Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92128 Aug 28, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't watched that one. Is it new? If it is I'll wait a year if I have it in me, till it comes on the dish.
I dont watch much TV besides the westerns on TV land and AMC.
I rented it from redbox. North Korea penetrates the security at the White House and Morgan Freeman character was Speaker of the House and assumes the acting as President role to get the White House back. Good dick flick
Imposter

Manchester, KY

#92131 Aug 28, 2013
Anne wrote:
My goodness! From what I've been catching up on I think a group hug is in order. It sounds kinda crazy to be so fond of topix posters but you old timer bird threaders have made a wonderful and caring connection. I'm glad I've"met" you.
Welcome to the club. A year ago I would have said show me your boobies and I'll sponsor your membership.
I would never say something like that now though...or would I? LOLOL
Goodnight Gang.
Imposter

Manchester, KY

#92132 Aug 28, 2013
@ Toots-
I never did get a good knock down drag out- out of you Nope, try as I may, every time I tried to rile you up you just killed me with kindness.
And that burned me good, time after time.

And then you got all of my posts deleted for weeks and weeks...LOL

Now Abeliever, she had some fire inside. I miss her.
Ah yes, enough keyboard rambling for tonight. Goodnight again, I mean it this time. I have to drag myself out to see the old sawbones tomorrow.
whatever

Madison, TN

#92133 Aug 28, 2013
Hahaha
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#92134 Aug 28, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Pillows.(They come in pairs)
lol
MMmmmuuumm, with reference to Dolly Parton, my what a great place to suffocate!(well, it don't hurt to do a little dream'n.)
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#92135 Aug 28, 2013
@ Wolf - Yes, this is a vast difference between the resort areas and the rest of the backroads country. They even drive on the wrong side of what they call roads down there. A small world sometimes, but it sounds like you were down there about 5 years ahead of us. Like you, they took a bunch of us "nuders" way out to some small island and fixed chicken, etc, over an open fire. Had a 3-piece combo playing their music and when they took a break, I asked to borrow their guitar. Quite a crowd gathered around and pretty soon a gal named Suzy came up close and asked if I could play Delta Dawn. I took one look at her and....asked "what key ya want it in?" Well, she sang it fine and we met her people and all went well the remaining time there. Several years later we all met up in New Orleans for the Mardi Gras but I'll never go to that thing ever again!

Wolf,I can kinda understand the pirate thing but I got into it more indirectly through Cajun music. Pirate Jean Laffite (sp) fascinated me so I went to Lafitte, La. one time just to (?) see. The Cajuns in back country do NOT take too well with strangers until they get to know you, and that may take a spell. But thank goodness for music!!

@,--and to everyone. I'm not really a non-conformist but it seems like so many churches have become so (?)...,well,.. organized I guess. The Belle and I go to small Pleasants Christian Church 25 miles from here. It's like a little ole "church in the wildwood", off a country road, right at the edge of the woods, oaks galore. There isn't but about 65-70 of us at the most but I like it there with them, the Lord and pretty stained glass windows. Goodnight to all!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92136 Aug 29, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't watched that one. Is it new? If it is I'll wait a year if I have it in me, till it comes on the dish.
I dont watch much TV besides the westerns on TV land and AMC.
I like the chick flicks such as "Message in a Bottle" and "sleepless in Seattle" and "Castaway". I don't care much for all the meaningless action fighting movies and I totally detest Steven Seagal and all that fighting and never mess up his hair or clothes. Aliens and High tech does not interest me either. I had enough high tech at work. LOL I prefer the movies based on Historical events even those loosely based such as "Gettysburg". "Gods and Generals", "Titanic", and "Pearl Harbor". My friends VHS went on the blink and she has DVD and Blu-ray and brought me all her old VHS selections since mine still works and that is another reason we have a dinner and movie date night. But my all time favorite movie is "Dances with Wolves".

Like you, I watch mostly the Westerns on TV land and AMC. Also that "INSP" channel has westerns on Saturday. Turner Classics has been highlighting different actors each day in August, and I stayed glued the day they highlighted Randolph Scott. I even went to YouTube and listened to the Statler Brothers "What ever Happened to Randolph Scott" and every time that line came up I would talk to the dog and say "He is on Turner Classics" LOL

Good Luck with old sawbones and maybe the skill level will be a bit more updated than Doc Adams (Milburn Stone of Gunsmoke). Which reminds me, now that was a good movie too based on a true story... "Patch Adams".
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92137 Aug 29, 2013
@Missisppi Man.. I don't put much faith in preachers and teachers who's main objective seems to be the big business of "church". A poster on this thread a couple years back tagged some of those as "Pastor Fat Wallet". LOL

From my perspective, GOD is everywhere and I can and do worship daily better out in HIS Creations than I can in some large man-made building with man-made rules for maintaining social conformity for the clique.

My deceased wife is buried at a small country Christian church about 45 miles from here that overlooks a creek and I will join her someday and I hope GOD sees fit for that to be later. Like the Imposter, I don't fear death but my biggest fear is being a helpless invalid with stinky drawers.

you folks have a good day. Dog made it back from his favorite tree some time ago.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92138 Aug 29, 2013
@Imposter.. Your prior post to Miss E Font included the slang term "What the Sam Hill". I always like to use Google to see where some of those various terms originate.

There were several possibilities, but the one I liked the most is when Ky. Governor Buckner sent his adjutant (Sam Hill) to Pike County to investigate the Hatfield-McCoy feud and newspapers nationwide reported "What will Sam Hill find"?... Interesting.
qwerty

Hillsboro, OH

#92140 Aug 29, 2013
You're torn between logic and emotion today, with the result that you'll keep changing your drawers. This will be made worse if you ask others for their drawers because you'll quickly decide that they're weird, before moving on to the next person and probably revising your views again in the light of their drawers. You'll end up going round in circles if you carry on like this!

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#92142 Aug 29, 2013
Two Mexican detectives were investigating the murder of Juan Gonzalez.

'How was he killed?' asked one detective.

'With a golf gun,' the other detective replied.

'A golf gun! What the hell is a golf gun?'

'I don't know, but it sure made a hole in Juan.'
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92143 Aug 29, 2013
wow, not much since I left here this morning.

Location hidden

#92144 Aug 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
wow, not much since I left here this morning.
I agree
Looks like a slow day. We have the pioneer festival this weekend. Maybe I'll go learn to churn butter.
Anne

United States

#92145 Aug 29, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome to the club. A year ago I would have said show me your boobies and I'll sponsor your membership.
I would never say something like that now though...or would I? LOLOL
Goodnight Gang.
(.)(.)
Anne

United States

#92146 Aug 29, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree
Looks like a slow day. We have the pioneer festival this weekend. Maybe I'll go learn to churn butter.
I love those country festivals! I wandered around one of those on and off all last weekend and ate my share of festival food!!

Location hidden

#92147 Aug 29, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>(.)(.)
LOL. as I get older thats about right.
I remember when they were oo.
Anne

United States

#92148 Aug 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Missisppi Man.. I don't put much faith in preachers and teachers who's main objective seems to be the big business of "church". A poster on this thread a couple years back tagged some of those as "Pastor Fat Wallet". LOL
From my perspective, GOD is everywhere and I can and do worship daily better out in HIS Creations than I can in some large man-made building with man-made rules for maintaining social conformity for the clique.
My deceased wife is buried at a small country Christian church about 45 miles from here that overlooks a creek and I will join her someday and I hope GOD sees fit for that to be later. Like the Imposter, I don't fear death but my biggest fear is being a helpless invalid with stinky drawers.
you folks have a good day. Dog made it back from his favorite tree some time ago.
Ya know, AW, that part about being an invalid -stinky drawers or not, scares me too!! At that point a person can't even protest if a med is causing problems. And who's gonna listen and who's gonna even care enough?
Imposter

Manchester, KY

#92149 Aug 29, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
(.)(.)
LOLOLaaaahahahaha
Good one Anne. That made me laugh till it hurt. Ouch my belly.
I raise the motion to let Anne in the club as a full member from hence forth.

Ahahahaha nips and all.
Anne

United States

#92150 Aug 29, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Sis, lets go for the OO. LOL

(Surely no one EVER stretches the truth on topix)

Well, off with the thong club for our big night out!! And, hey, it's a real organization! Our little group has slightly modified it to the flip flops though. That's as crazy as we get. Lol
Imposter

Manchester, KY

#92151 Aug 29, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
You're beautiful Missy. We can see that much from right here.
Fine wine gets better with age.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Devin keith Wed Busted 8
anhydrous ammonia Wed w t f 2
Uncle lees to stay open Wed James 17
Jennifer Tucker/Edwards (Jan '12) Wed Betty 14
Samantha wells Tue question star mul... 1
Rudy n Seth cundiff (Jan '13) Tue name 32
Bleach Tablets Dec 23 Wtf 2
Greenville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web