Alison Grimes is Bad for Kentucky & A...

Alison Grimes is Bad for Kentucky & America!

Posted in the Greenville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ivote

Murphy, NC

#1 Aug 13, 2014
I am not Mitch’s biggest fan, but I can't trust Allison Grimes as far as I can throw a dump truck. Watch how robotic her speeches are, its so evident that she is merely a puppet being fed things to say. Did you know she was hand picked by Harry Reid? Its Harry that has everyone's work froze in gridlock while Congress gets the blame for doing nothing. The House has passed 360 bills, I can't call that nothing. The people however, never get the results of the House's hard work because it gets frozen on Harry’s desk. Obama tells Harry what to freeze and we get "nothing". Where is the Keystone Pipeline bill? Yea, it’s in that stack of 360 bills froze on Harry’s desk. Stop this “King Obama” thing, Obama insist we keep gridlock, it enables him with more power, you know the I'm "King" and “I have a pen and phone” crap. Get rid of gridlock Harry forever. Vote for our new Senate Majority Leader, Vote for Kentucky Senator Mitch McConnell !
Ken Murphy

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Aug 14, 2014
This sounds line a conversation I had with a county elected official the other day.

Hopefully you other democrats will see the light too
no way

Central City, KY

#3 Aug 14, 2014
I will not vote for Mitch McConnell again, no way. I voted for Obama once but not twice. I don't like Politics period, I thought we were Americans," indivisible" kind of a joke actually because we are so divided that it's sickening. Alison will get my vote, I will give her a chance. It's election time and they will say anything to get votes. Mitch also said that it wasn't his job to bring jobs to the Common Wealth, really?
Dr is in the house

United States

#4 Aug 14, 2014
no way wrote:
I will not vote for Mitch McConnell again, no way. I voted for Obama once but not twice. I don't like Politics period, I thought we were Americans," indivisible" kind of a joke actually because we are so divided that it's sickening. Alison will get my vote, I will give her a chance. It's election time and they will say anything to get votes. Mitch also said that it wasn't his job to bring jobs to the Common Wealth, really?
It has never been the job of an U.S. Senator to bring jobs to their respective states or commonwealths and it never will be. They are there to push the agendas that their constituents elected then for. I've always been a democrat but both Senators McConnell and Paul vote for what's best for our area and not what's politically correct. McConnell could be one of the most powerful Senators ever and we need his influence in Washington. He represents all citizens well and it is my opinion that we better leave that seat alone and pass on Grimes. Just take a trip to D. C. and request a tour through McConnell's office and you'll see firsthand how much power that our commonwealth has over there.

MrsGladToBeMe

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#5 Aug 14, 2014
Dr is in the house wrote:
<quoted text>
It has never been the job of an U.S. Senator to bring jobs to their respective states or commonwealths and it never will be. They are there to push the agendas that their constituents elected then for. I've always been a democrat but both Senators McConnell and Paul vote for what's best for our area and not what's politically correct. McConnell could be one of the most powerful Senators ever and we need his influence in Washington. He represents all citizens well and it is my opinion that we better leave that seat alone and pass on Grimes. Just take a trip to D. C. and request a tour through McConnell's office and you'll see firsthand how much power that our commonwealth has over there.
What has OLD Mitch McConnell done for Kentucky???
Patches

Franklin, KY

#6 Aug 14, 2014
I would vote for a dog turd before I would vote for McConnell.
Hmm

Greenville, KY

#7 Aug 14, 2014
Patches wrote:
I would vote for a dog turd before I would vote for McConnell.
So that means Grimes has your vote.
Hmm

Greenville, KY

#8 Aug 14, 2014
MrsGladToBeMe wrote:
<quoted text>
What has OLD Mitch McConnell done for Kentucky???
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/pol...
inquiring mind

Central City, KY

#9 Aug 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Would you please tell us exactly what Mitch has done for Ky. in the past 6 to 8 years.
Redick

Central City, KY

#10 Aug 14, 2014
inquiring mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you please tell us exactly what Mitch has done for Ky. in the past 6 to 8 years.
I'll ask what has Mitch done for Kentucky in the past 30 years. Can't say he's not had enough time to get the coal business straightened out, but it sounds like he has just become aware that there's a problem with coal mining. Where has this guy been hiding all these years? There's always been problems with coal mines in Kentucky and after 36 years in office he's going to fix the coal mines? I was born in Kentucky. been around some 70 years...the only time you see Mitch is when he needs a raise or get his job renewed. Will Alison do any better, I won't know until she proves that she's not going to...I'm for giving her a chance to find out!!!!
Hmm

Greenville, KY

#12 Aug 15, 2014
Redick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll ask what has Mitch done for Kentucky in the past 30 years. Can't say he's not had enough time to get the coal business straightened out, but it sounds like he has just become aware that there's a problem with coal mining. Where has this guy been hiding all these years? There's always been problems with coal mines in Kentucky and after 36 years in office he's going to fix the coal mines? I was born in Kentucky. been around some 70 years...the only time you see Mitch is when he needs a raise or get his job renewed. Will Alison do any better, I won't know until she proves that she's not going to...I'm for giving her a chance to find out!!!!
What have you been doing for 70 years that you never learned how the 3 branches of government operate? Blaming McC for not "fixing" the coal mines would be like blaming your muffler mechanic because your engine has a factory defect.
Redick

Central City, KY

#13 Aug 18, 2014
Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
What have you been doing for 70 years that you never learned how the 3 branches of government operate? Blaming McC for not "fixing" the coal mines would be like blaming your muffler mechanic because your engine has a factory defect.
I've been working for most of my 70 years and still at it. Never had to bother with the 3 branches of government,(Executive, Judicial or Legislative), paid my taxes on time, played by the rules and tried not to violate the law, got a ticket for speeding when I was 18.

With all due respect I would not take my car to a muffler mechanic if I had engine problems, that would be kind of foolish don't you think. The same holds true with politicians', if I know what a politician has done for the people the past 30 years, and there's nothing I can measure...I think it's way past time to try someone else.
believe the lies

United States

#14 Aug 19, 2014
Do you people know McM's wife is on the board of the sierra club and makes better money than he does? That's why he hasn't helped coal people as much as coal owners.
Hmm

Greenville, KY

#15 Aug 19, 2014
Redick wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been working for most of my 70 years and still at it. Never had to bother with the 3 branches of government,(Executive, Judicial or Legislative), paid my taxes on time, played by the rules and tried not to violate the law, got a ticket for speeding when I was 18.
With all due respect I would not take my car to a muffler mechanic if I had engine problems, that would be kind of foolish don't you think. The same holds true with politicians', if I know what a politician has done for the people the past 30 years, and there's nothing I can measure...I think it's way past time to try someone else.
It would be foolish. So why then blame 1 Senator in US Congress for not fixing the issues in the coal industry? What makes you think that a different Senator can fix the issues?

If you want to know what McConnell has done lately, here are some bill proposals. Two of them address the the coal industry. I hope this helps. You can do the rest of the research.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s2...

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s2...

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/s1...
ivote

Nashville, TN

#16 Aug 19, 2014
Alison Grimes is campaigning Kentucky in her forty-five foot bus. Posing for photos next to the forty-five foot bus with that over-sized image of herself. Her daddy Jerry (the multimillionaire), well his company acquired the bus just before Alison’s campaign started. He is “renting” the bus to her for a fraction of what other companies typically charge. Federal law bars a campaign from receiving goods and services below the fair market value; regardless of whether it is owned by a family member. So if Alison is lawless now, why put here in office? Don’t make me cut that willow switch, Keep Mitch!
believe the lies

Greenville, KY

#17 Aug 19, 2014
ivote wrote:
Alison Grimes is campaigning Kentucky in her forty-five foot bus. Posing for photos next to the forty-five foot bus with that over-sized image of herself. Her daddy Jerry (the multimillionaire), well his company acquired the bus just before Alison’s campaign started. He is “renting” the bus to her for a fraction of what other companies typically charge. Federal law bars a campaign from receiving goods and services below the fair market value; regardless of whether it is owned by a family member. So if Alison is lawless now, why put here in office? Don’t make me cut that willow switch, Keep Mitch!
She'll help the miners not the companies
ivote

Prospect, TN

#18 Aug 19, 2014
If we get to keep the companies, we'll also get to keep the miners. If we get to keep miners they can decide if they want to keep a union. But no companies and everyone is out of work!

You hinted that I lied, my source was Politico please check it for yourself.

If you get a chance call the Grimes folks and also ask them about a Laurel County complaint with Kentucky's Ethics Commission after receiving a fundraising e-mail sent to government e-mail accounts by Grimes. The complaint concerns the legality of Grimes sending fundraising e-mails to all county clerks within the state. All clerks fall under Grimes in matters pertaining to elections. If necessary I'll chase you with that willow switch, Keep Mitch!
Ditch Mitch

Cadiz, KY

#19 Aug 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Dr. in the house, please look in the medicine cabinet and take some new medication, that being Allison Lundergan Grimes, Mitch McConnell is listed as one of the most corrupt politicians of all time, if he has been so good for Kentucky why are we still listed as #48 in education, if he is so good for the coal industry why was it declining long before Obama took office, why does he not support bills that will benefit miners and their families, look beyond the propaganda and look at his record. Hey, google his listed corruption, I for one am sick of the corruption. throw them all out in Congress and start with a new one, this one is worthless, and that includes this Senator, and as for his influence in Congress, it is for personal gain I believe, he does not give a hoot about you and me and Kentucky!
Ditch Mitch

Cadiz, KY

#20 Aug 25, 2014
ivote wrote:
If you will follow the trail of Mitch over the last 30 plus years you will see Allison's bus is nothing compared to what has been going on al these years. Give some fresh blood a chance. What do you have to lose? What has he done? Give me some specifics on what he has actually accomplished.
Hmm

Greenville, KY

#21 Aug 25, 2014
Ditch Mitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. in the house, please look in the medicine cabinet and take some new medication, that being Allison Lundergan Grimes, Mitch McConnell is listed as one of the most corrupt politicians of all time, if he has been so good for Kentucky why are we still listed as #48 in education, if he is so good for the coal industry why was it declining long before Obama took office, why does he not support bills that will benefit miners and their families, look beyond the propaganda and look at his record. Hey, google his listed corruption, I for one am sick of the corruption. throw them all out in Congress and start with a new one, this one is worthless, and that includes this Senator, and as for his influence in Congress, it is for personal gain I believe, he does not give a hoot about you and me and Kentucky!
Another clueless voter. So sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monk sorrels 1 hr Solo 7
Sheila 10 hr Sheila Oates 5
lori west or 15 hr Cray Cray 2
Two Rivers Sun george 8
Tara Vincent Sun Pickles 8
Driver licenses Sun Oops 5
Blakelyn Groves Aug 18 Abracadabra 1

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance