Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,869)

Showing posts 77,361 - 77,380 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Blessings come in so many forms: a mere stranger's kind words, assistance when needed, a smile of Good Day;) Living life to the fullness by our kindness in good deeds and kind words, respect and integrity. That makes for a Blessed Life.
To All the thoughful Birders suffering from dilemma I say Bless you, may you fight ease and a remedy. To those of you surviving the turmoil of existence that to will pass.A smile goes a long way. Just like a cup of java rejuvenates. Hehehe.
Nice day to All and may your days be filled with happy moments.
omg

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

thats all
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I woke up well before daylight (2 hours ago) with the dog needing to go out and the rooster crowing his silly head off and with arthritis and gout aching too much to get back to sleep. But at least I am above ground and no one is throwing dirt in my face and I have some good coffee and a donut; so my Thanks to GOD for such a good life. Not much else matters.
We may have aches and pains wolf, but we shall remain kicking as long as the good LORD above sees fit, beyond that point, its up to him. In doing our part on his earth we are taking part in a great and wonderful master plan, a plan beyond our mortal comprehension.
When the apostles asked Jesus the question "how oh lord, can we become more like you?" He answered, "love one another as I have loved you."
In showing others respect and kindness, I think we are going with the flow so to speak.
My trails end seems to be pretty close at this point, but I travel on towards it without fear.
You have a good day old wolf, it has sure been a blessing to have known you, somewhat, and it has been great reading your insights on various things.
When T.U.F and I were hammering away at you and the gang, I must admit I did enjoy the civil war history lessons you gave, I never thanked you for that, so thank you Mr. Scruffy.
Put that in your old pipe and smoke it.
Now if you could just tell us how you avoided all those dinosaur turds, you ancient old coot, I would be satisfied...LMAO
Good day.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>We may have aches and pains wolf, but we shall remain kicking as long as the good LORD above sees fit, beyond that point, its up to him. In doing our part on his earth we are taking part in a great and wonderful master plan, a plan beyond our mortal comprehension.
When the apostles asked Jesus the question "how oh lord, can we become more like you?" He answered, "love one another as I have loved you."
In showing others respect and kindness, I think we are going with the flow so to speak.
My trails end seems to be pretty close at this point, but I travel on towards it without fear.
You have a good day old wolf, it has sure been a blessing to have known you, somewhat, and it has been great reading your insights on various things.
When T.U.F and I were hammering away at you and the gang, I must admit I did enjoy the civil war history lessons you gave, I never thanked you for that, so thank you Mr. Scruffy.
Put that in your old pipe and smoke it.
Now if you could just tell us how you avoided all those dinosaur turds, you ancient old coot, I would be satisfied...LMAO
Good day.
Made me smile--- kindness flows like a river some days
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

@Imposter.. I turned those dinosaur turds into the cheap hot dogs and sold them. Were your's tasty ? LOL

Speaking of the Civil War, I have a date Friday to watch "Glory" again with my friend. The story of the 54th Massachuttes (first black regiment) led by 28 year old white Colonel Robert Gould Shaw who had only been married for 2 months. His widow (Anna Haggerty Shaw) never married again unti her death in 1907.

Morgan Freeman plays the role of Sergeant-Major (and former grave-digger) John Rawlings who trained the 54th at night after they were treated so badly by the former white Sergeant-Major. His demise remains unknown but it is thought to have been blown to bits by cannon fire when they led the charge on Fort Wagner at Morris Island, South Carolina near Charleston.

I have visited there including Fort Sumter. Kentuckian and Union general Robert Anderson commanded that garrison when it was first fired on by the Confederates to begin the Civil War. Creole and Confederate General Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard led the Confederates at the defense of Charleston firing on Anderson at Fort Sumter.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Now that is some interesting stuff right there. I'll have to watch that one. "Beauregard" is a right good sounding name, I think it is anyways. I would be willing to bet that not many children at all were given that name after the 70's.

I always liked those Morgan Freeman movies. I took a civil war history class many many years ago, it would have been a good class if the professor hadn't have been such a woodpeckerhead. LOL
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Made me smile--- kindness flows like a river some days
Yes it does.
Wolf was the hardest one for me to be mean to......Back when I was being mean on a regular basis. Even rough old T.U.F took a liking to the old fellow after a wile. Sometimes you run into top shelf people in the strangest of places.
I always thought this was just a place to argue. Go figure.
Keep on smiling missy, every chance you get.
Time for a nap.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it does.
Wolf was the hardest one for me to be mean to......Back when I was being mean on a regular basis. Even rough old T.U.F took a liking to the old fellow after a wile. Sometimes you run into top shelf people in the strangest of places.
I always thought this was just a place to argue. Go figure.
Keep on smiling missy, every chance you get.
Time for a nap.
I've always had a soft spot for old wolf myself.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Hey guys! I had a good time catching up with the thread. Glad everyone is doing well. Isn't life wonderful?

You all keep on keeping on! I'll keep popping in once in a while to catch up, at least until the sleet and snow starts to fly again. Then I guess I'll become a "regular" poster once more, hehe!!

For now, critters and house/property chores are keeping me pretty darn busy. I'm starting to think that this coming winter will be a very welcomed rest period for my old bones for a change.....

God bless you all and take care till later!!!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always had a soft spot for old wolf myself.
Oh Goody!! a pillow. LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Goody!! a pillow. LOL
Pillows.(They come in pairs)
lol
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
Now that is some interesting stuff right there. I'll have to watch that one. "Beauregard" is a right good sounding name, I think it is anyways. I would be willing to bet that not many children at all were given that name after the 70's.
I always liked those Morgan Freeman movies. I took a civil war history class many many years ago, it would have been a good class if the professor hadn't have been such a woodpeckerhead. LOL
I especially liked Morgan Freeman as "Hoag" playing opposite of Jessica Tandy in "Driving Miss Daisy". It refects how people from different backgrounds and views can come together to be good friends. A touching scene for me was when Idella the cook passed on while shelling peas... being productive to the very end. That is my desire.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Pillows.(They come in pairs)
lol
Ah yes! I really like a nice pair of pillows.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I especially liked Morgan Freeman as "Hoag" playing opposite of Jessica Tandy in "Driving Miss Daisy". It refects how people from different backgrounds and views can come together to be good friends. A touching scene for me was when Idella the cook passed on while shelling peas... being productive to the very end. That is my desire.
I saw Morgan Freeman in Olympus has fallen
He did a great job.
I love a good movie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yes! I really like a nice pair of pillows.
Hi Blue~

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Just got on the puter to read up on comet ISON and figured I would come over here and say hey to everybody.

Hey Everybody. Hope you are all doing and feeling great these days. Logging off now, see you all later.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I especially liked Morgan Freeman as "Hoag" playing opposite of Jessica Tandy in "Driving Miss Daisy". It refects how people from different backgrounds and views can come together to be good friends. A touching scene for me was when Idella the cook passed on while shelling peas... being productive to the very end. That is my desire.
That was a good movie.
I agree with you on the productive thing, my greatest fear is not death by a long shot, it is becoming an invalid. We both know how that goes, first hand.
At least I had help with Gracey and was able to keep her home. If not for her sister living within driving distance I dont know what I would have done. God rest both their souls, they were both fine women.
What a wave of sadness.
Lets talk about something else, sorry about that.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
Just got on the puter to read up on comet ISON and figured I would come over here and say hey to everybody.
Hey Everybody. Hope you are all doing and feeling great these days. Logging off now, see you all later.
Don't look up in those baccer barns if you can help it. One drop of that baccer juice in your eye will sting the rest of the day!
And be careful on those rails if you get up on them Blue. They'll be slick with juice, its been pretty hot.
Have a good night skywatching if that is what you're doing, it sure is a good night for it. I reckon mars is pretty bright this time of year.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hey guys! I had a good time catching up with the thread. Glad everyone is doing well. Isn't life wonderful?
You all keep on keeping on! I'll keep popping in once in a while to catch up, at least until the sleet and snow starts to fly again. Then I guess I'll become a "regular" poster once more, hehe!!
For now, critters and house/property chores are keeping me pretty darn busy. I'm starting to think that this coming winter will be a very welcomed rest period for my old bones for a change.....
God bless you all and take care till later!!!
I wish you WOULD comment more toots, I cant wait to pick a good old brawl with you over some meaningless topic!
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw Morgan Freeman in Olympus has fallen
He did a great job.
I love a good movie.
I haven't watched that one. Is it new? If it is I'll wait a year if I have it in me, till it comes on the dish.
I dont watch much TV besides the westerns on TV land and AMC.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,361 - 77,380 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Greenville Forum right now

Search the Greenville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Chad Watson 52 min Truth 59
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr Boop 918
Watson Home Demolished 2 hr Truth 9
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Jay 138,304
Tiffany Miller & Bo Masden 6 hr Know 33
Rapid care 8 hr Bailey 2
Beauty Pageant Scheduled to Benefit Fire Victims 10 hr boohoo 48
•••

Freeze Warning for Muhlenberg County was issued at April 15 at 2:26PM EDT