do girls look better with short hair ...

do girls look better with short hair or long hair?

Posted in the Greenup Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
now

Ashland, KY

#1 Apr 18, 2010
just trying to make a decision
Blue eyes

Ashland, KY

#2 Apr 19, 2010
From expirence I thnk all G.C. men love long hair. lol i don't know y. But I had to cut mine. It was hard to brush n since I cut it I have received NOTHING but compliments!
kasey

Lexington, KY

#3 Apr 19, 2010
Depends on the shape of your face what would look best for you.
Regan Pelino

Wingate, NC

#4 Aug 29, 2011
I have hair like almost to my elbows brown with blonde highlights and love it! girls look dumb with short hair long hair is by far the best!
LocalGal

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Aug 29, 2011
Regan Pelino wrote:
I have hair like almost to my elbows brown with blonde highlights and love it! girls look dumb with short hair long hair is by far the best!
What a stupid thing to say. Only dumb girls look dumb with short hair (or maybe with elbow-length brown hair with blonde highlights). I've had short hair for years and get as many compliments from guys as from girls. It depends on the style, your personality, your stature, etc.- not everyone can carry off short hair. It takes someone with the confidence to remove the long hair and not hide behind it.
Feel like a Victim

Greenup, KY

#6 Aug 29, 2011
Hairless is best!
cami

Flatwoods, KY

#7 Aug 29, 2011
whatever you like best. don't rely on others opinions on what is best for you.
twisted

United States

#8 Aug 31, 2011
I like a girl with long hair, she easier to hold on to
Regan Pelino

Wingate, NC

#9 Sep 7, 2011
LocalGal wrote:
<quoted text>
What a stupid thing to say. Only dumb girls look dumb with short hair (or maybe with elbow-length brown hair with blonde highlights). I've had short hair for years and get as many compliments from guys as from girls. It depends on the style, your personality, your stature, etc.- not everyone can carry off short hair. It takes someone with the confidence to remove the long hair and not hide behind it.
Well thats not very nice either! But i do say you are correct it pretty much depends on what you like and thats what matters! I am sorry if i hurt your feelings!
Regan Pelino

Wingate, NC

#10 Sep 7, 2011
My feelings are a little hurt about what LocalGal said but i do agree!
all the same

Newburgh, IN

#11 Sep 7, 2011
Regan Pelino wrote:
It's the way you said it. You'll learn after trail and error what is best to say and what isn't. I wouldn't lose sleep over it, but next you'll know better. Lol like you could have said, personally I like long hair vs short. I think girls look better with longer hair. <or something to that effect. There are a variety of face shapes that can carry short hair, like Halle Barry, or ones like look better shoulder length, like reese witherspoon, and ppl look better with long hair, like Anne hathaway. Ya know just depends on facial shape. And personality can really help support it.
To the original poster- if you don't think you'll be comfortable with short hair, don't go whack it off. Go short gradually! First off, you'll go into hair shock an most likely hate it! Second if you cut a few inches off an think you would like it shorter, then you'll be acceptable to the new do. Just my 2 cents. ;)
LocalGal

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Sep 7, 2011
Regan Pelino wrote:
You know, you're right...now that I read it, it did sound mean, and I apologize for hurting your feelings. I guess I've just never been one to give in to peer pressure. I've worn my hair short for years - by my own choice - and have always had compliments on it. But, saying that, I also recognized a long time ago that long hair just didn't fit me. My stature (I'm 5'11" without heels, which I almost always wear) doesn't allow for really long hair - just makes me look taller - plus my facial features look better with shorter hair. Something to consider about short hair - if you have great eyes or cheekbones, it's a great way to allow those to really show! Regardless, whatever decision you make should be for YOU - not because someone else is telling you to do it. And, if you don't like it, it will grow back.
Yabba

Idalou, TX

#13 Sep 7, 2011
A woman's hair is her glory. That is what it says in the bible.
It is the decision of the woman on how she wants to wear it. That is the woman's glory. Its not up to the Church or anyone else. If the church throws out a woman for getting their hair even trimmed then the CHURCH IS WRONG!!!!!

And that is all I have to say about that.
yea man

Richmond, KY

#14 Sep 11, 2011
I do like a little landing strip on women.
Regan Pelino

Charlotte, NC

#15 Sep 15, 2011
LocalGal wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, you're right...now that I read it, it did sound mean, and I apologize for hurting your feelings. I guess I've just never been one to give in to peer pressure. I've worn my hair short for years - by my own choice - and have always had compliments on it. But, saying that, I also recognized a long time ago that long hair just didn't fit me. My stature (I'm 5'11" without heels, which I almost always wear) doesn't allow for really long hair - just makes me look taller - plus my facial features look better with shorter hair. Something to consider about short hair - if you have great eyes or cheekbones, it's a great way to allow those to really show! Regardless, whatever decision you make should be for YOU - not because someone else is telling you to do it. And, if you don't like it, it will grow back.
thanks! i think i am going to stick with my long do i just look better and it fits me better! but thank you! and i accept your apology and my feelings aren't hurt anymore! By the way how old are you? and i bet your hair is beautiful!
TN Girl

United States

#16 Sep 15, 2011
Regan Pelino wrote:
<quoted text> thanks! i think i am going to stick with my long do i just look better and it fits me better! but thank you! and i accept your apology and my feelings aren't hurt anymore! By the way how old are you? and i bet your hair is beautiful!
Let's just say I'm over 40 - that's easier for me to handle. LOL Right now I've got kind of a spiky 'do with assymetrical longer bangs swept to one side. The neck is clipped closer. I think longer hair gives you more options, whereas I'm kind of stuck with one style, unless I decide to just wear it unspiked (is that even a word??). By the time mine grew out from all the layers, I'd be over 50.:)
TN Girl

United States

#17 Sep 15, 2011
Regan Pelino wrote:
<quoted text> thanks! i think i am going to stick with my long do i just look better and it fits me better! but thank you! and i accept your apology and my feelings aren't hurt anymore! By the way how old are you? and i bet your hair is beautiful!
By the way, I guess I should've said I'm the same person - just using different name on this computer. Sorry for any confusion.
Regan Pelino

Charlotte, NC

#18 Sep 20, 2011
TN Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, I guess I should've said I'm the same person - just using different name on this computer. Sorry for any confusion.
it's fine!
Regan Pelino

Charlotte, NC

#19 Sep 20, 2011
TN Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just say I'm over 40 - that's easier for me to handle. LOL Right now I've got kind of a spiky 'do with assymetrical longer bangs swept to one side. The neck is clipped closer. I think longer hair gives you more options, whereas I'm kind of stuck with one style, unless I decide to just wear it unspiked (is that even a word??). By the time mine grew out from all the layers, I'd be over 50.:)
hahaha! i'm only 9! you should try the long do and if you don't like t you can chop it off again!
Regan Pelino

Charlotte, NC

#20 Nov 4, 2011
TN girl do you still have pretty short hair? and by the way i got a haircut like an inch and a half off and now it is like 2 inches past my shoulders i like it long i have been wearing my hair up ever sinse!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stacy thompson (Jul '11) 2 hr Stacey 73
Looking for stacy carver 7 hr Mac 5
mark smith (Jun '09) 12 hr Mark 8
Rhoden Murders: Why Isn't Anyone Talking? 20 hr Native 98
labecca murphy Sat dime 5
Andrea Drown (Mar '15) Sat gigoe 18
Biggest wh*re in Greenup Dec 2 chance 10

Greenup Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance