3 mising boys in 1986
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
mike

Romania

#1 Jun 14, 2010
Hy! I just found on internet a strange case of 3 missing boys(Brandon McKee, Mike Davis and Cody Robinson) in 1986 around Greenbo lake forest.Their skeletons were found after 15 years along with the remains of a strange creature.I read some opinions, some people said was not true other said it was true. Can anyone provide here some more details about this?thanks a lot
yeah

Ashland, KY

#2 Jun 14, 2010
theres a video on youtube about it. i think it was like one of those mothman conspiracies (sp*) might still be able to check it out.ive heard true and untrue as well though
TheTruth

Ashland, KY

#3 Jun 14, 2010
This is not true. I am from Greenup County and this never happened. If it did it would be all over the news when it did.
mike

Romania

#4 Jun 14, 2010
For The Truth:how old were you in 1986? you knew someone with that name?or the sheriff's name...btw the ranger Jeff Hammond who alledgedly discovered the skeletons and the creature's corpse existed?in a small community he must be well known.
Another thing.Someone who said he lived in Greenup County said that the story was true, except the creature and said that one of the boys was found on a secondary road and not together with the other two
Resident

Ashland, KY

#5 Jun 14, 2010
It WAS all over the news when it happened. But then how the hell would you know? You weren't even born yet! Anyone got a link to the youtube video?
mike

Romania

#6 Jun 14, 2010
Resident, search on Google"Greenup 3 missing boys" and follow the second link from the bottom of the first page-Mothman mistery
Resident

Ashland, KY

#7 Jun 14, 2010
Resident

Ashland, KY

#8 Jun 14, 2010
On Tuesday, August 26th, 1986, three boys from rural Greenup County, Kentucky were exploring the woods around Greenbo Lake State Park when they disappeared. Brandon McJee age 13, Cody Robinson age 12, and Mike Davis age 13 entered the woods for an evening of hiking and exploring, never to be seen alive again.

At 8:00 the next morning, they were reported missing by their parents. In the seven days that followed, and extensive search was conducted by state andlocal law enforcement, that included over 100 volunteers, but no trace could be found.

On Wednesday, September 3rd, 1986, local residents began reporting a “dark, winged creature” being seen. They immediately began calling it “Mothman”. The Mothman sightings continues for the next two weeks as the search continued and became more energetic.

A local man became then became the focus of the investigation, and was questioned on September 21st. He had a history and conviction for abduction, and was recently paroled after three years in prison. He was eventually cleared of any involvement.

On Friday, Sept. 26th, Ms. Betty Johnson, age 73, reported sighting a create that had killed one of her dogs. This was less than a mile from where the three boys had disappeared the previous month. She gave a description of the creature to the local police, who created a drawing of the creature. She said it was approximately 7 feet tall and had bright glowing red eyes.

Police shifted their focus to the area around Betty Johnson’s home, and on Sunday September 28th, they foundtheir first significant clue. Nearby, in a thicket of broken tree limbs, they found a foot print of no animal they could identify. A cast was made and sent to the FBI at the state capital for analysis, without conclusive results. The search then centered around the Johnson property and the location of the footprint. Volunteers were brought back in for what seems a hunt for an unknown animal (possibly a bear).

In the morning of September 30th, a volunteer for a ball cap belonging to one of the missing boys. It was identified as belonging to Brandon McKee by the boy’s mother.

On October 2nd, a local couple driving back from bible study at about 9pm, were shocked when something ran across the road in front of them. They said they were just driving and talking about the renewed search when the thing jumps out in front of them. Harold Willis (the driver) swerved to avoid hitting it and brought their car to a halt. He and his wife Ida, said that the creature just stood there and watched them. They left quickly and as soon as they arrived home, called the police. They described it as more than 6 feet tall and had big red eyes.

By October 11th, the Mothman sightings had ended.

Time passed without a resolution of the three missing boys. Memorial services were conducted on the anniversary of their disappearance, but not further clues were forthcoming.

On September 3rd, 2001 – five years after their disappearance, a local Park Ranger Jeff Hammond was hiking through an area a half mile from the Greenbo dam, to photograph a local rock formation, when he discovered the skeletons of three children. Forensic examination of the remains proved they were the three missing boys. Ironically, this was just 100 yards outside of the previous search zones.

Five days later, another set of remains was found that could not be so easily identified. It was a creature, that by local estimates, stood over 7 feet tall, and weighed over 400 pounds. It had wings, and a claw and the end of each wing (similar to a bat). Conveniently, the remains disappeared, though there was at least one photo surviving. Locals claim this was the Mothman that was seen by so many. Unfortunately, without the remains for analysis, this is just speculation at this point.
Old timer

Ashland, KY

#10 Jun 14, 2010
The video is a dramatization but the story is unfortunately true. I saw it myself when I was a child back in 1938.

“Deal with it or stfu!”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#11 Jun 14, 2010
NEVER heard of this until now and I grew up in that area and was a couple of years older than those boys at that time. They were the same age as my brother also. LOL.......
wow

Ashland, KY

#12 Jun 14, 2010
don't you just like when these out of state nuts. write all of this bs never heard of something silly. silly boys. go play your games.
Greenbo guy

Ashland, KY

#13 Jun 14, 2010
How stupid are you people.Been here my whole life.I`m 62. No dumbass monsters around.Seen a few bears over the years though.
Good one

Marion, OH

#14 Jun 14, 2010
It is not true. The video that is on you tube was made for a class at GCHS. It has no truth to it. It's a fabricated untrue story made for a class. There were not any mothman sightings in GC but several in surrounding areas. I am a big Mothman buff and have read lots of books and newspaper articles about the sightings. I have even been to the area in Point Pleasant, WV where most of the Mothman sightings took place before the Silver Bridge collapsed.
mike

Romania

#15 Jun 15, 2010
ok,but the names in the story? is there any of it real?those persons existed?how about the ranger that discovered the remains?
Someone

Greenup, KY

#16 Jun 15, 2010
I grew up as a small child listening to stories of the mothman and chief cornstalk both are from Point Pleasent WVa, My father and his brothers grew up in that area as a teenager the would party at TNT, a place were they would test TNT back during WW2, I have spent alot of time in that town and some people I do belive have seen the moth man, When my father pasted away he drowned in a pond in Point pleasent, he was a piolt for the barges, he was a great swimmer, I have seen him swim from one side of the ohio river to the other. Any who they blamed the moth man on his and 2 others deaths all in the same day not to mention my father was related or conected to the other people that we killed that died that day. There was a publication in the SUN tabloid, about it. To this day my family has no clue how this information ever got to the SUN and when we called they would not talk to us or give us a return call when we left messages. He passed away in sept, 2003.
Good One

Marion, OH

#17 Jun 15, 2010
Been to the TNT area too. Very spooky and if you have read any books about the mothman, you can picture this area as they describe it.
mike

Romania

#18 Jun 16, 2010
yeah,i start to think it's not true...if you think it's curious:even if this boys(about nobody heard-btw,after their names you can't find any data related on the net)were lost in that woods, they could find a road or a house finally(looking on google satellite map anyone can see that the forest is about 3,5 miles wide.In one day, in summer(no snow or cold) a 13 year boy can do this distance in a few hours,a day tops...and the forest is surrounded by roads.Another thing:in that video they said that the boys were searched only in a ZONE about HALF a mile from the dam, when normally you could search the entire forest in a week-the time that they spent looking for the kids.And no one can find any kind of article in any paper of that time
no name

Wagoner, OK

#19 Jun 16, 2010
lived on claylick or big b acres as it was called at the time this is such bullshit it was funny though and yes iam old enough to knowTOTAL BULLSHIT HAHAHAHAH
tittz

United States

#20 Sep 29, 2010
Here some more information Big H!
give it a rest

United States

#21 Sep 29, 2010
give it a rest tittz. just leave the boy alone. hes probably still a teenager and your probably like 40 so act your age not your iq and let it go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tammy Gray 1 hr Me I Guess 2
Wes Nunley 6 hr Me I Guess 4
andy blevins 6 hr Countygirl 2
greenup jail (Feb '17) 16 hr Woka 90
ALLIE OSBORNE is a fat...... (Aug '10) Tue weez 25
Greenup County Jailer Should RESIGN!! (Aug '11) Tue Ha ha 138
Donnie roe and Jenny roe?? (Oct '17) Apr 20 Blahblahblah 6

Greenup Jobs

Personal Finance

Greenup Mortgages