losers on disability
illness sucks

United States

#21 Nov 16, 2011
I have seizures... I have had one bad enough to put me in ICU. I am not really advised to drive. My medications do not allow concentration. I do not draw a check.... but I have the entire left side of my body that is destroyed. I wake up in the morning with so much pain that I want to give up. I am 33 years old, and did not ask for this. I hate stupidity, and judgement. You better hope that it never falls upon you to be ill...
Theburningred

Ashland, KY

#22 Nov 16, 2011
I know someone who draws a check because she cant quit shoplifting!
Fed UP

Richmond, KY

#23 Nov 17, 2011
illness sucks wrote:
I have seizures... I have had one bad enough to put me in ICU. I am not really advised to drive. My medications do not allow concentration. I do not draw a check.... but I have the entire left side of my body that is destroyed. I wake up in the morning with so much pain that I want to give up. I am 33 years old, and did not ask for this. I hate stupidity, and judgement. You better hope that it never falls upon you to be ill...
Do you work under the table even though you draw a check . That's what people are talking about. If you can work then pay your taxes. But it is called fraud to do other wise. People like thew flatwoods legion auxillary president is what has broken the back of our country. We are FED UP!!!!
Meeeee

Russell, KY

#24 Nov 17, 2011
I know a man who O.D.'ed but didn't die. It caused him to be chldish so he gets a check now wich enables him to buy more. Also dated a woman who had a 4yr old kid with epilepsy who recieved a check of about $600 in his name because of his disability. She was also given a medical card wich paid totally for his medical services. Now how can it be justified that the boy had lost his earning potential at age 4? He had no earning potential to begin with at that age! By the way she also drew stamps on her and him along with hud paying rent and every utility. That was the saddest case I ever seen. Giving parents big checks because a child is ill while at the same time paying every medical bill!!!
to fed up

United States

#25 Nov 17, 2011
I think you could draw a check for being stupid. In 5th grade grammar you learn not to start a sentence with... but. lmao hee hee
Outlaw

Ashland, KY

#26 Nov 18, 2011
Fed UP wrote:
<quoted text>Do you work under the table even though you draw a check . That's what people are talking about. If you can work then pay your taxes. But it is called fraud to do other wise. People like thew flatwoods legion auxillary president is what has broken the back of our country. We are FED UP!!!!
You are still allowed to work to a point. If you can do a small part time job it's not illegal. I think it's like 5000 bucks is the limit for a year while on disability. So know what your talking about before running that mouth.
Fed Up

Richmond, KY

#27 Nov 19, 2011
Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still allowed to work to a point. If you can do a small part time job it's not illegal. I think it's like 5000 bucks is the limit for a year while on disability. So know what your talking about before running that mouth.
I do know what i'm talking about. If you can read you will be able to see that i stated she is working under the table. In case you don't understand what that means. It means not reporting your income to ssi office so you won't have to pay taxes and then they won't be able to evaluate you to see if you need to be drawing a check or not. This is a felony.She works every friday and is running the ladies auxillary at the flatwoods legion. People like her is why our country is broke. This is theft. Plain and simple.She also works every wednesday running a euchre tournament. People if your able to work pay your taxes or go to Jail...
Fed Up

Richmond, KY

#28 Nov 19, 2011
To Outlaw you must be one of the loser's working under the table or you would be pissed off like the rest of the American people are.
hee hee

United States

#29 Nov 19, 2011
Fed up, I think if you were injured; you would be the first one to sign up for a check. You just sound silly.
cursedone

United States

#30 Nov 19, 2011
I worked my entire adult life, graduated college and paid into Social Security before becoming disabled. I'm not taking anyone's tax dollars - I paid into Social Security and now am getting a check because I worked.
Its not as easy as everybody thinks to get approved. Don't judge the entire system based on a few cases you've heard about or those who abuse the system.
Don't judge people when you have no knowledge of their health problems or whether they are able to work.
Its a shame so many people are filled with hatred. Live your life and let me live mine. Its none of your business where I get my money.
not always what you think

Youngstown, OH

#31 Nov 23, 2011
Kyle and others who judge others : Started working at 16 (had two jobs). I graduated from college, and worked several years. Today, I'm trying to raise my children,and pray to God he gives me the ablity to get up every morning with the energy I need to get thru the day. People look at me and don't realize how truly bad I feel. Some days are really good, if I happen to over do it, well it will take a week for me to recover. Even my own sister doesn't truly understand. Why, because she doesn't know how much it takes for me to smile and pretend. Most people dont want to know anyway. Don't judge others that's not your job. Just pray you make it thru life healthy.
Richard Cranium

Ashland, KY

#32 Nov 23, 2011
Not everyone that gets disabiltiy deserves it but most do. What makes me mad are the people who lie so they can get Food Stamps and a Medical Card. For example, I know of a couple that has 2 kids who are both in their teens. The husband works and makes good money but the wife went into the Welfare office and told that they were separated so she could get Food Stamps. They even went to the extent to rent two houses, in the same neighborhood, and each has a child living with them. They are by no means or definition of the word "separated" but because the wife was able to tell a convincing lie ... she now gets a check for herself and the kids, food stamps, free medical care and she's always signing up for free Christmas gifts and meals provided by many of the area Churches. She not only does this in Greenup Co but in Boyd Co also, she just gives a false address. I know of another family where the husband is disabled and awaiting surgery but has to keep putting it off because he can't afford to pay the 20% that Medicare doesn't and they don't qualify for food stamps or free medical care just because they wont go into the welfare office and tell a lie. This is the kind of situation that is a total rape of the system.
Anonymous

South Point, OH

#34 Nov 25, 2011
Been working for 40 years how can I get disability, getting tired of working.
B S Buster

Flatwoods, KY

#35 Nov 27, 2011
Everybody can get on here and say its all a hoax until their the ones laying in pain we will see how ya feel then. I never thought i would take a pain pill either until now i have too and it sux. im bored out of my mind and wish i could go back to work.
chickens

Puyallup, WA

#36 Jun 4, 2012
heatherb wrote:
Anyone know someone getting a check from the goverment for stupid reasons like being "crazy" or having "back problems"? This makes me so angry that i am paying for others to live on their ass while i have to work to live and care for myself. Unless you have a VALID reason, you should not abuse the system. Anyone that has a MRI can find some kind of back problem, im a nurse and i know this for sure, just because you have"degenerative disk disease" does not mean your disabled and deserve a check or for that matter a bunch of pills. its time for this area to better itself and not be the poster for hillbilly life.

How about the ones who overdose on booze, drugs, then expect Social security and tax payers to pay for them and their kids. Hell I can't even buy a house, but they can be handed one for their own self induced disability. Bunch of bull!
notall

Galion, OH

#37 Jun 4, 2012
I think if you are truely disabled and there is no way of returning to a full time job then yes you need help. However, there are so many out there that are just cheating the system and makes everyone look bad. I watched a "disabled man" (bad back) put up a chain link fence around his entire property. If he is able to do these types of tasks then in my opinion he is able to get up each morning an go to a job.
Baldy

Ashland, KY

#38 Aug 7, 2012
Now, there are abusers of the system. I know that. However, there are legitamite cases. I am disabled, do I just get my check and then do nothing. Not a chance in hell. About 8 years ago I was hurting more than most could imagine. I had brain cancer, couldn't eat, couldn't sleep with out medicine and have back problems because of cancer treatments.
Always think before you comment. As the Bible says, "Judge not, lest you be judged." If you think someone is abusing the system, it is not your right to say so. Abusers will end up paying for their wrongdoings.
Anita R

Springfield, NJ

#39 Aug 7, 2012
I am chief and only bread winner of my family. My husband and I moved away from here 16 years ago to build our careers . Back injuries ate real. My husband blew out his back working 16 hour days in a plant in Circleville, OH. He is not a candidate who would benefit for surgery. He can't sit or stand for long periods of time. We made a family decision for him NOT to pursue lawsuits or disability. He still does our outdoor work and suffers for days afterwards. As long as we can make it we don't want a government check , which he deserves as he paid into Social Security like anyone else . I do know some playing the system. Makes me sick but I know some who deserve. It's a mixed bag around here for sure. I know we hold our heads up and do without sometimes rather than have a label put on us and be talked about on sites like this.
Anita R

Springfield, NJ

#40 Aug 7, 2012
illness sucks wrote:
God Bless. You are in my prayers!
tired

Flatwoods, KY

#41 Aug 8, 2012
Anita R wrote:
I am chief and only bread winner of my family. My husband and I moved away from here 16 years ago to build our careers . Back injuries ate real. My husband blew out his back working 16 hour days in a plant in Circleville, OH. He is not a candidate who would benefit for surgery. He can't sit or stand for long periods of time. We made a family decision for him NOT to pursue lawsuits or disability. He still does our outdoor work and suffers for days afterwards. As long as we can make it we don't want a government check , which he deserves as he paid into Social Security like anyone else . I do know some playing the system. Makes me sick but I know some who deserve. It's a mixed bag around here for sure. I know we hold our heads up and do without sometimes rather than have a label put on us and be talked about on sites like this.
I completely understand, I busted my back out working in a nursing home, I have raised kids my hole life, I hurt so in the mornings can't hardly move. I was told I could get disability but don't want to have to tell anyone I'm on disability . So I keep working. Trying not to let my boss know how bad I'm hurting in fear of lossing my job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Narc 3 hr Amen 3
Todd Arrowood 6 hr Woka 3
Puppies!! Fri BigMomma 6
bobby carpenter/county garage (May '11) Fri iVote 98
Missing dog 207 Wed iRescue 2
Best Homecare Companies Wed Curious 2
Stacey Thompson Jul 18 Anthony 11

Greenup Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance