Plumas Moonlight Fire Grows

Plumas Moonlight Fire Grows

There are 23 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Sep 4, 2007, titled Plumas Moonlight Fire Grows. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

A blaze in Plumas County has grown to nearly 3,000 acres. The fire burning is the Moonlight Pass area outside of the town of Greenville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tammy

AOL

#23 Sep 6, 2007
The people wrote:
Reading all of this makes me sick! These are real people! Families afraid they may lose everything. Just try condensing your life or children's lives to whatever you can stuff into the back of a car! You spend years building a life and in minutes it may be gone.....
Thank you! That is what my family had to do. All I want to say is that these people that live there appreciate what they have around them, they are not there to hurt their environment! It is the tourists and "Mother Nature" that seem to cause alot of the fires. It is not a time to fight and bicker, it is a time for people to start helping other people. The trouble with our world today is that too many people think of ONLY themselves! As far as KARMA....the house my family lives in is over 50-60 yrs old, it has been there longer than my mom has been able to own a home. She is a good person and helps alot of people around the area, so I certainly doubt that this is KARMA!!!! You all act like these people just moved up there. ALOT of the families there have been there their whole lives, and their families had been there for generations! So, please think about what you are saying before you send it!! God bless!!
PLB

Stockton, CA

#24 Sep 6, 2007
Blame it on Global Warming.
CONCERNED

Redding, CA

#25 Sep 7, 2007
Person wrote:
<quoted text>
CONTROLLED. This isn't controlled, nor is it burn season.
THIS IS NOT A CONTROLLED BURN, THERE ONE THING BEING A TREE HUGGER, BUT ITS ANOTHER THING WHEN THE FIRE IS IN YOUR BACK YARD, THE MOONLIGHT FIRE KEEPS SHIFTING DIRECTIONS PUTTING FAMILY IN HARMS WAY ONE WAY AND PUTTING FRIENDS IN HARMS WAY IF IT GOES THE OTHER WAY, HOW CAN ANYBODY THINK IT IS OK FOR THE FOREST TO BURN NATURALLY WHEN TOWNS ARE IN ITS PATH. AS FOR THE TREE HUGGER, IF YOU LIVED UP HERE YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND THE DANGER WE ARE ALL IN, AND IF PEOPLE LIKE YOU WOULD LET US THIN OUT THE TREES WE WOULDN'T HAVE SUCH BAD FIRES THAT ARE HARD TO CONTAIN, THEN WE WOULDN'T HAVE THE TREES GO UP IN SMOKE AND ASH, WE COULD HAVE USED THOSE TREES FOR SOMETHING GOOD FOR EXAMPLE BUILDING THE HOME YOU ARE CURRENTLY LIVING IN!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA Racist Professor Jonathan Zasloff Jan '17 Taylor 1
The bes t largest f ree online dating website! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Star Alcantar 1
looking for Jason Glover contact info... (Jun '12) Jul '13 IKnowHim 2
News 5.7-magnitude quake widely felt across N. Calif. (May '13) May '13 1st seal 1
News Magnitude 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California (May '13) May '13 billiex 2
News Susanville corrections sergeant arrested for fi... (Feb '10) Feb '12 Naruto Uzumaki 78
News Incident that left Greenville man in coma under... (Oct '11) Oct '11 papenenism 1

Greenville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages