Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Read more: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,765

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Read more
Anne

United States

#92097 Aug 27, 2013
Btw, Tollesboro Guy, I did google the house and that's one big pool!! Really nice!!! Then I googled my own house and was surprised to find the house wasnt there yet and we've lived here 2 years !! Took me a little while to figure out that was the trampoline in the yard though!! One night a strong wind took that big ole thing around the barn, leaving assorted parts in strange places, and put it upside down in the road. A neighbor stopped by (4:30am) and told us, so my daughter and I put on shoes, took a flashlight and struggled with that wretched thing so the school bus could get through!
Anne

United States

#92098 Aug 27, 2013
Now for the rest of the story: I was sleeping in the barn apartment when I got a phone call from some woman telling me the trampoline was in the road. I hung up the phone, grabbed my shoes and headed outside(4:30am). I was surprised but glad to see my daughter coming out of the trailer to help me with the trampoline. I asked her how she knew to come help. She said, " I called you and told you". No, you didn't! "Yes". But that wasnt you !!'"Yes". By now our adrenaline was high from our fight and, boy, did we ever yank that ole trampoline around!!!
it took a couple of days to solve the mystery! The neighbor woman had scared my daughter by knocking on the door at 4:30 and my daughter called me (for help) on her cell phone. I answered my phone at the same time my daughter opened her door( with the cell phone in her hand )for the neighbor. I said "hello" and the neighbor--talking to my daughter--said "hello" . I heard the neighbors entire speech, thinking she had called me on the phone !!! Heeheehee !
Imposter

Manchester, KY

#92101 Aug 27, 2013
Cumberland falls is supposed to be one of the most haunted areas in Kentucky. There is another, smaller falls close to it called eagle falls, beneath those falls a native american/settler massacre occurred. Yes both, a female Cherokee Indian war chief was taking a bunch of Cherokee kids to a boarding school or something like that and they were attacked by settlers at eagle falls (the cherks called it ywahoo falls, some still do) and wiped out all but a few, the kids were butchered along with the rest of the Indians. So the war chief Corn Blossum! That was her name, anyway, she survived and went to some great war chief that had buried his hatchet (literally)and told him what had happened, so they got a bunch of cherks together right fast and went on the warpath, they caught up with the settlers not far from eagle falls and killed every last one of them.
On the nights when the moon-bow is over the big falls, ancient war drums can be heard in the direction of eagle falls.
They say if you go towards the drums, you can hear children screaming curses and war whoops in cherk and men screaming in english, in agony, when you get close to eagle falls. I have thought I heard the faint beat of drums a few times in the fall of the year, but I never went towards the sound. The local cherks maintain that the moon-bows never appeared before the massacre.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92102 Aug 28, 2013
I woke up well before daylight (2 hours ago) with the dog needing to go out and the rooster crowing his silly head off and with arthritis and gout aching too much to get back to sleep. But at least I am above ground and no one is throwing dirt in my face and I have some good coffee and a donut; so my Thanks to GOD for such a good life. Not much else matters.
Anne

United States

#92103 Aug 28, 2013
AW, my better half has arthritis also and has recently started using Australian Dream cream that he bought from Walmart. It seems to help him so you might give it a try.
I really have enjoyed everyone's stories lately--personal and historical. Keep 'em comin'!
About those moderators. My personal opinion is that the red warning randomly shows up and has nothing to do with actual content. It has shown up several times on my comments and i simply resend my post. That usually works. Also my iphone wont send a message if Ive taken an excessive amount of time preparing the post. Those posts are totally lost. Other threads get pretty awful and seem to say anything and everything. Where's their censorship ?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#92105 Aug 28, 2013
Going to continue to get warmer and warmer this week. Hope you all enjoy it. Summer will be over soon!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#92106 Aug 28, 2013
Blessings come in so many forms: a mere stranger's kind words, assistance when needed, a smile of Good Day;) Living life to the fullness by our kindness in good deeds and kind words, respect and integrity. That makes for a Blessed Life.
To All the thoughful Birders suffering from dilemma I say Bless you, may you fight ease and a remedy. To those of you surviving the turmoil of existence that to will pass.A smile goes a long way. Just like a cup of java rejuvenates. Hehehe.
Nice day to All and may your days be filled with happy moments.
omg

Hyden, KY

#92107 Aug 28, 2013
thats all
Imposter

Manchester, KY

#92108 Aug 28, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I woke up well before daylight (2 hours ago) with the dog needing to go out and the rooster crowing his silly head off and with arthritis and gout aching too much to get back to sleep. But at least I am above ground and no one is throwing dirt in my face and I have some good coffee and a donut; so my Thanks to GOD for such a good life. Not much else matters.
We may have aches and pains wolf, but we shall remain kicking as long as the good LORD above sees fit, beyond that point, its up to him. In doing our part on his earth we are taking part in a great and wonderful master plan, a plan beyond our mortal comprehension.
When the apostles asked Jesus the question "how oh lord, can we become more like you?" He answered, "love one another as I have loved you."
In showing others respect and kindness, I think we are going with the flow so to speak.
My trails end seems to be pretty close at this point, but I travel on towards it without fear.
You have a good day old wolf, it has sure been a blessing to have known you, somewhat, and it has been great reading your insights on various things.
When T.U.F and I were hammering away at you and the gang, I must admit I did enjoy the civil war history lessons you gave, I never thanked you for that, so thank you Mr. Scruffy.
Put that in your old pipe and smoke it.
Now if you could just tell us how you avoided all those dinosaur turds, you ancient old coot, I would be satisfied...LMAO
Good day.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92109 Aug 28, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>We may have aches and pains wolf, but we shall remain kicking as long as the good LORD above sees fit, beyond that point, its up to him. In doing our part on his earth we are taking part in a great and wonderful master plan, a plan beyond our mortal comprehension.
When the apostles asked Jesus the question "how oh lord, can we become more like you?" He answered, "love one another as I have loved you."
In showing others respect and kindness, I think we are going with the flow so to speak.
My trails end seems to be pretty close at this point, but I travel on towards it without fear.
You have a good day old wolf, it has sure been a blessing to have known you, somewhat, and it has been great reading your insights on various things.
When T.U.F and I were hammering away at you and the gang, I must admit I did enjoy the civil war history lessons you gave, I never thanked you for that, so thank you Mr. Scruffy.
Put that in your old pipe and smoke it.
Now if you could just tell us how you avoided all those dinosaur turds, you ancient old coot, I would be satisfied...LMAO
Good day.
Made me smile--- kindness flows like a river some days
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92110 Aug 28, 2013
@Imposter.. I turned those dinosaur turds into the cheap hot dogs and sold them. Were your's tasty ? LOL

Speaking of the Civil War, I have a date Friday to watch "Glory" again with my friend. The story of the 54th Massachuttes (first black regiment) led by 28 year old white Colonel Robert Gould Shaw who had only been married for 2 months. His widow (Anna Haggerty Shaw) never married again unti her death in 1907.

Morgan Freeman plays the role of Sergeant-Major (and former grave-digger) John Rawlings who trained the 54th at night after they were treated so badly by the former white Sergeant-Major. His demise remains unknown but it is thought to have been blown to bits by cannon fire when they led the charge on Fort Wagner at Morris Island, South Carolina near Charleston.

I have visited there including Fort Sumter. Kentuckian and Union general Robert Anderson commanded that garrison when it was first fired on by the Confederates to begin the Civil War. Creole and Confederate General Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard led the Confederates at the defense of Charleston firing on Anderson at Fort Sumter.
Imposter

Manchester, KY

#92111 Aug 28, 2013
Now that is some interesting stuff right there. I'll have to watch that one. "Beauregard" is a right good sounding name, I think it is anyways. I would be willing to bet that not many children at all were given that name after the 70's.

I always liked those Morgan Freeman movies. I took a civil war history class many many years ago, it would have been a good class if the professor hadn't have been such a woodpeckerhead. LOL
Imposter

Manchester, KY

#92112 Aug 28, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Made me smile--- kindness flows like a river some days
Yes it does.
Wolf was the hardest one for me to be mean to......Back when I was being mean on a regular basis. Even rough old T.U.F took a liking to the old fellow after a wile. Sometimes you run into top shelf people in the strangest of places.
I always thought this was just a place to argue. Go figure.
Keep on smiling missy, every chance you get.
Time for a nap.

Location hidden

#92113 Aug 28, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it does.
Wolf was the hardest one for me to be mean to......Back when I was being mean on a regular basis. Even rough old T.U.F took a liking to the old fellow after a wile. Sometimes you run into top shelf people in the strangest of places.
I always thought this was just a place to argue. Go figure.
Keep on smiling missy, every chance you get.
Time for a nap.
I've always had a soft spot for old wolf myself.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#92114 Aug 28, 2013
Hey guys! I had a good time catching up with the thread. Glad everyone is doing well. Isn't life wonderful?

You all keep on keeping on! I'll keep popping in once in a while to catch up, at least until the sleet and snow starts to fly again. Then I guess I'll become a "regular" poster once more, hehe!!

For now, critters and house/property chores are keeping me pretty darn busy. I'm starting to think that this coming winter will be a very welcomed rest period for my old bones for a change.....

God bless you all and take care till later!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92116 Aug 28, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always had a soft spot for old wolf myself.
Oh Goody!! a pillow. LOL

Location hidden

#92117 Aug 28, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Oh Goody!! a pillow. LOL
Pillows.(They come in pairs)
lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92118 Aug 28, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Now that is some interesting stuff right there. I'll have to watch that one. "Beauregard" is a right good sounding name, I think it is anyways. I would be willing to bet that not many children at all were given that name after the 70's.
I always liked those Morgan Freeman movies. I took a civil war history class many many years ago, it would have been a good class if the professor hadn't have been such a woodpeckerhead. LOL
I especially liked Morgan Freeman as "Hoag" playing opposite of Jessica Tandy in "Driving Miss Daisy". It refects how people from different backgrounds and views can come together to be good friends. A touching scene for me was when Idella the cook passed on while shelling peas... being productive to the very end. That is my desire.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#92119 Aug 28, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Pillows.(They come in pairs)
lol
Ah yes! I really like a nice pair of pillows.

Location hidden

#92120 Aug 28, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I especially liked Morgan Freeman as "Hoag" playing opposite of Jessica Tandy in "Driving Miss Daisy". It refects how people from different backgrounds and views can come together to be good friends. A touching scene for me was when Idella the cook passed on while shelling peas... being productive to the very end. That is my desire.
I saw Morgan Freeman in Olympus has fallen
He did a great job.
I love a good movie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daddstar💨 2 hr justin bell 1
Dale Van Vuren (Sep '11) 2 hr Solaris 13
Several Juveniles Charged For Fighting 6 hr Officer 11
Carrie Byrd 6 hr Carrie 5
Gourmet Express (Aug '13) 15 hr Wondering 37
Carrie Byrd and Jason Webs 15 hr Hello 8
Carrie Nelson Masden Sun LoveHer 13

Flood Warning for Muhlenberg County was issued at April 20 at 10:21PM EDT

More from around the web

Greenville People Search