Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
81,001 - 81,020 of 81,588 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 20

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

Spring will be here tomorrow, for today so much to do, antiques shopping for the old glass windows, the children decorate them, plus need to get the Easter stuff outside and need to make a wreathe out of burlap. Sun is shining and the birds are chirping! Have a great sunny day!
Anne52

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2014

--and , AW, I'm sure you noticed I put nothing down for me.. Lol. Yesterday around bowling green on I65 there was a car headed north with a red UofL flag and red paint on one side and a blue UK flag and paint on the other. They called themselves "car divided". Lol. Like you, my money supports neither. Lol. There's a lot of elementary educators running around here today and I wish I had the time to browse through their booths . Homeschooling booths abound. That's something I wish I had been able to do for my kids.
Oh, well, maybe in my next life.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

Judged:

After a long day, I fell asleep with the tv going and just now woke up with Rommel and Montgomery going at it near El Alamein in North Africa.

It was WW2 all over again in my bedroom.... Big Bertha was rocking my bed... the Howitzers.... not the woman... LOL
hello

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

Well I am sad too report that my grandbabies got on the plane today. I will miss them dearly. Now I need to have productive days to get caught up on the cleaning and yard work. I have a little flower garden I need to tend to and take pictures to share with the grandchildren as they helped makes this colorful garden. We had a great time but I am thankful for the time now to rest. Weather is going to be in the 80's this coming week so I will enjoy that!

@Mississippi Man how is that toe of yours doing? Much better I hope!

Bless all of you and have a wonderful week!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2014

hello wrote:
@Mississippi Man how is that toe of yours doing? Much better I hope!
First,.....thank you so much for asking. It is a lot better, still soaking it every night in Epsom Salts and changing the bandage. Will see the Doc Tues. week. But I'm out and about and doing as I want to pretty well. I'm sure ya all have been plagued with them as well and it is nothing short of amazing how something that little can hurt so BAD when they cut,......but they sure are FAST, I mean. Wow.......they gotta be.!.LOL.

You have probably said but where in Florida do you live? I've been only to Fort Walton Beach so I don't know much about your state at all. You got any 'gators or those big "wrap-around-breed of snakes near you?
Anne52

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2014

Judged:

What a day!! Judging from
The silence on here I'm guessing absolutely everyone had a busy day! This weather is just too good and it feels wonderful to be outside! The neighbor guys put the barn quilt on the barn this evening and I do believe it looks good!! They seemed to like it and that's a good thing because it faces their property! Lol!! Grand kids are back in school after a great week at their dads. It's good to have them back though!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Anne52 wrote:
What a day!! Judging from
The silence on here I'm guessing absolutely everyone had a busy day! This weather is just too good and it feels wonderful to be outside! The neighbor guys put the barn quilt on the barn this evening and I do believe it looks good!! They seemed to like it and that's a good thing because it faces their property! Lol!! Grand kids are back in school after a great week at their dads. It's good to have them back though!!
The silence in here is because the fruitcakes are also busy digging post holes LOL

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Hi, I am new to this thread- I am from "up north" originally but have lived in East TN/SE KY area for around 18 years.

My life is far from dull but no one would believe me if I told you why. Haha.

I am looking forward to opening up this freezing cold building for the Big Warm Up. My bones have been too cold for too long.
Anne52

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

UghWhoIsItThen wrote:
Hi, I am new to this thread- I am from "up north" originally but have lived in East TN/SE KY area for around 18 years.

My life is far from dull but no one would believe me if I told you why. Haha.

I am looking forward to opening up this freezing cold building for the Big Warm Up. My bones have been too cold for too long.
Hello, it's been rather silent around here lately, but the core group is a nice bunch of friendly people. To join in just be congenial... So, you've got my interest with your "life is far from dull" etc. lol. Anyway, hope you have a great night !
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

@ Anne........Say, have you been ignoring the last portion of my post #96684? Just try'n again. And you can still tell me to..........
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Anne........Say, have you been ignoring the last portion of my post #96684? Just try'n again. And you can still tell me to..........
Not Anne, but that post got deleted from my screen.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Not Anne, but that post got deleted from my screen.
I don't see it anymore either....

Thanks,
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Not Anne, but that post got deleted from my screen.
I think that the Mods are human also and sometimes things not intended get tossed aside with molded fruitcakes. LOL Another fine day to be working on outside projects with only a slight chance of rain. Good day to all....
Anne52

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Mississippi Man wrote:
*sigh* I didn't find it either .... What was your question? Oh, my crazy life? I remember you asking about that and I did answer.. Really lol! Better half works in different locations. He spent a couple years about 750 miles from home. For now He's only 5 hours from the house. That's much better. Yes I can travel and move around with him and that is rather fun. I enjoy the different towns and festivals. It's a rather crazy life and pretty nomadic. But I've stayed busy at home.. Well, I was general contractor on the house and I try to Keep up with maintenance . My "important" fun things are my g'kids, the rowboat, 4 hens, and traveling. I'd like to say I can do it all, but that's far from the truth:-(
Yesterday? We moved about 600 paving blocks from the trailer to a pallet --by hand , and pulled some log cabin logs onto the trailer and then quit for the day to start after school family life . Today? No hard labor other than laundry and dishes lol
Anne52

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Hello everyone! FYI, I still can't get this iPhone to do right so I'm going through the topix app which uses an old registered name. That's why my name is not blue and the avatar isn't there. The app doesn't show the posting number etc.. So it's very limited! Yesterday was wonderful, wasnt it? Hope all of you have a great day!
Anne52

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I think that the Mods are human also and sometimes things not intended get tossed aside with molded fruitcakes. LOL Another fine day to be working on outside projects with only a slight chance of rain. Good day to all....
Had a little rain earlier but it finally stopped and its pretty warm now!! Yay! Maybe, just maybe, its going to be a beautiful spring!
Anne52

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't see it anymore either....

Thanks,
Hello! Hope you've been enjoying this fine weather!! Took a whirl around the pond and its perfect out there. I do need to buy some pond chemicals :-( for unwanted weeds! Later....
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Had a little rain earlier but it finally stopped and its pretty warm now!! Yay! Maybe, just maybe, its going to be a beautiful spring!
No rain here and I have been out tearing down a 12 by 18 foot deck and bringing home a flat bed trailer load of used decking, posts, and joists to rework and add to my own deck. I recycle just about anything useable. Also dropped the bush hog off the tractor and installed the 5 foot long tiller to the PTO drive and will be tilling my corn field and bean patch in a few more days if it does not rain too much. A great day to be alive and outside. GOD is good !!! Maybe with resting for the remainder of the day, this old body will be able to start on the carpentry work tomorrow.
lol

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

boring day. not where i wanted to be at all. would much rather have been on a boat on a lake.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

My night and today is craxy! Working trying to turn the garden move the Easter stuff from the basement to the first floor. Big party this Saturday and I haven't even painted my tires yet. I did go through all the clothes and shoes! Now a trip to the Good Will!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr UidiotRaceMakeWor... 150,268
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) 6 hr upset teacher 230
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 7 hr well 16,127
Nathan Johnson 10 hr Oh my 31
Amber Brown is a rat! 18 hr doug 5
Cain Shuttleworth Fri Wally_1996 5
Kendall Wininger (Feb '14) Thu thatface 8

Search the Greenville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Greenville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••