First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“The Truth Will Be Revealed!!!”

Since: Jun 09

Bikini Bottom

#1 Oct 5, 2009
I have heard that they are looking for oil again in Green and surrounding counties. I remember a BIG BOOM in the early to mid '70's! I just wondered if anyone had any info. I own some mineral rights to properties that have produced oil in the past, but most have dried up. But I have heard from a couple of sources that they are scoping for it again. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
no bull

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Oct 5, 2009
check the Adair Progress online. lots of drilling in the Exie area.

“Live like there is no tomorrow”

Greensburg

#3 Oct 6, 2009
The big boom was in the very early sixties.
I remember

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Oct 6, 2009
It was the late fiftys

Greensburg

#5 Oct 6, 2009
I remember wrote:
It was the late fiftys
I'll buy that.I must have been a few years off.

Greensburg

#6 Oct 6, 2009
I just remember that they found oil on my grandfathers place in Donansburg. It turned out to be more gas than oil in the end.
whodo

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Oct 6, 2009
Squidward_Tentacles wrote:
I have heard that they are looking for oil again in Green and surrounding counties. I remember a BIG BOOM in the early to mid '70's! I just wondered if anyone had any info. I own some mineral rights to properties that have produced oil in the past, but most have dried up. But I have heard from a couple of sources that they are scoping for it again. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Where is this land located at
why

Campbellsville, KY

#8 Oct 6, 2009
between the a and t on grammar street. Not making fun , just remembering my school days.
no bull

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Oct 7, 2009
When brothers Travis and Mitchell Coomer started drilling on the 500-acre J.R. Clark lease, located in the Exie Quadrangle in Green County not too far from the Adair County line, they felt like they'd hit some decent oil wells. And they were right.
The Coomers, who not only are drilling the wells but also own them (along with their sons), have drilled 20 wells on the Clark lease, and have hit oil in 12 to 15 of them, according to Travis Coomer.
Their best well,#127A, was hit in the Knox formation at a depth of 1,610 feet a little over three months ago. And, according to Travis Coomer, it's still going very strong.
"This well is still pumping 80 barrels and day and has shown no signs of letting up," he said. "It'd probably make 150-200 barrels a day if we pushed it, but we're not going to do it. We're happy with the way is producing now."
Travis and Mitchell Coomer, who have hit some massive oil wells in their years of drilling in southcentral Kentucky, but Travis Coomer says the Clark #127A well is one of the better ones he's hit in some time.
"That well is probably as good a well as I've drilled in quite some time," he stated. "I wish all of our wells were like it."
Coomer said that they will be drilling some more wells on the Clark lease and surrounding area in the near future. "We're getting everything together to get more permits, then we'll go back at it," he said.
Photo: The Knox formation well #127A on the J.R. Clark lease in the Exie community, shown when it was drilled in, is still making 80 barrels of oil a day over three months after it was hit.
(fROM THE Adair Progress)
YYTT

Jeffersonville, IN

#10 Oct 7, 2009
ASK gARY mOSS milby lmao!!!!
guess what

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Oct 13, 2009
no bull wrote:
When brothers Travis and Mitchell Coomer started drilling on the 500-acre J.R. Clark lease, located in the Exie Quadrangle in Green County not too far from the Adair County line, they felt like they'd hit some decent oil wells. And they were right.
The Coomers, who not only are drilling the wells but also own them (along with their sons), have drilled 20 wells on the Clark lease, and have hit oil in 12 to 15 of them, according to Travis Coomer.
Their best well,#127A, was hit in the Knox formation at a depth of 1,610 feet a little over three months ago. And, according to Travis Coomer, it's still going very strong.
"This well is still pumping 80 barrels and day and has shown no signs of letting up," he said. "It'd probably make 150-200 barrels a day if we pushed it, but we're not going to do it. We're happy with the way is producing now."
Travis and Mitchell Coomer, who have hit some massive oil wells in their years of drilling in southcentral Kentucky, but Travis Coomer says the Clark #127A well is one of the better ones he's hit in some time.
"That well is probably as good a well as I've drilled in quite some time," he stated. "I wish all of our wells were like it."
Coomer said that they will be drilling some more wells on the Clark lease and surrounding area in the near future. "We're getting everything together to get more permits, then we'll go back at it," he said.
Photo: The Knox formation well #127A on the J.R. Clark lease in the Exie community, shown when it was drilled in, is still making 80 barrels of oil a day over three months after it was hit.
ask travis how much trouble he is in for not permiting those wells, he has already paid the state around 200,000 in fines and still my have to plug 80% of those producing wells. so get you damn facts straight b4 you try to no bull people.
guess what

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Oct 13, 2009
no bull wrote:
and the only ones THEY own are the good ones a group out of canada paid 4 every 1 of those wells they drilled. and if they hit oil they permitted them in their name and if they were not good wells the permitted them in the canadians company,,, but wait i do believe you have to get permits first
guess what

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Oct 13, 2009
thats how they play,,,, thats y they got caught hahah
guess what

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Oct 13, 2009
also the state Will not be issuing any more permits to travis or mitchell until they comply with all the state is going to throw at them FACT

“The Truth Will Be Revealed!!!”

Bikini Bottom

#15 Oct 13, 2009
I own some rights in Exie. I also have a few in surrounding counties as well(Adair, Taylor, etc.) It's hard to know what is going on all the time. There is so much money at stake, and the business is cutthroat! I guess I better keep a better eye on things.
yea

Glendale, KY

#16 Oct 13, 2009
Squidward_Tentacles wrote:
I own some rights in Exie. I also have a few in surrounding counties as well(Adair, Taylor, etc.) It's hard to know what is going on all the time. There is so much money at stake, and the business is cutthroat! I guess I better keep a better eye on things.
iwould be interested in a deal
guess what

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Oct 14, 2009
coomer is completly screwd,,, got caught pumping all those wells in question at night hahaha wasent even supposed to be pumping at all
wondering

Glasgow, KY

#19 Oct 19, 2009
how do u get someone to drill on you too see if u have oil on your land. and do u have to have so many acres
guess what

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Oct 20, 2009
wondering wrote:
how do u get someone to drill on you too see if u have oil on your land. and do u have to have so many acres
has to be oil around the area, pretty close, then you lease it to an oil co and they drill to see of there is oil. the land owner gets 12.5%. that could add up to alot of money.
now thats a good one

Crown Point, IN

#21 Apr 26, 2011
YYTT wrote:
ASK gARY mOSS milby lmao!!!!
hahaha i love that too efin funny

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 3 hr hmmm 501
who for Green County Judge (Jan '14) 4 hr Neil 35
sherry currys parole (May '10) 19 hr Becca 38
looking to rent 3 bedroom house greensburg or g... Oct 21 mary 7
county tax payers money!!!! Oct 18 concerned tax payer 2
any women needing a place to live (Apr '09) Oct 17 Patriotgyrl65 40
Who died in Greensbur, y tonight Oct 15 Who done it 1
Greensburg Dating
Find my Match

Greensburg Jobs