Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,934)

Showing posts 78,661 - 78,680 of81,564
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anne

Onalaska, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Anyone with additional interest in the above Civil War story may find it online by searching "Simpsonville Slaughter".
Dog is now warm so I will join him in catching more zzzzzzzzzs. Good night/day.
Not wanting to get the party started for the day I googled the simpsonville slaughter. What a terrible waste. All they were doing was moving cattle to market. During wars I guess there were a lot of mass graves. Particularly during times there's no way to properly care for the deceased and disease is of great concern
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Not wanting to get the party started for the day I googled the simpsonville slaughter. What a terrible waste. All they were doing was moving cattle to market. During wars I guess there were a lot of mass graves. Particularly during times there's no way to properly care for the deceased and disease is of great concern
There were attrocities committed on both sides in the name of "war" including others such as (others you might want to Google) the Saltville Massacre and Fort Pillow and the activities involved with Sherman's march through Georgia. It was not uncommon for raiders to perpetuate blame by dressing in whatever military Uniform was convenient for the area and when all they were interested in was what could be confiscated for their own use. Much akin to "looters" when some catastrope occurs.

You might also be interested to know that I found an extended version of the Gettysburg movie on Youtube, if you can stand to watch it from a smaller screen for 4 1/2 hours LOL.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
... start watching old Westerns... We are looking forward to seeing WishBone, Rowdy Yates, and Gil Fabor "headem up, rollem out".... RawHide.......
....and the young Eastwood of Good, Bad and the Ugly fame! Aawh Yes. Say, do you pick up on the old re-runs of Gunsmoke on the Western channel,#281 around here. Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty sure did look young on those first ones and on some,.....she doesn't have her mole painted on yet! They start around 5:00 and show three different ones everyday. Maingy Festus really makes some of those shows when he came aboard.
Anne

Rochelle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Good Evening!
41/2 hours on this iPhone? Oh that would be difficult indeed! Lol .
The cranberry marshes were interesting but the harvest is over. At some point during the harvest it really does look similar to the commercials on TV. Btw. Not all McDonald's look alike. The one I stopped at earlier had a HUGE stone fireplace and there were assorted wildlife mounts. Moose, deer, fish, skunk, and fox. And a large arcade room. Wow
. Well. AW, I hope everyone is doing fine. It's been you and me pretty much the last couple of days. Lol I'm out for the night!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>There were attrocities committed on both sides in the name of "war" including others such as (others you might want to Google) the Saltville Massacre and Fort Pillow and the activities involved with Sherman's march through Georgia. It was not uncommon for raiders to perpetuate blame by dressing in whatever military Uniform was convenient for the area and when all they were interested in was what could be confiscated for their own use. Much akin to "looters" when some catastrope occurs.

You might also be interested to know that I found an extended version of the Gettysburg movie on Youtube, if you can stand to watch it from a smaller screen for 4 1/2 hours LOL.
Fort Pillow? Now there's a bedtime story I'd like to hear.
Anne

Rochelle, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>....and the young Eastwood of Good, Bad and the Ugly fame! Aawh Yes. Say, do you pick up on the old re-runs of Gunsmoke on the Western channel,#281 around here. Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty sure did look young on those first ones and on some,.....she doesn't have her mole painted on yet! They start around 5:00 and show three different ones everyday. Maingy Festus really makes some of those shows when he came aboard.
Howdy, Mississippi man! We posted about the same time a couple minutes ago.
Yep! Festus really did make some of those shows. Lol. Have a wonderful night!
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that an elfin boot? Or a high heeled sock? Lol
Looks good either way, sort of... Halloweeny.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Is that an elfin boot? Or a high heeled sock? Lol
Looks good either way, sort of... Halloweeny.
It's my Halloween boot! You like?
I'm a bewitching witch-- casting spells on unsuspecting sailors like the sirens of Homers Illiad and Odyssey.
anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

we hacked the nsa yesterday and found evidence of the virus that is being let loose at certain times. i doesn't spread and kill other birds, just the ones that it originaly enters. it is being refined through the dod and darpa. these are atrocity that will soon infect all wildlife and soon humans. its designed to kill of the human population so the earth wont become over populated to bad. and aids will go airborne soon the are working on that too. stock up on food get gas mask and respirators. alot willdie
Walmart

Portsmouth, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Hey

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Walmart wrote:
Hey
Hey
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
....and the young Eastwood of Good, Bad and the Ugly fame! Aawh Yes. Say, do you pick up on the old re-runs of Gunsmoke on the Western channel,#281 around here. Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty sure did look young on those first ones and on some,.....she doesn't have her mole painted on yet! They start around 5:00 and show three different ones everyday. Maingy Festus really makes some of those shows when he came aboard.
I get old Gunsmoke shows on the TV Land channel.Then on INSP channel, I get "The Big Valley" and "The High Chapparel". on RFD channel, I get "the Lone Ranger" and "Roy Rogers". AMC has shoot-em up Saturdays and that is where I normally see "Rawhide" and "The Rifleman". Yep, I like old Festus Haggin (Ken Curtis). I am sort of burned out on Hoss Cartwright and The Waltons. LOL I sometimes get "Sky King", last week I saw a couple of the old "Cisco Kid" shows. My all time favorite Eastwood movie is "The Outlaw Josie Wales".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I get old Gunsmoke shows on the TV Land channel.Then on INSP channel, I get "The Big Valley" and "The High Chapparel". on RFD channel, I get "the Lone Ranger" and "Roy Rogers". AMC has shoot-em up Saturdays and that is where I normally see "Rawhide" and "The Rifleman". Yep, I like old Festus Haggin (Ken Curtis). I am sort of burned out on Hoss Cartwright and The Waltons. LOL I sometimes get "Sky King", last week I saw a couple of the old "Cisco Kid" shows. My all time favorite Eastwood movie is "The Outlaw Josie Wales".
All great shows! So much better than the "fluff" that's on TV now
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
It's my Halloween boot! You like?
I'm a bewitching witch-- casting spells on unsuspecting sailors like the sirens of Homers Illiad and Odyssey.
Me like. I would so like to leave a costume party with a nice bewitching witch.
I always seem to end up with with the webitching 8itch type instead..:(
One of these days.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Fort Pillow, spelled with an "O" and not an "A" LOL
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Wolf that was a good CW topic, I researched fort pillow...terrible smear on the rebs.
Like you said both sides showed their very worst at times. May we learn from it, and pass the knowledge on.
Imposter

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Had to get up and take a dose of cold medicine, back to sleep I hope. Goodnight

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>It is Fort Pillow, spelled with an "O" and not an "A" LOL
Ohhhh! You know the bologna and onion sandwich and all....
Sorry --- can I blame it on your dog?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Me like. I would so like to leave a costume party with a nice bewitching witch.
I always seem to end up with with the webitching 8itch type instead..:(
One of these days.
It's like marketing. You have to make 100 calls to get 10 appointments to get one sale-- think volume.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhh! You know the bologna and onion sandwich and all....
Sorry --- can I blame it on your dog?
You can't pull the dog's finger. LOL I am up preparing 4 quarts of green beans crock-pot style with a touch of salt, white vinegar, and country ham bits to take to a family reunion later today. Dog took his air outside and is now back, so good morning. Now I will sleep through some of the cooking.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,661 - 78,680 of81,564
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Greenville Forum right now

Search the Greenville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min this ones for you 146,086
Chain link fence 2 hr Jane 2
Missing u (Mar '13) 14 hr George Bush 35
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 18 hr Ricky Noya 16,114
the story of my life... 21 hr desberato 4
chasity warner 22 hr Truth 4
does anyone know Tammy Rice? 23 hr Brittany 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greenville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••