Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81695 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95985 Feb 16, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Wolf.........hey, hoss, sounds "Shake, Rattle and Roll" is gonna be a side effect of those beans!...LOL. Whadayado, buy ya a ham bone from the butcher or rob "dog?" .(just poke'n at ya)
I've been absent for a week cause I caught a bug. I believe it was one a them "turd-tumblers" we used to see out in the pasture, ya know. He got down in my innerds and had a square dance and musta been wear'n some of Miss E's high heel sneakers! I coulda handled just him but I think he bought in his whole fam damily. But I'm fine now! Don't ever wanna hear of chicken noodle soup ever again.!
@ Anne.......Lady, you sure do like to travel some I'll say. But just hang'n around the hut does get some boring. I wish you a great time and a safe return.
Naw, it was a frozen ham bone from my Christmas County Ham and my beans have been in the crock pot for several hours. But I will wait until after Church today to whoop up some corn pone since it would not be quite appropriate to have my backside singing "Bringing in the Cheese" and not sure that when they kneel for prayers exactly what they would be praying for or if I could harmonize with the "Amens".
Sorry you caught that old "turd-tumbler". We always called them "Doodle Bugs" but I have not seen any of those in several years but then again I have not been out wandering among the cow paddies or the horse apples lately. I drank some rotgut back on my 21st birthday and was sick for 3 days, then went to the greasy spoon restaurant and ordered some of that chicken noodle soup and when it came out with the grease floating on top I was sick for 3 more days. So for the last umpteen years I have been able to avoid the rotgut whiskey and the chicken noodle soup and especially the soup. LOL
Anne

United States

#95986 Feb 16, 2014
:( can't sleep
Upsurge heart

United States

#95987 Feb 16, 2014
Anne wrote:
Me either !
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95988 Feb 16, 2014
Anne wrote:
I already did for 8 hours but I went to bed right after the chickens went to roost and now Dog has heard the roosters crowing and decided that we needed to go out to the tree. More snow out there and dog went without my company but he did not stay long.
Anne

United States

#95989 Feb 16, 2014
Upsurge heart wrote:
<quoted text>
Me either !
well counting sheep hasn't helped so I'am at a loss. Maybe it's my conscious lol. What is your story my friend? Hope you get yourself a little sleep friend.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95990 Feb 16, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text> well counting sheep hasn't helped so I'am at a loss. Maybe it's my conscious lol. What is your story my friend? Hope you get yourself a little sleep friend.
Wonder why they always wanted to count sheep? Why not count pigs or goats ? We had some of those to count but would have had to borrow the sheep. LOL
Anne

United States

#95991 Feb 16, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Wonder why they always wanted to count sheep? Why not count pigs or goats ? We had some of those to count but would have had to borrow the sheep. LOL
Well, AW, be aware of wolves in sheeps clothing! My iPhone isn't using United States as my location right now... So, someone's up to a little mischief!
Anne

United States

#95992 Feb 16, 2014
Anne wrote:
Hey, "Anne"! It was only 10pm my time when you posted this! Why would I be worried about not being able to sleep at that hour? Lol.:-)
Upsurge heart

United States

#95993 Feb 16, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, AW, be aware of wolves in sheeps clothing! My iPhone isn't using United States as my location right now... So, someone's up to a little mischief!
Hmmm
Anne

United States

#95994 Feb 16, 2014
I really would appreciate it if you wouldn't try to pose as me. AW we go way back so yeah someone's playing games. You know yourself that this old iPhone I've never be able to keep track of where it's always saying I'am posting from. Well going to try to sleep once again. Goodnight friends!
Visitor

United States

#95995 Feb 16, 2014
Just a idea here! Why don't the ones that usually uses this just register so there won't be any confusion? And I'am not seeing any information on dying birds so wtf is this anyways??
Upsurge heart

United States

#95997 Feb 16, 2014
Visitor wrote:
Just a idea here! Why don't the ones that usually uses this just register so there won't be any confusion? And I'am not seeing any information on dying birds so wtf is this anyways??
Great idea !!!! But I do have one for here . But you the person wouldn't talk to me anyway !
Visitor

United States

#95998 Feb 16, 2014
Upsurge heart wrote:
<quoted text>
Great idea !!!! But I do have one for here . But you the person wouldn't talk to me anyway !
huh?? Btw you must think you know who I am but I can assure you that you do not. Sure I'd talk with you as long as you don't act as stupid as your last couple post. Good morning all I hope everyone has a great day it's time for some green tea then it's yoga time!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95999 Feb 16, 2014
I will skip the yoga. I have been up the hill to the chicken house 3 times already to feed and water and replace the water feed light bulb that keeps the water from being ice. Now it is off to church to Thank GOD for all my blessings and being alive and able to make it up to the chicken house.

Besides, I lost an old school mate this week that was 4 years younger then me and he did not even have a chicken house to keep him active. We also lost Ralph Waite this week..(John Walton) who's acting role displayed a faith in the ALMIGHTY that is/was depicted to be about the same as mine in that GOD is everywhere and not just in a building following man-made rules of social conformity; but HE can be found wherever we wish to look.. especially in the solitude of the trees and the admiration of all the critters provided to us. Good day to all.
boom

Indianapolis, IN

#96000 Feb 16, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Just 3 more for your 5 dozen.
Thank you. I finally made it to 4 dozen yesterday afternoon. The 21 ladies layed 13 eggs yesterday and one was still thinking about it but I couldn't wait on her. I'm glad the laying is picking up because demand is too. Hopefully no more frozen eggs.
Anne

United States

#96002 Feb 16, 2014
boom wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. I finally made it to 4 dozen yesterday afternoon. The 21 ladies layed 13 eggs yesterday and one was still thinking about it but I couldn't wait on her. I'm glad the laying is picking up because demand is too. Hopefully no more frozen eggs.
You are getting quite a few eggs in this cold weather so you're doing something right!
Frozen eggs: I've had a couple of those! They were so frozen they split open. There's been a few so very cold I wondered if they were frozen also. Right or wrong I threw the frozen egg on the ground and the ladies gobbled it up.
Anne

United States

#96003 Feb 16, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I will skip the yoga. I have been up the hill to the chicken house 3 times already to feed and water and replace the water feed light bulb that keeps the water from being ice. Now it is off to church to Thank GOD for all my blessings and being alive and able to make it up to the chicken house.

Besides, I lost an old school mate this week that was 4 years younger then me and he did not even have a chicken house to keep him active. We also lost Ralph Waite this week..(John Walton) who's acting role displayed a faith in the ALMIGHTY that is/was depicted to be about the same as mine in that GOD is everywhere and not just in a building following man-made rules of social conformity; but HE can be found wherever we wish to look.. especially in the solitude of the trees and the admiration of all the critters provided to us. Good day to all.
I'm sorry about your loss. God IS everywhere and it is right that we meet with others for encouragement and to give encouragement to those that are going through rough patches in life. It is good to be with those that believe as we do. The trees/flowers/animals all give proof of Gods greatness. How Marvelous!
boom

Indianapolis, IN

#96004 Feb 16, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting quite a few eggs in this cold weather so you're doing something right!
Frozen eggs: I've had a couple of those! They were so frozen they split open. There's been a few so very cold I wondered if they were frozen also. Right or wrong I threw the frozen egg on the ground and the ladies gobbled it up.
I doubt if I had much to do with it. Chickens lay pretty good through their first winter and my oldest ones won't be a year old until next month. There's a group younger than them and they're laying the best. I'll probably start another bunch so somebody will be laying next winter too.

Those frozen eggs are odd. When they freeze the shell splits but when they thaw out the shell goes right back together and you probably wouldn't even know the shell had been split. If the membrane wasn't broke I ate those too. I did feed one to the dog. Pretty funny, he chewed on it like a bone. lol Now and then a few got broke because of the shell already being cracked. I eat the ones that are a little damaged or their looks might turn somebody else off. The rest the family eats or are sold or gave away.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96005 Feb 16, 2014
@Boom and Anne.. I only made it with 4 1/2 dozen for 4 days. If an egg is just dented, I save those for myself. But any that are frozen or cracked, I do not throw back to the chickens. I may be wrong but I don't want them to develop a habit of eating their eggs and I pitch those few into the creek to wash downstream for other critters.

I rarely get frozen eggs anyways. I sit around getting bored and wind up going up the hill several times a day just to get outside for a while and most often my eggs are still warm. LOL .
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96006 Feb 16, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Boom and Anne.. I only made it with 4 1/2 dozen for 4 days. If an egg is just dented, I save those for myself. But any that are frozen or cracked, I do not throw back to the chickens. I may be wrong but I don't want them to develop a habit of eating their eggs and I pitch those few into the creek to wash downstream for other critters.
I rarely get frozen eggs anyways. I sit around getting bored and wind up going up the hill several times a day just to get outside for a while and most often my eggs are still warm. LOL .
Typo correction.... It was just 3 1/2 dozen for the 4 days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tiffany miller (May '14) 9 hr Jim 52
dawn hensley tacky photo (Feb '16) 11 hr TOI 53
Auto and truck repair Sun I know 4
camper fire Sep 24 just a girl 6
Mitch Latham Cowardboy Sep 24 Yoyo 1
Clowns Sep 23 really? 11
Whitney Hensley (Oct '10) Sep 23 Misty Rae 24

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance