Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,634

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Anne

New Salisbury, IN

#95402 Jan 14, 2014
Lol. Hey, guys, I was just teasing with you about your cars and lady friends. Just wanted to tickle you with a feather not jab you with a sword. Sorry if you felt a sword. It's hard sometimes to convey laughing and sparkling eyes through a post. lol no offence intended heeheehee

We keep $500 deductible on all our vehicles and at this point in time everything has full coverage. I am fairly loyal to an insurance company and had coverage with one in particular for 20+ years. However, every 6-7 years I take the time to insurance shop to be sure my company is still the best buy for us. I won't change companies for a hundred or two difference but will if the difference is more. I also prefer a local agent over an internet company because i like seeing faces and the personal touch. Usually our homeowners/auto is with the same and that also creates bigger discounts.
Insurance story: while doing some shopping in town, my '05 focus shut down as if someone had pulled out the electric cord on a running vacumn cleaner--a gradual running down. I pulled into a parking lot, called AAA and also the local car rental. I drove off in the rental van (they had no cars available) when AAA towed off the car. I finished my errands and headed home. A quarter mile from the house a BIG turkey flew from the side ditch and I had no alternative but to hit it. Cost $1,800 to get that van fixed. had to replace the grill, hood, and radiator.(yeah, my insurance company paid it)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95403 Jan 14, 2014
Anne wrote:
Lol. Hey, guys, I was just teasing with you about your cars and lady friends. Just wanted to tickle you with a feather not jab you with a sword. Sorry if you felt a sword. It's hard sometimes to convey laughing and sparkling eyes through a post. lol no offence intended heeheehee
To quote Chief Dan George in his role of Lone Watie in the movie "The OutLaw Josie Wells"... "none taken".
Anne

United States

#95404 Jan 14, 2014
Ladies, ladies! Don't leave me here alone with these guys!!! Us girls gotta stick together!!! Lol Hope alls well with you and yours....
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95405 Jan 14, 2014
Morning dishes getting washed here. Hehe. The sun is peeking over the hill. Supposed to be in the 50's today. Hope, every one gets to enjoy it. The clouds are keeping up their dance. Hopefully, the rain will subside for awhile. Sure got plenty yesterday. Yippeekiae, gotta get to the housework. Toodles;)
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95407 Jan 14, 2014
@ Anne........as in the Johnny Cash song, "Don't think twice,...it's all right."

I think we've got a haint in the back yard. Last night about 2:30 we both heard something outside. She pulled her Glok and checked out the front porch area and decided the noise was coming from the back. So we both grabbed flash lights to go out and when I turned on the four flood lights, why,....the noise just stopped! We went on out, checked all the shop and storage shed doors and windows, all was fine! Today, Tues., in the daylight I couldn't find anything abnormal but it just sounded like someone had a small board or stick and was trying to break open a wooden box. I've got a wooden live-trap box that I built sitting out there behind some bushes and just knew that another coon or possum was in there but not so. It's not but 9:07 right now so "whatever or whoever" may return later in the night.........and I may check it out with a shot gun.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95409 Jan 14, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Anne........as in the Johnny Cash song, "Don't think twice,...it's all right."
I think we've got a haint in the back yard. Last night about 2:30 we both heard something outside. She pulled her Glok and checked out the front porch area and decided the noise was coming from the back. So we both grabbed flash lights to go out and when I turned on the four flood lights, why,....the noise just stopped! We went on out, checked all the shop and storage shed doors and windows, all was fine! Today, Tues., in the daylight I couldn't find anything abnormal but it just sounded like someone had a small board or stick and was trying to break open a wooden box. I've got a wooden live-trap box that I built sitting out there behind some bushes and just knew that another coon or possum was in there but not so. It's not but 9:07 right now so "whatever or whoever" may return later in the night.........and I may check it out with a shot gun.
It's not a haint, just Credence Clearwater doing:
Just got home from Illinois,
Lock the front door, oh boy
Doo, doo, doo, Looking out my back door

There's a giant doing cartwheels
A statue wearing high heels
Look at all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn
A dinosaur Victrola listening to Buck Owens
Doo, doo, doo, Looking out my back door.
Ben

Richmond, KY

#95410 Jan 15, 2014
what happened to the bird topic lol
Anne

United States

#95411 Jan 15, 2014
MM: did you find your 'haint'? Sometimes things aren't as they seem, you know. One night---way in the night--there was a tremendous racket at the outside corner of the bedroom. Checking it out we found the neighbors dog had gotten loose and was dragging the 20 ft chain behind him. The chain was bouncing around the downspout as the dog went around the corner of the house.!! Sure catches your attention at 2 am!
Anne

United States

#95413 Jan 15, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It's not a haint, just Credence Clearwater doing:
Just got home from Illinois,
Lock the front door, oh boy
Doo, doo, doo, Looking out my back door

There's a giant doing cartwheels
A statue wearing high heels
Look at all the happy creatures dancing on the lawn
A dinosaur Victrola listening to Buck Owens
Doo, doo, doo, Looking out my back door.
Doo,doo,doo lookin out my back door... That CCR song is now stuck in my head. Lol
num

Pikeville, KY

#95415 Jan 15, 2014
hmm
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95416 Jan 15, 2014
Ben wrote:
We talk about everything else while the old Wolf Man is doing his part to propigate the fowl when he is not on Topix, taking care of his dog, watching westerns, cooking, eating, and generally enjoying retirement at the old homestead in the boondocks...... He is getting eggs ready for the incubator.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95417 Jan 16, 2014
also has a bad case of Miss Efont withdrawal. Wonder if Qwerty coated his monkey bars with cosmoline?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95418 Jan 16, 2014
Ben wrote:
..........what birds....??

@ Wolf..........
It may well have been CCR as you say but I more liken it to be.......

Well, he flew from the tree and he lit on the ground,
Then he started to rock, a really rock'n around.
I heard him say in a voice so rough,.....
I woudn't eat you cause you're too tough.

It was a one eyed, one horned, Fly'n Purple ..........

(tell the truth now, how many remember that one?)
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95419 Jan 16, 2014
Anne wrote:
MM: did you find your 'haint'? Sure catches your attention at 2 am!
I'll bet that chain you mentioned really did make a racket in the night. But,........no, we haven't for sure found out what it was we heard. Thought it was the neighbor ladies dogs that had gotten out of their pen but she said she had them both in the house. So far, the best I can come up with is her horse pasture fence is on the west side of our back yard. Sometimes when horses get playful or bored they'll nudge, toss, push or nose around anything that will move or make a noice like a plastic bucket. She has three horses, maybe that's what we heard,.......dunno, but haven't heard it since.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95420 Jan 16, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>the old Wolf Man is doing his part to propigate
" YOU DO THAT AND YOU'LL HAVE TO CLEAN IT UP !! "
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95421 Jan 16, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a one eyed, one horned, Fly'n Purple ..........
(tell the truth now, how many remember that one?)
It was a one eyed, one horned, Fly'n Purple people eater
Pigeon toed, under growed, Fly'n Purple people eater...
Well it flew around and it lit on a tree
I said Mister Purple people eater "Don't eat me"

or it could have been... Alley Oop, oop, oop, oop, oop:
There's a man in the funny papers we all know
He lived a way back a long time ago

or it might have been... Ahad, the Arab
The sheik of the burning sand
He wore a big old turban wrapped around his head
and a semital (??) by his side
and every night about midnight, he'd jump on his camel named Clyde
and ride, ride through the night to the Sultan's tent...

And there he saw Fatima, the Queen of the Seven Bells
and there she lay in all her radiant beauty
eaten a grape, a pomeganet, and sipping on a R o C coca cola
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95422 Jan 16, 2014
@ Wolf........hey, you either did several searches, played your old records or have one good memory. I believe you about got 'em all that time. How about a song called "Miller's Cave?" Your arther-itis do'n better on that piano? My right wrist is painful some and I've sent off for a nice looking copper/magnet wrist band........like the dead man again,...may not help but it sure won't hurt.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95423 Jan 16, 2014
No searches, just memory that fails sometimes. Fatima was the Queen of Seven Veils, not Bells. I do not do piano anymore, it has turned into "pain-o". Watkin's liniment from Tractor Supply (Grandpa bought it from a peddler) is the best relief I can get. Miller's Cave does sound familiar,
Anne

United States

#95424 Jan 16, 2014
I found an old VHS movie of the " flyin purple people eater " at a yard sale. Cost a whole quarter I believe
Anne

Duluth, GA

#95425 Jan 16, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
No searches, just memory that fails sometimes. Fatima was the Queen of Seven Veils, not Bells. I do not do piano anymore, it has turned into "pain-o". Watkin's liniment from Tractor Supply (Grandpa bought it from a peddler) is the best relief I can get. Miller's Cave does sound familiar,
I remember the Watkins man coming to our house . His car was loaded down! The trunk was full and so was every possible inside space. Mom bought her spices and flavorings from him. Liniments and various other items also. Another "peddler" was the greeting card lady with a trunk full of boxed cards. I loved standing by the back of the car while grandma looked through the assortment of Christmas, birthday, get well and others . To this day I enjoy sending greeting cards!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maverick Browning? 8 min wow! 5
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Limbertwig 153,366
Kelsey Hart 49 min Bob fan 17
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Kentucky 4,751
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) 1 hr amazed 345
Wendy Michelle Bowling 1 hr who cares 3
Steven Riley 2 hr jen 1
chad watson 5 hr John Q. Public 25
•••
•••
•••

Greenville Jobs

•••
•••