First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LITTLE GREEN

Brentwood, TN

#1 Mar 29, 2008
WHY DOES THE COUNTY OR CITY NOT HELP FUND LEGION PARK BUT THEY CAN MAKE SURE THAT THE HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS SOFTBALL TEAM DOESN'T PAY FOR THE FIELD THEY USE. 8 AND UNDER SOFTBALL HAS TO SHARE WITH LITTLE LEAGUE BOYS AND CAN'T GET PRACTICE TIME BECAUSE THEY AREN'T ALLOWED TO USE THE HIGH SCHOOL FIELD. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY THIS IS?
pup12

Madisonville, KY

#2 Mar 29, 2008
why fund a place that everyone's uses to dump their trash? The city and county could allocate some money to clean that dump from all the beer bottles, fast food wrappers and just general trash. Sad that is is a dump now but as soon as the little league games begin the trash amount will be even worse.
well

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Mar 29, 2008
the park has a person that gets paid to clean and mow as well as a variety of other jobs,so thats who needs to get it cleaned up
spicspan

Leitchfield, KY

#4 Mar 29, 2008
The guy that gets paid to clean mow and other sutff at the park does a great job. The park is cleaner than it has been in years, the big problem is the idiots that don't pick up after themselves. The park is poorly funded(although the county does give it a little) I think it is a shame that we can't have a better park for our youth. Another shame is that the school system will not build a field for the high school softball team. That is the only field they have to play on, but you are right everyone should get to use it, if the high school is not.

Since: Mar 08

Summersville

#6 Mar 29, 2008
I grew up in that park. It has a lot of great memories for me. It is a shame what it has become.
spicspan

Leitchfield, KY

#7 Mar 29, 2008
The city and county spend a bunch of time finding grant money to waste, it is a shame they won't find some grant money or any kind of money to improve the park. We may not have a descent place for our kids to play ball or just get out and play, but we have a heck of a square and a walking trail in the woods out Exie.
youtellem

Campbellsville, KY

#8 Mar 29, 2008
spicspan wrote:
The city and county spend a bunch of time finding grant money to waste, it is a shame they won't find some grant money or any kind of money to improve the park. We may not have a descent place for our kids to play ball or just get out and play, but we have a heck of a square and a walking trail in the woods out Exie.
You hit the nail on the head there, couldn't have been said any better!!!
Brewzilla

Campbellsville, KY

#9 Mar 29, 2008
whoisu wrote:
I grew up in that park. It has a lot of great memories for me. It is a shame what it has become.
I don't know what park you guys have been looking at, but Legion Park looks better now than it has in its history. There may (or may not) be some trash down there right now, but once the leagues start it will be clean and well-mowed the rest of the summer.

The rusty old pipes that formed the Little League and men's softball fields of the 1980s have been replaced with new fencing with protective yellow covers along the tops. The broken down block and lumber bleachers have been replaced with new aluminum ones. A new concession stand has been built, the old horse barns have been torn down, and the yellow Legion Hall is being restored. New trees and landscaping have been added over the past few years. The walking track was newly paved a year or two ago.

Legion Park is one of the good things this county has going for it. I have no idea where you guys are coming from with these complaints, and no, I'm not on the park board. I have nothing to do with anyone associated with the management of the park.

Oh, and if you caught the article in the paper a couple of weeks ago, you saw that the county contributes $10K per year. However, that's no longer enough and that amount has not changed in 15 years. They need to step it up. And I do agree with those of you who say that the school system should contribute for their use of the softball field. School board, are you listening? Do the right thing, folks.
Brewzilla

Campbellsville, KY

#10 Mar 29, 2008
In the interest of being fair and balanced (to borrow Fox news slogan), I will also say the the playground equipment is an obsolete, outdated joke. For all the good things I have to say about the state of the park, that is my major complaint. The swings, pyramid, monkey bars, etc. were installed on the site of the current John Durham baseball field in the early 1970s, and the tall sliding board is from the early 1960s! Does anyone check that stuff to make sure it's safe?

I guess on second thought, I may not disagree with you guys "completely". LOL
4sure

Greensburg, KY

#11 Mar 29, 2008
at one time a group of parents got together and they had almost everything they needed donated to the girls softball team to build a field but no one followed up on it and everyone's effort went to waste.

Since: Mar 08

Summersville

#12 Mar 29, 2008
Brewzilla wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what park you guys have been looking at, but Legion Park looks better now than it has in its history. There may (or may not) be some trash down there right now, but once the leagues start it will be clean and well-mowed the rest of the summer.
The rusty old pipes that formed the Little League and men's softball fields of the 1980s have been replaced with new fencing with protective yellow covers along the tops. The broken down block and lumber bleachers have been replaced with new aluminum ones. A new concession stand has been built, the old horse barns have been torn down, and the yellow Legion Hall is being restored. New trees and landscaping have been added over the past few years. The walking track was newly paved a year or two ago.
Legion Park is one of the good things this county has going for it. I have no idea where you guys are coming from with these complaints, and no, I'm not on the park board. I have nothing to do with anyone associated with the management of the park.
Oh, and if you caught the article in the paper a couple of weeks ago, you saw that the county contributes $10K per year. However, that's no longer enough and that amount has not changed in 15 years. They need to step it up. And I do agree with those of you who say that the school system should contribute for their use of the softball field. School board, are you listening? Do the right thing, folks.
All the park is now are baseball fields. The old playground is a ball field. The pool is a playground. The tennis courts are basketball courts and the basketball courts are a parking lot.
not true

Louisville, KY

#13 Mar 30, 2008
The only reason the park is clean is because citizens clean it up not the guy who should be cleaning it. If it's in arm's length he will pick it up. I bet he doesn't carry around trash bags and really clean up the trash that people throw all over the park, not just around the auxillary kitchen.
spicspan

Leitchfield, KY

#14 Mar 30, 2008
if you spent as much time at the park as you do on here you would see, what a great job he does at the park. Before you start I barely know the guy, but I think he does a great job, sounds to me this is more personal than about the park, because if you were going by how the park looks since he started you would have nothing but good things to say, so please take your petty, childish crap somewhere else.
not true

Louisville, KY

#15 Mar 31, 2008
Look and see what he does versus what other people do. How many times have you seen him with a garbage bag in his hands? This goes beyond who cleans the park and who doesn't. We should be talking about the lazy people who can't walk five steps to a trash can but find it much easier to throw their trash on the ground or out the window. That's what pisses me off. Then it's left up to people who care about the park to clean up their mess. As I understand someone is paid to do this job but I question why if he does such a heck of a job why other people feel it is necessary to also pick up bags of trash. He may mow but you also need to pick up the food wrappers beofre cutting the grass. If he's paid to mow then he should be paid to clean up the trash as well.
Brewzilla

Columbia, KY

#16 Mar 31, 2008
I don't know who cleaned it, but we drove through the park yesterday and there almost no trash to be found anywhere. I think I saw two walmart sacks and that was about it.
Look before you speak

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Apr 1, 2008
From my understanding he does not get paid and if he does it is very little it just gives the man something to do.Everyone on here is so quick to judge others for their faults and look past their own!! I am at the park very often and my family and I enjoy it very much and are thankful that one man takes such good care of it.Yes there are things at the park that are in need of replacement
but if there is no funding how can these repairs happen? Overall the park is well taken care of and you need to leave him alone at least he's trying!
whatever

Means, KY

#18 Apr 1, 2008
he does get paid because i know people who bid on the job and he does make a good salary,but he as well as the others in the past take advantage of being there own boss and dont think they have to do anything once they get the job,and then it all runs down hill,get the money and run.......
spicspan

Campbellsville, KY

#19 Apr 1, 2008
you are truly ignorant if you think he does not do a good job of cleaning the park,you obviously are not around the park much if you were you would see him there all the time working, you need to be more informed of what he is suppose to do. Get out from behind your computer and go to the park and see what he does, it is only fair if you are going to get on here and bad mouth him, go see what he does, it sounds to me you have a problem with the guy, and you are being a coward. and talking crap on here. If you are so concearned go to the park board and tell them, they hire him. The park has plenty of problems and how clean it is, is not one of them.
hey

Hodgenville, KY

#20 Apr 2, 2008
i don't know why people would rather sit at home on their computers and gripe about jobs other people do. if you are so concerned would it kill you to maybe help out, instead of pointing out other people's faults? can you honestly say that when you are at the park that you try to help out and possibly go out of your way to pick up a little litter or do you just go straight to your computer and start bad mouthing everyone and everything? i just want you to really think about the answer before answering or starting some stupid forum. think about your own actions before criticizing others. you may find that you don't like the answer if you turn it around to yourself, i know that's usually happens when i try it. think before you speak or type as the case may be.
UKCAT

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Apr 3, 2008
Like someone else said, The County gives $10,000.00 to the Park, The City gives $0.00, The school gives $0.00. Yet both of these entities use the facilities. In little Edmonton, they have a new Park. The County gives $15,000.00, The City gives $15,000.00 and the school gives $15,000.00. Our Park has been given $10,000.00 for the past 15 years & it will not get the Park through the year. And yes someone does get paid ($8,000) to be the groundskeeper. He does an excellant job, furnishes two of his own mowers. And you should know you can clean up the grounds and 2 hours later it looks like shit by some hoodlums. Two of them did donuts in the grass 2 weeks ago and the cops did nothing(Mountain Man)!! And he knew who it was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min Ren 177,018
Dont vote for Brian Wright 1 hr well 2
Massage? 1 hr Young man 5
~~*Last Post Wins*~~ (Mar '11) 3 hr Hatti_Hollerand 52
Why is Dr. Stone leaving 14 hr dave 4
Block City Grocery and Hardware 21 hr Mike 22
Cody Nunn and Kayla May 19 hercules rod 2

Greensburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Greensburg Mortgages