First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Blue balls

United States

#1 May 21, 2014
How can this jerk be getting paid and act like such a as-. Bad attitude needs to go!!!!
Bmfj

United States

#2 May 21, 2014
Coming on surely the burg can do better than this cursing fool...
Rookie

United States

#3 May 22, 2014
Why are we traveling around playing late games with 7 and 8 year old kids? The other night two Greenville rookie teams played each other in Beechmont. Didn't get home until around 9:45, way to late!
Support

Dunmor, KY

#4 May 22, 2014
Why don't you try and voice support instead of criticism? The fact is great things are happening in MuhlCo with our Little League programs and who ever is in charge will be judged and scrutinized. The new parks at west are going to be great. The envy of other counties. I say thank you for how he has worked to put this vision together and thanks to the Martin Foundation for all their support.
North end

United States

#5 May 23, 2014
Support wrote:
Why don't you try and voice support instead of criticism? The fact is great things are happening in MuhlCo with our Little League programs and who ever is in charge will be judged and scrutinized. The new parks at west are going to be great. The envy of other counties. I say thank you for how he has worked to put this vision together and thanks to the Martin Foundation for all their support.
Yes the parks will be great, but you are missing the whole point. People who live in Bremen and other parts of the county don't want to drive 15 miles to play a 7:30 game. Also Mr. In charge is a total jerk to parents , coaches and even to the kids. Yes Greenville needed a new park but Bremen needs one too.
Eagle Pride

Dunmor, KY

#6 May 23, 2014
North end wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the parks will be great, but you are missing the whole point. People who live in Bremen and other parts of the county don't want to drive 15 miles to play a 7:30 game. Also Mr. In charge is a total jerk to parents , coaches and even to the kids. Yes Greenville needed a new park but Bremen needs one too.
I love the parks at west but each school needs a field for PE and practices. Don Richey, school board chairman from Bremen has done nothing to get fields at Bremen. He doesn't care about kids in his district. That's just not fair especially when they built one at South Elementary. I heard all the Little League Commissioners voted to combine the teams and play on these new fields so that sounds like a solid plan. I don't know Mr Barton that well or how he treats people but with that kind of job you need to have a thick skin I'm sure. I think the kids will love playing at such a nice field. I agree that adults need to get on board and support the new complex.
X coach

Gilbertsville, KY

#7 May 25, 2014
Taking Jr rookie away was a huge mistake. And the late games, should be for older groups. I have coached tall for 5 years and this is the first year I'm not coaching. Even though I miss it, I'm glad I got out.
when will school end

Madisonville, KY

#8 May 27, 2014
Isn't school usually out by now though? If it were summertime, the games wouldn't be a big deal. Blame the ice storms!!
SVMD

Greenville, KY

#9 May 27, 2014
when will school end wrote:
Isn't school usually out by now though? If it were summertime, the games wouldn't be a big deal. Blame the ice storms!!
Agree but we should be out of school this week because we could have went like 7 of those days that school was canceled.
Nehi

Greenville, KY

#10 May 27, 2014
The whole league is jacked up, IMO. I am very disappointed in how things have taken place this year. NO tryouts before drafting? How is this fair? 8pm games for 1st grader. Yes it's no big deal when schools
Out but the last two months has been hell.
Bmfj

Greenville, KY

#11 May 27, 2014
The league is NOTHING like it was in the 80's and 90's. It's a shame. I have tried to approach management for 2 years straight just to get shunned as "that parent"! I saw this coming and tried to make the right people aware of it!!
parent+

Greenville, KY

#12 May 28, 2014
Bmfj wrote:
The league is NOTHING like it was in the 80's and 90's. It's a shame. I have tried to approach management for 2 years straight just to get shunned as "that parent"! I saw this coming and tried to make the right people aware of it!!
I think it's great that our kids will get to play at these new parks. WHOW have you seen what it's going to be like? It beats the ole cow pastures we played at for years. Very appreciative to the Parks Board, the previous board of Ed and former superintendent Todd and the Martin Foundation for making this happen. But then again you can't please all disgruntled parents who want to live their life through their child. They will never be happy unless they can control all the shots.
Open your eyes

United States

#13 May 28, 2014
I knew it was going to be a cluster when I had to rush home from work to get my kid to his first game of the season...to play at Beechmont....at 5:30....to play another Greenville team. It's been a long time, but I remember a lot more scheduled practices throughout the season when I played little league. And they were longer than 45 minutes to an hour...maybe we do need to bring the cow pastures back or find someone to run the park. Yes Tommy its new and shines but you don't know what the hell you are doing.. Also not all parents stupid like I've heard you say over and over.
Remember fun times

United States

#14 May 28, 2014
Support wrote:
I awould like to know where all the money has gone that we and the sponsors give. I know we are getting new parks but they need to at least keep the one we are using clean! The bathrooms are disgusting and you can't even wash your hands cause they dont have soap. I wish I could've taken my kids to central or beechmont. Sure the new park will be great but we need someone who knows about how to treat parents and run a program. We've never had the problem before. Alway in the past we had meetings that involved parents and not a dictator.
Elections

United States

#15 May 28, 2014
Most park systems don't run the leagues they just take care of parks and leave runing baseball to the elected officials. Tell me Mr Barton when was the elections this year!! Per Little League the parents get to vote, it's not a dictatorship like you want it to be. Mr got fired at the last park, go run and tell your boss how bad we are.
Old Man River

Greenville, KY

#16 May 29, 2014
[QUOTE who="parent+"]<qu oted text>
I think it's great that our kids will get to play at these new parks. WHOW have you seen what it's going to be like? It beats the ole cow pastures we played at for years. Very appreciative to the Parks Board, the previous board of Ed and former superintendent Todd and the Martin Foundation for making this happen. But then again you can't please all disgruntled parents who want to live their life through their child. They will never be happy unless they can control all the shots.[/QUOTE]
You should be thanking taxpayers...not the Parks Board or the Board of Ed. What no-one knows is that the current board agreed to pay all the electricity, water & maintenance out of the School Taxes. That way, nobody sees the real cost of the Central Park. Its not a school park, its a public park used for public leagues and anyone who wants to go set in hand laid brick dugouts. Im sure when our school taxes go up they will say its for the kids education.
Old Man River

Greenville, KY

#17 May 29, 2014
[QUOTE who="parent+"]<qu oted text>
I think it's great that our kids will get to play at these new parks. WHOW have you seen what it's going to be like? It beats the ole cow pastures we played at for years. Very appreciative to the Parks Board, the previous board of Ed and former superintendent Todd and the Martin Foundation for making this happen. But then again you can't please all disgruntled parents who want to live their life through their child. They will never be happy unless they can control all the shots.[/QUOTE]

You should be thanking taxpayers...not the Parks Board or the Board of Ed. What no-one knows is that the current board agreed to pay all the electricity, water & maintenance out of the School Taxes. That way, nobody sees the real cost of the Central Park. Its not a school park, its a public park used for public leagues and anyone who wants to go set in hand laid brick dugouts. Im sure when our school taxes go up they will say its for the kids education
fact checker

Greenville, KY

#18 May 29, 2014
Old Man River wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be thanking taxpayers...not the Parks Board or the Board of Ed. What no-one knows is that the current board agreed to pay all the electricity, water & maintenance out of the School Taxes. That way, nobody sees the real cost of the Central Park. Its not a school park, its a public park used for public leagues and anyone who wants to go set in hand laid brick dugouts. Im sure when our school taxes go up they will say its for the kids education
Agreement was in place before current board. When former school board signed 99 year lease they agreed to pay utilities, provide full-time custodian, and 2 lawn mowers for 10 years
Sounds like old man doesnt know facts
Play Ball

United States

#19 May 29, 2014
fact checker wrote:
<quoted text>Agreement was in place before current board. When former school board signed 99 year lease they agreed to pay utilities, provide full-time custodian, and 2 lawn mowers for 10 years
Sounds like old man doesnt know facts
Well thanks to the previous board and previous superintendent for doing this for our kids. The Martin Foundation is paying to build the park and the school system should help to support. The schools now pay for utilities and maintenance at the SE, CC, and the park Bremen is using so good their helping with this one too. I'd say the fiscal court will assist too because Rick Newman is big in supporting schools. Doubt taxes will be raised. School taxes hasn't increased since the early 90's. Wait a minute!!!! With this new board no telling what they will do because they function at the novice level.
Tom Jones

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Jun 13, 2014
You sir are a coward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr Real Conservative 682
Monica Keith 7 hr ha 50
Jody Jones the thief 19 hr Toughinup 29
John and Shelby Hill Tue Johnnylaw 3
bluegrass cell vs. at&t (Feb '13) Tue kd4kdp 49
Wendy j Tue family 1
kimberly tucker Mar 26 Jimmy Swagart 15

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages