MissPerfect

Mascoutah, IL

#1 Aug 28, 2013
Burning coal releases radioactive materials (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material -> N.O.R.M. google it) into the atmosphere that would otherwise have remained trapped in coal seams forever.

Coal fired power plants dump more radioactivity into the atmosphere than nuclear power plants.
MissPerfect

Mascoutah, IL

#2 Aug 28, 2013
Coal is the most carbon intensive of all fossil fuels. It is nearly all carbon, so it releases almost entirely carbon dioxide when burned. Coal is mainly burned for electricity generation, which is the largest source of greenhouse gas emissions.
MissPerfect

Mascoutah, IL

#3 Aug 28, 2013
Coal fired power stations are more CO2 intensive than any other type, and are the largest and fastest growing source of greenhouse gases within the power generation industry (rising by over 30% between 1999 and 2005).
MissPerfect

Mascoutah, IL

#4 Aug 28, 2013
Every day Children and the elder suffer because the air they breathe is polluted by coal.
coalminer

United States

#5 Aug 28, 2013
If you dont burning coal then dont use electricity i bet your nice and cool durin summer and warm durin the winter i hope you burn up or freeze your ass off
an union boilermaker

Central City, KY

#6 Aug 28, 2013
MISS perfect GO turn off your elect and used wind if you hate coal that much
concerned in muhlenberg

Centertown, KY

#7 Aug 28, 2013
I think we should continue using coal, it's our most abundant fuel source, Let's just clean it up a little, and use it wisely. The use of coal is important to Kentucky, and several other states. As a backup source of energy, you hear so much about more nuclear power plants. Just look at shanoble power pant in the Ukraine, Thousands of square miles was destroyed, No human can live on this property for 20,000 years. With the terrorist we have today, no American nuclear power plant is safe. Coal energy can be a clean energy, let's do this.
eyemall

Greenville, KY

#8 Aug 30, 2013
Everyone who wants to complain about the use of coal needs to have the electricity disconnected for one month, then we would see how well they like coal generated electricity.
shawn

Oak Grove, KY

#11 Aug 30, 2013
For the people who use solar power look at the blackouts they have. How reliable is that?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#14 Aug 30, 2013
I have no clue what shanoble is, but Chernobyl continued operating the other 3 reactors at the plant until the year 2000. In 2011, Ukraine starting allowing tourists to enter the exclusion zone on guided tours. Chernobyl was a horrible disaster, but it's a rarity considering how many nuclear plants are operating world wide. Nuclear disasters are like jet airliner crashes, when one happens many people usually die, but they rarely happen.

The US currently has 65 nuclear power plants in the US that provide around 20% of the power. Coal provides around 37% and natural gas 30%. So without that 37% of electricity from burning coal to make all that steam, where will we get the power?
Left wing radicool

United States

#15 Sep 1, 2013
Dear Leader Chairman Obama will have this straightened out after he takes Syria's oil. After Syria's allies wipe Israel off of the map, we can even use some of their resources for a coal alternative. If you people can just put your faith and trust in him, we can get off of this addiction to coal. When the Republicans stop creating policy that promotes dirty air and dirty water -- we will be able to get somewhere.

If you people would be more conservative with your energy, we would not be in the shape that we are in now. "Smart grids" are coming! Thankfully!!! When the government engineers and scientists think that we have wasted too much energy at our homes, we will be cut off from power temporarily until our quotas have re-lapsed. This is a great way to get rid of some of those old appliances that are killers to the environment and suck electricity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Charlie Brown 3 hr ask in town 2
Trash Pick Up (Sep '13) 3 hr hellgirl 19
Look who is in Muhlenberg County Jail (Jul '12) Sun Doll 38
how to get away with not paying child support. (Sep '10) Sun well 136
dawn hensley Sun Rick 7
Obama farewell Speech Sat Demorat 9
cundiff (Feb '13) Jan 14 Who cares 55

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance