STEELERS FAN

Versailles, KY

#63 Oct 7, 2009
Look, the thing is Carter deserves all the credit that be given to him. He's a hell of a football player and rightfully so. He's worked hard for it. He has earned every bit of it. The people on here saying otherwise is either jealous or don't know him. I do know him and you couldn't ask for a better kid. Yeah, I'm not going to say that he hasn't made some bad choices, but what teenager makes good choices? He will make something of himself and his Dad and Step-mom will make sure of that. They back and support him in everything he does. They are VERY proud of him and what he's accomplished! I understand everyone's ENVY towards him, but please don't get on here with your stupid remarks and whatever your doing to try and make him look bad. It only reflects back on you.
hmm

Ashland, KY

#64 Oct 7, 2009
Maybe its not the boys, there is another major player on the team,,,the coach. Why is it if the team wins the coach gets the credit, the boys lose they take the fall. Maybe coach should work on getting plays in a little faster and not waste time on the clock.
GC PARENT

AOL

#65 Oct 7, 2009
hmm wrote:
Maybe its not the boys, there is another major player on the team,,,the coach. Why is it if the team wins the coach gets the credit, the boys lose they take the fall. Maybe coach should work on getting plays in a little faster and not waste time on the clock.
If you actually follow GC football, which you obviously dont, you would know that the coach always takes the blame for the loss. This past friday after the Rowan County game, he told the boys, the radio, and the papers that he was 100% responsible for the loss. He was tore up about it, Coach Copley is an awesome coach who has came in and changed how 'most' of the county feels about our football program. He truly cares for every player on his team and only wants the best for and from them. I for one am amazed at the changes he's made county wide. He took a county that has always been split into two sides, and made them see that we are all one family. Its his first year, its comments like these that make it obvious why we cant get a coach to stick around. I think this one has the back bone to put up with ignorance and possibly take GC back to where we used to be, which is a team to be proud of. If we dont win another game all year, I'm already proud of what these boys have overcome and accomplished. The excited and support is awesome!!
As for Rashard Carter, why do people have to get on here and trash a KID?? If you have watched him play, you know that he is unreal. One of the best highschool players that I have ever seen. He looks like an NFL player against some of these teams. He has more than earned his spot.. and know one knows what this child has lived through and endured. All kids get in trouble, can you imagine how your children would act if they were in foster care?? So what if he has made mistakes, he is one of the nicest more respectable kids I have ever met. He just wants to play football and win AS A TEAM, he doesn't want all the credit. If you knew him, you might know this. Of course he loves the spot light, everyone loves to be good at something and get credit for it. Even adults, how can we fault him for that?? I for one will continue to support our Musketeers and Rashard. GO GREENUP!!!
Eight is Enough

Ashland, KY

#66 Oct 7, 2009
GC PARENT wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually follow GC football, which you obviously dont, you would know that the coach always takes the blame for the loss. This past friday after the Rowan County game, he told the boys, the radio, and the papers that he was 100% responsible for the loss. He was tore up about it, Coach Copley is an awesome coach who has came in and changed how 'most' of the county feels about our football program. He truly cares for every player on his team and only wants the best for and from them. I for one am amazed at the changes he's made county wide. He took a county that has always been split into two sides, and made them see that we are all one family. Its his first year, its comments like these that make it obvious why we cant get a coach to stick around. I think this one has the back bone to put up with ignorance and possibly take GC back to where we used to be, which is a team to be proud of. If we dont win another game all year, I'm already proud of what these boys have overcome and accomplished. The excited and support is awesome!!
As for Rashard Carter, why do people have to get on here and trash a KID?? If you have watched him play, you know that he is unreal. One of the best highschool players that I have ever seen. He looks like an NFL player against some of these teams. He has more than earned his spot.. and know one knows what this child has lived through and endured. All kids get in trouble, can you imagine how your children would act if they were in foster care?? So what if he has made mistakes, he is one of the nicest more respectable kids I have ever met. He just wants to play football and win AS A TEAM, he doesn't want all the credit. If you knew him, you might know this. Of course he loves the spot light, everyone loves to be good at something and get credit for it. Even adults, how can we fault him for that?? I for one will continue to support our Musketeers and Rashard. GO GREENUP!!!
He should. he aint worth a damn.
parent of gc kids

Broken Arrow, OK

#67 Oct 7, 2009
i for one really like coach copley, he seems to be very sincere and has turned the energy around at gchs. my son has played jfl for 4 yrs and he never even knew the high school coach until this year. at any given practice u might see one of the high school coaches at my son's practice. that really means alot to those boys. so what if this coach makes a few mistakes i hope that people give him a chance, so what if he is rookie coach he has done a complete uhual on gc football county wide from jfl to high school. give him time i think that in a few years we will be unstopable. as far as rashard i have seen him around and he is a very well behaved well mannered kid. let's not judge what u think he has done, u have no idea what this child has been through. the best thing we as greenup countians can do is support him and give him a chance we might be what this kids needs to make something of hisself. so stop all the negative because just think if when we made mistakes as teenagers what would have happened if we had no one there for us. i wish all the luck to him and greenup football program and coach copley
hmmm

Ashland, KY

#68 Oct 8, 2009
no I dont know all the story about after the game,,,I was talking bout the people on here trashing the kids. I hope greenup succeeds beyond their imagination!!!
Who Dey

Ashland, KY

#69 Oct 8, 2009
Who Dey wrote:
" You play to W-I-N the game! "
"Just W-I-N Baby"
Jim Jones

United States

#70 Oct 8, 2009
It is truly amazing that a child who has been in as much trouble will still be able to play. He has screwed over his family and the court system on numerous times but still gets to play. It goes to show you what is really important in this area. It sure isn't holding someone accountable for thier actions. When football season is in he can do what he wants. When its over though, its back to court.
LOLA of Mola

Ashland, KY

#71 Oct 8, 2009
parent of gc kids wrote:
i for one really like coach copley, he seems to be very sincere and has turned the energy around at gchs. my son has played jfl for 4 yrs and he never even knew the high school coach until this year. at any given practice u might see one of the high school coaches at my son's practice. that really means alot to those boys. so what if this coach makes a few mistakes i hope that people give him a chance, so what if he is rookie coach he has done a complete uhual on gc football county wide from jfl to high school. give him time i think that in a few years we will be unstopable. as far as rashard i have seen him around and he is a very well behaved well mannered kid. let's not judge what u think he has done, u have no idea what this child has been through. the best thing we as greenup countians can do is support him and give him a chance we might be what this kids needs to make something of hisself. so stop all the negative because just think if when we made mistakes as teenagers what would have happened if we had no one there for us. i wish all the luck to him and greenup football program and coach copley
Loser!
A Friend

Huntington, WV

#72 Oct 9, 2009
I met Rashard last night at the homecoming festivities. He is a VERY well mannered young man, "yes sir", "no sir" answers. Very respectful in his mannerisms. He seems genuinely please to be playing for Greenup, and I think giving him the chance is a great move by Coach Copley. I think that the coach is going to do great things here given a little time and UNDERSTANDING from the community. I do have to say that there are a lot of parents here that try to live their lives vicariously through their children. It shows in all these nasty comments about Rashard. Leave the boy alone; if you don't like that he's playing, don't go to the games, and keep your mouth's shut! Just my two cents...
daddy of Patty

Ashland, KY

#73 Oct 9, 2009
A Friend wrote:
I met Rashard last night at the homecoming festivities. He is a VERY well mannered young man, "yes sir", "no sir" answers. Very respectful in his mannerisms. He seems genuinely please to be playing for Greenup, and I think giving him the chance is a great move by Coach Copley. I think that the coach is going to do great things here given a little time and UNDERSTANDING from the community. I do have to say that there are a lot of parents here that try to live their lives vicariously through their children. It shows in all these nasty comments about Rashard. Leave the boy alone; if you don't like that he's playing, don't go to the games, and keep your mouth's shut! Just my two cents...
Is he 18 yet?

Since: Oct 09

Greenup, KY

#74 Oct 10, 2009
Well i hope you all know that your lil star player is giving his Adderall away at school.

Greenup, KY

#75 Oct 10, 2009
First of all mr Dddy of Patty....im not a parent of one of the players and i dont even like the way they are letting Rashard start before the other players......who have been at GCHS for a lot longer than he has. He does drugs and passes his Adderall out like its CANDY! But do you think the GCHS coaches and crap cares.......ABSOLUTELY NOT! They ned to get their head out of their butts and realize that their "star player" is a druggy!!! How stupid do you think GCHS is going to look when Rashards running down the feild and pass out cause he took to much Vicodin??? Think about it....
Ben Dover

Ashland, KY

#76 Oct 10, 2009
blahna wrote:
Well i hope you all know that your lil star player is giving his Adderall away at school.
He dont need all of it ya dimby!!
TheRealest

United States

#77 Oct 10, 2009
U racist pieces of trash are just mad that he's black and he's startin over all the white boys with no talent. Hahahahaha. If u don't have talent then try to swing a golf club. The boy is gifted and will make noise at the next level too. He's the best playmaker in the area. Give props when props are due!!
GC PARENT

Ashland, KY

#78 Oct 10, 2009
blahna wrote:
First of all mr Dddy of Patty....im not a parent of one of the players and i dont even like the way they are letting Rashard start before the other players......who have been at GCHS for a lot longer than he has. He does drugs and passes his Adderall out like its CANDY! But do you think the GCHS coaches and crap cares.......ABSOLUTELY NOT! They ned to get their head out of their butts and realize that their "star player" is a druggy!!! How stupid do you think GCHS is going to look when Rashards running down the feild and pass out cause he took to much Vicodin??? Think about it....
Its Greenup County- Im telling you- THEY DO NOT CARE- you are so right- but they will NEVER address this issue- all they can say is- he's a nice boy he's a good athlete..They do not CARE about his problems.. Easier to ignore it. IF they did, they would be getting him help.. and NO this is NOT typical teen behaviour!!!!
GC PARENT

Ashland, KY

#79 Oct 10, 2009
STEELERS FAN wrote:
Look, the thing is Carter deserves all the credit that be given to him. He's a hell of a football player and rightfully so. He's worked hard for it. He has earned every bit of it. The people on here saying otherwise is either jealous or don't know him. I do know him and you couldn't ask for a better kid. Yeah, I'm not going to say that he hasn't made some bad choices, but what teenager makes good choices? He will make something of himself and his Dad and Step-mom will make sure of that. They back and support him in everything he does. They are VERY proud of him and what he's accomplished! I understand everyone's ENVY towards him, but please don't get on here with your stupid remarks and whatever your doing to try and make him look bad. It only reflects back on you.
YOU idiot..he is not even living with his Dad. and there is a reason for it!!! Get off topix and back to JFL where you belong!!
You all know Nothing

Ashland, KY

#80 Oct 10, 2009
First off no he is not 18 but when he is jump on and try him out!!! Have you ever had a azz whippin by a black boy? He dosnt live with his Dad and Step-mom which are very good ppl by the way and he can be pizz tested at anytime which he is randomly and will pass with flying colors he just had a test less that 2 weeks ago and I seen the results of did any of you that are saying this crap? I myself didnt play football kinda thougth it was stupid but he loves it and I within my power and conections will try my best to get rashard into a good school and continue his football carear just for the fact of hes tryin to better hiself. Any of you that needs more enlightenment I would be glad to meet with you face to face and talk more about it. Thanx to all of you ppl who support this kid and it will all come back to you one day. One last thought Kindness Pays HUGE dividends just think on that.

Greenup, KY

#81 Oct 11, 2009
Must have been a fake test.
Rashards stepmom

Ironton, OH

#82 Oct 13, 2009
GC PARENT wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU idiot..he is not even living with his Dad. and there is a reason for it!!! Get off topix and back to JFL where you belong!!
This is his Step-Mom, Carlinda, and who looks like an IDIOT now? No, he doesn't live with us, but that doesn't change the way we feel about him! We love and support him all the way. Like I said...He will make something of himself, we will make sure of it. I'm not going to hold Rashard accountable for some mistakes he's made...he's only 17. Like I said...I couldn't be more proud of him and I understand everyones ENVY. Very few people TRULY know what he's been through, so lay off! If it bothers some of you that he's playing, then lets see you get out there and do better! I love Rashard and wouldn't trade him or all the things we've been through for the world. Some of you try and remember...he's only a CHILD. Would you want someone talking trash about your child? Think about that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greenup Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andrea Drown 2 hr Been there 2
Joe Mccann (Nov '12) 12 hr BrandiGillumMccann 10
Greenup co court house 18 hr Amused 6
Emma Mitchell (Sep '13) 20 hr Amused 11
Andrea wilkins 20 hr Puke 11
chrissy bertram 22 hr makesmesick 6
Truck 4 sale? 23 hr Earl 1
Greenup Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web