Jane Todd Hospital
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fed up Taxpayer

Shepherdsville, KY

#1 Jun 25, 2006
Been reading about West Lake Hospital. Seems to me that our community hospital is in the same boat.
Yes, we have to thank our judge and fiscal court for the mess our hospital is in. After they washed their hands and turned it over to Rusty Tungate, we now have to put up with the same thing Westlake is. He put all his people in, is treating employees that have been there years like dogs.
We read every week in the paper about how good the hospital is doing.Don't believe it. They are not paying their creditors,I wonder where the hospital board is and what they are going to do about it. Maybe it is time taxpayers and voters should take a stand
and sent Mr.Tungate back to Columbia.
observer

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jun 26, 2006
How is your new marketing/PR person doing over at Jane Todd?

How is over the patient record area now?
Sue

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Jun 27, 2006
Fed up Taxpayer wrote:
Been reading about West Lake Hospital. Seems to me that our community hospital is in the same boat.
Yes, we have to thank our judge and fiscal court for the mess our hospital is in. After they washed their hands and turned it over to Rusty Tungate, we now have to put up with the same thing Westlake is. He put all his people in, is treating employees that have been there years like dogs.
We read every week in the paper about how good the hospital is doing.Don't believe it. They are not paying their creditors,I wonder where the hospital board is and what they are going to do about it. Maybe it is time taxpayers and voters should take a stand
What is wrong with you? I do believe your hospital would be closed if it were not for Rusty Tungate and the westlake team. Give them a chance. Look at Casey, the doors were closing they could not pay their employees and the community was so worried. Rusty Tungate went in there now it is showing a profit, and ground breaking for a NEW hospital will be Oct 1, 2006. Before you go on this page and post against a very bright Administrator you need to do some research. Jane Todd was doing very poorly. Give it some time and you will see a new hospital also. Westlake and Jane Todd is not having problems with creditors, etc. As far as the employees being treated like dogs, think again. Those people that you state have been there for years are not liking changes. Well their way was not working and will not work for progress. If Jane Todd had continued the road it was on it would have been a diaster for the community and those "employees that have been there for years". We are not in the stone ages, and if your doing your job correctly as a administrator then people will be upset. It is nature of us all not to want change but these days in a rural area if you do not have someone with knowledge to keep the flow going and kick out the dead weight you will not make it. That would be so sad because there are so many wonderful people in Green and they need that hospital. Your board need to be thanked each time you see them. They took a stand for you the people and decided it was 2006 and took the correct direction. THe next time you hear an "old timer" saying they are being treated like dogs ask them if they have ever worked any where prior? Have they ever worked in a large hospital? Many of them have never worked any place but Jane Todd. Well life expands beyond the doors of Jane Todd and they need to learn how to be professional, and support the team. The Westlake team can teach a lot and teaching is something you must except or not. If they do not desire change then maybe they should nmove on to another facility, and let those that love the hospital and respect for the administration stay on and do their job. Getting on the net and running down a work in progress in not the answer. Help, join in the health fairs etc. However, the most important thing you could do is say a kind word about YOUR hospital and expect wonderful changes in the near future.
citizen

Means, KY

#4 Jun 27, 2006
The hospital had other options besides the Westlake Team. I know for a fact that Jane Todd is on credit hold with several companies still. As far as moving on to another facility, most of the employees are doing that.
old time

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jun 28, 2006
From one old timer to another. Some of us old timers are still going to J.T. because of the old timers that still work at the hospital. the ones that have been loyal and hardworking
employees. Why else would we want to go there? There is a state of the art hospital that has much more to offer in Campbellsville, with much more doctors.
Maybe they should be appricated for their service not told to get on the Tungate band wagon or get off.
Maybe they know something that they are afraid to tell.
Maybe the Board should check out a few things.
Not Quite

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Jun 28, 2006
Ummm...excuse me, Sue. I'm not trying to start some sort of fight but I have to disagree with a lot of what you're saying. I worked at Westlake for five years, count em', 5 years. I was damn good at my job and I enjoyed it. However, I got tired of being punished for being good at my job. I was still on the night shift and hadn't had a raise since I started. I had to quit because my family couldn't make it on what I made. I was always told, "we just don't have the funds for raises right now." I couldn't even go back to school to get my nursing degree because "my schedule didn't permit it". Most employees felt, and still feel, the same way. I loved everyone in my department and even my supervisor was great. Rusty and the Administration were a pain in the ole' butt to work for. Never mind trying to get some positive reinforcement for what you're doing. I'm glad Casey Co. and Jane Todd are both doing good...Every town should have a hospital that they have confidence in. However, if Rusty and the "Westlake Team" can afford to help all these other places out, why can they not take care of their own??
left the todd

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Jun 28, 2006
Jane Todd is a great facility and if it wasn't for the staff that is there most of the community would go somewhere else. However, when you don't bow down to Rusty or the infamous "Louise Thompson" then you are told to get out or they just make your life miserable. You are not allowed to treat your patients like you used to because that doesn't fit the mighty dollar agenda. The pay is lousy, the new administration doesn't care about the employees and they sure don't care about Green County. The bills still aren't getting paid, or billed correctly in billing so not much has improved. I have worked other places, and theres no place like home, but when the administration doesn't care then it makes it difficult to stay.
Tiny

Lexington, KY

#8 Jun 30, 2006
Its great
feel the same

Campbellsville, KY

#9 Jul 3, 2006
Not Quite wrote:
Ummm...excuse me, Sue. I'm not trying to start some sort of fight but I have to disagree with a lot of what you're saying. I worked at Westlake for five years, count em', 5 years. I was damn good at my job and I enjoyed it. However, I got tired of being punished for being good at my job. I was still on the night shift and hadn't had a raise since I started. I had to quit because my family couldn't make it on what I made. I was always told, "we just don't have the funds for raises right now." I couldn't even go back to school to get my nursing degree because "my schedule didn't permit it". Most employees felt, and still feel, the same way. I loved everyone in my department and even my supervisor was great. Rusty and the Administration were a pain in the ole' butt to work for. Never mind trying to get some positive reinforcement for what you're doing. I'm glad Casey Co. and Jane Todd are both doing good...Every town should have a hospital that they have confidence in. However, if Rusty and the "Westlake Team" can afford to help all these other places out, why can they not take care of their own??
You better listen to this person, Things are not always what they appear to the general public. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark!
I agree

Campbellsville, KY

#10 Jul 3, 2006
Fed up Taxpayer wrote:
Taylor county would be more to the point.
amazing

Means, KY

#11 Jul 6, 2006
Isn't it crazy that the hospital can afford to give certain employees $25,000 and $15,000 sign on bonuses to steal them away from Taylor Regional? You would think paying the bills would be a priority.
Tina

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Jul 7, 2006
Where is the new hospital in Greensburg going to locate ? Are they merely expanding the old one at the same site ?
girl with an opinion

Glasgow, KY

#13 Jul 28, 2006
i feel so sorry for krista shufett. she is emplyed at jane todd on the second floor, and she busts her ass, and every five minutes her daughter calls wanting money so she can supply her and her boyfriends cocaine addiction. She has been to rehab 2 or 3 times with no success. I feel sorry for krista, she tried so hard with her daughter and couldn't save her from whoring herself out for cocaine! what a waste!
concerned

Mammoth Cave, KY

#14 Jul 28, 2006
Fed up Taxpayer wrote:
We would prefer that you keep him!
Gremlyn

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Jul 28, 2006
I have spoke to several people that live in Casey County, friends and family. Everyone I have spoke to said that they would rather die (literly) than be taken to their hospital. Not because of management directly but in a round about way through the treatment of care they recieved. To me that says a lot.

I can't say anything about JT because I don't know anyone from that area.
Pat

Russell Springs, KY

#16 Jul 29, 2006
We need a new system!
greensburg

Mammoth Cave, KY

#17 Jul 30, 2006
Pat wrote:
We need a new system!
Get rid of the management the people of Green county need to take their hospital back.
parent

Leitchfield, KY

#18 Jul 30, 2006
Fed up Taxpayer wrote:
Someone got the original westlake site erased but it has been started back.
constipated

Russell Springs, KY

#19 Aug 1, 2006
hey, least u guys promised new hospital. all westlake get is hard way togo. unless u have right name. then u get big pay for almost no work. great system. guess adair co. don't need latest tech and new digs. good to know we can help casey & green git it. after all, what is westlake but the place adair built first.
constipated

Russell Springs, KY

#20 Aug 1, 2006
oh,yeah, big party for the big guy at westlake thurs. night at 6:30. all u old green co. employees shoud attend. thank the man for being out of work now. he has helped so many in this manner over the years. never any family members though it seems. mmmmmmm. wonder why? bring cake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shannon Ray Brown (Jun '15) 35 min Nark 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 5 hr Patriot 588
eldon d edwards (Sep '12) 7 hr An old friend 38
Steve sallee 14 hr Carrie 10
10 year old getting stoned 22 hr Sarah 1
Brandi Bush (Aug '15) 22 hr Sarah 31
Heather bush Wed Lacey 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greensburg Mortgages