Greenup County Board of Education

Posted in the Greenup Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Sheisright

Ironton, OH

#1 Dec 14, 2012
I want to commend the audacity of the Greenup Boe. No other group would have the nerve to try and force the people of the county to send their children to one of the worst districts on the state. They do this despite one of their own board members that lives in the city of Greenup but chooses to send his children to Ashland and the the Assistsnt Superitendent that choose to send his children to Russell. If they don't send their children to the school they should believe in then why should we?
Sheisright

Ironton, OH

#2 Dec 14, 2012
I've just now been told that GC has signed the agreement with Ashland so Mike Hienemans kids can continue to be Tomcats without any problems. Hmmmmm Corruption as usual at GC
elephant

United States

#3 Dec 14, 2012
Greenup officials is all crooks from the school officials to the cops to the lawyers an judges an jailers. All untruthful crooks!!!
parent

Ashland, KY

#4 Dec 14, 2012
elephant wrote:
Greenup officials is all crooks from the school officials to the cops to the lawyers an judges an jailers. All untruthful crooks!!!
Greenup needs to stop the bullying that goes on in at the high school!! Haven't you heard of the bullying LAW?
Marty the Musketeer

New York, NY

#5 Dec 14, 2012
They need to clean house at the board office but never will. GC has lost a whole lot of outstanding educators because of good old boy politics.
Sheisright

Saint Albans, WV

#6 Dec 14, 2012
Where are the supporters for those brokedicks at the Boe? Surely someone can try and support. No heart no balls no luck! That should be the school motto

Ashland, KY

#7 Dec 15, 2012
Lets remember this when election time comes.
hmmm

Ashland, KY

#8 Dec 15, 2012
Well, this is why we homeschool. I don't care much for any of the school districts (I've had kids in 3 different ones), but Greenup is not a good place for an education.
Sheisright

Ironton, OH

#9 Dec 17, 2012
We're just keeping it real on here. Not an untrue word has been spoken
Sheisright

Saint Albans, WV

#10 Dec 17, 2012
Does anyone know how the Boe meeting went tonight
Anonymous

Wolfforth, TX

#11 Dec 17, 2012
No.... I would love to know?
Preposterous

Ardsley, NY

#12 Dec 17, 2012
I think Greenup just needs to sign and get over it!

Produce quality and people will come but don't FORCE students to attend a school that the parents have obviously deemed unfit, otherwise they would send them there! Don't make people in an economy such as this have to shell out money to attend another area school all over your greed!

Either sign with all area schools or sign with none!
The SSW

Ardsley, NY

#13 Dec 18, 2012
My children go to Greenup. They are getting a great education. Maybe it is a parent problem that you need to look at. Now is when you get angry and say something stupid!! Haha
elephant

Ardsley, NY

#14 Dec 18, 2012
The SSW wrote:
My children go to Greenup. They are getting a great education. Maybe it is a parent problem that you need to look at. Now is when you get angry and say something stupid!! Haha
The sun shines on a dogs a$$ at least once a day
The SSW

Ardsley, NY

#15 Dec 18, 2012
elephant wrote:
<quoted text>
The sun shines on a dogs a$$ at least once a day
Please explain. That doesn't make sense.
Preposterous

Springfield, NJ

#16 Dec 18, 2012
I am not going to become angry.(By the way my parents always taught me that "Dogs get mad. People become angry.") I am merely going to pose a few questions to you:

1)If they are getting such a "great education" then why are the test scores the way they are?
2)Why aren't the higher-ups sending their children to these schools?
3)What point does it prove to sign with one or two area schools but not the others, other than to show jealousy?
4)Why is a school system willing to uproot children from another school to finance their bottom line?(I thought this was the business of education not the business of padding a budget.)

Answer these questions intelligently and maybe then we can form a dialogue regarding this subject. Otherwise, just keep your mouth shut.
The SSW wrote:
The SSW

Ashland, KY

#17 Dec 18, 2012
Preposterous wrote:
I am not going to become angry.(By the way my parents always taught me that "Dogs get mad. People become angry.") I am merely going to pose a few questions to you:
1)If they are getting such a "great education" then why are the test scores the way they are?
2)Why aren't the higher-ups sending their children to these schools?
3)What point does it prove to sign with one or two area schools but not the others, other than to show jealousy?
4)Why is a school system willing to uproot children from another school to finance their bottom line?(I thought this was the business of education not the business of padding a budget.)
Answer these questions intelligently and maybe then we can form a dialogue regarding this subject. Otherwise, just keep your mouth shut.
<quoted text>
Arrogance at its best. There is absolutely nothing to be jealous of. Now get your dictionary back out and type some more big words that you don't understand. Repeating facts that was handed to you at some "Let's go get 'em" meeting is not a response. Try to have some thoughts of your own. Simple conversation is over.
elephant

Ardsley, NY

#18 Dec 19, 2012
The SSW wrote:
<quoted text>Arrogance at its best. There is absolutely nothing to be jealous of. Now get your dictionary back out and type some more big words that you don't understand. Repeating facts that was handed to you at some "Let's go get 'em" meeting is not a response. Try to have some thoughts of your own. Simple conversation is over.
Haha looks like the truth hurts!!!
truth

Wagoner, OK

#19 Dec 19, 2012
I went to Greenup, and dont have a problem with the school, but if you wish to send your child to a different district that should be your choice. If it doesnt affect you, then dont worry about it.
truth

Wagoner, OK

#20 Dec 19, 2012
And further more, I wont even try to type (big words). Like I said I did go to GREENUP....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brickyard going on strike (Feb '16) 27 min Well 53
labecca murphy 55 min betty 3
the city of raceland (Mar '15) 13 hr haha 2
Councilman arrested 13 hr Hankster 18
Rhoden Murders: Why Isn't Anyone Talking? 14 hr Guest79 90
Biggest wh*re in Greenup Fri chance 10
stacy thompson (Jul '11) Wed InfoBot 64

Greenup Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance