Longhunters Coffee and Tea Company

Posted in the Greensburg Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Customer Service

Hodgenville, KY

#1 Nov 19, 2011
Has anyone else had bad customer service there? I went there with my daughter and stood for over 5 minutes without anyone even greeting us. I know they are a new place but greeting a customer and just saying "we will be with you in a moment" is just common sense. Do not have a customer come in and stand at the counter for a long period of time while 5 employees stand behind the counter talking, look at the customers waiting (2 more come in behind us) and then go back to talking. They were NOT busy at the time.
Worried

United States

#2 Nov 19, 2011
That is what happens to so many Greensburg businesses. You go and get bad service and the next time, you just drive on through town to Campbellsville.
New

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Nov 20, 2011
I am not from here but seem like people is not very friendly. Since this small town don't know if they backwards or what. The day I was in there it was a fat girl working very rude. I have a business I try to chose out going friendly people for customer service. But on other hand these people don't make very much so we shouldn't expect much service.
snakeeyes

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Nov 20, 2011
just like everything else that comes to this town, they hire low class, no manners and expect to succeed.
Should Be Amazed

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Nov 20, 2011
Dear New,
Hopefully, your business will not be mentioned on this link. Your slaughter of the English language is a disgrace to anyone with a remote sense of professionalism. So, whatever your business, let us all hope you keep your mouth shut so we don't have to add sound to the written word.
not nice

Columbia, KY

#6 Nov 20, 2011
New wrote:
I am not from here but seem like people is not very friendly. Since this small town don't know if they backwards or what. The day I was in there it was a fat girl working very rude. I have a business I try to chose out going friendly people for customer service. But on other hand these people don't make very much so we shouldn't expect much service.
You are on here talking about someone being rude??Really??You just called someone a "fat girl".You need to freshen up on your grammer.I know I make mistakes sometimes, but my goodness!
old days

Leitchfield, KY

#7 Nov 20, 2011
it will never work out will be closed by summer,now if it was a family dinner with good home cooked food at a fair price the place would be full.betty country kitchen was allways full.
reality

Versailles, KY

#8 Nov 21, 2011
old days wrote:
it will never work out will be closed by summer,now if it was a family dinner with good home cooked food at a fair price the place would be full.betty country kitchen was allways full.
You hit the nail on the head. We live in an area dominated by McDonald's budgets, not Starbuck's budgets. There are not enough people able or willing to pay $7 or a sandwich or $5 for soup or $3.50 for coffee, even if they can hear someone sing or strum a guitar while they're having it.

I appreciate what's been done to improve the square and people are to be commended for their efforts, but this business looks like a foolish venture. I wish I were wrong.
Really

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Nov 21, 2011
You can easily pay 6.00-7.00 for a meal at McDonald's. Its all in what ya like I guess.
Good

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Nov 22, 2011
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
You hit the nail on the head. We live in an area dominated by McDonald's budgets, not Starbuck's budgets. There are not enough people able or willing to pay $7 or a sandwich or $5 for soup or $3.50 for coffee, even if they can hear someone sing or strum a guitar while they're having it.
I appreciate what's been done to improve the square and people are to be commended for their efforts, but this business looks like a foolish venture. I wish I were wrong.
.......I m sure if you look at the big pitcher this place has a good chance of making it. On top is the museum, I will bet this whole building was refurbished on grant money.(The type you don’t pay back) Just maybe the grant money helps out with the utilities too!!! Now the shop has a very low over head….
local observer

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Nov 22, 2011
I would hope that this community would give this venture a real chance. Do not take someone's opinion of this place and try it yourself. I have not tried it yet, but plan to in the near future. I think it would be a touch of class in this beautiful town. Let us all promote this town and the people that try really hard to make it a good place to live.
James

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Nov 23, 2011
local observer wrote:
I would hope that this community would give this venture a real chance. Do not take someone's opinion of this place and try it yourself. I have not tried it yet, but plan to in the near future. I think it would be a touch of class in this beautiful town. Let us all promote this town and the people that try really hard to make it a good place to live.
This town needs to be cleaned up to be beautiful. Hodgenville Ave is the worst I have ever seen from the Lewis Cornet to the top of the hill it needs a dozer taken to the bushes and to charge the fee to the Tax payers, There is a ordinence that the bushes and weeds in the city limits are supposed to be cut. The street going to the cemetery is horrible. Why clean main street and have the streets coming into town look so bad. There must be one of the upity people of town that owns the land around the cemetery area. and behind the ashland station, who owns that land

Also all that mess on main streen near that old hotel is a disgrace
rukidding

Liberty, KY

#13 Nov 25, 2011
local observer wrote:
Not being able or willing to buy a pricey sandwich, bowl of soup & drink doesn't mean we aren't supporting the business. For many of us that have lived here, worked here & struggle daily simply can't afford the "cafe'" atmosphere. I have to budget for happy meals from McDonald's for my grandchildren. Why doesn't someone put in a good country cooking place with common food & comparable prices to Betty's in Columbia? Sorry, but this is Greensburg, it will never be New York. And I agree, that mess where that old hotel is boarded up looks like a fire hazard. It is disgraceful looking right on main street.
Optomistic

United States

#14 Nov 26, 2011
I really hope the coffee shop makes it but seriously doubt it will last very long. Most people in Green County have to save their money to pay bills and take care of their children, not spend it on expensive coffees. Someone said it is a Starbucks restaurant in a McDonald's budget town. And, yes, that old hotel is an eyesore and don't think they will ever have the millions it would take to fix it up.
Greenco

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Nov 26, 2011
If they don't lower there prices they are not going to last long at all, this isn't Louisville so we don't need Louisville prices. I mean if it was great food then it might be a little better but I should y be charged 10 dollars for a ham sandwich and a coke
rukidding

Leitchfield, KY

#16 Nov 27, 2011
Greenco wrote:
If they don't lower there prices they are not going to last long at all, this isn't Louisville so we don't need Louisville prices. I mean if it was great food then it might be a little better but I should y be charged 10 dollars for a ham sandwich and a coke
It may last like Josephine's did.....a burger, fry & coke for $20 in Gburg???? Don't think so. Even Cafe' Bonet in Cville is seeing hard times from what the rumor mill has going..... You are right. This is not New York or Louisville. You can't turn a decaying building into a profit making venture. Not here where the majority can't get "by".
batman

Bardstown, KY

#17 Nov 27, 2011
You idiots have no clue what your talking about this store WILL be okay because its not for GREENSBURG.. if you all would get a job then you could afford it :) This place is'nt for greensburg its for tourism. And since i work at the place yeah ts a little pricey i agree but since its opened there has been people from louisville, illinois, iowa, and idaho come in just to try this place out. Just saying it'll be fine we dont depend on you to pay our checks anyways. theres a few people pissed off ohhhhhh well the world keeps spinning.
rukidding

Leitchfield, KY

#18 Nov 28, 2011
batman wrote:
You idiots have no clue what your talking about this store WILL be okay because its not for GREENSBURG.. if you all would get a job then you could afford it :) This place is'nt for greensburg its for tourism. And since i work at the place yeah ts a little pricey i agree but since its opened there has been people from louisville, illinois, iowa, and idaho come in just to try this place out. Just saying it'll be fine we dont depend on you to pay our checks anyways. theres a few people pissed off ohhhhhh well the world keeps spinning.
You are saying people are taking a nice country drive from Iowa, Idaho, etc. to enjoy a cup of over-priced tea or coffee with the prices of gas? If there are that many "tourists" that aren't croonies of the owners to keep it going, I say good business venture. Time will tell. It isn't about the "home crowd" being p---ed off. EVERYONE or should I say every business needs the support of the local community at some point, that is just economics 101 (& yes I have a business degree). Hope your spinning world doesn't topple over in about 6 months. Good luck!
rukidding

Leitchfield, KY

#19 Nov 28, 2011
Optomistic wrote:
I really hope the coffee shop makes it but seriously doubt it will last very long. Most people in Green County have to save their money to pay bills and take care of their children, not spend it on expensive coffees. Someone said it is a Starbucks restaurant in a McDonald's budget town. And, yes, that old hotel is an eyesore and don't think they will ever have the millions it would take to fix it up.
I thought it was all about being able to be "wet" in that part of time for it to progress. Well, was it or not?
Batman

Bardstown, KY

#20 Nov 28, 2011
lol you must have got your business degree from taylor county high school then. Because this business will survive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Lobb and Reba Rentz 3 hr Someone who loves... 1
elvis price 9 hr Headless horseman 4
he looks like a deadbeat 16 hr idgaf 3
tessy & thor polley 17 hr Codered 15
Berry Dobson 18 hr Sad day 2
Team national Fri Yeppop 2
chris dile aka big daddy Thu casper 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greensburg Mortgages