First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Leroy

Pembroke, KY

#42 Sep 4, 2013
SunsAnd Stars wrote:
And THAT is why Muhlenberg County Football SUCKS lol...
And Steve Sparks bringing down the hammer? LOL...anybody ever sat behind the bench when he coached? Ever been to one of his practices?
SMH
Funny funny funny.
Angel 2005

Madisonville, KY

#43 Sep 4, 2013
Parent wrote:
Cussing around my child is a little different than cussing my child. They cussed those kids. Yes they hear it on the radio, movies, hell even from me. But those people are there to teach not to belittle.
Proper term would read they cursed the youngsters. Not cussed them.
Football Parent

United States

#45 Sep 5, 2013
Parent wrote:
Cussing around my child is a little different than cussing my child. They cussed those kids. Yes they hear it on the radio, movies, hell even from me. But those people are there to teach not to belittle.
My son played football (not in Muhl) for years. Coaches cuss. That's a given. "What's said in the locker room stays in the locker room". Maybe you need to get your pansy a$$ boy a pedicure and a spot on the chess team. Just sayin
Grammar Police

United States

#46 Sep 5, 2013
The Doctor wrote:
There, their, and they're are not interchangeable words. Please look up the proper use, then write your English teacher to tell them they failed you. No, wait, scratch that, tell your parents that they failed you by letting you slack off as a kid.
Thank you!!!
teacher

United States

#47 Sep 5, 2013
Angel 2005 wrote:
<quoted text>Proper term would read they cursed the youngsters. Not cussed them.
This isn't English class.
Another parent

Hodgenville, KY

#48 Sep 5, 2013
Football Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
My son played football (not in Muhl) for years. Coaches cuss. That's a given. "What's said in the locker room stays in the locker room". Maybe you need to get your pansy a$$ boy a pedicure and a spot on the chess team. Just sayin
What is learned in the locker room as well as the class room is part of his education and is to be taken with you. Cussing by the coaches should not be a given and I fail to see any benefit from it even though that did make your son a bad a$$ on the football field and his daddy a tuff guy in the pool room and I'm doubting you had the opportunity to hear any cussing around a chess board.
Football Parent

United States

#49 Sep 5, 2013
Another parent wrote:
<quoted text>What is learned in the locker room as well as the class room is part of his education and is to be taken with you. Cussing by the coaches should not be a given and I fail to see any benefit from it even though that did make your son a bad a$$ on the football field and his daddy a tuff guy in the pool room and I'm doubting you had the opportunity to hear any cussing around a chess board.
I beg to differ. Step away from the stereotypes. I am an educated, tax-paying individual as well as my husband. As for our son - he is an honor student on the deans list at UK. He also works a job. Hearing a bad work or two did not hinder his growth nor did he ever see the inside of a pool room. Keep wiping your son's a$$, fighting his battles for him and see how well liked he is, as well as how independent he is. Hope you have a large basement to support him and his family. Tattletales don't make friends.
Whats going on

Madisonville, KY

#50 Sep 5, 2013
Was this in the Greenville Leader? Not giving my opoinion either way until I know the whole story.
Another parent

Hodgenville, KY

#51 Sep 5, 2013
Football Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I beg to differ. Step away from the stereotypes. I am an educated, tax-paying individual as well as my husband. As for our son - he is an honor student on the deans list at UK. He also works a job. Hearing a bad work or two did not hinder his growth nor did he ever see the inside of a pool room. Keep wiping your son's a$$, fighting his battles for him and see how well liked he is, as well as how independent he is. Hope you have a large basement to support him and his family. Tattletales don't make friends.
Forget the ass wiping and tattletale stuff, you assume too much, my children are likely older than you are and have been gone from home and working good jobs, paying taxes with families of their own for years. What we are talking about is the high standards that are expected from those in charge of young children. You not only except bad behavior but encourage it and are part of the reason the bar is lowered daily. For your information I've seen and done more than my share of cussing, can't say it's helped me much and Jr. could have probably gone to college somewhere with out it.
angel2005

Cadiz, KY

#52 Sep 5, 2013
teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't English class.
Just trying to make the comments read a little more intelligently. However,by the grammar of some of the comments posated leads me to believe they probably didn't even take any English classes. Some probably received a certificate of completion not a hsd.
question

Hopkinsville, KY

#53 Sep 5, 2013
What would happen to a student if he/she cursed a teacher,aide,pricipal or coach?
Parent

Livermore, KY

#54 Sep 5, 2013
question wrote:
What would happen to a student if he/she cursed a teacher,aide,pricipal or coach?
Nothing to those middle school kids because the coaches allowed them to cuss.
Parent

Livermore, KY

#55 Sep 5, 2013
Football Parent wrote:
<quoted text>My son played football (not in Muhl) for years. Coaches cuss. That's a given. "What's said in the locker room stays in the locker room". Maybe you need to get your pansy a$$ boy a pedicure and a spot on the chess team. Just sayin
And just what makes your [email protected] assume that I have a boy, and furthermore, one that is one the football team?!?
Parent

Livermore, KY

#56 Sep 5, 2013
angel2005 wrote:
<quoted text>Just trying to make the comments read a little more intelligently. However,by the grammar of some of the comments posated leads me to believe they probably didn't even take any English classes. Some probably received a certificate of completion not a hsd.
Dear Ms. Grammar Nazi,
Please read your post. You need to go back to English and learn that there are spaces after commas, posated it not a word, and your last sentence is not a complete sentence. Just sayin. That is all.
thinking

Hopkinsville, KY

#57 Sep 5, 2013
Well kids learn from adults. If adults talk to kids like crap then they are going to learn that behavior. There is a possibilty that they will start treating other kids that way. Not every parent curses their kids out. Not every parent allows their kid to listen to music with all the profanity in it. Some parents are still parents and are not trying to be their kids buddy. Kids should get respect and they learn to give respect.
i know

Cadiz, KY

#58 Sep 7, 2013
thinking wrote:
Well kids learn from adults. If adults talk to kids like crap then they are going to learn that behavior. There is a possibilty that they will start treating other kids that way. Not every parent curses their kids out. Not every parent allows their kid to listen to music with all the profanity in it. Some parents are still parents and are not trying to be their kids buddy. Kids should get respect and they learn to give respect.
Thank you somebody that gets it. I don't understand why some people want to act like this is no big deal, and we are just pampering our kids. I played football from the time I could walk in till I gradated college and the best memory's I had was in middle school. That is where we had our most fun playing it wasn't all about winning, but more about learning the game and the sportsman ship of the game. I couldn't have imaged our couches back then cussing at us, in high school and college it was different their is more on he line there for everybody. The parents who think it is okay to cuss at the kids in middle school I don't think you realize how much you embarrass you kids doing it. I seen more of my friends quit over that then anything else.
Bystanding parent

Tucker, GA

#59 Sep 7, 2013
From reliable sources I was told it was more than just cussing at them. If it was "just cussing", it shouldn't be allowed. However, if we are going to start pointing fingers, we need to start in the high school classrooms. Lots of good teachers but there are a few that should be resigning too for language and inappropriateness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How are things with Ricky Keith and his little ... 1 hr tyler keith 12
Mitch Latham "cowboy" 2 hr Jimmy H 66
rikibeth 12 hr David 6
Tabby Callahan 15 hr David 14
Michelle 15 hr Friend247 1
Tiffany miller (May '14) Sun Laura 47
Happy Fathers Day (Jun '14) Sun anonymous 102
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages