Eric7of9

Louisville, KY

#24 Sep 18, 2008
Cowdays...the two days out of the year that people bring their children to milk a fiber glass cow. These same people then allow their children to drink whatever it is that comes from said fiber glass cows "milk sac". Of course they pull out the old bottle of liquid sanitizer to clean the "teets" which is as about as effective as using spit.

Since: Sep 08

Glasgow, KY

#25 Sep 18, 2008
It's this weekend. I love Cow Days, I look
forward to it every year. It's pretty great :)
haha

Campbellsville, KY

#26 Sep 18, 2008
all they got over there is flea market stuff
question

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 Sep 19, 2008
Does anyone know if they still have a booth set up playing bingo? I remember on saturday I used to sit and play all day long and it was pretty fun. If they do is it a certain day or time or is it both days til it closes up? Any info would be appreciated. Thanx
look again

Campbellsville, KY

#29 Sep 19, 2008
JOSEPH wrote:
mAYBE SOME NICE CARING PERSON SUCH AS YOURSELF WILL HELP THEM.Main street isnt blocked off.
You must not have went to town because it damn sure is!
witches of eastwick

Glasgow, KY

#30 Sep 19, 2008
JUGNUTS wrote:
<quoted text> hey dumbass they will be running the shortbus again, why dont your stupid ass hitch a ride on it, i am sure they will let you be the first one to saddel up on it, so git-r-done,,,,,,,,,,BIG JIM UNDERWOOD
How F@#$%ING OLD ARE YOU ANYWAY? TALKING ABOUT THE SHORT BUS>>>GOOD GRIEF GET A D@%N LIFE!
NjR

United States

#32 Sep 20, 2008
Cowdays is great but its a shame when u cant go down there and take ur kids and have a good time for ppl thinkin they have to start drama all the time.And this is green co and everyone pretty much knows who the trouble makers are.Ill just tell u i was down there friday night and had a incident where a OLDER girl called my 14 yr old sister a wh*re.Shes only 14 and there is no need to talk to her like that.It was all because we walked past them and they think they own green co which would be some buleys and a few others.Well its like this its a shame that u cant go anywhere without childish ppl starting trouble.
Pathetic

Rineyville, KY

#33 Sep 20, 2008
NjR wrote:
Cowdays is great but its a shame when u cant go down there and take ur kids and have a good time for ppl thinkin they have to start drama all the time.And this is green co and everyone pretty much knows who the trouble makers are.Ill just tell u i was down there friday night and had a incident where a OLDER girl called my 14 yr old sister a wh*re.Shes only 14 and there is no need to talk to her like that.It was all because we walked past them and they think they own green co which would be some buleys and a few others.Well its like this its a shame that u cant go anywhere without childish ppl starting trouble.
This older girl you're referring to is probably the same girl that bullied my son. There were several kids that bought play guns that looked like semi-automatic guns and pistols. Kids were not only shooting the small soft ball ammunition. They were using small rocks and shooting among one another, as well as people who didn't own one of the play guns. Trust me. Shooting small sharp objects out of this play gun is probably equivalent to the velocity of a short-range assault weapon. I'm thankful one of the kids didn't put one of my son's eyes out. His neck was blistered from the sharp objects.

The play guns are legal to purchase because they have a one inch orange end on the end of the barrel. This is according to the Greensburg Police Department and the Kentucky State Police. Kids were shooting one another with these hazardous guns. What kind of positive message is this teaching kids? Does Columbine or any of the school shootings ring a bell? Why is George W concerned so much about terrorism when it's being promoted at events like Cow Days?

What if some psycho decided to take the orange end off one of these toy guns and put it on a real gun? The law says it's legal to carry a realistic looking gun around as long as it has a one inch orange end on it to signify that it's a toy gun.

The vender that sold these guns was from Louisville. From what I gathered, this oriental man working the booth had sold over 100 of these play guns at $7-$17 per gun (depending on the type bought) during Saturday of Cow Days.

The city police could not make the vendor stop selling the play guns, but they did have the authority to confiscate the play guns from the kids that caused trouble with the toys. The city police confiscated many of these play guns that parents wasted $7-$17 on. I'm glad I wasn't stupid enough to buy one for my son.

Should we continue to call this annual event "Cow Days," or should we call it teaching kids to "Kill Days?" I wonder if Al Qeida is behind the legality of selling these play guns.
yep

United States

#34 Sep 21, 2008
This girl im talkin about is about 18.Its sad to see how people turn their kids lose when u go to a place like that.And the deal with the fake guns police never do anything to do the ones that need it done to its always the ones that dont do anything.Well it is a good thing tho no one got hurt or a eye put out.
Pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>
This older girl you're referring to is probably the same girl that bullied my son. There were several kids that bought play guns that looked like semi-automatic guns and pistols. Kids were not only shooting the small soft ball ammunition. They were using small rocks and shooting among one another, as well as people who didn't own one of the play guns. Trust me. Shooting small sharp objects out of this play gun is probably equivalent to the velocity of a short-range assault weapon. I'm thankful one of the kids didn't put one of my son's eyes out. His neck was blistered from the sharp objects.
The play guns are legal to purchase because they have a one inch orange end on the end of the barrel. This is according to the Greensburg Police Department and the Kentucky State Police. Kids were shooting one another with these hazardous guns. What kind of positive message is this teaching kids? Does Columbine or any of the school shootings ring a bell? Why is George W concerned so much about terrorism when it's being promoted at events like Cow Days?
What if some psycho decided to take the orange end off one of these toy guns and put it on a real gun? The law says it's legal to carry a realistic looking gun around as long as it has a one inch orange end on it to signify that it's a toy gun.
The vender that sold these guns was from Louisville. From what I gathered, this oriental man working the booth had sold over 100 of these play guns at $7-$17 per gun (depending on the type bought) during Saturday of Cow Days.
The city police could not make the vendor stop selling the play guns, but they did have the authority to confiscate the play guns from the kids that caused trouble with the toys. The city police confiscated many of these play guns that parents wasted $7-$17 on. I'm glad I wasn't stupid enough to buy one for my son.
Should we continue to call this annual event "Cow Days," or should we call it teaching kids to "Kill Days?" I wonder if Al Qeida is behind the legality of selling these play guns.
Speaker of FACTS

United States

#35 Sep 21, 2008
I don:t think a lot of this stuff falls back to cow days. Where were the parants? It all begins at home. Back in my days it was sling slots and BB guns but we were taught how to play with them AT HOME. Wake up parants quit blaming something or someone for failure of your job.
Pathetic

Leitchfield, KY

#36 Sep 21, 2008
Speaker of FACTS wrote:
I don:t think a lot of this stuff falls back to cow days. Where were the parants? It all begins at home. Back in my days it was sling slots and BB guns but we were taught how to play with them AT HOME. Wake up parants quit blaming something or someone for failure of your job.
I'm not blaming Cow Days. When kids get to a certain age, you have to let them have at least a little freedom. As far as the play guns are concerned, I don't think you can purchase a play gun that resembles a real semi-automatic weapon or pistol. Why should some out-of-towner be able to come into this community and sell something like this? I guarantee public schools, courthouses, banks, and federal buildings would not allow these play guns. Why should these play guns be allowed in an public area where thousands of people congregate, like Cow Days? I saw at least 50 kids carrying these play guns around. How do you or I know someone decided to take the orange end off one of these play guns and stuck it on a real pistol? What if a maniac kid or adult went on a shooting rampage? I take this very seriously and everyone else should too.

It's always people like you who want to point the blame at the parents. Yeah! Forget about the guy profiting off of these realistic looking play guns while setting a negative example to kids.
lazy parenting

Campbellsville, KY

#37 Sep 21, 2008
Parents need to do yur job! What is your job? Raise your kids right, spend time with them and teach them right from wrong. Don't let them run around town annoying people. It is so easy to blame everyone else, when the blame falls squarely on the parents. Parents buy the toys or atleast give the money to the kids, so it is your fault. QUIT BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE FOR YOUR BAD KIDS. If you had done your job the kids would not act like that.

If kids can't act right, they don't need any freedoms. C'mon people use your damn heads. Just because a child reaches a certain age does not mean you can just turn them loose to terrorize everyone else. This is just lazy parenting. You send them out so you don't have to deal with them.

Bottom line it is not the guy selling the product to blame. The blame falls on you parents and you unruly kids.
Pathetic

Campbellsville, KY

#38 Sep 21, 2008
lazy parenting wrote:
Parents need to do yur job! What is your job? Raise your kids right, spend time with them and teach them right from wrong. Don't let them run around town annoying people. It is so easy to blame everyone else, when the blame falls squarely on the parents. Parents buy the toys or atleast give the money to the kids, so it is your fault. QUIT BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE FOR YOUR BAD KIDS. If you had done your job the kids would not act like that.
If kids can't act right, they don't need any freedoms. C'mon people use your damn heads. Just because a child reaches a certain age does not mean you can just turn them loose to terrorize everyone else. This is just lazy parenting. You send them out so you don't have to deal with them.
Bottom line it is not the guy selling the product to blame. The blame falls on you parents and you unruly kids.
I don't know who you're trying to preach to. If you're trying to preach to me, then lets get one thing straight. I don't just drop my kids off somewhere like Cow Days and come back to pick them up six or seven hours later. I don't even live in this town. I've always tried to be aware of where my kids are going, be in close proximity of where they are, and for them to not be gone long.

Like I said, I don't live in Greensburg and pray to God that I never have to. I'm close to my kids. I take them to church, pray with them, provide for their physical needs (food, shelter, clothes, etc), and an ear and heart to listen to their problems, fears, concerns, and joys. I'm by all means not a perfect parent, and I guarantee YOU are certainly not either.

Parenting kids that enter the world miraculously through child birth does not come with a printout of instructions to raise the child or how to handle the hundreds of thousands of problems he/she will face up to the age of 18.

Most of the kids that were causing trouble with the play guns probably didn't have a parent at the festival.

I guarantee I will never be back at this low-life festival again. It's arrogant accusers like you that are another reason Greensburg is a community with no future or progress.
Curious

Campbellsville, KY

#39 Sep 21, 2008
lazy parenting wrote:
Were you selling any of the toy guns "Lazy Parenting?"
lazy parenting

Campbellsville, KY

#40 Sep 21, 2008
No, I was there with my children, and we did not buy one and my kids still had a great time without terrorizing everyone else.
Wow

United States

#43 Sep 22, 2008
BIG JIM wrote:
<quoted text>well hell, just send them to mr. rogers neighborhood, maybe they will learn some teaching, and some good up-bringing, or teach them to wax there carrot, shit when i learned how to wax my carrot, i hardly ever left the house, unless i needed some dope,you folks want to blame cowdays, or the gook that was selling the toy guns or who ever the hell you want to blame, hell, blame yourself, maybe if you hadnt took the runts to cowdays to start with,then they wouldnt have been there to got the damn gun, so its all of yuns damn foult, now shut the hell up
That's got to be the most retarded statement, grammatically and insightfully, that I've ever read. What's a "yun?" What's a "foult?" What's a "gook?" Sounds like you're obsessed with waxing your carrot. Have you experienced some kind of nuclear meltdown?
truth hurts

United States

#44 Sep 22, 2008
This was the worst cow days ever. There is nothing to do there.
Mr Rogers

United States

#45 Sep 22, 2008
BIG JIM wrote:
<quoted text>well hell, just send them to mr. rogers neighborhood, maybe they will learn some teaching, and some good up-bringing, or teach them to wax there carrot, shit when i learned how to wax my carrot, i hardly ever left the house, unless i needed some dope,you folks want to blame cowdays, or the gook that was selling the toy guns or who ever the hell you want to blame, hell, blame yourself, maybe if you hadnt took the runts to cowdays to start with,then they wouldnt have been there to got the damn gun, so its all of yuns damn foult, now shut the hell up
Hello BIG JIM. Can you say "Cow Days?" Do you like toy guns? Can you say AirSoft gun? Do you think a toy AirSoft gun that shoots 340 feet per second would hurt a waxed carrot?
Heres your sign

Gradyville, KY

#46 Sep 22, 2008
neighbor wrote:
I for one wish they could move it somewhere else. I hate trying to drive through Greensburg.
I went a few times, but it got to be nothing but over priced crafts. Things that I can buy at Wal-Mart a lot cheaper.
I dread this weekend every year.
Then get what you need on friday & stay at home friday night & sat.
Wake Up

Gradyville, KY

#47 Sep 22, 2008
Pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who you're trying to preach to. If you're trying to preach to me, then lets get one thing straight. I don't just drop my kids off somewhere like Cow Days and come back to pick them up six or seven hours later. I don't even live in this town. I've always tried to be aware of where my kids are going, be in close proximity of where they are, and for them to not be gone long.
Like I said, I don't live in Greensburg and pray to God that I never have to. I'm close to my kids. I take them to church, pray with them, provide for their physical needs (food, shelter, clothes, etc), and an ear and heart to listen to their problems, fears, concerns, and joys. I'm by all means not a perfect parent, and I guarantee YOU are certainly not either.
Parenting kids that enter the world miraculously through child birth does not come with a printout of instructions to raise the child or how to handle the hundreds of thousands of problems he/she will face up to the age of 18.
Most of the kids that were causing trouble with the play guns probably didn't have a parent at the festival.
I guarantee I will never be back at this low-life festival again. It's arrogant accusers like you that are another reason Greensburg is a community with no future or progress.
You are judging Greensburg from "Your" view point.I live in TOWN,I provide for my children,take them to the festivals,pray with them & try hard to be a good parent,You are the kind of person that gives towns & festivals a bad name.So why don't you keep your self rightous self at home.You are not the only good parent around & it has nothing to do with where you live.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dakota Meyer, Medal of Honor recipient, engaged... 19 hr Yep 28
kevin bagby 20 hr jenn 1
DX Wireless Internet (Jul '09) Sun julie 23
Rebecca Wright Chaudoin Sat Redneck lover 12
Karnes Dyno REV Engine (Jul '07) Sat Murray 1,209
Christian Fox/Hannah Fox Sat Williams 1876 1
great day for Leah Hayes Fri wedding bells lea... 1
More from around the web

Greensburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE