Desperate Mother

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

anyone know who the best lawyer for child custody, name change of a minor & terminate father(spermdonor) rights...who would you hire for this, I need to protect my children from a deadbeat whose hasnt been in their lives for 14yrs...owes over $10,0000 in child support & has never used his last name, yet its on the birth certificate, I was never married to him thank god, But I need to legally change it & protect them, they have had a "real" Daddy, for the past 10 years who would love to adopt them, anyone know who is the best at this (lawyer) or what is the ky laws on name changes & teminating father rights?? please any help would be soooo appreciated..
Lawyer

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

No in Greenup they all will sell you out. Go to Boyd County
same situation

Warren, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Ok u have to be married for 6 months with an adoptive father.. but the biolaogical donor has to be willing to sign up his rights. there is ways to get them taken but its very hard. i dont know a laywer but i do know that a bio donor will always have some rights even supervised visits unless u can convince then to sign up there rights hope it helps.. get him put in jail for childsupport over and over then he will be more likely to do so...hope this helps
Rawrs

Muskogee, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

All lawyers suck

“Live, Love, Laugh!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Desperate Mother wrote:
anyone know who the best lawyer for child custody, name change of a minor & terminate father(spermdonor) rights...who would you hire for this, I need to protect my children from a deadbeat whose hasnt been in their lives for 14yrs...owes over $10,0000 in child support & has never used his last name, yet its on the birth certificate, I was never married to him thank god, But I need to legally change it & protect them, they have had a "real" Daddy, for the past 10 years who would love to adopt them, anyone know who is the best at this (lawyer) or what is the ky laws on name changes & teminating father rights?? please any help would be soooo appreciated..
I have walked more than one mile in your shoes & hope my advice works for you as well as what I did has worked for me.

Let's first address the termination of parental rights for the deadbeat sperm donor - sperm donor, I've used it for years. When I re-married, I did not terminate parental rights but did add my new last name to my children's & they quit using the sperm donor's last name. So my son's name was Henry William Johnson Smith. When I decided to do this I sought counsel from my friend, former Judge Lewis Nicholls. He asked why I didn't want to terminate parental rights & have my new husband adopt the children. My reasoning was this - he was lucky enough to get out of paying child support so if he'd ever win the lottery for example I could still get the child support that was owed. Termination of parental rights & release from financial obligation go hand in hand. Low & behold, since that time & the present time, lawmakers have seen fit to protect women & children from the thoughtlessness of sperm donors - at least financially. My baby is now 26, the sperm donor is receiving social security & I'm getting the back child support. This does involve hiring an attorney & an attempt to contact the sperm donor, I think. Since this is available as an option instead of termination of parental rights, I'd think long & hard before I spent the money required for termination of parental rights.
All The Same

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Man, you women are all the same, either give me the money or I don't want to see you and you can't see your kids.

That says more about you than him.

Oh, he doen't come around! Well, if you would not be a b to him when he was coming around, then maybe he would want to come around, but then he probably figured you out and knew you only really wanted his money or to have babies so you could get on welfare to get other free money.

You made your bed, so sleep in it! Ya, I like that one!!!

“Live, Love, Laugh!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

All The Same wrote:
Man, you women are all the same, either give me the money or I don't want to see you and you can't see your kids.
That says more about you than him.
Oh, he doen't come around! Well, if you would not be a b to him when he was coming around, then maybe he would want to come around, but then he probably figured you out and knew you only really wanted his money or to have babies so you could get on welfare to get other free money.
You made your bed, so sleep in it! Ya, I like that one!!!
I was & still am very nice to him. He has shut his children out for many years & stayed away. I never denied him visitation. He even dissed the youngest when that child had brain cancer. Sorry to say this but you sound like one of the dead beat dads that are so disliked. I am sorry for you & any children you may have.
ShagnastyPfarqwa r

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Judged:

There are alot of dead beat dads out there, mine is a dead beat dad, he left my mom when she was pregnant with me and had a 2 year old son to take care of with nothing, she never made him pay her child support because she went to college and became a nurse, then decided to work for VA hospital in Huntingotn so she never needed his money , still he never wanted anything to do with my brother or I , but on the other hand there are alot of dead beat mothers who work the system , my husband has a 9 year old daughter right now that he pays child support for and has not even got to see or talk to her since she was 3 months old because the mother moved out of state so we would have to hire a private attorney to fight for visitation rights , she basically used him for a sperm donor , she wanted a baby and someone to give her money , my husband and I have a child together and hes a really really good dad , it sucks but it can go both ways

“Live, Love, Laugh!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

ShagnastyPfarqwar wrote:
There are alot of dead beat dads out there, mine is a dead beat dad, he left my mom when she was pregnant with me and had a 2 year old son to take care of with nothing, she never made him pay her child support because she went to college and became a nurse, then decided to work for VA hospital in Huntingotn so she never needed his money , still he never wanted anything to do with my brother or I , but on the other hand there are alot of dead beat mothers who work the system , my husband has a 9 year old daughter right now that he pays child support for and has not even got to see or talk to her since she was 3 months old because the mother moved out of state so we would have to hire a private attorney to fight for visitation rights , she basically used him for a sperm donor , she wanted a baby and someone to give her money , my husband and I have a child together and hes a really really good dad , it sucks but it can go both ways
It does indeed work two ways. Never said that it didn't - merely relayed how I handled my situation which seemed to be very similar to the lady needing the lawyer. The way I handled things was very smooth & didn't require me to spend a lot of money that could have been spent on my children. Termination of parental rights is expensive financially & emotionally. Money & time that could be used for the children as well as the turmoil caused by such an action. It's very typical for a dbd to receive a parental rights termination & all of a sudden he or she becomes "the perfect parent". Sad but true. I feel badly for your husband because he seems like an admirable man. Hiring a private attorney for visitation for a man who is paying child support might not be as expensive as you think. Good luck.
ShagnastyPfarqwa r

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

Thank you , we are working on it , I can't understand why either mother or father think that they can have a child and not want to take responsibility , I believe a child NEEDS both parents in their life, even if the parents are seperated they should still be a part of their childrens lives, I am glad that everything worked out for you and I'm glad your children have someone in their lives who is wanting to be there and support them ,( being a role model) ;o)

“Live, Love, Laugh!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2010

ShagnastyPfarqwar wrote:
Thank you , we are working on it , I can't understand why either mother or father think that they can have a child and not want to take responsibility , I believe a child NEEDS both parents in their life, even if the parents are seperated they should still be a part of their childrens lives, I am glad that everything worked out for you and I'm glad your children have someone in their lives who is wanting to be there and support them ,( being a role model) ;o)
Go figure.
let asl

Broken Arrow, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2010

i had a boy a couple of years back. when he found out that i was pregant he wanted me to get reid of the baby . so i broke it off with him my mom could had gone crazy when she found out that he wanted me to termnat the baby. so i broke it off i had the baby gave him my last name. the father saw him when he was first born he told me that he no longer wanted to know about the boy in fronte of my parents and my sister. i felt like that i would die. i all most let my parents have the baby my mom said no. he was your child. now i'm happly married to a great guy and have a new baby my oldest son think that his step dad is his dad. i'm at my happest now sooner or later i will tell my son with the loving support of my husband and family. i hope that you find the peace that you decerve.
hotrod

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2010

Judged:

There aren't any good lawyers in Greenup. One thing for sure, "Don't give them any money up front"!! If they are like Jim Armstrong, they will quit on you and keep the retainer. I know from experience.
gadgetd69

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2010

Judged:

Best Law firm for any case in Greenup is Mcbrayer MCginnis leslie and kirkland..Best lawyer John R McGinnis or his son Stephen. Good Luck your a female so that is already in your favor men get the shaft in Judge preston's court.
desperate mother

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

someone_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I was & still am very nice to him. He has shut his children out for many years & stayed away. I never denied him visitation. He even dissed the youngest when that child had brain cancer. Sorry to say this but you sound like one of the dead beat dads that are so disliked. I am sorry for you & any children you may have.
TO SOMEONE, thank u so much for ur advice, I am so terrified about this whole situation and when i said "sperm-donor" I was being sarcastic...he is a TOTAL DEADBEAT...He lives in FL & my children have used my last name at school & in ALL sports, etc... the only thing that has his last name is their birth certificate & soc sec card...except all of a sudden this yr my daughter went to 6th grade & they wanted proof of a legal name change, yet my son is at the same school in 8th grade & they say nothing, he has my last name (no proof needed!?) So i have to go to court and change it!
I dont know what lawyer, i heard Cathering Kendall was good or Stephanie Hembroff? since ur good friend was a judge maybe u could get his advice on the name change thing or lawyer I will never use Mcginnis...8 yrs ago, he was deadbeat attorney & lost visitation, got supervised twice with his parents and then he dropped off the face of earth, truthfully, he went to rehab twice, jail for over a year, drugs, stealing, etc...point is my children want this over with as for the termination thing, I get it my kids deserve that money someday BUT they nor I care about the money, he had his thousand chances...they dont want to see him & very scared that he would come after them..their words not mine! thanks again someone
desperate mother

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

ok mcginnis...no thanks! what about wilson & kendall, or stephanie hembroff for attorney in the minor name change and does anyone know how often judges GRANT minor name changes when the deadbeat father is absent for over 6 yrs plus...
debi

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

Desperate Mother wrote:
try paul craft in greenup he got my ex sperm donor

“Live, Love, Laugh!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2010

desperate mother wrote:
ok mcginnis...no thanks! what about wilson & kendall, or stephanie hembroff for attorney in the minor name change and does anyone know how often judges GRANT minor name changes when the deadbeat father is absent for over 6 yrs plus...
It's not really a name change - it's a name addition. I added my husband's last name to my children's, got their birth certificates changed, & that was that. That way you're not terminating parental rights which is very difficult, costly, & time consuming. I know this from experience. In addition, if your husband raises them - no matter what their last name is, should they become disabled they can receive social security benefits from whichever man made the most money. Again, I have a child doing this & know several others in the same position. In addition, should the sperm donor die - they would be entitled to survivor's benefits from social security from him, if your husband dies they would be entitled to benefits from him too. I hate to sound all practical & like it's all about money because it isn't. It's about providing the best you can for your child. Having two cushions vs one - hmmmm
desperate mother

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2010

debi wrote:
<quoted text>try paul craft in greenup he got my ex sperm donor
What do u mean he got ur ex "deadbeat" & I think Paul Craft works with Mcginnis...I cant use them or can I they were my ex's lawyer 8 yrs ago... I think he never paid them or something? Anyways, what did paul craft do for u?

“Live, Love, Laugh!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2010

desperate mother wrote:
<quoted text>
What do u mean he got ur ex "deadbeat" & I think Paul Craft works with Mcginnis...I cant use them or can I they were my ex's lawyer 8 yrs ago... I think he never paid them or something? Anyways, what did paul craft do for u?
It may be a conflict of interest but well worth asking. Paul Craft is an excellent attorney.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Greenup Forum right now

Search the Greenup Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Annie 144,936
Greenup should have a mud run 2 hr Stewie 3
Red barn (Aug '10) 2 hr Stewie 115
Lost Siberian Husky 3 hr Reward Siberian Husky 8
new links to pictures 3 hr Reward Siberian Husky 1
Baby shower locations? 5 hr Just me 1
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr LMS 26,173
•••
•••
•••
•••

Greenup Jobs

•••