watching

Ashland, KY

#121 Oct 20, 2009
bttt (back to the top)
Wanock Wildcat

Elizabethtown, KY

#122 Oct 22, 2009
I go back farther than any of you all. I went there 2ND year it was built. Leo Osborne was principal. Nina Mae Wolfe was my first grade teacher. She was great . Mary Logan, Louise Logan, Mrs Potter, Diane McGinnis, Sara Osborne, Alice K. Johnson, Carl Ramey, and Paul Smith. The two cooks was Mrs. Boggs and Mrs Adkins. The janitor was Mr Allen. The bus drivers was Milford Wolfe Three Prong Route, Glenn Claxon Lost Creek Route, Gibb Collier Route & from Load up and Rt 2 North Fork Hill, Earl Billups Leatherwood, Carl Stephens Red Hot and Laurel Route. I think Mrs McGinnis Hoods Run Road. High school was Homer Allen, Elton Smith, Everett Collins. Now You know I'm old . Had a lot of great memories at that little country school. The worst thing I could remember was on our 8Th graduation. One year we had it at Warnock the next year at Oldtown. My best friend Phyllis Johnson was coming to Oldtown for our graduation was in a serious wreck. That something I'll never will for get. When my mother call me one day and said they was closing it down that 2nd sadest day do to Warnock school. I wish people went there would get together have at Warnock School reunion. I love to help. Went up the road that went to the school. It was like going down memory lane. There was a gate you couldn't go to where the school was.
watching

Ashland, KY

#123 Oct 22, 2009
Wanock Wildcat wrote:
I go back farther than any of you all. I went there 2ND year it was built. Leo Osborne was principal. Nina Mae Wolfe was my first grade teacher. She was great . Mary Logan, Louise Logan, Mrs Potter, Diane McGinnis, Sara Osborne, Alice K. Johnson, Carl Ramey, and Paul Smith. The two cooks was Mrs. Boggs and Mrs Adkins. The janitor was Mr Allen. The bus drivers was Milford Wolfe Three Prong Route, Glenn Claxon Lost Creek Route, Gibb Collier Route & from Load up and Rt 2 North Fork Hill, Earl Billups Leatherwood, Carl Stephens Red Hot and Laurel Route. I think Mrs McGinnis Hoods Run Road. High school was Homer Allen, Elton Smith, Everett Collins. Now You know I'm old . Had a lot of great memories at that little country school. The worst thing I could remember was on our 8Th graduation. One year we had it at Warnock the next year at Oldtown. My best friend Phyllis Johnson was coming to Oldtown for our graduation was in a serious wreck. That something I'll never will for get. When my mother call me one day and said they was closing it down that 2nd sadest day do to Warnock school. I wish people went there would get together have at Warnock School reunion. I love to help. Went up the road that went to the school. It was like going down memory lane. There was a gate you couldn't go to where the school was.
we are going to have one in April when it gets warmer, so that everyone can come. I'm going to make the flyer's soon. and if anyone would want me to email them one tell me. i will not put the fliers up until the 2 week of march.
watching

Ashland, KY

#124 Oct 22, 2009
ok how about the 17 at april about 12-3 or longer if needed.
watching

Ashland, KY

#125 Oct 22, 2009
also you need to help me decide where we are having it at.
Deeann

Ashland, KY

#126 Oct 22, 2009
hey (warnock wildcat)..that mrs.Mcginnis your talking about drove the bus out of hoods run rd..Thats my granny.......(watching)do you want to have a meeting for all this gets started so we can really make better plans and what needs to be done and where to have it...and then who ever wants to help in this can come to the meeting......Let me know and ill see about getting the fire house it will be big enough to have a meeting.......I think we can have it in april and start around 12 until when ever ppl wants to leave..If we have it here therses room to play ball and things like that but we can make that decision at the meeting........GET HOLD OF ME
watching

Ashland, KY

#127 Oct 22, 2009
yeah. i was going to make a the flyer's to put up at the stores later on this year say about march and i was wanting a pic of the school. where do you want to have the reunion at?
Deeann

Ashland, KY

#128 Oct 22, 2009
when do you want to have a meeting about all of this..then we can decide where to have it at..
Deeann

Ashland, KY

#129 Oct 23, 2009
When my son went there the teacher where...mrs.barney,cobinia was the aid,mrs tolliver,mr.crooks,mrs.bussy,m rs.stephens,barb nelson,ethel brown was cook,gail buckler dont the luch count....im calling tomorrow about the fire house to set a meeting up..let you all know what day and time...
Rhoda

Ashland, KY

#130 Oct 28, 2009
I loved the school,only one of mine got to attend that school my best memory was mrs logan,she taught me so much,i do wish all my children could have went to that school .so many wonderful memorys there,will always be grateful to have such a loving school to attend during my childhood,to all of you who taught there i would like to say .Thank you so much for all the great memory and teaching,you have left your mark and god bless you all.
Greenup County

Whitney, TX

#131 Oct 28, 2009
I think they was alot of great memories at that school, but the end of the closing they was so many people that took there kids out of school there because it had ran down. When I went the older teachers was there and it was great.
Teach

Lebanon, KY

#132 Nov 1, 2009
You must be about my age. I went to Warnock probably in '56 or '57 and it must have been the first or second year it was open. I went to a one room school at Wolf for the first year and a half. Leo Osborn was the principal. The teachers were Sarah Osborn, David Johnson, Mrs. Ramey, Mrs. Chaffins, and Mrs. Baker. I don't remember them all.
Warnock girl

Olive Hill, KY

#133 Nov 6, 2009
Just checking in to see what the latest updates were about any meeting. Keep us posted. I know folks that are interested.
Deeann

Whitney, TX

#134 Nov 7, 2009
I'll try to get with it soon we all have been sick and it's one thing after nother......
Warnock Grad

United States

#135 Nov 10, 2009
I attended Warnock Elementary my through 7th and 8th grade and my fondest memories are of Mr. Roger Dillon and Mr. Roger Grubb. I did not care about school at all until Mr. Dillon believed in me and wrote words of encouragement on my papers. He also pushed me to improve my posture (no slumping in his class) and when I talked to him even on field trips he REALLY listened. He is the very reason I wanted to be Teacher myself and it was a long, hard road but I finally graduated from Morehead State with my Bachelor's degree in Education (Middle grades 5-9). I was also very close to Mr. Grubb, every day I ate lunch with him and he too listened, really listened when I talked to him....I will NEVER forget him. He truly loved his kids. My worst memory is getting sent back to class from library time...lol...because I was reading a book on my own instead of listening to Mrs. Logan (how dumb is that) and the rule was if you got sent back to class you got a paddling. Well I took the paddling and then continued on with reading te book I WANTED to read. I will never forget that either....still think it was a stupid reason to get sent back from a Library for...omg...libraries are for READING and are full of books...besides I had already read the one Mrs. Logan was reading...and I hated to be read to...lol...I was 13 not 3 jeeeez!
carl bays

Campbellsville, KY

#136 Nov 12, 2009
I went to warnock k-8th and was the favorite time of my life.k-mrs smith,1-glenda bowling,2-sharon stephens,3-mrs spaulding,4-mrs bowling,5-mrs ramey,6-glenda bowling again,7-rger dillon,8-sarah bell osborne,and roger grubb-principle.i was in the 7th grade when mr grubb and vancil thomas were killed in a car wreck.mr dillon was stepped up as principle and mrs logan finished out our 7th grade year.mrs logan was my favorite of all the teachers i have ever had in school,when she used to read to us in the library i felt like i was there in the story she was reading about.I shure wish i could go back with everyone there the way it was.growing up stinks.
Deeann

Flatwoods, KY

#137 Nov 13, 2009
Need everyones input......I have thought about the meeting and when to have this..Do you all want to have the reunion in apr or may..I think about the first or second weekend in May by that time it's warm..and then need to know when you all want to hold the first meeting..So we can see about getting things together..And we still need to decide on where to have it..I guess we can do that at the meeting too but would like some input on this.....thanks......
former wildcat

Ashland, KY

#138 Nov 14, 2009
Deeann wrote:
Need everyones input......I have thought about the meeting and when to have this..Do you all want to have the reunion in apr or may..I think about the first or second weekend in May by that time it's warm..and then need to know when you all want to hold the first meeting..So we can see about getting things together..And we still need to decide on where to have it..I guess we can do that at the meeting too but would like some input on this.....thanks......
i will do what i can i vote to go for it in may
Warnock girl

Commerce, GA

#139 Nov 15, 2009
I too would like May. I would like us to have in somewhere where there is shelter in case of bad weather. I can't wait to see and visit with everybody.
Deeann

Flatwoods, KY

#140 Nov 15, 2009
OK we will have the reunion in May..Now does it matter what day..And I think I'll wait till Jan. to have a meeting about this that will give us about 4 months to plan it out more.....What does everyone think about that.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kaitlyn Roe 5 hr Funny 5
Most well endowed guy 18-25 6 hr My hot box 22
MISSING PERSON - RONALD SALMONS (Ron) (Nov '10) Tue Ruth 2
Anyone know Kevin and Jerrica Brewer? Mon HornE Harry 2
John Kilburns stolen memoral cross rt 2 Mon KentuckyBabe20 1
Greenup Jailer caught lying on recorded phone call Sun BILAD 64
Tammy Harvey-Gray Oct 15 People 13

Greenup Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance