Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
77,361 - 77,380 of 81,562 Comments Last updated 10 hrs ago
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
Now that is some interesting stuff right there. I'll have to watch that one. "Beauregard" is a right good sounding name, I think it is anyways. I would be willing to bet that not many children at all were given that name after the 70's.
I always liked those Morgan Freeman movies. I took a civil war history class many many years ago, it would have been a good class if the professor hadn't have been such a woodpeckerhead. LOL
I especially liked Morgan Freeman as "Hoag" playing opposite of Jessica Tandy in "Driving Miss Daisy". It refects how people from different backgrounds and views can come together to be good friends. A touching scene for me was when Idella the cook passed on while shelling peas... being productive to the very end. That is my desire.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Pillows.(They come in pairs)
lol
Ah yes! I really like a nice pair of pillows.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I especially liked Morgan Freeman as "Hoag" playing opposite of Jessica Tandy in "Driving Miss Daisy". It refects how people from different backgrounds and views can come together to be good friends. A touching scene for me was when Idella the cook passed on while shelling peas... being productive to the very end. That is my desire.
I saw Morgan Freeman in Olympus has fallen
He did a great job.
I love a good movie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>Ah yes! I really like a nice pair of pillows.
Hi Blue~

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Just got on the puter to read up on comet ISON and figured I would come over here and say hey to everybody.

Hey Everybody. Hope you are all doing and feeling great these days. Logging off now, see you all later.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I especially liked Morgan Freeman as "Hoag" playing opposite of Jessica Tandy in "Driving Miss Daisy". It refects how people from different backgrounds and views can come together to be good friends. A touching scene for me was when Idella the cook passed on while shelling peas... being productive to the very end. That is my desire.
That was a good movie.
I agree with you on the productive thing, my greatest fear is not death by a long shot, it is becoming an invalid. We both know how that goes, first hand.
At least I had help with Gracey and was able to keep her home. If not for her sister living within driving distance I dont know what I would have done. God rest both their souls, they were both fine women.
What a wave of sadness.
Lets talk about something else, sorry about that.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Blueminer wrote:
Just got on the puter to read up on comet ISON and figured I would come over here and say hey to everybody.
Hey Everybody. Hope you are all doing and feeling great these days. Logging off now, see you all later.
Don't look up in those baccer barns if you can help it. One drop of that baccer juice in your eye will sting the rest of the day!
And be careful on those rails if you get up on them Blue. They'll be slick with juice, its been pretty hot.
Have a good night skywatching if that is what you're doing, it sure is a good night for it. I reckon mars is pretty bright this time of year.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hey guys! I had a good time catching up with the thread. Glad everyone is doing well. Isn't life wonderful?
You all keep on keeping on! I'll keep popping in once in a while to catch up, at least until the sleet and snow starts to fly again. Then I guess I'll become a "regular" poster once more, hehe!!
For now, critters and house/property chores are keeping me pretty darn busy. I'm starting to think that this coming winter will be a very welcomed rest period for my old bones for a change.....
God bless you all and take care till later!!!
I wish you WOULD comment more toots, I cant wait to pick a good old brawl with you over some meaningless topic!
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw Morgan Freeman in Olympus has fallen
He did a great job.
I love a good movie.
I haven't watched that one. Is it new? If it is I'll wait a year if I have it in me, till it comes on the dish.
I dont watch much TV besides the westerns on TV land and AMC.
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

My goodness! From what I've been catching up on I think a group hug is in order. It sounds kinda crazy to be so fond of topix posters but you old timer bird threaders have made a wonderful and caring connection. I'm glad I've"met" you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't watched that one. Is it new? If it is I'll wait a year if I have it in me, till it comes on the dish.
I rented it from redbox. North Korea penetrates the security at the White House and Morgan Freeman character was Speaker of the House and assumes the acting as President role to get the White House back. Good dick flick
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Anne wrote:
My goodness! From what I've been catching up on I think a group hug is in order. It sounds kinda crazy to be so fond of topix posters but you old timer bird threaders have made a wonderful and caring connection. I'm glad I've"met" you.
Welcome to the club. A year ago I would have said show me your boobies and I'll sponsor your membership.
I would never say something like that now though...or would I? LOLOL
Goodnight Gang.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

@ Toots-
I never did get a good knock down drag out- out of you Nope, try as I may, every time I tried to rile you up you just killed me with kindness.
And that burned me good, time after time.

And then you got all of my posts deleted for weeks and weeks...LOL

Now Abeliever, she had some fire inside. I miss her.
Ah yes, enough keyboard rambling for tonight. Goodnight again, I mean it this time. I have to drag myself out to see the old sawbones tomorrow.
whatever

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Hahaha
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Pillows.(They come in pairs)
lol
MMmmmuuumm, with reference to Dolly Parton, my what a great place to suffocate!(well, it don't hurt to do a little dream'n.)
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

@ Wolf - Yes, this is a vast difference between the resort areas and the rest of the backroads country. They even drive on the wrong side of what they call roads down there. A small world sometimes, but it sounds like you were down there about 5 years ahead of us. Like you, they took a bunch of us "nuders" way out to some small island and fixed chicken, etc, over an open fire. Had a 3-piece combo playing their music and when they took a break, I asked to borrow their guitar. Quite a crowd gathered around and pretty soon a gal named Suzy came up close and asked if I could play Delta Dawn. I took one look at her and....asked "what key ya want it in?" Well, she sang it fine and we met her people and all went well the remaining time there. Several years later we all met up in New Orleans for the Mardi Gras but I'll never go to that thing ever again!

Wolf,I can kinda understand the pirate thing but I got into it more indirectly through Cajun music. Pirate Jean Laffite (sp) fascinated me so I went to Lafitte, La. one time just to (?) see. The Cajuns in back country do NOT take too well with strangers until they get to know you, and that may take a spell. But thank goodness for music!!

@,--and to everyone. I'm not really a non-conformist but it seems like so many churches have become so (?)...,well,.. organized I guess. The Belle and I go to small Pleasants Christian Church 25 miles from here. It's like a little ole "church in the wildwood", off a country road, right at the edge of the woods, oaks galore. There isn't but about 65-70 of us at the most but I like it there with them, the Lord and pretty stained glass windows. Goodnight to all!
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't watched that one. Is it new? If it is I'll wait a year if I have it in me, till it comes on the dish.
I like the chick flicks such as "Message in a Bottle" and "sleepless in Seattle" and "Castaway". I don't care much for all the meaningless action fighting movies and I totally detest Steven Seagal and all that fighting and never mess up his hair or clothes. Aliens and High tech does not interest me either. I had enough high tech at work. LOL I prefer the movies based on Historical events even those loosely based such as "Gettysburg". "Gods and Generals", "Titanic", and "Pearl Harbor". My friends VHS went on the blink and she has DVD and Blu-ray and brought me all her old VHS selections since mine still works and that is another reason we have a dinner and movie date night. But my all time favorite movie is "Dances with Wolves".

Like you, I watch mostly the Westerns on TV land and AMC. Also that "INSP" channel has westerns on Saturday. Turner Classics has been highlighting different actors each day in August, and I stayed glued the day they highlighted Randolph Scott. I even went to YouTube and listened to the Statler Brothers "What ever Happened to Randolph Scott" and every time that line came up I would talk to the dog and say "He is on Turner Classics" LOL

Good Luck with old sawbones and maybe the skill level will be a bit more updated than Doc Adams (Milburn Stone of Gunsmoke). Which reminds me, now that was a good movie too based on a true story... "Patch Adams".
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

@Missisppi Man.. I don't put much faith in preachers and teachers who's main objective seems to be the big business of "church". A poster on this thread a couple years back tagged some of those as "Pastor Fat Wallet". LOL

From my perspective, GOD is everywhere and I can and do worship daily better out in HIS Creations than I can in some large man-made building with man-made rules for maintaining social conformity for the clique.

My deceased wife is buried at a small country Christian church about 45 miles from here that overlooks a creek and I will join her someday and I hope GOD sees fit for that to be later. Like the Imposter, I don't fear death but my biggest fear is being a helpless invalid with stinky drawers.

you folks have a good day. Dog made it back from his favorite tree some time ago.
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

@Imposter.. Your prior post to Miss E Font included the slang term "What the Sam Hill". I always like to use Google to see where some of those various terms originate.

There were several possibilities, but the one I liked the most is when Ky. Governor Buckner sent his adjutant (Sam Hill) to Pike County to investigate the Hatfield-McCoy feud and newspapers nationwide reported "What will Sam Hill find"?... Interesting.
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

You're torn between logic and emotion today, with the result that you'll keep changing your drawers. This will be made worse if you ask others for their drawers because you'll quickly decide that they're weird, before moving on to the next person and probably revising your views again in the light of their drawers. You'll end up going round in circles if you carry on like this!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Greenville Forum right now

Search the Greenville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min DITCH MITCH 146,980
Boys of Broad 6 hr Really 35
Missing u (Mar '13) 7 hr Sad 61
Kinna manning 7 hr shyt 1
"I go to church" 17 hr sue 13
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 22 hr Flint hill bandit 26,210
beagle dog Tue Witness 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greenville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE