Since: Jun 09

Aberdeen, OH

#1 Jun 23, 2009
Anyone else know how these folks claim their beliefs are.They cant have tv,but they cant take their eyes off of them in Wal-Mart.They cant have a phone in their house but its right by the door in the garage and they are glued to their ears.They have vans in someone elses name first then they are lien holders.They want their drivers to pull up to the Wal-Mart or Store doors to wait on them.If you work for them your on a 24 hour day.Its hurry up and wait for them .They are a rude bunch of people.I cant understand why they dont just go ahead and get electricity and a drivers licence.JUST DONT KNOW

Since: May 09

New Castle, IN

#2 Jun 24, 2009
I used to see some amish people come into a place here in town i used to work and they had cell phones and mp3 players but these were younger kids. They were never rude though, matter of fact they were some of the most polite well behaved young people ive seen in a while

Since: Jun 09

Aberdeen, OH

#3 Jun 26, 2009
Buddha247 wrote:
I used to see some amish people come into a place here in town i used to work and they had cell phones and mp3 players but these were younger kids. They were never rude though, matter of fact they were some of the most polite well behaved young people ive seen in a while
They may seem that way but to them we English are the Devil worldly poeople.If you think I'm lying ask anyone who has ever driven for them.If you do they think they own your ass. I know 3 or more drivers who they used up. Polite in a store different out side the store.They get drunk alot too.Not to mention Rumspringa.
JESUS

Vancleave, MS

#4 Oct 14, 2009
THESE people are stuck in the past rumspringer thank god for rumspringer. watch the movie the devils playground it will tell you all about the rumspringer that happens once in a young teenagers life were they get to live like people outside of the Amish cumminity so they can know wether or not that is the way they want to live. rumspringer is a great wonderfull thing.
BarnBum

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Oct 30, 2009
Rather than watch movies or such about the Amish why not befriend an Amish family? I have several Amish families that frequent my home and i frequent theirs. We spend every Christmas morning with one particular family. There are many different "orders" of Amish. what ive learned from my Amish, who are "old order" is that they believe in the Holy Trinity and end time prophecy. Being Amish is not a religion, it is a life style choice, choosing to live off the land (for the most part) so as not to over induldge. Similar to how many Christians disapprove of drunkeness, which is an over indulgance (of alcohol).
Ive good experiences with Amish and ive had unpleasant as well. Like us, they come with many personality flaws because, after all, they are human.
WTF

United States

#6 Jan 22, 2010
Amish chicks are hot!
Bearpaw

Palmyra, IN

#7 Jan 5, 2013
@Wtf

Not Hannah! Lmao
Amish Smamish

United States

#8 Jan 5, 2013
Amish are some of the biggest cheats I ever met. I have bought numerous things they have made like brooms and mops and they don't last any time. Plus they charge an arm and a leg. I will go back to my MADE IN CHINA broom. Screw you Amish cheats.
Stud Light

Greensburg, IN

#9 Jan 5, 2013
You watch to much tv. Lay off the Amish Mafia on A&E for awhile. It's going to your head
Bearpaw

Palmyra, IN

#10 Jan 5, 2013
Stud Light wrote:
You watch to much tv. Lay off the Amish Mafia on A&E for awhile. It's going to your head
AMEN!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Greensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
honda help (Sep '13) 2 hr pesticide 12
Sheriff Greg Allen-Corruption, Lies & Cover-ups! 2 hr blackbetty 126
Thanksgiving Turkey Drawing III 12 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 64
Anyone else trying DE or Diatomaceous Earth FO... 17 hr Chief Red Sausage 6
People in Halloween Masks Wed Vermin Extractor 3
Take your pick Jeff Wed Vermin Extractor 30
Honda Aramark Cafeteria Wed Career Hunting 1

Freeze Warning for Decatur County was issued at October 31 at 3:12AM EDT

Greensburg Dating
Find my Match