Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2009

Judged:

Is anyone else fed up with greenup politicions blowing their own horns for their little clicks? I am so tired of hearing about Charlie Veech and all the good he did. The water charter says that there is only to be one dwelling per tap with no grandfathering and he refused to seperate his rentals off his own tap. But no city officials care to confront this as it is still going as far as I know. And then theres Donna. What has she done good for the city other than cost us all gas money with the idiotic stop signs on Main St. I thought democrats were supposed to think green and not add to the fuel usages and increased carbon footprint. Every time I start to get homesick I just look at the past and the present and it passes quickly unless I am driving on East Main. Oh yeah I almost forgot the stolen water money way back. And some of the officials that were at that meeting are still trusted with the citys money today.
lol

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

They steal my money every month!
PARENT OF A GREENUP CHILD

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Charlie Veach is gone. You need to leave him alone. As for the current people in charge preach on. But the reasons the stop signs are on east main street is to slow people down so they won't hit a kid. Our police won't do it so our council had to by making the mayor install stop signs. Sorry for the wasted gas.
woohoo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

So just a question Are you saying its the law that only one house is to be one water tap? Dont know for sure what you meant in you statement But just wondering if thats right or not..
Darla

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

PARENT OF A GREENUP CHILD wrote:
Charlie Veach is gone. You need to leave him alone.
Why is it when someone dies they become a saint?
PARENT OF A GREENUP CHILD

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

Not a saint just out of respect to his family.
duane

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2009

Yes the one dwelling per tap is true. And if the speed is such a problem on western e. main st. then lower the limit back down to 15 mph. I grew up on that street and never had a problem. But back then parents instilled a sence of self accountability that many down there don't anymore. I am not saying all Greenup elected officials are bad. Some of them actually care about their neighbors and not just themselves.I am sure that donna doesnt act alone in her decisions. After all she has Joe and everyone knows she is just his puppet. Everyone at armco will tell you that she is not the only joke in her house.
citizen

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

went to pay my water bill and noticed all the nice new furniture at the city building. looks like that expensive stuff from that store downtown. hey at least her office looks good!
aww

Chesapeake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

come on!!! had you not ever been in the city bld& seen how old every thing was, the furniture was older than charlie veech!! every ones home, or office should be updated every now& then,,..funiture does not last forever!!!& that is a bld everyone goes into, why not make it look nice!
Friend of Charlie

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

I believe that Charlie's Veach children live in the apartments, so they are not rentals. He worked his entire life for his community. What have you contributed? Leave him alone and let him die in peace. Get over your problem with him. I sure that his family does not appreciate your comment .You obviously do not know him well as you can't even spell his name. The apartments were grandfathered. Can you prove otherwise?
duane wrote:
Is anyone else fed up with greenup politicions blowing their own horns for their little clicks? I am so tired of hearing about Charlie Veech and all the good he did. The water charter says that there is only to be one dwelling per tap with no grandfathering and he refused to seperate his rentals off his own tap. But no city officials care to confront this as it is still going as far as I know. And then theres Donna. What has she done good for the city other than cost us all gas money with the idiotic stop signs on Main St. I thought democrats were supposed to think green and not add to the fuel usages and increased carbon footprint. Every time I start to get homesick I just look at the past and the present and it passes quickly unless I am driving on East Main. Oh yeah I almost forgot the stolen water money way back. And some of the officials that were at that meeting are still trusted with the citys money today.
concerned

Greensburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

Well all I can say is that he told us on our quest for city water is that there is supposed to be 10 taps per mile. Other than in town, THERE AIN'T NO WAY THAT THERE IS 10 TAPS PER MILE OUT IN THE COUNTY.
Friend of Charlie

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

I am sure that Charlie got everyone water that he possibly could. He was proud of the fact, he was probably following the set rules. He was very honest man and would not do anything illegal. I believe his wife is still living in the area and she would not appreciate duane's sarcasm. Charlie worked diligently for our county.
duane

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

I am sorry you feel it is wrong to shed light on just some of the crooked things that go on in the city of greenup. Charlie told more than one person that the city engineer came to him and cut a deal to leave his three dwellings on the one tap and he couldnt believe that he got away with it. The one dwelling per tap ordinance was put into place by council in the mid 80's and it was also a part of the financials in phase one or two but I can't remember which one. It was also clearly stated that there would be no grandfathering with regards to this law. The memorial in the city park also bugs me. I think the man probably deserved some acclaim, but why in the city park? He was not even part of local anything when the park came about once again in the mid 80's. Just for the record the city park was a vision and a reality bore from the thoughts and sweat of Ralph Fairchild and Jimmy Sullivan. They are the ones that came up with the idea and were also the ones that spent their own time cleaning it off. This was supported by a mayor and council void of veach. The Lions Club is the one that built the shelters also with no help from Veach. One day if there are memorials for all the people that actually did have a hand in it then the park will look more like a graveyard than anything. As for any family, you cant be offended by things that they also knew about.
Charlie a fat Drunk

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

Judged:

He didnt want the trailer park in greenup either but when a tree fell through his rental he tried to put anohter in and the council wouldnt let him because it wasnt a trailer park. He made the lady next door to his old place put her place like 8 feet off the ground to be out of the flood plain BULL SHOOT is what it is. Not to mention the new black 4X4 s10 truck he bought for him to drive around and go to ironton(have seen several times) to get his beer and be drunk as a skunk as he was doing it. He was a worthless azz hole and this town is better off without him. Oh forgot to mention the raise he put in place for himself that he never got cause he was a dead man the month it was going into effect so now donna gets it. HA HA HA he would have just drank hisself to death with it anyway. This is all TRUE no matter what anyone says and if you have been around you already know its the truth!!! Thanks and have a wonderful Halloween.
duane

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

I almost forgot to mention how proud of jim doran of walking out of the meeting when david abdon made his motion to do away with the sidewalk ordinance after he had already violated it. It seems that any of you parents that are worried about your kids on the street would be interested in restoring the sidewalks instead of destroying them. Yes you heard right. If you have torn the sidewalk up in your yard or otherwise not defaced you are a criminal and could be cited if anyone had balls enuff to do it. In closing I just wanted to lay to rest a rumor that is going around town about veach never being beat for office. He was beaten for mayor once by Jim Doran and onece by Thurman Archey.
duane

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

I forgot about that truck. Thanks for reminding me. I always wondered how much gas out of his own pocket he put in it.
Friend of Charlie

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

You are an moron who does not know what you are talking about. Glad someone is dead and never got his salary. You need to go to church. He worked for the city for years for $ 40 a month. He worked every day including Saturday and Sunday. What have you done with your worthless life ? I hope his family does not read this. You are a coward, you can insult someone who cannot defend theirselves. Use your real name.
Charlie a fat Drunk wrote:
He didnt want the trailer park in greenup either but when a tree fell through his rental he tried to put anohter in and the council wouldnt let him because it wasnt a trailer park. He made the lady next door to his old place put her place like 8 feet off the ground to be out of the flood plain BULL SHOOT is what it is. Not to mention the new black 4X4 s10 truck he bought for him to drive around and go to ironton(have seen several times) to get his beer and be drunk as a skunk as he was doing it. He was a worthless azz hole and this town is better off without him. Oh forgot to mention the raise he put in place for himself that he never got cause he was a dead man the month it was going into effect so now donna gets it. HA HA HA he would have just drank hisself to death with it anyway. This is all TRUE no matter what anyone says and if you have been around you already know its the truth!!! Thanks and have a wonderful Halloween.
Living Large

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Hello there good friend he sat on his azz and cost this county money is all his fhat drunk azz did. Anyone who ever paid a water bill at the city building knows who was sittin there takin up our precious air with his snortin and sh_t like he couldnt breath cause his belly was so big or he was just to dam drunk one. Also they keep minuets at the meetings go back and look up the trailer deal I am talkin about. There was a black boy livin there when the tree went through it and for all who dont belive me I would be glad to sit down with you and share my prospective and photos of him going through S&S drive through in the black CITY truck. Some friend you are and dont even know what he done with his worthless existance in this county. So I guess I took pics of someone else that looked like him right!!!
Living Large

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Oh by the way church dont have nothing to do with it If charlie walked in a church it would fall to the dam ground and burn!!! Just my two cents worth!
Friend of Charlie

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Two brain cells would be more appropriate as you probably do not have much more. Again what have you done with life? You are so stupid that you can't even spell. Did you even get you GED! The position of Mayor has nothing to do with county money. You are an iodit. He never had any attention of putting a trailer back. His family was glad when it was gone. Also, the trailer next door met with State floodplain requirements. If you understood anything about government, you would know that Greenup had to follow state law. As far as what he did, he was integral in the expansion of water to various parts of the county.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Greenup Discussions

Search the Greenup Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Rico from East Los II 145,944
chantal purdy 5 hr really 6
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 10 hr taco bell reopens 81,553
girl in blue hummer from greenup 16 hr concerned 34
Jeff Meade Jr (May '10) 18 hr One of the family 25
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 23 hr Poles 26,181
tracy vaugh (Oct '10) Sun So Over It 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greenup Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••