First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lilo

Campbellsville, KY

#1 Aug 29, 2008
I hear we are getting a Snappy Tomato Pizza- anyone know when it will be opening?
sorry to say

Means, KY

#3 Aug 30, 2008
Snappy Tomato pizza is not very good pizza at all. The ones I know of only stay open a year or so. There are abandoned Snappy Tomato buildings all across the state. Maybe this one will be different, but honestly, I have never seen one stay in business very long. Hopefully, this one will.
give it a chance

Quitman, AR

#5 Aug 30, 2008
sorry to say wrote:
Snappy Tomato pizza is not very good pizza at all. The ones I know of only stay open a year or so. There are abandoned Snappy Tomato buildings all across the state. Maybe this one will be different, but honestly, I have never seen one stay in business very long. Hopefully, this one will.
I haven't seen one Snappy Tomato restaurant in Kentucky. Where were they?
crappy tomato

Campbellsville, KY

#6 Aug 30, 2008
give it a chance wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen one Snappy Tomato restaurant in Kentucky. Where were they?
Snappy,crappy,it just fits!
brilliant

Quitman, AR

#7 Aug 30, 2008
crappy tomato wrote:
<quoted text>Snappy,crappy,it just fits!
You are gifted.
sorry to say

Means, KY

#8 Aug 30, 2008
There were some in L-ville, there WAS one in Bardstown,etc... They have all just about shut down - which was my original point...they don't generally stay in business very long so that's probably why you've never seen any.
hardly

Mammoth Cave, KY

#9 Aug 31, 2008
sorry to say wrote:
There were some in L-ville, there WAS one in Bardstown,etc... They have all just about shut down - which was my original point...they don't generally stay in business very long so that's probably why you've never seen any.
That's hardly all across the state.

If you're a resident of Greensburg surely you're hoping it will be successful.(?)
sorry to say

Means, KY

#10 Aug 31, 2008
If you READ my first post you would SEE that I said I hoped it would be successful. I only stated what I know - a lot of them do not stay in business very long. The abandoned ones are not only in Kentucky, but all across the nation. If you traveled like I do on the highways of Ky. and beyond you would see what I am talking about. YES, I HOPE IT IS A SUCCESS! But, unfortunately Green Co. is bad about supporting new businesses. We'll see.
hardly again

Mammoth Cave, KY

#11 Aug 31, 2008
sorry to say wrote:
If you READ my first post you would SEE that I said I hoped it would be successful. I only stated what I know - a lot of them do not stay in business very long. The abandoned ones are not only in Kentucky, but all across the nation. If you traveled like I do on the highways of Ky. and beyond you would see what I am talking about. YES, I HOPE IT IS A SUCCESS! But, unfortunately Green Co. is bad about supporting new businesses. We'll see.
Yes, I READ your first post but was unsure of your true intent...sincerely hopeful or a little ant at the picnic. Not trying to beat a dead horse here or analyze your words....if anything I'd like a positive spin put on any new business that tries to make a go of it in Greensburg. Now, if you want to discuss what happened with Lucy Tucker's....
explain

Campbellsville, KY

#12 Aug 31, 2008
hardly again wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I READ your first post but was unsure of your true intent...sincerely hopeful or a little ant at the picnic. Not trying to beat a dead horse here or analyze your words....if anything I'd like a positive spin put on any new business that tries to make a go of it in Greensburg. Now, if you want to discuss what happened with Lucy Tucker's....
What about Lucy Tucker's and what do they have to do with the new pizza place coming to Greensburg?
Do Not Agree

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Aug 31, 2008
sorry to say wrote:
I've tried Snappy Tomato pizza and their sandwiches and I thought they were very good. Sometimes places, even a well supported franchise, don't succeed if not managed properly, but with Karen Gilpin and Peggy Frank in charge, it will be an asset to the community. Give them a chance; everyone is tired of the service and the attitude of the other local pizza place so they'll have a head start just because they will truly appreciate their Snappy Tomato customers.
britney

United States

#14 Aug 31, 2008
sorry to say wrote:
they have one by UofL...the only one i know of ...
well

Horse Cave, KY

#15 Aug 31, 2008
Well...how many other places of business' have gotten to use the taxpayers money to remodel a building for them to put a business in?? First an empty Enterprise Park...now this. I think that the only reason the City bought this building in the first place was because it was the Franks! And if it were someone that wasn't part of the "city bunch" then their would be no chance in Hell that the Mayor would have agreed to hand over the money to remodel an old building. But it will be another historic building that might be able to serve alcohol when the vote passes next time....but I think it is bullcrap that the "city funds" are paying for the building AND paying to remodel it just to have another business go out of business after the druggies and teenagers take it over as a hangout spot instead of a place to dine in and leave.
Just asking

Campbellsville, KY

#16 Sep 1, 2008
well wrote:
Well...how many other places of business' have gotten to use the taxpayers money to remodel a building for them to put a business in?? First an empty Enterprise Park...now this. I think that the only reason the City bought this building in the first place was because it was the Franks! And if it were someone that wasn't part of the "city bunch" then their would be no chance in Hell that the Mayor would have agreed to hand over the money to remodel an old building. But it will be another historic building that might be able to serve alcohol when the vote passes next time....but I think it is bullcrap that the "city funds" are paying for the building AND paying to remodel it just to have another business go out of business after the druggies and teenagers take it over as a hangout spot instead of a place to dine in and leave.
Why don't you question the mayors accountability for all this publicly? Why don't you write a letter to the editor?
Jim

Lexington, KY

#17 Sep 1, 2008
Just asking wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you question the mayors accountability for all this publicly? Why don't you write a letter to the editor?
This building is in the wrong district, unless the next ballot is changed there is only one building that can meet the requirements to sale liqour in the County
to well

Buffalo, TX

#18 Sep 1, 2008
well wrote:
It's my understanding that Snappy Tomato franchises have to be located in town and not in a "strip line" of stores such as Nortgate Shopping Center. Perhaps there was no other place available. Besides, more power to someone fixing up an empty building that has been vacant for how many years?
Lucys

Buffalo, TX

#19 Sep 1, 2008
explain wrote:
<quoted text>
What about Lucy Tucker's and what do they have to do with the new pizza place coming to Greensburg?
The new owner of Lucy Tucker's has already closed. Need more be said? And yes, I was a fan of the restaurant before it changed hands.
not exactly

Buffalo, TX

#20 Sep 1, 2008
well wrote:
Don't the Franks live in Summersville? They only work in town. And wasn't John Frank elected by the people of Green County to serve the county?
Seriously...druggies and teens taking it over?
sorry to say

Means, KY

#21 Sep 1, 2008
to well wrote:
<quoted text>
It's my understanding that Snappy Tomato franchises have to be located in town and not in a "strip line" of stores such as Nortgate Shopping Center. Perhaps there was no other place available. Besides, more power to someone fixing up an empty building that has been vacant for how many years?
Not true about the location. I have seen several in old KFC buildings and such that were not in any town.
okay

Buffalo, TX

#22 Sep 1, 2008
sorry to say wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true about the location. I have seen several in old KFC buildings and such that were not in any town.
Didn't say it was fact. This was told to me by someone I thought should know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Patriot 166,449
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 2 hr kk white 1,036
country place apartments 3 hr tax man 3
Dear fat white women,.... 4 hr White woman 2
Drugs 4 hr Hedi30 1
Jessica Perkins 4 hr Truth 10
Todd Bardin in jail? (Jul '12) 7 hr nasty 4

Greensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greensburg Mortgages