Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
80,401 - 80,420 of 81,566 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago
Anne

Battletown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

Good evening everyone!! We're getting hit with this winter storm tonight and there's no school tomorrow. Will they have any summer vacation at all? Sheesh!
Our bags are packed and we're headed out on a little vacation in a day or so. I've got the last minute nerves going on and I'm starting to be a basket case!
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

may the bird of paradise fly up your nose
Anne

Battletown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Lol, qwerty!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2014

Judged:

"R A I N , R A I N, and some mo' rain, I mean all day long, Tues.! " Mighty good thing the temp isn't dropping any lower or this entire area would be a hew-mong-ous ice skate'n rink.

@Anne.....I wish you and yours a very pleasant time but where in the world are you headed for? Not the north-east, I'll bet. LOL

@ Wolf.......You probably noticed but that empty-headed yo-yo clicked on Reply at my post in a desperate but failed effort to degrade you. No sense at all. For my part,......he's history!
Birds

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

It's a sign from god!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

Mississippi Man wrote:
"R A I N , R A I N, and some mo' rain, I mean all day long, Tues.! " Mighty good thing the temp isn't dropping any lower or this entire area would be a hew-mong-ous ice skate'n rink.
@Anne.....I wish you and yours a very pleasant time but where in the world are you headed for? Not the north-east, I'll bet. LOL
@ Wolf.......You probably noticed but that empty-headed yo-yo clicked on Reply at my post in a desperate but failed effort to degrade you. No sense at all. For my part,......he's history!
I have that hew-mong-ous skate'n rink and wished I had saved my old football cleats (more shoes lol) for walking up the hill to the chicken house this morning. I do have treaded boots. I don't have that old car hood that we used to ride back over the hill in "the-day". It was such great fun until I got to going so fast that I crossed the road and wound up in the icy creek LOL

Yes, I noticed that deperate yo-yo's failed attempt. at not only myself, but also at Miss E. I do not intend to "Cast any more pearls before swine" and his nonsense is futile. I recently saw a variation on our old Sunday School song that says "JESUS knows me, this I love".
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

qwerty wrote:
may the bird of paradise fly up your nose
Little Jimmy Dickens ????... May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose. May an elephant caress you with his toes ... LOL (or something like that)
birdy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Dead birds live again
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> Little Jimmy Dickens ????... May your wife be plagued with runners in her hose. May an elephant caress you with his toes ... LOL (or something like that)
Lil jim is right. A lot of others covered the song but I think he did it best.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Interesting night and day.. I had to cut on a tree that had iced over and fallen and blocked my road so I could get out. It had uprooted from a higher level bank and was arched over the road, so I cut off the lower limbs and drove under the arches... Not McDonald's or St. Louis. lol

Anne

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Mississippi Man wrote:
Anne.....I wish you and yours a very pleasant time but where in the world are you headed for? Not the north-east, I'll bet. LOL
Ha! 8 inches of snow here!! Bleh ! This morning at home we had to chop 2 inches of ice from the car before we left. Mostly snow here... And yes, so far, we did head north.. The beginning of our winter adventure .
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2014

Judged:

@ Wolf...... I can sure appreciate your sleigh riding. As the years pass I think of all the fun we had and so little to do it with. But in later years we three younger boys would all pile on that red Light'ning sled and just go ta gett'n it down that long hill behind the house. Sometimes it would sleet after the snow and if it was cold enough, the sled runners would literally race on the top of the ice....WOW..! We'd go nearly 1/4 mile back to what was left of an old abandoned saw mill. At the bottom of the hill was a sharp curve.... to miss a deep creek! We did our best to train our dogs Scamp and Spud to pull the sled back but they didn't quite agree to that.! Boy, was that some fun..........Probably like others, I think of kids of today with their TV, video games, computers, etc., they don't even know..........

Oh, and what was that game in the snow called ........in the snow, we'd pack a great big wheel with spokes and a hub and chased each other around,....something like tag but you were "safe" in the hub.....can't remember now.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

@MM I don't know the last game you spoke about and we never had a sled with runners, but in addition to riding that old Plymouth car hood turned up side down over the snowy hill in the winter, we had plenty of snow ball fights.

Summer included climbing inside an old worn out truck tire and rolling over the hill in that thing. We had seen a television at the Western Auto store and even though we could not run jump on the back of a horse like Hop-along-Cassidy or the Cisco Kid; we hemmed up some donkeys in a barn and tried jumping out of the hayloft onto the back of the donkeys Oops... lol Winter snowball fights were replaced with wet corn cob fights..... It is a wonder that we even survived all that FUN!!.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

We had also seen Tarzan at the Western Auto store, and my sister thought she ought to be Jane and swing on a grapevine over a gully. When the grapevine broke and she landed on a stump, it was our first visit to a Hospital. That cast on her arm was so neat!!... We all got to write on it.
whoever is reading this

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

don't forget to smile today!!
Anne

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

Good morning!!! Ice and snow, again.
:-(
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

A bird in the hand is worth......well.......not much.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Judged:

qwerty wrote:
A bird in the hand is worth......well.......not much.
But two in the bush is an interesting thought to ponder!
Good Morning Qwerty
not pam

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
But two in the bush is an interesting thought to ponder!
Good Morning Qwerty
See, this is good, lots of people to chat with and become friends with here! Just don't hit them with the troop of alts or you'll annoy them, too.
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2014

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Interesting night and day.. I had to cut on a tree that had iced over and fallen and blocked my road so I could get out. It had uprooted from a higher level bank and was arched over the road, so I cut off the lower limbs and drove under the arches... Not McDonald's or St. Louis. lol

Sometimes a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Greenville Forum right now

Search the Greenville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min DITCH MITCH 146,156
Who is Suzanne Lamb? (Nov '12) 1 hr Christ is King 10
Cate Baize 2 hr BOB 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr thispost1912 1,011
how to get away with not paying child support. (Sep '10) 3 hr be real 124
i know 8 hr wtf 2
Happy Fathers Day 9 hr guest 88
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greenville Jobs

•••