Florida man rescues his 1,000th animal

Jun 21, 2012 Full story: WTNH 7

On a recent June day, Jeff Bennett flew his four-seat plane from the mangrove-dotted Florida Keys, past some angry thunder clouds to the fertile hills of Greenville, Ala.

Full Story

“Jody”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#1 Jun 21, 2012
I think I love him.
(-;
Awesome

Lakewood, OH

#2 Jun 21, 2012
What a nice guy to get pups out of high kill shelters and into places that can give them a good home.
Met a lady today that adopted a dog that had been tied up to a stop sign NEXT to an animal shelter.
She went on and on about what a great dog he is.
She is a great person to have such kind things to say about this poor unfortunate beast who has now arrived in HEAVEN!
Don't spend an arm/leg buying designer dogs. Get one from a shelter. There are TONS of purebred dogs there.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#3 Jun 21, 2012
Wonderful man, wonderful story, wonderful wee pets for all.

Fills the heart with such warmth to hear stories like this.

Is always good to think of the rescue dogs(as well as all the abandoned pets) out there. They are so happy to be adopted into a good home.

“Fishin" in the Moonlight”

Since: Jul 11

.......¿.......

#4 Jun 21, 2012
May Karma bless this man, this old world definitely needs more like him. Rescue animals make the best of pets, have two and they are precious. Lets not forget about the older animals, the ones no one wants to adopt, give them a peaceful place to live out their days.
Christsharian Law

Souderton, PA

#5 Jun 21, 2012
Of course this is actually a story about carbon use (in addition to the kindness,) since there's a virtual conveyor belt of unwanted animals from, generalizing, red states to blue ones. That's why he's using all that airplane fuel.

I bet the percentage of neutered dogs and cats in a given community correlates well with average education levels....
Dr Stinko

Hampton, VA

#6 Jun 22, 2012
Great effort.
Especially now, there are millions of pets who've been surrendered to shelters, who are, in turn, beyond capacity.
Gotta give it up for this guy, what he's doing is beyond the call...
ima

El Paso, TX

#7 Jun 22, 2012
hooray!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Annonymous 85
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Sep 16 Centrist 242
Is there anyone that has any pictures of Hank W... (May '11) Jul '14 anne 4
Seeking my Relatives in Honoraville, Alabama o... (Oct '06) Jun '14 wade lowe 34
AL Who do you support for Governor in Alabama in 2... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Rep 704
Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Lownde... Jun '14 Its me back 2
AL Recent tornado outbreak in South may set new re... (Apr '11) Jun '14 ThomasA 416
•••
•••
•••

Greenville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Greenville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Greenville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Greenville