Lake Villa, IL

#24 Jun 15, 2014
What's the middle of the week?
Counts what day starts it .

Lake Villa, IL

#25 Jun 15, 2014
Here is a "thule" how many nuclear torpedoes recovered 3 or 4 ?

In the history of world catastrophe was due to improper handling of radioactive material, some examples are:

Severe events befell in March 1956 when it sank a B-47, bound for Florida, with two nuclear warheads "Florida".
In January 1961, a B-52 bomber crashes, loaded with two 24-megaton nuclear bombs, a thousand times more powerful than Hiroshima, North Carolina.

You will not believe the missing torpedoes serial number.
In 1968, a B-52 bomber with four nuclear bombs, crashes on approach to the Thule base in Greenland, the fire causes a dispersion of plutonium contamination.

Also, many ships and submarines, reactors or atomic missiles, have sunk below are examples:

In May 1968, the submarine USS Scorpion (SSN-589), with a crew of 99 people, sinks, two nuclear torpedoes Astor, 400 miles off the Azores.
Transporting radioactive material, collapsed in March 1968 Yankee submarine type 2 (K-129), with nearly 100 victims.
In April 1970 sank in the Bay of Biscay November submarine (K-8), killing 52 people.

Lake Villa, IL

#26 Jun 15, 2014
Two years later, on January 21, 1968, a similar accident occurred when a B-52 caught fire in flight above Greenland and crashed in ice-covered North Star Bay near the Thule Air Base. The impact detonated the explosives in all four of the plane’s H-bombs, which scattered uranium, tritium and plutonium over a 2,000-foot radius. The intense fire melted a hole in the ice, which then refroze, encapsulating much of the debris, including the thermonuclear assembly from one of the bombs. The recovery operation, conducted in near total darkness at temperatures that plunged to minus-70 degrees, was known as Project Crested Ice. But the work crews called it “Dr. Freezelove.”

More than 10,000 tons of snow and ice were cut away, put into barrels and transported to Savannah River and Oak Ridge for disposal. Other radioactive debris was simply left on site, to melt into the bay after the spring thaws. More than 3,000 workers helped in the Thule recovery effort, many of them Danish soldiers. As at Palomares, most of the American workers were offered some protective gear, but not the Danes, who did much of the most dangerous work, including filling the barrels with the debris, often by hand. The decontamination procedures were primitive to say the least. An Air Force report noted that they were cleansed “by simply brushing the snow from garments and vehicles.”

Even though more than 38 Navy ships were called to assist in the recovery operation, and it was an open secret that the bombs had been lost, the Pentagon continued to lie about the situation. In one contentious exchange with the press, a Pentagon spokesman uttered this classic bit of military doublespeak:“I don’t know of any missing bomb, but we have not positively identified what I think you are looking for.”

When Danish workers at Thule began to get sick from a slate of illnesses, ranging from rare cancers to blood disorders, the Pentagon refused to help. Even after a 1987 epidemiological study by a Danish medical institute showed that Thule workers were 50 percent more likely to develop cancers than other members of the Danish military, the Pentagon still refused to cooperate. Later that year, 200 of the workers sued the United States under the Foreign Military Claims Act. The lawsuit was dismissed, but the discovery process revealed thousands of pages of secret documents about the incident, including the fact that Air Force workers at the site, unlike the Danes, have not been subject to long-term health monitoring. Even so, the Pentagon continues to keep most of the material on the Thule incident secret, including any information on the extent of the radioactive (and other toxic) contamination.

Lake Villa, IL

#27 Jun 15, 2014
Hey, mistakes happen. It's the coverup that bothers me.Retroactively okaying a law after you broke it ,ATT.

Lake Villa, IL

#28 Jun 15, 2014
corporation n.
an organization formed with state governmental approval to act as an artificial person to carry on business (or other activities),

which can sue or be sued, and (unless it is non-profit) can issue shares of stock to raise funds with which to start a business or increase its capital.

One benefit is that a corporation's liability for damages or debts is limited to its assets, so the shareholders and officers are protected from personal claims, unless they commit fraud.

Only one Bernie Madoff ,how many billions ,no conspiracy there.

Lake Villa, IL

#29 Jun 15, 2014
All right so George Ryan had a defense fund started by insurance companies that benefitted from George signing an insurance law ,It was found to be illegal. Does anyone look at the law itself afterwards,or because money is made off of it ,it stays, Case in point ,Paul Powell ,Illinois Secretary of State ,was investigated and found innocent,afterwards millions of dollars found in his closet .Does anyone look at all his actions for possible crimes committed,obviously the investigation end smelled a little.Sometimes there appears to be two sides ,the government and the corporations and the people are left out.
well I never

United States

#30 Jun 15, 2014
Hey guess put Down the crack pipe!!!

Lake Villa, IL

#31 Jun 16, 2014
Yeah right.
Area Code Coincidence
Area code 773 went into effect in the city of Chicago, Illinois, on October 12, 1996, with a brief grace period that ended on January 11, 1997. The area code covers the city, excluding the downtown core.
Originally, the entire city and suburbs were in area code 312. Then, in 1989, area code 708 was created for the suburbs, leaving a rump 312. On August 10, 2007, the Illinois Commerce Commission announced that area code 872 will overlay area codes 312 and 773, and entered into service on November 7, 2009.
ray ray

United States

#32 Jun 16, 2014
Again GUESS please put down the CRACK PIPE YOU HAVE ISSUES

Lake Villa, IL

#34 Jun 17, 2014
Isabelle Dufresne 9/6/1935 - 6/14/2014

In 2010, filmmaker David Henry Gerson released Ultra Violet for Sixteen Minutes, a short documentary showing her perspectives on fame, art, religion, and her current artistic practice.

In 2011, she was featured in a brief article about the surviving former Warhol "Superstars".Regardi ng her famous past and her artwork today, she has said,“People always want to know about the past, but I’m much more interested in tomorrow".In 2011, she showed a series of artworks as her personal memorial of the September 11 attacks, which were displayed in the exhibit Memorial IX XI at Queensborough Community College, opening on Friday, September 9.

In a 2012 interview, she said, "I’m a New Yorker, I’m an American, and I’m an artist. Because of those three things, I had to do something about 9/11, and the question was what to do, which is not simple".

Personal life
In 1973, a near-death experience launched Ultra Violet on a spiritual quest, culminating in her baptism in 1981. From 1981 until her death, she was a practicing member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

After a long battle with cancer, she died on 14 June 2014 in New York City.
Bump

United States

#35 Jun 17, 2014
Yes guest has issues

Lake Villa, IL

#36 Jun 18, 2014
A psychiatrist gave me an rx for the Thorazine shuffle.

Lake Villa, IL

#37 Jun 18, 2014
He told me I was being "Squeezed" out of work ,home etc.

Lake Villa, IL

#38 Jun 18, 2014
Guess that covers both sides of the coin : except of course the last option,

Cornerstone Definition
dictionary.search.yahoo.com
n. noun
A stone at the corner of a building uniting two intersecting walls; a quoin.
Such a stone, often inscribed, laid at a ceremony marking the origin of a building.
An indispensable and fundamental basis.
the cornerstone of an argument.

Lake Villa, IL

#39 Jun 18, 2014
Here for example, are two views of the same vision

Century 4 Quatrain 25
The heavenly bodies endlessly visible to the eye
come to cloud (the intellect) for their own reasons.
The body, together with the forehead, senses and head all invisible,
as the sacred prayers diminish.

Corps sublimes sans fin à l'œil visibles:
Obnubiler viendront par ses raisons:
Corps, front comprins, sens chef & inuisibles.
Diminuant les sacrees oraisons.

Century 4 Quatrain 31
The moon, in the middle of the night over the high mountain,
the young wise man alone with his brain has seen it.Invited by his disciples to become immortal,his eyes to the south, his hands on his breast, his body in the fire.

La Lune au plain de nuict sur le haut mont,
Le nouveau sophe d'un seul cerveau l'a veu:
Par ses disciples estre immortel semond,
Yeux au midi, en seins mains, corps au feu.

Alright ,something similiar to this is depicted by Rene Magritte ,In his " Muscles of the Sky" and Salvador Dalis "Opposition". I have to wonder ,
(Please forgive me for this) but ,Is God Real?
Can God take a person from one of the lowest rungs of society and lift him up somehow ?,against the opposition of both sides?

"I don't know,it's all kind of blurred up and hazy ,but ,you know what I mean if I said,I don't think I'll ever figure it out." ,)

Lake Villa, IL

#40 Jun 18, 2014

Lake Villa, IL

#41 Jun 18, 2014
Found this today;

From and including: Friday, November 7, 2014
To, but not including Monday, November 10, 2014

Result: 3 days
It is 3 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Alternative time units
3 days can be converted to one of these units:
259,200 seconds
4320 minutes
72 hours
3 days
From and including: Saturday, October 11, 2014
To, but not including Monday, November 10, 2014

Result: 30 days
It is 30 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Alternative time units
30 days can be converted to one of these units:
2,592,000 seconds
43,200 minutes
720 hours
30 days
4 weeks (rounded

Lake Villa, IL

#42 Jun 18, 2014
Date difference from Mar 12, 2014 to Nov 10, 2014

The total number of days between Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 and Monday, November 10th, 2014 is 243 days.

This is equal to exactly 7 months and 29 days.(7 11)

This does not include the end date, so it's accurate if you're measuring your age in days, or the total days between the start and end date. But if you want the duration of an event that includes both the starting date and the ending date, then it would actually be 244 days.

If you're counting workdays or weekends, there are 173 weekdays and 70 weekend days.

If you include the end date of Nov 10, 2014 which is a Monday, then there would be 174 weekdays and 70 weekend days including both the starting Wednesday and the ending Monday.( 11 7)

243 days is equal to 34 weeks and 5 days.

The total time span from 2014-03-12 to 2014-11-10 is 5,832 hours.(11 inside of 7)

This is equivalent to 349,920 minutes.( 7 9 11)

You can also convert 243 days to 20,995,200 seconds.(11 9 7)

Lake Villa, IL

#43 Jun 18, 2014
Date difference from Mar 12, 2014 to Oct 11, 2014

The total number of days between Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 and Saturday, October 11th, 2014 is 213 days.(Trinity)

This is equal to exactly 6 months and 29 days.

This does not include the end date, so it's accurate if you're measuring your age in days, or the total days between the start and end date. But if you want the duration of an event that includes both the starting date and the ending date, then it would actually be 214 days.

If you're counting workdays or weekends, there are 153 weekdays and 60 weekend days.

If you include the end date of Oct 11, 2014 which is a Saturday, then there would be 153 weekdays and 61 weekend days including both the starting Wednesday and the ending Saturday.

213 days is equal to 30 weeks and 3 days.

The total time span from 2014-03-12 to 2014-10-11 is 5,112 hours.(11 inside of 7)

This is equivalent to 306,720 minutes.(171)

You can also convert 213 days to 18,403,200 seconds.(171)

Date difference from Mar 12, 2014 to Nov 7, 2014

The total number of days between Wednesday, March 12th, 2014 and Friday, November 7th, 2014 is 240 days.

This is equal to exactly 7 months and 26 days.(78)

This does not include the end date, so it's accurate if you're measuring your age in days, or the total days between the start and end date. But if you want the duration of an event that includes both the starting date and the ending date, then it would actually be 241 days.(7)

If you're counting workdays or weekends, there are 172 weekdays and 68 weekend days.

If you include the end date of Nov 7, 2014 which is a Friday, then there would be 173 weekdays and 68 weekend days including both the starting Wednesday and the ending Friday.

240 days is equal to 34 weeks and 2 days.

The total time span from 2014-03-12 to 2014-11-07 is 5,760 hours.(171)

This is equivalent to 345,600 minutes.(711)

You can also convert 240 days to 20,736,000 seconds.(171)

Lake Villa, IL

#44 Jun 18, 2014
The exact date of Gregory's birth is uncertain, but is usually estimated to be around the year 540, in the city of Rome. His parents named him Gregorius, which according to Aelfric in An Homily on the Birth-Day of S. Gregory, "... is a Greek Name, which signifies in the Latin Tongue Vigilantius, that is in English, Watchful....

Gregory's mother, Silvia, was well-born and had a married sister, Pateria, in Sicily. His mother and two paternal aunts are honored by Catholic and Orthodox churches as saints .

The man will be called by a barbaric name
that three sisters will receive from destiny.
He will speak then to a great people in words and deeds,
more than any other man will have fame and renown.(Ι-76)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shelter for women in Greenville 55 min anon 32
Die hard democracts. 1 hr Well- 18
Finally!! A More Conservative America 1 hr Well- 12
ok 3 hr hmmm 1
cory williams 6 hr jim g 1
Keep A Word, Lose A Word (Nov '11) 7 hr black toy 4 wf 27
PR Zone (Oct '11) 8 hr Ripped 53

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance