Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81698 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

Fort Wayne, IN

#94779 Dec 11, 2013
No breakfast for me this morning. Chili and a cheeseburger for lunch though.
My chickens are faring quite well this winter, knock on wood. In the last few days I've managed to hit 2 or 3 birds flying in front of my car so I've wondered if the cold weather is affecting them. Maybe I'm driving too fast on these country roads...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94783 Dec 11, 2013
Anne wrote:
No breakfast for me this morning. Chili and a cheeseburger for lunch though.
My chickens are faring quite well this winter, knock on wood. In the last few days I've managed to hit 2 or 3 birds flying in front of my car so I've wondered if the cold weather is affecting them. Maybe I'm driving too fast on these country roads...
Actually. I lied. It was a left over biscuit (or two), covered in sausage gravy and adorned with a platter of hen fruits. LOL
Blue shoes

Lynchburg, VA

#94784 Dec 11, 2013
I wondered why this thread was still active,so I finally checked. I see it has become something of a Facebook for some of you, lol .never seen that before, enjoy
Anne

Paris, TN

#94785 Dec 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Actually. I lied. It was a left over biscuit (or two), covered in sausage gravy and adorned with a platter of hen fruits. LOL
Liar, liar,
Pants on fire...
Lol.
Anne

Paris, TN

#94786 Dec 11, 2013
Blue shoes wrote:
I wondered why this thread was still active,so I finally checked. I see it has become something of a Facebook for some of you, lol .never seen that before, enjoy
Well, Blue shoes, you are most welcome to join in. We're a pretty diverse group and there's a lot of different topics. We respect each other and no one is a bully but..... there is a lot of bull !

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94787 Dec 11, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Liar, liar,
Pants on fire...
Lol.
Liar, Liar
Pants on fire
Hanging from
A telephone wire

Always thought it was such an odd rhyme
Anne

Versailles, IN

#94788 Dec 11, 2013
Lol. Never knew the rest of that goofy rhyme!
Thought I'd get out of the house early tomorrow to go to the little mom and pop restaurant for breakfast. 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2toast, 2.99! but Nope. Got a sick one staying home . That's okay, I'm glad to stay with him.
Anne

Paris, TN

#94789 Dec 11, 2013
I found a book at the thrift store today. Over 100 Helpful Household Hints
(For) VINEGAR
Carpet cleaner, problem skin, dog problems, and BBQ sauces. Lol Oh, and parrots and chickens-- I'm on topic here.. Lol
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94790 Dec 11, 2013
Anne wrote:
I found a book at the thrift store today. Over 100 Helpful Household Hints
(For) VINEGAR
Carpet cleaner, problem skin, dog problems, and BBQ sauces. Lol Oh, and parrots and chickens-- I'm on topic here.. Lol
Vinegar is such a good cleaner, but that darn smell. Lol. When I was younger, I was so poor and had to use newspapers to clean my mirrors. Boy, I tell you the vinegar I used. I feel richer these says, now that I have gone from vinegar to Green Works. Hehehe. Toilet keeps kicking on tonight. Have no idea how to fix it:( Wonder if the water lines could be freezing.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94791 Dec 11, 2013
Grandma and mom used vinegar for thrush as well.
Goodnight to All. I have to figure out the dilemma with the toilet. 3 times flushing in several minutes is annoying.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94792 Dec 11, 2013
Thank goodness, figured it out. The darn chlorine tablet was wedged between the flapper and the water inlet rim. Now, no expensive bill to be so worrisome about. Power has been over a hundred bucks with the colder temps last month. Gnite to All.
Tax payer

United States

#94793 Dec 11, 2013
Who cares
Anne

Versailles, IN

#94794 Dec 11, 2013
Glad you got the toilet thing figured out. It's hard having to think up ways to fix things, isn't it. If something gets too bad I call one of the neighbors. On duck dynasty they just said, "when in doubt, figure it out." Lol that's me...and you!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94795 Dec 11, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I swear by cinnamon capsules. My doctor was amazed when I lowered my A1c number to 5.1 with that being the only change
Very glad to hear of these capsules. Where do you get them, is there a certain milligram you use Miss E, how often, and do you also use vinegar with the mother? Man, ya gotta dilute that stuff with something. If I may ask .....do you also use pills and or insulin as I do? Please, don't be offended at my questions. Just seems like there are a LOT of people getting rich off of diabetes,.....namely the pill factories and doctors. My A1C hovers around 7, not good but not terrible and I'd like to get it down.......but no more pills if possible. Two weeks ago I had a good opthomologist report so I guess I'm doing something right.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94796 Dec 11, 2013
try cinnamon wrote:
<quoted text>
Try cinnamon capsules, one capsule with every meal for diabetes. You won't be sorry.
(cinnamon, garlic, vinegar, cayenne pepper,*5,000 IU/day Vitamin D = great immune system)
I am no cook, period, so please tell me about your use of vinegar (with what?) and do you use Vit. D along with the others that you named? Thankx a lot.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94797 Dec 11, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>Very glad to hear of these capsules. Where do you get them, is there a certain milligram you use Miss E, how often, and do you also use vinegar with the mother? Man, ya gotta dilute that stuff with something. If I may ask .....do you also use pills and or insulin as I do? Please, don't be offended at my questions. Just seems like there are a LOT of people getting rich off of diabetes,.....namely the pill factories and doctors. My A1C hovers around 7, not good but not terrible and I'd like to get it down.......but no more pills if possible. Two weeks ago I had a good opthomologist report so I guess I'm doing something right.
I take 1000mg of cinnamon 2X a day. The doctor has reduced my oral medication down to one pill a day.
I never had to use insulin. Ask anything you want.
Back in 1999 or 2000 they changed the standard for what fasting blood sugar level was considered diabetic and overnight the diabetic medicine companies became very very rich.
When I was in college many years ago, I had low blood sugar problems-- I just can't seem to find a happy medium
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#94798 Dec 12, 2013
I mix a little white vinegar in with my green beans with country ham bits, clean windows with it since it does not streak like some more expensive window cleaners, and bathe dog in a mixture. I am sure there are many other uses but I have not needed those yet.

With the holidays approaching, I will be cooking my sugar cured country ham. I don't care for the salt cured ham. First, I soak the ham over night in a mixture of a cup of white vinegar and about a gallon of water. The next morning, I rinse the ham off. Then I boil the ham for about 4 hours in a fresh mixture of vinegar and water. I do that outside in a Hamilton-Beach electric boiler. Then I just unplug the boiler and let it cool for the afternoon. I then trim the skin and fat off again outside and toss the contents including the vinegar water in a 5 gallon drywall bucket that I take to the chickens. They like that mixture of fat and I think it helps with egg production and nothing is wasted.

Then I bring the trimmed ham inside and coat it in a mixture of brown sugar and mustard and bake the thing for 30 minutes to just make a nice glaze, Refrigerate and wait for Christmas dinners.
Anne

Paris, TN

#94799 Dec 12, 2013
I have fixed a salt cured ham but never the sugar cured . I think that would be much more to my liking.
I do watch my sugar levels as my mom was diabetic but so far I'm good. Seems like several on here do have that though. It also seems that the treatment etc has really changed over the last 20 years.

The dog woke me up with her barking so I let her inside for a while. Hope I can get more sleep before my day starts.
ITssssssss

Philippines

#94800 Dec 12, 2013
Also used vinegar
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#94801 Dec 12, 2013
Blue shoes wrote:
Don't laugh, join us. Beats FB by a mile. Just us country folk, you might learn a little, contribute a lot. Most importantly, we like it as it is!

Thanks Bud!

Rick

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Look mystery easter give a way 5 hr Susan Thompson 19
Looking for fun (Jun '16) 7 hr Wild 17
Bobby Law 8 hr Copper 2
Lulu Rue do u like anal Mon Informed 13
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Mon Kilroy 760
wanting to give heaf Mon george 20
Coal mining jobs Mon Willie Granville 7

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages