Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

While shopping at Foodfair today I was approched by a man that said he was homeless and asked me for $20 for a motel room. I told him that I didn't give cash out but I would gladly get him in contact with one of the local policemen or ministers that would help him get to the salvation army where he could get a room. He didn't want this at all, said that he hadn't had much luck with the police. Does anyone know if this man is truly homeless or is it a scam. He was setting in front of Foodfair when I got there then came into the store to ask for the $20. He was wearing dark tee shirt, shorts and shoes that didn't have strings. I dont mind helping someone but I refuse to give cash.
I was there

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

I seen him as well. He look bad. No shoe strings in his shoes. Someone needs to help him and get him to the salvation army. He asked me for money I just told him I didnt have any.
well

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

his wife and him had a fight and she called the police and she told them that he hit her. he was removed from his home. he also asked me for money. the store should put him out.
seen him

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

he was at the gas station last night about the lady that was in there bought him food
*£€*

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

well wrote:
his wife and him had a fight and she called the police and she told them that he hit her. he was removed from his home. he also asked me for money. the store should put him out.
Who are you!!Put him out , He is not a dog!!He is a human,maybe he does really need help. Maybe some day your ass will be the one to need help and I hope they slam the door in Your face!!!
cbr

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

i saw him at dollor genaral
well

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

[QUOTE who="*£€*"]<qu oted text>
Who are you!!Put him out , He is not a dog!!He is a human,maybe he does really need help. Maybe some day your ass will be the one to need help and I hope they slam the door in Your face!!![/QUOTE]

He made alot of money yesterday and did not rent a room. You tell me what he is doing with it. One place he got 70 dollars. When u give him food he then ask for money. If he hit his wife then he deserves to be homeless..........
well

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

cbr wrote:
i saw him at dollor genaral
That is what he does. He goes from place to place all day long and bums.
Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

[QUOTE who="*£€*"]<qu oted text>
Who are you!!Put him out , He is not a dog!!He is a human,maybe he does really need help. Maybe some day your ass will be the one to need help and I hope they slam the door in Your face!!![/QUOTE]

Dont come down on them! I tried to get him help but he didn't want it! If he really wanted help he would would have let me call Roger Russell and Roger would have saw that he got in touch with one of the pastors in town and saw that he got to the salvation army. But no, he didn't want anything to do with calling the police. The police do things other then arrest people, they are there to help also.

And think about it. He didn't ask for any spare money I had, he asked me for $20. If you are in need you would ask for anything someone had to give not a specific amount. From what I understand he was around all day. If only 10 people gave him $20 he would already have $200.
Information

Russell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

The Police was notified today about him. The Police Chief talked with him and the Chief was told that he would not be asking for money any more.
crazy

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

people are sick
Hello

Port Deposit, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

His name is Dave Willis.
Hello

Port Deposit, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

His wife threw him out Bc she works hard & was having to lock up her purse. She said he's on drugs... My dad tried helping him, now when he sees our family he harasses them for Cash! Pathetic. Especially Bc he gets a disability check
well

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

I have seen him there 2 days in a row. No big deal. He was using the phone inside today. didnt bother me. what happened to the days of help thy neighbor. Bad luck can befall anyone. for all you know he could have served your country and helped to give you the right to say, put him out!
Ladida

Russell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

I gave him money for a pop today he is sweet as he can be.... I don't know him personally but I didnt care a bit to give him money for something to drink. He makes his rounds everyday between foodfair and Bp.
Bubba

Greenup, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

He put himself in that situation just like 90% of the so called "homeless" in this country. If you make enough poor choice in life and don't try to change, then bad things happen to you. Eventually the decent folks in their life get fed up and say enough is enough. There are too many places to get help in this country to remain on the street. The sad thing is many that are addicted don't want to get help and get back on track because it means getting off dope and/or alchohol.
Wondering

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

well wrote:
I have seen him there 2 days in a row. No big deal. He was using the phone inside today. didnt bother me. what happened to the days of help thy neighbor. Bad luck can befall anyone. for all you know he could have served your country and helped to give you the right to say, put him out!
I also have the number to the veterans assoc help line. They are at Foodfair just every little bit collecting money and I make a generous donation. I also have the 800 number to the veterans homeless outreach. I'm telling you offer him help other then money and food and he refuses it!
well

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

Some people hearts have just become hardened. hes not bothering anyone. because he looks the way he does and wonders around, does that give us the right to think we are better than him and look down on him? Until hard known facts come up to dislike him, we shouldnt do so.
Greenup Neighbor

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

Bubba wrote:
He put himself in that situation just like 90% of the so called "homeless" in this country. If you make enough poor choice in life and don't try to change, then bad things happen to you. Eventually the decent folks in their life get fed up and say enough is enough. There are too many places to get help in this country to remain on the street. The sad thing is many that are addicted don't want to get help and get back on track because it means getting off dope and/or alchohol.
Well said.
I know

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Ok this man made bad choices,do you know how many homeless people we would have if the state didnt give most of them housing! If you have kids you can get a few home.If you can scame the system that your disabled you get free housing,If you can find a women that has kids you can live for free!!never have to work,and have a nice home to live in but some just cant caught that free bus so we call them homeless.If you want to be mean to this man then go to these housing placesand well start on these people too

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Greenup Forum right now

Search the Greenup Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Limbertwig 147,257
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 10 hr Gfm 81,565
raceland football (Sep '13) 11 hr the dude 52
Greenup Football 2014 (Jan '14) 11 hr the dude 17
Robert Michael Williams 12 hr mike w 1
black men 13 hr Nox Aeterna 2
Where did you go 15 hr Sheldon Cooper PhD 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greenup Jobs

•••