First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just_Wondering

Belton, KY

#1 Nov 21, 2012
Is anyone else aware of the fact that the City of Greenville had the crosses at Luzerne Lake taken down, I was told that a certian "official" stated that they were an "EYE-SORE"!!! This makes sick!!! There were 3 crosses there a big white one for Sara Hanson who was murdered and found out there and there were also two small crosses there for the two small children who were drowned by there father. If you would like to see these crosses you will have to look in the brush pile at Luzurne Lake before they are burned!!!!
mater

Magnolia, KY

#2 Nov 22, 2012
That's pitiful there! Typical Greenville officials though they have no respect and only look out for themselves!!
Who Knows

Owensboro, KY

#3 Nov 22, 2012
What's an "eyesore" is the Greenville officials themselves. Especially the ones who ride their families around, running errands in official vehicles with taxpayer gas.
saw that coming

Duluth, GA

#4 Nov 22, 2012
Just_Wondering wrote:
Is anyone else aware of the fact that the City of Greenville had the crosses at Luzerne Lake taken down, I was told that a certian "official" stated that they were an "EYE-SORE"!!! This makes sick!!! There were 3 crosses there a big white one for Sara Hanson who was murdered and found out there and there were also two small crosses there for the two small children who were drowned by there father. If you would like to see these crosses you will have to look in the brush pile at Luzurne Lake before they are burned!!!!
As I drove by there the other day,I said to myself, wonder how long before they take the crosses down... So sad they would even do that!!! If its a EYE sore as they say ,they should create a area at the lake with 3 benches for the loved ones who were taken ,for the family to go to.
Yes

United States

#5 Nov 22, 2012
I heard they tried to make the street department do it but they refused so guess The main officials paid someone off to do it. How disrespectful shame on them
justice ann

United States

#6 Nov 22, 2012
Ok y'all are stupid. They are doing construction so the crosses were temporarily taken down. Go eat some turkey and shut up
County Citizen

Greenville, KY

#7 Nov 22, 2012
I drove by a few minutes ago and the crosses are still there. Where's the beef.........er turkey?
justice ann

Duluth, GA

#8 Nov 22, 2012
County Citizen wrote:
I drove by a few minutes ago and the crosses are still there. Where's the beef.........er turkey?
Lol right! These mugs are ridiculous
Really

United States

#9 Nov 22, 2012
Actually they are trying to have them moved just ask Benny. I heard it come from his mouth that they need to be removed indefinitely
!!!

Morganfield, KY

#10 Nov 22, 2012
It a shame the crosses wasn't hurt anything the mayor will no get my vote again
Joe

Chattanooga, TN

#11 Nov 23, 2012
Seen one of the Harvey boys and 2 others taking them down.
josh

Bellevue, WA

#12 Nov 23, 2012
i live in central city,but if i lived in greenville i would call the mayors office and complain! she was such a sweet girl, i went to north and she went to south we were the same age it could hav been me or you i think all involved in the removal should be ashamed!
adam

Owensboro, KY

#14 Nov 24, 2012
That's sick. Sara was such a sweet girl. I also went to school with her. The crosses are beautiful. They mean so much to the family and friends.
dont be stupid

Duluth, GA

#15 Nov 24, 2012
THEY ARE DOING CONSTRUCTION, they have to be moved to be kept from getting destroyed. Come on y'all quit being so stupid!
Media Guy

Greenville, KY

#16 Nov 24, 2012
People believe everything they hear in this county. The fact is they are doing construction over there and the lake is looking great. It will be a place where we can take our kids fishing. Stop listening to the rumor mill and open your eyes.
Just me

Central City, KY

#17 Nov 24, 2012
Joe wrote:
. I can promise the Harvey's did not have anything to do with the crosses coming down. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT BEFORE YOU POST A RIDICULOUS POST!!!
Greenville insider

Central City, KY

#18 Nov 24, 2012
Ok...... so the truth is the Harvey's found the cross in the brush burn pile and was devastated . They took the cross from the burn pile and put it back up where it belongs on Thanksgiving morning . They have more integrity in their little finger then you have in you body JOE. Next time find out what's going on before you post.
No your facts

Madisonville, KY

#19 Nov 24, 2012
The city dept of Greenville took it down. I've called myself and asked why. The harvey's did not have a thing to do with it coming down. It was taken down by the city sometime the first of the week not sure what day but I noticed it gone then. I saw the Harveys putting it up on Thursday Thanksgiving day. So if u did see them Thursday at the lake they were taking their thanksgiving day to correct a problem that some of our city officials caused. Please don't keep on with this topic. Sara was dearly loved by so many and if there are complaints contact the city officials.
Sad

United States

#20 Nov 24, 2012
Joe wrote:
the crosses are still there. Quit trying to throw people under the bus to support this lie. People like you make me sick.
Pastor Rich

Princeton, KY

#21 Nov 24, 2012
We will have a vigil for the crosses tomorrow .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
justin and crystal 5 hr Well 50
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) 7 hr Greenville man 459
Mitch McConnell 10 hr Blonde 4
john pope aka alex 11 hr southrenbygrace 8
uncle lees 11 hr Bushy 85
Dana Peterson (Feb '10) 12 hr Haha girl please 21
Samantha Stanley (Sep '13) 12 hr Crystal 29

Freeze Warning for Muhlenberg County was issued at October 31 at 5:05AM EDT

Greenville Dating
Find my Match