Is it possible for a dad to get custody?

Danville, KY

#21 May 16, 2010
an ex spouse wrote:
I have been through it all I know for a fact that you will have to prove her unfit and that is hard to do since Ky. is a no fault state. A child has to be 18 years of age before they can decide if they want to have visitation rights or not and if you and your spouse cant agree the judge will decide for you. The best thing is to talk it over and decide whats best for everyone exspecially the children. I know you may be hurting but hurting someone else won't solve your problems with your wife.
not true my sister said i want to live with my my dad and da ta shes in louivill with him now she is 16. 18 is legal age do do what evr duh
good to hear

Olive Hill, KY

#22 Jun 19, 2010
From a man who has been through a divorce himself it is possible to gain custody of your kids as a father I got the kids the house she got nothing out of it. She wasn't on drugs or anything of that nature God just looked out for me because He knew that I couldn't handle not being with my kids.

Akron, OH

#23 Jun 21, 2010
what about a "dad" who bargains a relationship with a child...has no existing relationship for years and years and then uses visitation as a threat to keep from being responsible for child support (drop the case or i will get visitation) really responsible/interested father huh?
Men lose

Aurora, CO

#24 Sep 5, 2010
Women win the kids, the house, cars, cash, anything of value. You get threatened at every hearing, and at the end of the day your alone, homeless and worthless. You are expected to love losing your kids, wife and life. IF you try to see your kids, then you will go to jail. That is reality! You have no rights, no feelings, no value, no hope. Get used to it.
me myself and

Elizabethtown, KY

#25 Sep 11, 2010
The general rule of thumb is they try not to uproot the kids. If they are with the mother when you seperate and go to court, they will probably stay with her; however, if they are with the father, they will stay with him. You do not have to prove anyone unfit in fact, most of the time one parent goes into court trying to prove the other unfit, it backfires. Just love your children that is what matters, the court does not care who is F&cking who.

Florence, KY

#27 Sep 26, 2010
i have a urgent question my nephew who is 4 lives with his grandma and his one year old sister who both children have different dads, the father of the four year old wants custoday of his child from the grandmother maternal, the mother lost temp custody due to drug problems, there was a dna test done but he is not on certificate but is proof to be the dad, how or can he get custody of chile

Florence, KY

#28 Sep 26, 2010
have a urgent question my nephew who is 4 lives with his grandma and his one year old sister who both children have different dads, the father of the four year old wants custoday of his child from the grandmother maternal, the mother lost temp custody due to drug problems, there was a dna test done but he is not on certificate but is proof to be the dad, how or can he get custody of child, he doesnt have lots of money to fight the system, and the grandmother is in hospital with heartt attack, and the mother is off somewhere doing who knows what, please we need help
Kentucky boy

Tomball, TX

#29 Dec 28, 2010
Well Im going to court I filed for custody I just found out my ex has four felonie convictions one of them is for forging prescriptions and three for fraud if I can my little girl I'm throwing in the towel
Kentucky boy

Tomball, TX

#30 Dec 28, 2010
How do felonie drug convictions affect custody in Kentucky?and fraud convictions?
Anna la

Thibodaux, LA

#31 Dec 29, 2010
my husband drinks a lot he went to jail last year of beating me to death, he buckled me, pointed a loaded gun on me, he easily hit me or pour water or whatever he had on his hand when he is pissed off, i let him comeback coz i thought he would change treating me like nobody but i was wrong, just recently when we we're arguing he threw a hot coffee on my face , i know he could hurt me anytime ,i really want to be away from him but the problem is he brainwashing my children to go with him to see and meet their cousins to have fun and i cant do anything right now coz i quit my job to take care of my children and him and he agreed to pay my bills if i stop working but not giving me enough money to take care of everything,he question every single thing i do ,if he pissed off he would threatened me that he would'nt give me any money and just leave. When i was working he used to not come home so i can't go to work or leave before i have to go work ,i am tired of this situation , do i have a chance to win my childrens custody even i am not working right now ?
Anna la

Thibodaux, LA

#32 Dec 29, 2010
my husband knows i don't like his family coz of my experienced when i first got here in the US ,they never ask an apology but i forgave what they did ,but i dont want to see them no more . i want him to respect my decisions and i allowed him and my children to go see them .He celebrated thanksgiving with them and its fine with me i was alone,he did'nt give any money to get some food to cook for thanksgiving eventhough i'm alone, i told him we celebrate christmas at home he said ok but then on the 23 his sister called him to join the dinner on 24th he decided to go without talking to me ,he said he want to spend time with his sister coz he never see her for 10 yrs.then he did not go .yesterday we had argument about money he change his mind not to give me the money he told me to deposit in my account so i can pay my bills, he started to complaining and raised his voice i told him not to yell then i yelled at him too then he just decided to go see his family with my children without giving me the money for the bills, i was so mad , today is my daughter birthday he them to his family again to celebrate her birthday, why he is doing this to me ? i am not doing anything wrong to him , i took care of him i cooked food for him when he's working i have to wake 3am just to cook for his breakfast and lunch and cook for dinner every single day, he only nice to me when he want sex and if its working day but when he is off he treated me like shit , i feel so hopeless and alone ,he convinced my children to go with him to see their cousins they are happy while me only a park i can take them without spending money coz i dont work ,does he has a chance to have the legal custody of my 3 children because of that?

Casey, IL

#33 Jan 5, 2011
So it is possible or not?


#34 Oct 25, 2011
I'm in scotland and my fiance is planning to take my son away to live with her at a new place tommorrow,I have contacted a lawyer and been told I have equal rites and she can't remove my son.But if this ends up going to court-will a judge give her cusdody??
She says she will tell them I am abusive+violent towards her+her family will be her witnessess.
I have looked after my son since day1 and she goes out every other day/night.
Our son is only 15months.
Please help
Thank you

United States

#35 Apr 2, 2012
if you think you can fogive her try.. i live in ky and this state sucks with devorice... my wife i been with for 15years and she has been having phone sex called sexing.. well she has been sending a 16year old pictures of herself plus doing other things with other guys.. i have proof in the court room but they act as if she did nothing. i just wanted my kids and had proof that she naglected the kids and screwed around... im paying her child support and no matter what is said in court im the one wrong.. piss on ky.. thats why devorce is so high woman do what they want cause they know they can still get the kids and get paid for it..

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#36 May 30, 2012
Good Dad wrote:
Actually, I have custody of my child because [the child's] mother was and still is always running around with different men. She was an unfit mother when we lived with her and she still is an unfit mother now.
I have my ex who is running around with different men and drinking leaving the kids with her family while she does this I have all the proof from social media sites she posts in public forums is there any way I can use this against her.

Elk Horn, KY

#37 Jun 17, 2012
My suggestion is this: consult an attorney that does child custody cases. It may cost considerable money, but in order to get the children out of this mess, you do what you have to do..often pay out the ying yang for legal justice. Don't use the children as a pawn to get revenge or justify yourself. Good luck to you.

Shepherdsville, KY

#38 Jun 24, 2012
I have my boy I didnt have 2 prove here unfit just get good attorney 2 file the rite papers you do the rest
stay away

Cave City, KY

#39 Jun 24, 2012
i once worked with a women, during her divorce she lost custody of her children 4 of them and had to pay her husband allmony!! i couldnt believe it

Centerville, TX

#40 Jul 7, 2012
dad wrote:
I have my boy I didnt have 2 prove here unfit just get good attorney 2 file the rite papers you do the rest
Who's a good lawyer?

Charlottesville, VA

#41 Sep 11, 2012
i have an ex who took my 3yr old while i was at work and left filing an unfounded protective order. she is mentally out there on many meds with no drivers liscence and on disability ssid. an alcoholic for 28 yrs whos never lived on her own until now. state gave her section8 housing and shes in aa. she got temp custody, what are my chances of getting full custody with other 3 children tetifying against her

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min Strel 151,692
woman at walmart 3 hr bob 5
Charlie Whitley RAT 4 hr slowride 5
Warren hickdog Hickerson 9 hr Kimberly 9
Ty Ray 21 hr gdog 4
Haunted places or houses in Greensburg (Aug '09) Aug 20 Random 91
Dear Mr.Mayor (Mar '09) Aug 20 Jack 51

Greensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greensburg Mortgages