Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,634

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93536 Oct 22, 2013
@Anne..I lost the wife at Christmas also and I don't lean toward celebrating Christmas at all. I even threw out the decorations. There is no way you can fix cottage cheese that suits me. I ate enough soured milk when I was a kid. LOL

Be safe on your trip. People get really concerned with cancer and other health issues such as diet and smoking, then rush down the highways at excessive speeds. I have scraped enough bodies up off the highways, that I don't see any reason to to be in such a hurry to die. Death comes soon enough.
new

Sassafras, KY

#93538 Oct 22, 2013
what up ancient wolf remember me?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93539 Oct 22, 2013
new wrote:
what up ancient wolf remember me?
Getting ready to go out to eat with a friend. No, I don't remember that Identity but then I can't even remember what I had for lunch. LOL
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93540 Oct 22, 2013
Good evening all! Wow, so I see I missed dinner and a 3 am bologna, onion, and mustard sandwich breath kisses with AW and Miss E Font? Now I have missed a lot of things in my life, but I would have liked to have been there for all of that! LOL

@Anne - I am with Ancient Wolf on the cottage cheese. I have never liked that stuff. I would take a serving of it home only if it were covered in gold and I could wash the curds off. LOL Yep, if my life depends on cottage cheese, well I guess I am going to die. lol

I pray you have a safe trip with the g'kids.
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93541 Oct 22, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we have an environmental emergency going on,and nobody is talking about it. Fukushima has 3 meltdowns, happening 21/2 years ago, and people think it's over. There is a news blackout in the U.S., perhaps to allay panic, but European countries are concerned very much, and media are covering it.
The radiation is ruining the Pacific, and the fishing industry is suffering greatly. Radiation has gotten into the food chain, and the plankdon(spelling?) are dying. They provide a great deal of our atmospheric oxygen. As it goes up the food chain, levels of radiation increase. People who eat Pacific fish are going to be affected. Other things are happening, including star fish literally being turned to mush, massive fish die-outs. Last yar alone, there were devastating illnesses in seal lions and seals. If you look at the site netc.com , you will see increasing radiation levels across the country. This varies each day, but spikes have occurred such as when the most recent typhoon hit Japaan. Radiated water was dumped directly into the Pacific, in an attempt to thwart overflow of the holding tanks, which have major leaks in them. I wish the preppers would come back to this thread to help us prepare for the cumulative buildup in radiation.
A few months back I read this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23674...

It shows many pictures of the deformed vegetables and flowers that are now growing in Japan. It is also deforming butterflies, baby animals, and human babies. Some pregnancies are terminating. Children are already showing up with thyroid cancers, a problem that did not show up for 4-5 years after Chernobyl. Speaking of Chernobyl, some experts did a study and feel that Fukushima has released much more contamination than Chernobyl, which is why the thyroid troubles are showing up early. Some reports are even showing that the father you go away from Fukushima the higher the levels of contamination.

When are they supposed to move these rods?

I am not sure I understand that nuclear map.

When I was a kid in school we learned that one teaspoon of nuclear energy would supply New York city for a month. I wish they would have figured in the cost of nuclear energy when you factor in a melt down. I bet it has now cost TEPCO a lot more than a teaspoon of so-called cheap nuclear energy.
wondering

United States

#93542 Oct 22, 2013
OhioJeepGirl, I read your story...and I must say that you are a very strong person.and my prayers are with you..I have 3 sisters with breast cancer the youngest being 32...my middle sister 35, was just recently diagnosed with triple negative....I researched and researched and I do believe in my heart that hemp oil is a cure...My sister went the standard treatment but she said if she didnt have children she would have done the hemp oil........I find it strange as well why the media doesnt report on the crisis in Japan .....
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93543 Oct 22, 2013
@ OJG, I continue sending blessings your way;) Research has helped in your health crisis. I think, your alternative is helping as well. Hang in there. As far as challah, I use two eggs for two loaves and an egg wash, 1/4 cup of honey(2 loaves), 1tbsp. yeast,2 tsp. kosher sea salt,& 2 1/2 c. warm water. Baked at 350 for 30-40 mins.3-4 braids are the easiest. Youtube has so many videos that help.
Well, Lovey is home , and there's plenty of laudry to do. Life is as good as we make. Nice evening to All:)
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93544 Oct 22, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Darn it, I wrote an entire post, and somehow I lost it. Good evening to everyone on the bird thread.
@OJG:: As you know, we have been talking daily since you became MIA from the bird thread, so I won't talk about your serious illness. You know how I feel about this, and I will continue to send love and prayers,putting this in God's hands, so that through His grace, you may be made well.I will always give you love and support to help see you through your rough time, and I know that everyone on this thread will do the same. I know, from our discussions, that you still are interested in world events, and researching some of these issues will help, if only a little bit, to divert your attention from your illness. Your friendship is most cherished.
Oh, I can't stand it when I write out a big post or email and POOF it is gone.

Lala, you are the greatest friend a person could be blessed to have. You have certainly been a blessing to me. You are always good at giving me a good swift kick in the behind when I need it too! LOL You have added a special touch to my daily life.(((Big hugs)))

Back to Fukushima...other than the Pacific, have you found where Fukushima is having an impact on other areas and in countries other than the US?

In this CBS news video dated today, it claims that the clean up is falling behind schedule. It shows all the bags of contaminated soil that are stuck just sitting there while many Japanese cannot return to their homes. One worker claims that the efforts to bag the soil does nothing as it will be contaminated again with the next rain. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/... It boggles my mind that the world is not working together to clean up Fukushima and to end nuclear power plants. The risk is not worth the benefit.
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93545 Oct 22, 2013
wondering wrote:
OhioJeepGirl, I read your story...and I must say that you are a very strong person.and my prayers are with you..I have 3 sisters with breast cancer the youngest being 32...my middle sister 35, was just recently diagnosed with triple negative....I researched and researched and I do believe in my heart that hemp oil is a cure...My sister went the standard treatment but she said if she didnt have children she would have done the hemp oil........I find it strange as well why the media doesnt report on the crisis in Japan .....
I really hate to hear this. I started my first battle against breast cancer when I had just turned 36 back in 2006. The first doctor said that the egg size lump I had could not be cancer because I was too young. If it was not for a sweet and very caring lady at the health department that called me everyday to beg me to have it removed, well, chances are that I would not be here today. The lumpectomy revealed I hade a grade 9 cancer tumor, which is the most aggressive as there is no 10. These grade 7,8, and 9 tumors are the most common in the younger women. Now that just stinks! These are the ages of women who still have young kids and, what should be, a long future. I totally blame the over use of hormonal birth control and the hormones they inject in our food supply. But then I am a double positive, but HER2 negative. I hate to hear about your triple negative sister. Each positive gives the doctors more tools. I pray they caught it in its early stages. My new oncologist told me that the best chance a person has with breast cancer is to get it right the first time.

As far as Hemp Oil aka Simpson Oil and being a mom goes, let me tell you...Now if I was still an early stage then I would just follow the doctors orders, but now, at stage 4, my doctor cannot cure me. It is because I am a mom of four, my youngest daughter is only 9, that I am trying the Simpson Oil and already am stocked up on a few other alternatives if and when they are needed. The doctor already told me that everything he has to give me will not save my life, so what choice do I have? Heck, I would almost try anything, except cottage cheese lol!!!!

I really wish them the best. I really hate to hear of more women being ravaged by this disease...it is a disease that is attacking our mothers! I will add them to my prayers and tell them that I am right here if they ever need to talk. What stage are they? Do you know their tumor grade? My fiancé's 84 year old mother also has breast cancer. Her tumor grade was only 2. They watched hers for the longest time (2 years) before they even took it out. Now, several months after they removed the lump, her under arm swelled up. They just now started her on chemo pills close to three years after they found out about the cancer. The grade is very important, like the stage.

Maybe I can ease your mind a little about the triple negative sister. Even though I was positive, it ended up that I could not take the Tamoxifen to block my hormones. I was supposed to take it for five years, but only took it for about two years when my uterus swelled up and I stopped taking it for good. Anyways, it was six years after I finished treatment that I came back with stage four. So, if she is early stage and negative then she should still have a good chance of being around for awhile...hey, after all, I am still here to talk about it. All late stages should try alternatives...there is no other choice, at least in my mind.

(((Big big hugs)))
OhioJeepGirl

Lenore, WV

#93546 Oct 22, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
@ OJG, I continue sending blessings your way;) Research has helped in your health crisis. I think, your alternative is helping as well. Hang in there. As far as challah, I use two eggs for two loaves and an egg wash, 1/4 cup of honey(2 loaves), 1tbsp. yeast,2 tsp. kosher sea salt,& 2 1/2 c. warm water. Baked at 350 for 30-40 mins.3-4 braids are the easiest. Youtube has so many videos that help.
Well, Lovey is home , and there's plenty of laudry to do. Life is as good as we make. Nice evening to All:)
Do you use whole eggs? I used the 6 strand braid I got off a chabad.org video. They had a few, but I ended up watching one of them about 300 times in order to braid that bread right! LOL It turns out so pretty. I only have cookie sheets and I am wondering if you use one of those bread stones to bake yours on? I do not want to plunk mine in a loaf pan, because I feel it would not turn out so pretty. It is funny that bread came up as a subject right after I purchased some yeast! lol I figured if I bought the yeast that it would motive me to get outta bed and make some bread! ha ha ha! Hey, what ever works!
just passing thrue

Hyden, KY

#93547 Oct 22, 2013
so did they ever find out what killed all them birds that fell from the sky?did they finally figure out it was a methane cloud they flue into from the gas wells near by they was fracking.??.or did they pass that up to cover up the real reason?

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#93548 Oct 22, 2013
_-_Nope_-_, I have heard this trick before but I have not had a need to do this because by some luck, I don't have an ant problem related to my hummingbird feeder.

I would like to share some news I read recently, Hummingbirds spend an average of 10–15% of their time feeding and 75–80% perching so I bought a swing for them this year. http://feedersandseed.com/

I do whatever I can to make my backyard more inviting :)
Anne

Baldwin, WI

#93549 Oct 22, 2013
I'm beat. Drove 11 hours. Traffic has not been bad but i was relieved to get off I 65. too much tradfic. Even went through snow a little west of Chicago. Speed limit has been 65 through Illinois and Wisconsin, dropping down to 45 in all that construction. The snow wasnt a happy time because I thought I'd be fighting snow and more snow. That slows a person down. Btw, just microwaved one of those hormel compleats. Not bad. Rather have some good cottage cheese.lol Seriously though, check out that German doctor-Johannah Bugwig.
There could be some usable ideas etc.

All of you are in my prayers.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#93551 Oct 22, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
A few months back I read this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-23674...
It shows many pictures of the deformed vegetables and flowers that are now growing in Japan. It is also deforming butterflies, baby animals, and human babies. Some pregnancies are terminating. Children are already showing up with thyroid cancers, a problem that did not show up for 4-5 years after Chernobyl. Speaking of Chernobyl, some experts did a study and feel that Fukushima has released much more contamination than Chernobyl, which is why the thyroid troubles are showing up early. Some reports are even showing that the father you go away from Fukushima the higher the levels of contamination.
When are they supposed to move these rods?
I am not sure I understand that nuclear map.
When I was a kid in school we learned that one teaspoon of nuclear energy would supply New York city for a month. I wish they would have figured in the cost of nuclear energy when you factor in a melt down. I bet it has now cost TEPCO a lot more than a teaspoon of so-called cheap nuclear energy.
Hello, again, OJG. Glad to see that you have come back out of hibernation and are posting again. TEPKO is inept and broke, and not able to try to clean up the mess they left Japan with. Human life is cheap to them. They are sending in workers to areas so "hot" that, even in full protective radiation suits, they cannot stay for more than a few minutes. Many workers are having nosebleeds and passing out. The scary thing about this is that no one knows exactly where the corium is located. It has melted through the reactor floor and is going, down, down, down, to who knows where. Next month will be a turning point, when TEPCO tries to remove distorted rods from twisted containment units, crumbled and in shambles. Download some pictures of the reactors, which were taken from various points by an unmanned drone. There is nothing left of the place. Web cams recently revealed new explosions. This, not only affects the ocean, but it is already in the atmosphere, circling in the northern hemisphere. what goes up comes down in the rain, and contaminates areas far and wide. This, in turn, contaminates the soil, so the vegetables and fruits grown, become radioactive. Animals graze on grass, and the contamination goes up the food chain to those beings on top of the ladder...Mankind. We have done it to ourselves.
Hope

Belfry, KY

#93552 Oct 22, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
@ HOPE – Well, it is about time! I was hoping you were out there in the background! Wasn’t it you that was telling me about some green drink, not green tea, but something else. I am certain it was you that had mentioned it. I am certain you talked about water too.
Yes, the tumors are regressing. If the shrinkage is caused by the alternative then I am in pretty good shape; however, if it was caused by the ovary removal then I am in trouble as it will eventually stop working and the tumors will start growing again. Since they are decreasing in size, I figure I will wait on the kidney removal surgery. The urologist said that failing kidneys (my left kidney is functioning at 9%) can start functioning properly again, but they did not feel that would happen in my case. I think that the shrinking tumors raises the odds that my kidney will start working properly again.
I started watching Revolution when it first started. I think I watched the first three episodes, but then I would forget to watch it. I have never been much of a TV person, but I have watched a bunch of it since the kidney trouble started. I watch Blacklist faithfully every Monday night, but it did not start until after all of the kidney trouble.
The world! My playground! I have not been keeping up with much lately. I am pretty up to date on Syria. I pretty much lost my passion after getting hit with a death sentence. I do take a day here and there to try and catch up.
The herbal tea I was talking about as an alternative cancer remedy was called Essiac, which is Caisse spelled backward named after Rene Caisse the Canadian nurse who popularized it from the Ojibway Indians from Canada. I did talk about the importance of water also. Lately I have been drinking electrolyte-rich water and have begun putting Dead Sea salts and minerals in the hot tub for its therapeutic effects. There are other alternative cancer treatments out there, most of which is not accepted by the mainstream medical establishment, however, I think they do work. One in particular that I have looked into is the protocols of Dr. Robert Beck using electromagnetism and colloidal silver which you may want to read about.
I am not sure why your kidneys are failing as a result of the cancer and why they even suggested that your kidneys be removed. I think that as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition your cancer will remain in remission and the alternative cancer treatments will work for you. Are you seeing a holistic and or complementary/alternative medicine practitioner?
I have not been reading as much on current affairs as in the past although I have been peripherally aware of the stories about Edward Snowden, about Syria and Iran, and about the recent government shutdown. Most of what I hear about these days doesn't surprise me in light of what we have talked about in the past, which is why I no longer follow the news that closely. I do think however, that there may be better times ahead as there seems to be indicators that the criminal cabal in Washington may be losing power. The war with Syria did not escalate and there will be no invasion in Iran like we thought there would. I think finally the top brass in the military who are real patriots saw the reality of what was going on and decided to put a stop to the intentions of the criminal cabal running Washington. I read Banjamin Fulford's weekly geopolitical news blog and check in on the veterans today site of Gordon Duff which I think pretty much covers what is really going on. I am curious to hear what you think about the current events and what your insiders are telling you.
I have been following Revolution and I think it is really interesting how they portray the US government on that show...it is probably not that far from the truth. Did you notice how they first put evolution then add the R afterwards. Almost makes me think that they were following our conversation here.
Hope

Belfry, KY

#93553 Oct 22, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
@ HOPE – Well, it is about time! I was hoping you were out there in the background! Wasn’t it you that was telling me about some green drink, not green tea, but something else. I am certain it was you that had mentioned it. I am certain you talked about water too.
Yes, the tumors are regressing. If the shrinkage is caused by the alternative then I am in pretty good shape; however, if it was caused by the ovary removal then I am in trouble as it will eventually stop working and the tumors will start growing again. Since they are decreasing in size, I figure I will wait on the kidney removal surgery. The urologist said that failing kidneys (my left kidney is functioning at 9%) can start functioning properly again, but they did not feel that would happen in my case. I think that the shrinking tumors raises the odds that my kidney will start working properly again.
I started watching Revolution when it first started. I think I watched the first three episodes, but then I would forget to watch it. I have never been much of a TV person, but I have watched a bunch of it since the kidney trouble started. I watch Blacklist faithfully every Monday night, but it did not start until after all of the kidney trouble.
The world! My playground! I have not been keeping up with much lately. I am pretty up to date on Syria. I pretty much lost my passion after getting hit with a death sentence. I do take a day here and there to try and catch up.
The herbal tea I was talking about as an alternative cancer remedy was called Essiac, which is Caisse spelled backward named after Rene Caisse the Canadian nurse who popularized it from the Ojibway Indians from Canada. I did talk about the importance of water also. Lately I have been drinking electrolyte-rich water and have begun putting Dead Sea salts and minerals in the hot tub for its therapeutic effects. There are other alternative cancer treatments out there, most of which is not accepted by the mainstream medical establishment, however, I think they do work. One in particular that I have looked into is the protocols of Dr. Robert Beck using electromagnetism and colloidal silver which you may want to read about.
Go All A

Belfry, KY

#93554 Oct 22, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello, again, OJG. Glad to see that you have come back out of hibernation and are posting again. TEPKO is inept and broke, and not able to try to clean up the mess they left Japan with. Human life is cheap to them. They are sending in workers to areas so "hot" that, even in full protective radiation suits, they cannot stay for more than a few minutes. Many workers are having nosebleeds and passing out. The scary thing about this is that no one knows exactly where the corium is located. It has melted through the reactor floor and is going, down, down, down, to who knows where. Next month will be a turning point, when TEPCO tries to remove distorted rods from twisted containment units, crumbled and in shambles. Download some pictures of the reactors, which were taken from various points by an unmanned drone. There is nothing left of the place. Web cams recently revealed new explosions. This, not only affects the ocean, but it is already in the atmosphere, circling in the northern hemisphere. what goes up comes down in the rain, and contaminates areas far and wide. This, in turn, contaminates the soil, so the vegetables and fruits grown, become radioactive. Animals graze on grass, and the contamination goes up the food chain to those beings on top of the ladder...Mankind. We have done it to ourselves.
There are many who believe that the Japan tsunami was the result of an intentional underwater nuclear detonation by the powers that be to punish Japan for going against the cabal interests. This is a very interesting and thought provoking conspiracy theory if you are inclined to read about it. I believe it is definitely within the realm of possibility just like HAARP and the 9/11 conspiracy theories...it all makes sense.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93555 Oct 22, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you use whole eggs? I used the 6 strand braid I got off a chabad.org video. They had a few, but I ended up watching one of them about 300 times in order to braid that bread right! LOL It turns out so pretty. I only have cookie sheets and I am wondering if you use one of those bread stones to bake yours on? I do not want to plunk mine in a loaf pan, because I feel it would not turn out so pretty. It is funny that bread came up as a subject right after I purchased some yeast! lol I figured if I bought the yeast that it would motive me to get outta bed and make some bread! ha ha ha! Hey, what ever works!
Mine tasted fine the first time. Just make sure the water is not hot but harm. Yeasties will die and the bread won't rise:( Cookie sheets are perfect. I would like a stone eventually. I wouldn't use a loaf pan. The sheets give it room to expand. Being very precise with the measurements is good as well. Oh, I forgot, the recipe I put on here calls for 1/4 cup of oil ( I use vegetable or grapeseed. My baby girl is 10:) I noticed your girl is 9.
Have a good night!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93556 Oct 22, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Don't forget the 1/4 c. of oil. Lol. Too much oil for bread is like hot water to yeast. Bad. Night to All.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93558 Oct 22, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Mine tasted fine the first time. Just make sure the water is not hot but harm. Yeasties will die and the bread won't rise:( Cookie sheets are perfect. I would like a stone eventually. I wouldn't use a loaf pan. The sheets give it room to expand. Being very precise with the measurements is good as well. Oh, I forgot, the recipe I put on here calls for 1/4 cup of oil ( I use vegetable or grapeseed. My baby girl is 10:) I noticed your girl is 9.
Have a good night!
Someone gave me some bread last week. It laid around here until I finally gave it to the chickens. I don't eat much bread, but mainly biscuits and cornbread. My baby girls are both guys in their 40s (LOL). Dog wanted me to get up and add some wood to his fire and turn the tv off. We have matching recliners that are about 6 feet from the stove and we sleep through most of the programming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 14 min DITCH MITCH 4,866
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 22 min NTRPRNR1 153,434
Kelsey Hart 30 min oldfan 18
Maverick Browning? 44 min Iceman 7
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Jobs Lost 26,274
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr BIG_STEVIE 16,169
Airsoft/Paintball 1 hr Tittybaby 4
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) 13 hr amazed 345
chad watson 17 hr John Q. Public 25
•••
Greenville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Greenville Jobs

•••
•••
•••