Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,679

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93674 Oct 27, 2013
You know you are in a good place when Charlie Daniels "Uneasy Rider"
Is on the radio
Anne

United States

#93675 Oct 27, 2013
Fall break is over and the kids are home in time to go back to school tomorrow. Safe and sound. Good times. I don't remember a whole lot about my grandparents and I'm hoping if I do a lot with my grandkids and take a lot of pictures then they will have a special place in their heart for me.
Now. MissE. A boot under the bed?? The other one???? On the bed???
Anne

United States

#93676 Oct 27, 2013
Ohhhh, MissE!! That last comment by me was so unlike what I usually post...teehee. I had to post it QUICK before I deleted it . Lol
Imposter

London, KY

#93677 Oct 27, 2013
Imposter's tip of the day:

A slip of the tongue can land you in deep $hit.

Bet this one goes bye bye fast.
Imposter

London, KY

#93678 Oct 27, 2013
Get naughty once in a while, you only live once.
No biggy.
Imposter

London, KY

#93679 Oct 27, 2013
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Hey
I want the other boot... ;>D
Back off bloke!
You can keep that one shoe, but the boot is mine. Got it?
:)
Rattlesnake pete will be very upset Kev.
:/-
typhoon disappears

Belfry, KY

#93680 Oct 27, 2013
unusual weather phenomenon
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/10/27/typho...
Is there a HAARP war in progress? Maybe the good guys are winning this time.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#93681 Oct 27, 2013
"As we were!"....(Civil War) This is no fallacy, ain't no lie! My great-grand-daddy's name was Christopher Colombus R. and served on the union (wrong) side. I'll try to make this short. An old picture of him and his unit was taken with all sitting right on the edge of Lookout Mt. The picture was found in some books at an auction. It was sold several times on its own. Eventually it wound up in the Smithsonion Museum. A copy of it was sent to Macoupin County, his home area in Illinois and was printed in all the local papers. One of my sisters in Montana got a hold of one of the copies and sent us all (8) one. Ya oughta see where they're sitting! OSHA would have a conniption fit!
Anne

United States

#93682 Oct 27, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
"As we were!"....(Civil War) This is no fallacy, ain't no lie! My great-grand-daddy's name was Christopher Colombus R. and served on the union (wrong) side. I'll try to make this short. An old picture of him and his unit was taken with all sitting right on the edge of Lookout Mt. The picture was found in some books at an auction. It was sold several times on its own. Eventually it wound up in the Smithsonion Museum. A copy of it was sent to Macoupin County, his home area in Illinois and was printed in all the local papers. One of my sisters in Montana got a hold of one of the copies and sent us all (8) one. Ya oughta see where they're sitting! OSHA would have a conniption fit!
That would be one fantastic picture to have! I'd frame that baby and put it front and center so everyone would see it!(Sounds like you fly the stars and bars at your place! Lol)
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#93684 Oct 27, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
I have stood on that big rock suspended out there in never, never land. It is "never, never" since I will never get that close to the edge or even lookout again. LOL Then I left there and went to see "Ruby Falls". First you ride an elevator down into a cave, then go back into the cave about a 1/2 mile to see the "falls". The tour guide said they did not know where the water was coming from or where it was going. So I thought then how the H E double toothpicks do they know it ain't going to increase and fill up this &^$## cave? So I left there and went to some place a little safer "Chicamauga Battlefield".
qwerty

Butler, KY

#93686 Oct 28, 2013
Imposter wrote:
A slip of the tongue can land you in deep $hit.
An old country song comes to mind...Looking for love in all the wrong places.
Imposter

London, KY

#93687 Oct 28, 2013
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>
An old country song comes to mind...Looking for love in all the wrong places.
Faster pussycat- With a slip of the tongue (1989).
Good day to you qwerty.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#93689 Oct 28, 2013
Well finally, my "tenant" came and harvested his 41 acres of soybeans. They were rained on and frozen by bad frost at least three times so I didn't know if they would be worth harvesting. Only see him twice a year, planting and harvesting but I never know when he is coming so I don't know when to lock the storage buildings and big barn. He has a married couple that comes with him to hook up big harvest wagons and "stuff" but the majority of the day they roam around and rob me blind. Last time, in the spring, they got a pickup bed of salt cured posts and a pile of mixed pressure treated lumber over the loft. Last fall they got in three toolboxes and picked through for whatever they wanted,,,entire socket sets, my BIG crescent wrench I use to break loose or tighten trailer balls on hitch bars. It was 2 and 1/2 foot long and was like a cartoon to look at, it was that big,,:-). Screwdrivers, 4-way lug wrenches.( Everything on the farm has their own and there is one in each vehicle.) I stopped at Road Ranger the other night and a 40 something year old guy had at flat AT the gas pump. He had never changed a tire, had that little screwdriver jack turned so that the handle was UNDER the car and he had one of those "knuckle buster" lug wrenches,,and he had (busted a knuckle)I love to be the "Good Samarian" and help people. As much as I drive to clients, I have helped many a senior citizen fix a flat.
Back to our tenant, we confronted him and his married thieves in the spring about 4 missing feeders from the stalls in the big barn. The way I had them bolted, they tore up the 2x6 they were bolted to at the side and rear, I had to change corners on the 4 new ones I got at TSC for $100 each. They stood there and denied it was them, we turned to our tenant, he was TOTALLY silent. We told them all we had taken pictures, we even called the sheriff and he came out, said we would have to take them to court and he left. I just couldn't believe it. If people worked as hard at working as they do at stealing they would be promoted on a regular basis. And me, a pancreatic cancer patient, big red whelps raising up on my arms from the sun and my 24/7 chemo. I have a pouch on my belt with a small IV and a miniature pump with 8 foot of IV so I can shower, bedpost at night. One we somehow got the tube wrapped ALL the way around us, y'all figure that one out, we never did,,,:-).
Tenant is supposed to "farm vigorously" and he doesn't. No cover crop in the winter, not even winter wheat. I may decide to take him to court and terminate his lease, he even has planted on 2 of OUR acres every year and when I point that out he just stands there. I have talked to the family at church and they say they all know, they even call him "Sneak" & "Snake".Can't hit him, I am 6'5" and he might be 5 and a half and skinny. He would sue me in a New York Minute. Have never sued anybody in my life. It would be a criminal case, not civil, because of the amounts. I'm at home in the courthouse, my family has held public office for 70 years in different offices so I grew up in that courthouse in Vanceburg. Plus, I use the Grand Jury Courtroom for our monthly meetings. See:http://nationallibertyalli ance.org/
Between cancer, work, my thieving tenant with his counterparts and creating juries in all 120 counties I just don't have any time left.
OK, Rant Off!:-) Ephesians 3:20&21
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93690 Oct 28, 2013
I just wanted to stop in really quick and say "hello" to everyone. My computer and internet both acted up the last day I was posting. I lost a big post to Wondering. Finally, I just called it quits. I really need to get this laptop fixed as soon as I have the energy and money. I will fight with this thing in a couple of days and catch back up on all the posts. Tonight Blacklist is on, so the thread must wait. LOL

(((hugs)))
Anne

United States

#93694 Oct 29, 2013
Hugs to you too, OJG. Wonderful morning here and the leaves outside my dining room window are beautiful! Much to do today: I need to replenish the cat/dog food and the chicken feed! My car need the brakes checked. There's a nice jacket and skirt to take to my aunt. Soooo, I need to getting lazy self into gear!!! "Hitting snooze button "
Anne

United States

#93695 Oct 29, 2013
Tollesboro Guy: I hope I never have that experience with theft. Sounds like it could be time to terminate that relationship! My neighbor runs cows on my farm and I'm glad he's here checking the fences daily, keeping weeds down and noticing anything different around the place. He is a good one to be associated with and it's working out well for the both of us!!!
Kitkat

Clay City, KY

#93696 Oct 29, 2013
Anne wrote:
Tollesboro Guy: I hope I never have that experience with theft. Sounds like it could be time to terminate that relationship! My neighbor runs cows on my farm and I'm glad he's here checking the fences daily, keeping weeds down and noticing anything different around the place. He is a good one to be associated with and it's working out well for the both of us!!!
so true.

“www.thepresleyas signment.com ”

Since: Mar 13

Greensburg, KY

#93699 Oct 29, 2013
I bet this is the longest thread about dead birds in the history of the internet. LOL
Anne

United States

#93701 Oct 29, 2013
Yeah, it has been around a long time. Not a thing wrong about that. Have a wonderful evening,
Ye Pressing the Laments

Belfry, KY

#93702 Oct 29, 2013
The Presley Assignment wrote:
I bet this is the longest thread about dead birds in the history of the internet. LOL
I guess you haven't noticed that it's not about dead birds anymore

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
uncle lees 23 min Great 41
Samantha Stanley (Sep '13) 1 hr pitiful 26
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) 1 hr amazed 441
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 2 hr hmmm 501
Good guitar players in Muhlenberg? 6 hr wolfie 2
job corps 8 hr devyucsei 1
how do you delete a forum? 9 hr gotcha 3
Greenville Dating
Find my Match

Greenville Jobs