Plumas Moonlight Fire Grows

Plumas Moonlight Fire Grows

There are 23 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Sep 4, 2007, titled Plumas Moonlight Fire Grows. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

A blaze in Plumas County has grown to nearly 3,000 acres. The fire burning is the Moonlight Pass area outside of the town of Greenville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jeremy

Sacramento, CA

#1 Sep 5, 2007
Man, those photos look like a volcano going off.
Tilla

Yuba City, CA

#2 Sep 5, 2007
Another case of tree huggers and their agenda getting in the way of good forest management. Controlled burns during the rainy season are a good thing.
dj holldorf

Marysville, CA

#3 Sep 5, 2007
well at least its keepin the tempetures down if u want to look at it in a glass half full kind of way
FrankC

El Dorado Hills, CA

#4 Sep 5, 2007
I think the smoke we're seeing here in Sacramento is drifting our way from the fire near Morgan Hill, and not from the Plumas fire.
Kevin

Sacramento, CA

#5 Sep 5, 2007
Looks to me like the haze is coming from the stated fire.

http://sat.wrh.noaa.gov/satellite/2km/Eureka/...

I kinda like the smoke. Gives the sun and the day a different feel. Plus it is a little cooler.
Brett

Wilton, CA

#6 Sep 5, 2007
Hey I'm a tree hugger and I believe in controlled burns! I think it's more unenlightened city folk. The forests around here are supposed to burn now and again to clear out brush. You either let it burn or you manually clear it out AND seed the trees that require fire to procreate or you have a problem and when it burns it will burn hot.
JACKIE

North Highlands, CA

#7 Sep 5, 2007
thats why te sun was like orange and red the whole like day well like ya i dont know so like help me out
JACKIE

North Highlands, CA

#8 Sep 5, 2007
Jeremy wrote:
Man, those photos look like a volcano going off.
huh which photos i like wanna see
Person

Sacramento, CA

#11 Sep 5, 2007
Brett wrote:
Hey I'm a tree hugger and I believe in controlled burns! I think it's more unenlightened city folk. The forests around here are supposed to burn now and again to clear out brush. You either let it burn or you manually clear it out AND seed the trees that require fire to procreate or you have a problem and when it burns it will burn hot.
CONTROLLED. This isn't controlled, nor is it burn season.
Brian

Manteca, CA

#12 Sep 5, 2007
I'm sure the Lick Fire isn't helping. The smoke looks much thicker in that direction. I have watery eyes, a scratchy throat, a headache, and my skin feels gritty.
Linda

Citrus Heights, CA

#13 Sep 5, 2007
A little bit of smoke in the air gives a feeling that Fall is here..but this is too much. I just got back from Placerville and it is terribly thick up there. I'm in Cameron Park and it isn't much better here either.
Ryan

United States

#14 Sep 5, 2007
Brett wrote:
Hey Brett... you also have to thin your forest to keep the fire on the ground and not so it gets in the crowns... and yes the forests around here are supposed to burn.... but NOT like this.... Too bad you cant come up and look at the destruction left by the last fire we had up here that was over 22000 acres.... there inst anything left... and probably nothing will grow because the ground got COOKED so there are no minerals left in the ground.
go take a fire ecology class or get on a fire crew to see what happens when you dont thin... most of the thinnings that they try to do, end up in court because of the dang tree huggers!!!! Then stuff likes this happens and people like you whine and cry because the USFS and agencies like that didnt do anything to prevent it!!!! it makes me SICK!!!
Tammy

AOL

#15 Sep 5, 2007
Brett wrote:
Hey Brett~ I will remember this when my mohters house needs rebuilding! Controlled my right eye! Tree huggers have no idea and you all need to mind your business. Try letting the logging companies go in and clear some trees out so that fires like this have less fuel!!! No instead TREEHUGGERS such as yourself stop them from doing that and innocent people lose EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Real nice Brett!
Tammy

AOL

#16 Sep 5, 2007
Ryan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Brett... you also have to thin your forest to keep the fire on the ground and not so it gets in the crowns... and yes the forests around here are supposed to burn.... but NOT like this.... Too bad you cant come up and look at the destruction left by the last fire we had up here that was over 22000 acres.... there inst anything left... and probably nothing will grow because the ground got COOKED so there are no minerals left in the ground.
go take a fire ecology class or get on a fire crew to see what happens when you dont thin... most of the thinnings that they try to do, end up in court because of the dang tree huggers!!!! Then stuff likes this happens and people like you whine and cry because the USFS and agencies like that didnt do anything to prevent it!!!! it makes me SICK!!!
Ryan~ You are absolutely right! Thank you for saying that! I lived up near Bucks Lake in Meadow Valley and had dealt with several fires, and have family that live on North Arm Rd. near Taylorsville. They are in the logging industry and due to the TREE HUGGERS have had a cut in their income and now may lose everything they have worked so hard for because of this fire! I feel if those people that protest would just educate themselves we would have a lot less people protesting!!
Hugs for Ryan!!
Enlighten Me

Sacramento, CA

#17 Sep 6, 2007
Tammy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Brett~ I will remember this when my mohters house needs rebuilding! Controlled my right eye! Tree huggers have no idea and you all need to mind your business. Try letting the logging companies go in and clear some trees out so that fires like this have less fuel!!! No instead TREEHUGGERS such as yourself stop them from doing that and innocent people lose EVERYTHING!!!!!!! Real nice Brett!
hey tammy, why don't you live in the city where you belong and let the animals have their forest back...ur a dirty, polluting human you belong in the city with the rest of the rats...
Enlighten Me

Sacramento, CA

#18 Sep 6, 2007
Brett wrote:
im a treehugger too...let it burn and if you're house is in the way, oh well, you shouldn't live there anyway is how i look at it...Karma!
The people

Palo Cedro, CA

#19 Sep 6, 2007
Reading all of this makes me sick! These are real people! Families afraid they may lose everything. Just try condensing your life or children's lives to whatever you can stuff into the back of a car! You spend years building a life and in minutes it may be gone.....
Todd

Sacramento, CA

#20 Sep 6, 2007
green wrote:
<quoted text>
im a treehugger too...let it burn and if you're house is in the way, oh well, you shouldn't live there anyway is how i look at it...Karma!
I was at the front of this fire at 1:00am this morning. You would crap your pants and try to run the other way screaming when you saw half your horizon(180 degrees) light up with orange flame five stories high along with the temperature raising 30 degrees and the night sky turning blood red. You don't have a clue of what you are talking about and will never ever have a clue in your lifetime.
chelsea

Reno, NV

#21 Sep 6, 2007
ohhh man its bad here i live in greenville and i am about dieing its horrible to look ot my front door and see my valley burning it makes me cry this valley has no industry and the only thing going for it is its amazing beauty and to see it in danger of burn it kills me... we personally burn around our house every year and it prolly will save it... i guess all we can do is pray because god didnt say he was comming back with water again... another thing would help is people to stop complaining about poor air quality if u really want to smell the fresh air come up here if not SHUT UP UR NOT HELPING...
Tammy

AOL

#22 Sep 6, 2007
well wrote:
<quoted text>
hey tammy, why don't you live in the city where you belong and let the animals have their forest back...ur a dirty, polluting human you belong in the city with the rest of the rats...
You know what "WELL" you are a coward as far as I am concerned, you can't even put your name!! And let me guess, you live in LALA land right? Get over yourself.....God forbid that I worry about other human beings and not myself!!!! You are such a hypocrite! Have a good life "WELL"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote For Donald Trump Apr 12 Vote For Trump 1
Free clean mulch Feb '16 Bryan 1
News Huni Jumps Bail Again Jan '16 A responsible person 1
friends from Wheatland (Oct '07) Dec '15 fed up 6
What is life like in Rough and Ready? Nov '15 Christine 1
News 2 die in Fields Landing blaze; Humboldt Bay Fir... (Apr '14) Nov '15 Cjs 3
The bes t largest f ree online dating website! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Star Alcantar 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greenville Mortgages