Location hidden

#24 Nov 15, 2013
The air is all ready getting cleaner!!!

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#25 Nov 15, 2013
MrsGladToBeMe wrote:
Go Democrats in 2014 and 2016.
Yes go...go all the way to Europe. They'll embrace you as warmly as our President has embraced the 30 years of failed European economic policy.

And we are 5 years into it. How's the Change working out? The stock market is overly inflated due to the massive amounts of money moving from the printing press to the Fed banks to investing; it is in no way an indication of our economic condition. Quite the contrary, all that money printing has caused the dollar value to keep declining. The blind sheep that say "well the democrats got my retirement portfolio back into shape" will be crying a different tune when that stock bubble bursts.
Concerned Grandma

Dunmor, KY

#26 Nov 15, 2013
Support Coal wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention how this will affect other things like schools. People will move so enrollment will drop which means less money to work with. The big TVA check that the schools get will drop 75% which means 8 million less a year. Teachers will lose jobs because of enrollment dropping and less funding. Classrooms numbers will be at maximum which means less attention for our individual children. Expect this board and new superintendent to raise your taxes in order to survive. This TVA decision not only impacts the mining profession it affects everything else as well. It's truly a sad day for all of KY and especially Muhlenberg County.
I hate our schools will be affected. That is our future. We have nice schools and I'm thankful the previous board of Ed and Mr. Todd had the vision to build this tech wing at the high school. Maybe our children and grandchildren can learn a trade and not have to depend on coal jobs if they are not going to college. Thank you for giving our grand kids this opportunity.
its time

Greenville, KY

#27 Nov 17, 2013
Don't you people understand that the life expectancy of a coal fired power house is only 50 years? They had a good run, let them die in peace.
Yep

Greenville, KY

#28 Nov 17, 2013
its time wrote:
Don't you people understand that the life expectancy of a coal fired power house is only 50 years? They had a good run, let them die in peace.
That's why the govt needs to stop giving in the the yuppies and environazis and let new plants be built. Less supply and higher demand means higher prices. With our economy suffering thanks to 30 years of bad DC economic policies and corporate greed, the last thing we need is higher utility prices.

This guy warned you. But he doesn't care, he's rich and has excellent medical insurance.

its time

United States

#29 Nov 17, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>That's why the govt needs to stop giving in the the yuppies and environazis and let new plants be built. Less supply and higher demand means higher prices. With our economy suffering thanks to 30 years of bad DC economic policies and corporate greed, the last thing we need is higher utility prices.

This guy warned you. But he doesn't care, he's rich and has excellent medical insurance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =HlTxGHn4sH4XX
You're retard, there is less demand for electricity than ever. Our industry has moved aboard. Only buy Made in the USA, then you can talk at the big table.
Yep

Greenville, KY

#30 Nov 17, 2013
its time wrote:
<quoted text>
You're retard, there is less demand for electricity than ever. Our industry has moved aboard. Only buy Made in the USA, then you can talk at the big table.
Are you serious? Less demand for electricity than ever? We are both talking about the United States of America right? The rate of demand increase (we grown-ups call that percentage) has slowed but only four years since 1950 has the demand decreased from one year to the next. If you look at those four years if was the industrial sector that caused the decreased. Maybe you should look at the facts and try again. You're at the kiddie table, but it must look big when you have a child's mentality. Or maybe you've been up for three days again Skippy and just got confused.

http://www.eia.gov/totalenergy/data/monthly/p...

http://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/index.cfm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_in_the_Un...
its time

United States

#31 Nov 17, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>Are you serious? Less demand for electricity than ever? We are both talking about the United States of America right? The rate of demand increase (we grown-ups call that percentage) has slowed but only four years since 1950 has the demand decreased from one year to the next. If you look at those four years if was the industrial sector that caused the decreased. Maybe you should look at the facts and try again. You're at the kiddie table, but it must look big when you have a child's mentality. Or maybe you've been up for three days again Skippy and just got confused.

http://www.eia.gov/totalenergy/data/monthly/p...

http://www.eia.gov/energyexplained/index.cfm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

Energy_in_the_United_States
If you follow the first link and look at the industrial section you see you proved my point, thanks
Board

Greenville, KY

#32 Nov 17, 2013
Concerned Grandma wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate our schools will be affected. That is our future. We have nice schools and I'm thankful the previous board of Ed and Mr. Todd had the vision to build this tech wing at the high school. Maybe our children and grandchildren can learn a trade and not have to depend on coal jobs if they are not going to college. Thank you for giving our grand kids this opportunity.
Maybe now the school board will realize how dumb having a coal academy is and has been all this time! There hasn't been a good future in coal for twenty years yet they offer it as a trade.
JC

Dunmor, KY

#33 Nov 17, 2013
Board wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe now the school board will realize how dumb having a coal academy is and has been all this time! There hasn't been a good future in coal for twenty years yet they offer it as a trade.
Yeah it was a good offering back in its time but I guess it needs to go now. I guess this new board will eliminate that offering when the new tech wing is done. I guess that would be the right thing to do but not sure this new board is that smart.
Yep

Greenville, KY

#34 Nov 17, 2013
its time wrote:
<quoted text>
If you follow the first link and look at the industrial section you see you proved my point, thanks
So you can't read? Proved ur point? Ur very very confused. Put down the rock and try to get some sleep.
seems legit

United States

#35 Nov 18, 2013
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>So you can't read? Proved ur point? Ur very very confused. Put down the rock and try to get some sleep.
I agree, if the industry is gone, how is the demand for industrially power up? Please explain?
Yep

Greenville, KY

#36 Nov 18, 2013
seems legit wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, if the industry is gone, how is the demand for industrially power up? Please explain?
Here is what you said: You're retard, there is less demand for electricity than ever. Our industry has moved aboard. Only buy Made in the USA, then you can talk at the big table.

Then you started talking about industrial power usage. You're all over the place with your points.

Demand for electricity by industry (direct use) has been decreasing since 1995. Overall electrical demand continued to increase until 2008. Since 2008 demand has remained static. So when you said "..there is less demand for electricity than ever.", that statement was not true. End usage in 1950 was 291 billion kWh. In 2012 is was 3.8 trillion kWh. 3.8 trillion is more than 291 billion.
Hmmm

Greenville, KY

#38 Nov 18, 2013
Bored rednecks amuse the hell out of me. Please continue.
Tim

Dunmor, KY

#39 Nov 18, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
Bored rednecks amuse the hell out of me. Please continue.
And rednecks who visit topixs to be amused need a life.
Hmmm

Greenville, KY

#40 Nov 19, 2013
What better place for a free laugh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bethany 6 hr Truth 4
Monica Keith 7 hr Lulu Rue 29
Trash Collectors 9 hr easy 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 16 hr Tea Party Patriot 664
Dannielle McIntosh Gillon Tue Sorry not sorry 30
Muhlenberg County Schools (Sep '11) Mon Proud Deplorable 741
Muhlenberg County Social Services (Mar '15) Mon Proud Deplorable 12

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages