losers on disability
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
heatherb

Ashland, KY

#1 Feb 28, 2010
Anyone know someone getting a check from the goverment for stupid reasons like being "crazy" or having "back problems"? This makes me so angry that i am paying for others to live on their ass while i have to work to live and care for myself. Unless you have a VALID reason, you should not abuse the system. Anyone that has a MRI can find some kind of back problem, im a nurse and i know this for sure, just because you have"degenerative disk disease" does not mean your disabled and deserve a check or for that matter a bunch of pills. its time for this area to better itself and not be the poster for hillbilly life.
Youknow

Owingsville, KY

#2 Feb 28, 2010
1 your a nurse not a doctor ,2 your not a judge so .u get a life and live yours and shutttt the hell up on till u have walked i some peoples shoes. yes some my be like you say but alot is not.so when you see your life as disabled HUMAN ??!! AND SOMEHOW GOD HAS A FUNNY WAY OF SHOWING YOU THINGS YOU DONT KNOW. SO DONT GET JUDGEMENTEL GOD BLESS YOU
GEEWIZ

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Feb 28, 2010
yes and everyone gets ripped off by health care' RN make double what they should make they just sit on there rumps all day. U are 1 to judge.
Youknow

Owingsville, KY

#4 Feb 28, 2010
YOU HAVE YOUR BACK BROKE IN 6 PLACES AND HAVE YOUR HIPS BROKE IN 4 AND YOUR SPINE DISLOC.25 AND YOUR KNEES BROKE AND A CHEST WALL CRUSHED AND LIVE WITH IT .AND GET WHERE YOU CAN DO SOMETHINGS AND THEN . HAVE SOME ASSHOLE THAT DONT KNOW SAY THERES NOTHING A MATTER WITH THEM JUST TO LOOK AT ME . I WALK IN PAIN SLEEP IN PAIN WHEN I SLEEP AND WAKE UP EVERYDAY HOPING THAT I CAN STILL WALK OK .BUT THEY ARE PEOPLE WHO ABUSE THE SYSTEM THAT MAKE SOME LOOK AS BAD PEOLPE BUT YOU DONT NEED TO BE THE JUDGE I WAS THAT WAY KNOW I AM PAYINGG FOR IT
lol

Ashland, KY

#5 Feb 28, 2010
i worked with a lady who said her husband was disabled. i asked what was wrong with him, she said he couldn't read. he was drawing a check because he could not read.
Tiffany

Broken Arrow, OK

#6 Feb 28, 2010
For one if these ppl have back problems they
are gonna need to get money for food from somewhere you dumbass!...some people like to feed there family and I know someone who gets a check because they are why you call "crazy" but I call it homicidal!...they can't help it and they can't work if there homicidal unless u wanna die?..so they have to also get money somehow to feed there family!...so do me a favor and shut the he'll up and quit your complaining!(:
Tiffany

Broken Arrow, OK

#7 Feb 28, 2010
Ohhh and there not losers in disability they are simply people in need! So if u have a problem with them then tell someone who's homicidal and that's recieveing a check from the government, maybe they would like to shove there check up your ass!
Kyle

Idalou, TX

#8 Feb 28, 2010
I happen to know someone who gets a "retard" check, not making fun of him.. he calls that himself. He told me my mistake was graduating high school and getting a college degree. I guess if you get a HS diploma you cant get the retard check. I think everyone needs to work, regardless... if your not working, go to school! BTW, how nice is it that taxpayers pay someone to take the money and buy drugs? So much welfare scum around here... cant wait to move soon!
far far away

Villa Rica, GA

#9 Feb 28, 2010
You people are wrong on the disability....when you get it you go before a judge and a vocational expert and they ask you all these questions and you have your lawyer with you...they have all your records and do a background check on you including doctor's. neighbor's , friend's and they check you thoroughly...I know for a fact...it took me two year's...it's not easy...so let's not down someone for being disable...Please I would love to be able to work...It's not like I won the Lottery!!!!!!
non druggie

Whitney, TX

#10 Feb 28, 2010
heatherb wrote:
Anyone know someone getting a check from the goverment for stupid reasons like being "crazy" or having "back problems"? This makes me so angry that i am paying for others to live on their ass while i have to work to live and care for myself. Unless you have a VALID reason, you should not abuse the system. Anyone that has a MRI can find some kind of back problem, im a nurse and i know this for sure, just because you have"degenerative disk disease" does not mean your disabled and deserve a check or for that matter a bunch of pills. its time for this area to better itself and not be the poster for hillbilly life.
I am disabled, but not by being crazy or with back problems, not everyone can get a check, I don't. I know it isn't that easy.
non druggie

Whitney, TX

#11 Feb 28, 2010
far far away wrote:
You people are wrong on the disability....when you get it you go before a judge and a vocational expert and they ask you all these questions and you have your lawyer with you...they have all your records and do a background check on you including doctor's. neighbor's , friend's and they check you thoroughly...I know for a fact...it took me two year's...it's not easy...so let's not down someone for being disable...Please I would love to be able to work...It's not like I won the Lottery!!!!!!
I agree with you, as I said earlier, it's not that easy, I agree their is a few that I can't understand how they got it without ever working, and have back problems, and yet supposed to be disabled without no surgery. Beyond me.
Fed up

United States

#12 Feb 28, 2010
Those that truly deserve disability are not the problem. I know a guy in Quincy who's collected checks for 20 years due to a bad back and lung problems but it sure doesn't keep him from raising cattle and bailing hay all over 2 counties. He just called it early retirement! BS! I call it working the system and being too lazy to do things the right way. The sense of entitlement is nothing shy of welfare mentality!
worker

Youngstown, OH

#13 Feb 28, 2010
i know "of" someone who gets a disbility check, she is working on her 5th or 6th kid, and gets a check for having sweety hands! talk about woring the system.
Kyle

Wagoner, OK

#14 Mar 1, 2010
In OHIO... you do not go before a judge.. just prove your retarded by taking a test
I wonder

Wagoner, OK

#15 Mar 3, 2010
When I moved to this area, I was shocked at how many people, when asked what they do, reply "draw a check". I wasn't even sure what that meant. I sure do now. Some of these people would clearly have been able to hold down a job, but for whatever reason, choose not to. Maybe it's easier to do nothing. But think about it, those kinds of people will never have anything more than what they have now. No opportunity to better their situation. I think it's really sad. For those that are truly disabled, it's tragic. They have families too, and no hope of having a better way of life. If my taxes go to keep these people fed, clothed and housed, well so be it, I'm happy to help. For those that don't deserve it, and are content to go nowhere in life, that's okay with me also. If we don't pitch in and help them, what becomes of their children? And yeah, maybe they shouldn't keep having children, but some of them do and should the children have to suffer for having lazy parents? I would think more assistance would be needed in those cases to educate those children so they don't grow up the same way.
Youknow

Ashland, KY

#16 Mar 3, 2010
it suckens me to read some of this crap the most of u bitch when u get a paper cut.i go in fear everyday of not getting up not of being able to walk and that someone ask me where i work because of crap like this but i know better just because i walk and talk now dont mean there isnt something wrong with me . i have had a rough way as before i said the good lord bless me to walk again ..... in have had my peace with the lord have you???... dont judge .sometimes a man trys to do things too better themselves but judgement makes noo one ..........
lala

Ashland, KY

#17 Mar 4, 2010
There is a difference between receiving a "Welfare Check" from the State and being classified as "Disabled" by the Federal Government. A person receiving a disability check is only getting an amount based on the funds they paid into the FICA (Social Security) system. If a doctor, vocational therapist and a Federal Judge determine that someone is disabled it isn't anyone else's business.
far far away

Villa Rica, GA

#18 Mar 4, 2010
lala wrote:
There is a difference between receiving a "Welfare Check" from the State and being classified as "Disabled" by the Federal Government. A person receiving a disability check is only getting an amount based on the funds they paid into the FICA (Social Security) system. If a doctor, vocational therapist and a Federal Judge determine that someone is disabled it isn't anyone else's business.
Thank you Thank you your a smart little cookie...now people put that in your pipe and smoke it...HA HA LOL!!!!
Wasting Society

United States

#19 Nov 15, 2011
I say physical disability OK to receive some money. Anything other than that is a waste. Lots of waste out there. I know a woman that is disable because she claim s agoraphobia!! Ha she drives around town , is outside her house everyday, and to top it off her husband collects because he is depressed. I am depressed but I was raised not to steal. 50% of the disabled people are lazy and fat and should be sent to siberia or sahara desert to live.
Fed UP

Richmond, KY

#20 Nov 16, 2011
lala wrote:
I know someone who never worked a day in her life and paid ZERO taxes. She draws a state check and free medical alot better coverage than those disabled drawing medicare who actually worked and pais into it..Yet she works every friday cash under the table running bingo at the flatwoods legion. She is auxillary president which requires some thinking.It's people like her that give truly disabled people a bad name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greenup County Denocrat Party 3 hr freelancehobo 35
Michelle and Kim Barker (Dec '10) 7 hr Izzy 12
missing dog 9 hr happy rain 2
Sick and disturbing men and wonen Apr 21 trish 4
hey paul mullins Apr 21 karma 7
Guitar players in greenup (Mar '11) Apr 20 Bigcat 62
Just started Apr 20 Dunny 6

Greenup Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance