I do need challenge my brain with people as intelligent as I am.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96937 Apr 12, 2014
Rebecca in Flatwoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I want a serious conversation. I am a very inteligent woman with a lot of money, 76 years old and I do need challenge my brain with people as intelligent as I am.
But do you own a boat? LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96940 Apr 12, 2014
Everyone brightens up the room... some by coming in and some by leaving. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who did you rat on? 2 hr hmm 3
Brad neal. 2 hr Realtalk 1
Muhlenberg County Social Services 4 hr FLORIDA GIRL 8
Muhlenberg truth 22 hr Well 17
County or city officials Jun 26 notanofficial 2
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) Jun 25 Ole Jed 645
car detail Jun 22 Interested 9
More from around the web

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE