First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WORRIED

Morganfield, KY

#1 Nov 14, 2013
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ANY DECISIONS WERE MADE THIS MORNING REGARDING TVA AND THE CONTINUED USE OF COAL? IF THE DECISION WAS MADE AGAINST THE CONTINUED USE OF COAL HOW SOON WILL PEOPLE IN THE MUHLENBERG COUNTY AREA BEGAN TO SEE LOSS OF EMPLOYMENT?
The Man

Cadiz, KY

#2 Nov 14, 2013
WORRIED wrote:
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ANY DECISIONS WERE MADE THIS MORNING REGARDING TVA AND THE CONTINUED USE OF COAL? IF THE DECISION WAS MADE AGAINST THE CONTINUED USE OF COAL HOW SOON WILL PEOPLE IN THE MUHLENBERG COUNTY AREA BEGAN TO SEE LOSS OF EMPLOYMENT?
Voted to go natural gas. Two years to get it done.
big ben

Gilbertsville, KY

#3 Nov 14, 2013
The Man wrote:
<quoted text>Voted to go natural gas. Two years to get it done.
Coal keeps the lights on
Tom

Princeton, KY

#4 Nov 14, 2013
big ben wrote:
<quoted text>
Coal keeps the lights on
Not any more. Now natural gas will
Mudd

Chattanooga, TN

#5 Nov 14, 2013
2/3's the workforce heading to the house.
Kmac

United States

#7 Nov 14, 2013
Here at paradise now. Unit 1&2 are being converted to natural gas by the year 2017. Unit 3 is staying coal until further notice. 2/3 of work force will be getting layed off.
Black gold

Cadiz, KY

#8 Nov 14, 2013
What about the coal mines and trucking co. We haven't seen nothing yet.
wrong

Central City, KY

#9 Nov 14, 2013
Mudd wrote:
2/3's the workforce heading to the house.
I think you dumbasses will be surprised that most will stay other than the ones who are ready to retire anyway. Better hope you don't drive a coal truck though.
big ben

Gilbertsville, KY

#10 Nov 14, 2013
The Man wrote:
<quoted text>Voted to go natural gas. Two years to get it done.
This is going to hurt a lot of family's. From miners to truck drivers . It's not all that good.
caol haulers daughter

Central City, KY

#11 Nov 14, 2013
My dad's a coal hauler and it will impact us. It's going to be tough for a while but the LORD will help us through it.
The Fugitive

Cadiz, KY

#13 Nov 15, 2013
Black gold wrote:
What about the coal mines and trucking co. We haven't seen nothing yet.
Other jobs will be created you dumba$$
James

Princeton, KY

#14 Nov 15, 2013
The Fugitive wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with that is, most miners arent qualified to do any other job. I know 5 people that work in the mines and 4 of them dropped out of high school. I tried telling them that they needed a skill to fall back on.
In The Know

Elkton, KY

#15 Nov 15, 2013
All of you coal miners/TVA Employees/Coal Truck Drivers/Straight Democratic ticket voter who voted for Obama not once but maybe even twice. I can see before that you had the "Hope" but now I guess you will see the "Change" he was talking about now. I hope and pray that you have enough $change$ left over to pay your bills and take care of your family. Also watch our property taxes go through the roof in the next 5 years. When the coal severance money is gone how do you think Muhlenberg county is going to pay for all of these little stupid and silly pet projects that are going on in the county. The little silly statue on the courthouse corner doesn't seem too important now when all the coal jobs are gone. Here come late seventies and early eighties all over again in Muhlenberg county. All you fellers who have saved your money get ready to buy property dirt cheap in Muhlenberg and surrounding counties. Just remember Obama said he was going to bankrupt coal fired power plants ans lots of people didn't listen. At least now lots of people will get to see first hand how good the entitlement system is in the United States.
coal haulers daughter

Central City, KY

#16 Nov 15, 2013
I never voted for Obama and I don't support his Obama care either. I'm NOT a Obama fan.
Support Coal

Cadiz, KY

#17 Nov 15, 2013
In The Know wrote:
All of you coal miners/TVA Employees/Coal Truck Drivers/Straight Democratic ticket voter who voted for Obama not once but maybe even twice. I can see before that you had the "Hope" but now I guess you will see the "Change" he was talking about now. I hope and pray that you have enough $change$ left over to pay your bills and take care of your family. Also watch our property taxes go through the roof in the next 5 years. When the coal severance money is gone how do you think Muhlenberg county is going to pay for all of these little stupid and silly pet projects that are going on in the county. The little silly statue on the courthouse corner doesn't seem too important now when all the coal jobs are gone. Here come late seventies and early eighties all over again in Muhlenberg county. All you fellers who have saved your money get ready to buy property dirt cheap in Muhlenberg and surrounding counties. Just remember Obama said he was going to bankrupt coal fired power plants ans lots of people didn't listen. At least now lots of people will get to see first hand how good the entitlement system is in the United States.
Not to mention how this will affect other things like schools. People will move so enrollment will drop which means less money to work with. The big TVA check that the schools get will drop 75% which means 8 million less a year. Teachers will lose jobs because of enrollment dropping and less funding. Classrooms numbers will be at maximum which means less attention for our individual children. Expect this board and new superintendent to raise your taxes in order to survive. This TVA decision not only impacts the mining profession it affects everything else as well. It's truly a sad day for all of KY and especially Muhlenberg County.
Coal

Bloomington, IL

#18 Nov 15, 2013
State Rep. Brent Yonts,(D) House District 15, represents Muhlenberg County, where the TVA Paradise Plant has been a mainstay for well-paying jobs for decades. Yonts drove to Oxford, Miss., for the TVA Board meeting to remind them once more of the impact this change will have.

Yonts told Surfky News afer that meeting that he believes the board understood the consequence.

"What they said was they had to shut down units one and two due to environmental regulations,” said Yonts.“They do plan to keep unit three running, which is the biggest. But the bottom line is, at least 200 current TVA employees will be gone. Their average salary is around $74,000 a year. That comes to $15 million spent in the area's economy annually. When the gas-fired plant gets going, there will be about 675 to 700 coal miners out of work for good. That means a total of at least 2,500 to 3,000 people will lose their jobs. That doesn't even include the coal severance funds we'll lose. If you add it all up, that's a $300 million impact on the Muhlenberg and surrounding counties."
In The Know

Elkton, KY

#20 Nov 15, 2013
The Fugitive wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep on telling yourself that while you're standing in the chow line or unemployment line.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#21 Nov 15, 2013
Go Democrats in 2014 and 2016.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#22 Nov 15, 2013
Coal wrote:
State Rep. Brent Yonts,(D) House District 15, represents Muhlenberg County, where the TVA Paradise Plant has been a mainstay for well-paying jobs for decades. Yonts drove to Oxford, Miss., for the TVA Board meeting to remind them once more of the impact this change will have.
Yonts told Surfky News afer that meeting that he believes the board understood the consequence.
"What they said was they had to shut down units one and two due to environmental regulations,” said Yonts.“They do plan to keep unit three running, which is the biggest. But the bottom line is, at least 200 current TVA employees will be gone. Their average salary is around $74,000 a year. That comes to $15 million spent in the area's economy annually. When the gas-fired plant gets going, there will be about 675 to 700 coal miners out of work for good. That means a total of at least 2,500 to 3,000 people will lose their jobs. That doesn't even include the coal severance funds we'll lose. If you add it all up, that's a $300 million impact on the Muhlenberg and surrounding counties."
Great NEWS!!!!!!!
Great News

Bloomington, IL

#23 Nov 15, 2013
All of the workers without jobs will have a new park to play in......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
watson baby 2 hr gotcha 23
dad from house fire re-married? 2 hr gotcha 15
Vickie Keith 4 hr About time 4
Mr Ed the truancy officer 5 hr Parent 6
Lets talk a little basketball.. 6 hr Mark stone 6
miss 6 hr miss 1
Ricky Keith 6 hr Lucifer 24
Greenville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web