Best Girl Softball Players from Green...

Best Girl Softball Players from Green County

Posted in the Greensburg Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wandering

United States

#1 Jun 28, 2008
So what do you think? Who were the best GIRL softball players to come from Green County?
yay

Trinity, TX

#2 Jun 28, 2008
yay girls yeam! they are all awesome.
HMMM

Means, KY

#3 Jun 30, 2008
Wandering wrote:
So what do you think? Who were the best GIRL softball players to come from Green County?
Tammy Cox Thompson, Michele Durrett Clem, Connie Skaggs Edmonds.
Ken Griffey Jr

Means, KY

#4 Jun 30, 2008
I have to agree with those three as well:

Tammy Cox Thompson
Michelle Durrett Clem
Connie Skaggs Edmonds
Tammy Akin
Amy Thompson Wells
Jana Shofner Edwards

There are some young ones to consider as well:

Brittany Estes
Ashley Coomer
Morgan Bale
Micah Jones
Rachel Marr
Becca Bush
Observer

Trinity, TX

#5 Jun 30, 2008
Green County has produced a lot of good softball players over the years. You have fast pitch now, but before that, slow pitch, and also include those who played in leagues before high school softball arrived in Green County. I will not include any names, there are too many to mention. Mention one, you leave two out.
Girls Fast-Pitch Fan

Centerville, TX

#6 Jun 30, 2008
You have mentioned alot a good players but there is only one Green County softball player who has gone on to the college level and played all four years,Laura Sidebottom. Another Green County girl is following in Laura's footsteps, Emillee Bush.
Ken Griffey Jr

Means, KY

#7 Jun 30, 2008
Girls Fast-Pitch Fan wrote:
You have mentioned alot a good players but there is only one Green County softball player who has gone on to the college level and played all four years,Laura Sidebottom. Another Green County girl is following in Laura's footsteps, Emillee Bush.
I agree and I definitely didn't mean to leave those girls out. There have been so many good softball players here, its hard to remember them all...no harm meant by it.
Seen It

Lexington, KY

#8 Jun 30, 2008
Ken Griffey Jr wrote:
I have to agree with those three as well:
Tammy Cox Thompson
Michelle Durrett Clem
Connie Skaggs Edmonds
Tammy Akin
Amy Thompson Wells
Jana Shofner Edwards
There are some young ones to consider as well:
Brittany Estes
Ashley Coomer
Morgan Bale
Micah Jones
Rachel Marr
Becca Bush
Very good list. I'll add a few more.
Kayla Rogers
Sarah Pickett
Rhiannon Noe
Chesley Elkins

Some more young ones to watch
K C Estes
Brianna Sprowles
Jade Hayes
Raylynn Walker
Jill Whitlow

But Tammy Cox was the best in my opinion.

Since: Mar 08

Means, KY

#9 Jun 30, 2008
cheslee elkins-ss
becky simpson-catcher
natalie bills-pitcher/outfielder
benningfield girl(sorry can't remember her first name)-pitcher

some oldies but goodies:
the old SKI team from back in the 1980's
I'm sure I left a bunch out, all I can think of off the top of my head.

“love me u no u want to =]”

Since: Jul 08

summersville

#10 Jul 2, 2008
Micah jones
kasey estes
_-_WOW_-_

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Jul 3, 2008
Well i believe you all are forgetting two very other outstanding softball players!!!
Cassidy Scantland
Kayla Bale
I heard they got all-tournament team in the State Tournament!(12 & under)
I AGREE

Campbellsville, KY

#12 Jul 3, 2008
jordan perkins is the best
Ken Griffey Jr

Means, KY

#13 Jul 3, 2008
I believe we have tremendous young talent but let them finish their HS career before we consider them the best. Obvious some of you never seen Tammy Cox Thompson ever play. Also, todays game (with fast pitch) is somewhat different than it use to be...I really enjoy it more !
drummer

Trinity, TX

#14 Jul 5, 2008
as far as letting them finish there HScareer,consider some that are still in the prgram has broke some state records
Observer

Buffalo, TX

#15 Jul 5, 2008
My vote goes to every young lady that has ever played softball in Green County. It's nice to have a list, but so many are left out. As the list gets longer, more votes are starting to come from the heart, instead of talent.
salty dog

Clarkson, KY

#16 Jul 5, 2008
brittany estes should be no where on this list
\
salty dog

Clarkson, KY

#17 Jul 5, 2008
brittany estes should be no where on this list neither should perkins
drummer

Trinity, TX

#18 Jul 6, 2008
salty dog
Magnolia, KY Reply ยป
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#17 6 hrs ago
brittany estes should be no where on this list neither should perkins You meanto tell me she can hold state records(be one of the best in the state) but not be one of the best in the local program .wow you really are a salty dog that knows nothing about the sport
spectator

Campbellsville, KY

#19 Jul 6, 2008
Salty dog, you must be one of the jealous haters in this community. That's fine. You are entitled to your opinion. The Estes girl you want to run down broke a state record this year for the most grand slams in a season, on of which was hit in the region tournament against what is supposed to be one of the best pitchers in our region. I would say that is pretty darn good. She also will be in the state record books for most home runs hit in a season. She doesn't hold this record, but has hit enough to be listed. It is really getting old that so many of you get on here and dog the kids in this community that work their ass off practicing games that they love. If you kid doesn't want to do that that's your problem. Stop running the ones down that do. My opinion is that some of the girls listed earlier shouldn't be on here either, but I'm not one to call out names. I also agree with a lot of the names that are listed. Run these girls down all you want it will only make them stronger!
umm

Greensburg, KY

#20 Jul 7, 2008
not many outfielders mentioned

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Reynolds (Dec '09) 5 min Fuzzy Wuzzy 14
david hancock 5 hr Green county girl 2
I know 5 hr Yokie 11
phillip wyatt (Jan '12) Wed Philips child 5
Fight at 5 Star Wed tater 6
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Jan 17 Bolshevik USA 639
Freds Jan 17 charri 2

Greensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Greensburg Mortgages